ImageImageImageImageImage

This reffing is unbelievable.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Weems
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Re: This reffing is unbelievable. 

Post#61 » by Weems » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 am

It always felt heavily biased against us, but it's never been anything like this. The officiating has been downright disgraceful in at least 6 of our games. Both Indiana games have been horrendous.

I genuinely do not care if we win or lose and I'm finding it disgusting. I'm probably DeMar's biggest critic and hate everything about his game, but the way DeMar's been treated in particular has been upsetting. Dude's working harder than everybody else on the court and he's not getting reward - quite the opposite - he's getting completely shafted by the refs. He's not alone, though. This whole thing is like we're the underdog in an unspirational/feel-good movie, only there's not going to be any happy ending.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#62 » by witnessraps » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
DHK wrote:The only remote game that was called somewhat fairly was @Nets, however Lopez was getting superstar touch calls while the Nets were allowed to be extremely physical with our bigs.

Yeah, I loved how Jack and Matt went after the Salvatore for not giving Kleiza the rip through free throws when Lopez did. I saw Lopez get the exact same set of free throws in another game as well. He literally swung the ball all the way to the side of his hip to force contact and then went up in a shooting motion and they gave him two shots.

I've seen that play several times as well. It's laughable and absolute bs
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#63 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/fouls-category

We are tied for most fouls in the league, which we wont last year, (25.3/23.2), we had 1.5 more fouls per game than any team (edit: last year).

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/opponent-fouls-category

Our opponents foul at 19.8/gm giving us a net negative this year of -5.5 more per game this year. Last year at 18.5, makes its a -4.7.

You know there are alot of people who cap the highlights, bigmac, I forgot the new guy. But the only way we can is to make a viral video or something that catches on. We have won FSN polls, and numerous other things en masse, lets do something for our team.

To add to that, free throw averages 30.75-22.75 for the opposition.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,381

Post#64 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 am

The refs are doing exactly what the league wants them to do. There's no mystery behind the shady refereeing. This whole thing about "reputation calls" is the stupidest thing I've heard in professional sports. Imagine if a guy in hockey gets sticked in the face and doesn't get the call because he's a rookie. I don't know why it became normal for certain players to deserve those calls and others not to. If you watch as many games as I do, you'll also realize that the refereeing changes from quarter to quarter. It's kind of like teams coming out of timeouts or halftime. It's like the refs are given a game plan or get a phone call from the league during halftime, and suddenly they come out completely different than they did to start the game off, with one team getting all the calls.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#65 » by Boogie! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 am

tiger7 wrote:Its been this way for years. While I'm not surprised it still pisses me off when even our best players don't get foul calls. There should be no "earning" foul calls either its a foul or its not. Tired of all these superstar calls and just letting the opposing teams get away with hacking just so the refs can cover the betting lines in Vegas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapbztS ... 0NQtscT9ug

it's pretty damn obvious that the refs pick and choose when they wanna start calling fouls. case in point, we were getting hammered all night last night against utah with no calls and then suddenly in the final 2 mins of the second overtime (i think) when it looked like momentum was swinging in utah's favour, suddenly we get like 3 ticky tack calls in under a minute to put us in the bonus. like wtf is that? it's either a foul or it's not. and if you call something on one end, you better call that same thing on the other end. it's so bull... and idk if there's a bias, i'm not gonna go so far as to say the refs are intentionally holding the whistle for the raps, but the overall inconsistency in calls is pretty damn frustrating.

on that note, does anyone know the last time the raptors actually had more free throw attempts than their opponents?
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#66 » by DHK » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 am

Weems wrote:It always felt heavily biased against us, but it's never been anything like this. The officiating has been downright disgraceful in at least 6 of our games. Both Indiana games have been horrendous.

I genuinely do not care if we win or lose and I'm finding it disgusting. I'm probably DeMar's biggest critic and hate everything about his game, but the way DeMar's been treated in particular has been upsetting. Dude's working harder than everybody else on the court and he's not getting reward - quite the opposite - he's getting completely shafted by the refs. He's not alone, though. This whole thing is like we're the underdog in an unspirational/feel-good movie, only there's not going to be any happy ending.

It's the home court advantage thing the officials give out, and on the road well...you can sort of accept it.
however when it's happening in your own freaking building where the contact is being made in front of the officials face and they decide to swallow the whistle...it's absolutely infuriating. We aren't getting the 50/50 calls either IN TORONTO.

