ImageImageImageImageImage

This reffing is unbelievable.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Re: This reffing is unbelievable. 

Post#81 » by Waylon Mercy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 am

I know a lot of people that are turned off by the NBA and won't watch it because of the anti canadian
biased refs.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#82 » by Mister Ze » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iznEFZFzuU4[/youtube]

The officials haven't been the best so far, but missing a call as important and blatantly obvious as this is ridiculous. It was clearly a foul. Go to the 30-31 second mark.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Post#83 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 am

I for one have no problem believing the refs are purposely making calls against a team and that team is us. The fact that it is not just one ref or a few but a pattern indicates that it is a systemic issue not a personal one. In other words either it is caused by us being more error prone than all our opponents (but the eye test would seem to disprove this) or it is a totally random event (possible but unlikely) or it is being done in response to direct orders to the refs from above.

Unlikely as this is it remains a real possibility if we are to learn from Donaghy and go by common sense. Refs do get direction every game. The question is are they directed to be totally fair or are they directed to help one team or another. It could certainly be the latter.

So why would it be? The most likely reason imo is it is caused by something we will never know about. A business decision or a personal vendetta - payback for something BC or someone else did or said that did not go down well at head office. It could be for sure.

Not saying it is, just asking what the alternatives are. It could for example be that the reffing has not been bad. But this also seems to go against the many terrible calls in game after game and the fact that so few terrible calls have been in our favour.

Anyway, I hope it's not a permanent situation. **** has to stop. I agree Casey has to lose it. But in a situation where the forces of power have the all the power, would it be anything more than show?

Worst aspect of the NBA without a doubt. Every sport should learn from football. All power to the refs and no mercy on getting it right anywhere anytime on anyone.
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#84 » by TiKusDom » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 am

The officiating so far the entire season has been an utter disgrace and makes me want to quit watching the NBA all together. There is no way that every single game that the Raptors have played they have fouled more than the opposing team, and yet every single game the opposing team gets more fouls called in their favor. Some of the no-calls on DeRozan are just plain out corrupt or blatantly ignored by refs, terrible officiating . It's like the Raptors are playing 5 vs 8 whenever they are on the floor, fighting the opposite team and the officiating crew. Just disgusting.
JoeMoma
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#85 » by JoeMoma » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 am

I don't think its anything sinister.

I think its just a lack of respect for Derozan.

We also have foul prone players like Amir, Gray and Davis. Increased defensive intensity also accounts for more fouls. Young team, only two players that can drive to the net.

I agree that Derozan is not getting calls, but not so sold on the entire club being the victim.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#86 » by KnickerBonkerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 am

I'm so sick of this

MATT DEVLIN makes the reffing out to be waaay worse than it is. Every single drive, "DEROZAN..... NO FOUL!" "AMIR REBOUND..... NO CALL!"

It's a well known fact that referees swallow their whistle at times to keep the flow of the game, and it goes BOTH WAYS.

With that being said the Raptors have been getting the short end of the stick in a lot of games and tonight was one of them, Hansborough and Hibbert got away with a lot. I'm just sayin though, the commentators make it out to be way worse than it is.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#87 » by McFurious1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 am

KnickerBonkerz wrote:I'm so sick of this

MATT DEVLIN makes the reffing out to be waaay worse than it is. Every single drive, "DEROZAN..... NO FOUL!" "AMIR REBOUND..... NO CALL!"

It's a well known fact that referees swallow their whistle at times to keep the flow of the game, and it goes BOTH WAYS.

With that being said the Raptors have been getting the short end of the stick in a lot of games and tonight was one of them, Hansborough and Hibbert got away with a lot. I'm just sayin though, the commentators make it out to be way worse than it is.

The commentators are pointing out what's happening b/c it is bad since it's affecting the outcome of games!
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Post#88 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 am

JoeMoma wrote:I don't think its anything sinister.

I think its just a lack of respect

yeah this is another possibility. the whole league is so skewed to pander to the stars that we just get **** on as a matter of course. i'll buy that as a possibility too. only way out is to win despite them and get some respect from the league and media and then the refs will come around.

bs.
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#89 » by nitrous » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 am

Somehow everytime it is 4th quarter 1 minute left it's like we instantly start getting the opposite calls and suddenly our leads become losses.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#90 » by MikeM » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 am

I think in the NBA today refs just call fouls based on the defender's positioning relative to the ball handler. Also, I think elevation plays a big part in it. If you don't get off the ground the refs won't call anything in your favour.

DeRozan has a lot of plays where he is taking it right at a squared up defender who will elevate and make contact with the forearm most of the time. And somehow a lot of the time DeRozan isn't getting great elevation (60 minutes a night) when he is attacking.

He gets most of his calls when he beats someone or a defender is coming from the weak side. Rarely gets anything when a shotblocker is there waiting for him.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#91 » by Kabookalu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 am

Clutch Carter wrote:Image

Deplorable. Tonight I didn't even care if we won, I was still thoroughly disgusted. Not that I would still have felt evenly if we lost, that would be so much worse, but never has a victory felt so empty to me. I wonder what's going through Casey's head when he sees this **** in front of him.
Read on Twitter
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#92 » by ItsDanger » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 am

Nice to see that more & more people are recognizing the truth about the refs. Converting the non-believers has taken some time though. Only the owner has true recourse. Thats the problem with having owners who dont view the asset as a priority.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
JustWin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,927

Post#93 » by JustWin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 am

What drives me nuts, is how NO ONE has the balls enough to call out the refs... Kleiza took a T tonight, ok... But I mean come on Casey, say something after the game! Do something DURING the game... Look at Rick Carlisle last night, he got ejected cuz he argued some call with the refs, thats what we need to do! Casey needs to take one for the team and show that this is BS! It might not help right away, but in the future it might!
mamadontcry
Senior
And1: 342

Post#94 » by mamadontcry » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am

D.Casey must get a T foul early in the game otherwise we will be killed night in night out. I can' t believe what I m watching. How can you blame this team to take too many J when they don't get calls in the fuc#?ng paint !
#Phil The Master
SouR MaSh
Junior
And1: 8

Post#95 » by SouR MaSh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 am

You gotta remember NBA is a HUUUUGE money making business, if the whole government is corrupt do you really think the NBA isn't ?? And if not than please explain. It's in plain sight.
chimpston17
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#96 » by chimpston17 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am

Clutch Carter wrote:Image

This really says it all right here.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#97 » by Guy Smiley » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Perhaps the Raps can use this rep to become the modern day basketball version of the Broad Street Bullies.
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#98 » by andyo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Don't other teams like Dallas (Cuban + Don JR) send game tape to the NBA office about terrible officiating? But I don't think B.C will do anything, he has such an overarching sense of pride in himself that he would refuse to sacrifice it for the prosperity of this franchise. This happened with the Atlanta scoreboard situation where he didn't file an appeal whereas Miami did. And I'd suspect it happened with the Landry Fields situation as well when the Nash situation backfired on us- we were forced to eat that horrendous deal. This is probably the point where I mention Bargnani as being another example, where he refuses to give up on his idealistic view of him he had since draft night....and even if he doesn't have this view anymore, it's taken him a long time to concede that Bargnani is nothing like the 'star' he suggested (although he hasn't explicitly stated this and he's given us no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt). Anyways, this might just be me being irrational because my distaste for B.C has steadily grown over the past few days.
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#99 » by nonc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 pm

^GREAT CHART

i was not able to see the game, but crudely based on stats the Jazz game was probably reffed more ridiculously. we killed the Jazz in the paint, were at home, and got boned at the FT. Pacers had more points in the paint which makes it tough to argue the FT discrepancy, in a way. hopefully when Demar and Lowry are together consistently it will make the whistle less dubious.

it will be interesting to see the year-end total foul comparison. Hansbrough does get away with murder against us.

Another meltdown though really?
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#100 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:36 pm

J Dilla wrote:Well you gotta remember we don't have players that can get to the free throw line at will. I've heard the opposing announcers say it numerous times, we are just a perimeter team.

DeMar takes more shots at the rim than DWade, 3rd most among SGs. Where are the And1s this year?

With Bargnani, they've just decided they're not going to give him that pump fake to draf contact. He hasn't gotten that call very often. That used to be good for once a game.

Return to Toronto Raptors