It would be nice if could get FIBA officials to call our games.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#67 » by J Dilla » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 am

Add the "make up calls for the last missed call" to the "reputation calls."

Why can't games just be refereed without considering the reputation of the player or the calls you missed? I remember when there was a referree strike going on and they had to hire some other refs, they were calling the games like they were supposed to me. Anyone remember this? It was in or after 2007.
UstaadJi
Senior
And1: 81

Post#68 » by UstaadJi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:59 am

Clutch Carter wrote:Image

:o
Great stuff, it's unbelievable how one sided it has been this year. Never seen anything like it, and I've been watching Raptor games since the team came into the league. There has always been a bit of bias, yet it was just a tad..and you could give the benefit of the doubt.

This year though? Your chart speaks for itself.. It's just brutally one sided. The refs must think that people are going to keep turning a blind eye or just won't notice..ridiculous. I really hope B.C is taking note.

We have to start a movement.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#69 » by J Dilla » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 am

Well you gotta remember we don't have players that can get to the free throw line at will. I've heard the opposing announcers say it numerous times, we are just a perimeter team.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#70 » by J-Roc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 am

J Dilla wrote:Well you gotta remember we don't have players that can get to the free throw line at will. I've heard the opposing announcers say it numerous times, we are just a perimeter team.

And yet I don't agree with that at all. Since Bosh left I'd say our team has been more about getting to the rack. Main reason is we don't have great 3pt shooter. Or a guy like Jose who doesn't shoot. But I agree that I still hear that generalization of the franchise.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#71 » by Boogie! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 am

J Dilla wrote:Well you gotta remember we don't have players that can get to the free throw line at will. I've heard the opposing announcers say it numerous times, we are just a perimeter team.

this is such a crock of ****. it's so annoying especially because bargnani has shown a willingness to attack the rim pretty consistently. and it's funny because he drives into the lane, like 3 players close on him, he never gets a call and lately jack has been saying **** like "omg he needs to pass out of that." meanwhile, he's actually doing the right thing in driving into traffic and trying to draw some contact and he nevers gets any calls. and then when he starts bricking shots and stops taking it inside people start saying "wtf why does he keep jacking up shots." derozan has shown a willingness to take it inside as well, but he barely ever gets calls that someone like lebron or wade or kobe would normally get in those situations. who gives a **** about reputations if it's a foul you call it a foul. and it's so sad how we actually do have players who try to take it inside yet we don't get rewarded for it and because of this we're labelled a perimeter team. i guarantee you if we started getting a lot of those 50/50 calls inside the outlook of this team and the impression people have on its players would be A LOT different.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
UstaadJi
Senior

Post#72 » by UstaadJi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:23 am

:o
You haven't been watching close enough this year. And by close enough I mean.. at all.
UstaadJi
Senior

Post#73 » by UstaadJi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:24 am

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:
Volcano wrote:Could there be an agenda? OKC for #4 pick?

Yup, stern and Bennett have a good relationship.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Damn, that's scary.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#74 » by bballsparkin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 am

ATLTimekeeper wrote:A good ole "Donaghy" chant at home games is much more fun.

Oh man, Stern would love that.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#75 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 am

The refs totally fabricated that 9-0 run at the end of the game. Time to make another blown calls youtube video.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#76 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 am

Los Manos wrote:The Toronto Raptors have just announced a new alternate logo that the franchise feels will encapsulate the fortunes of the team over the next decade:

Doesn't look like the Raptor is happy about taking it in the a$$ from the ref.
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#77 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 am

uniballer wrote:Casey has to lose it on the refs get tossed and make an example to the refs and the team that he won't stand for this BS anymore. The team also can't back down and resort to jumpers keep on attacking.

Damn right he does. Get yourself tossed Casey, or at least let Kleiza sling a ball at one of the refs next time they pull this non-call BS (which will obviously be next, and every game this season).
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#78 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 am

Clutch Carter wrote:This pretty much followed the pattern of last nights game, first half was even in both, the second not so much.

The only difference was tonight the refs were still pretty even in the 3rd quarter as opposed to last night.

The Raptors blew out Utah. The only reason they lost, was the refs trying to 'keep it close' at the end. Same thing tonight. Totally manufactured the 9-0 Indiana run. Blown call after blown call. Plus call after call against the Raptors.

THIS BS HAS TO STOP! NOW!
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#79 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:03 am

Clutch Carter wrote:Image

WOW, that really makes it clear that the Raptors have been screwed by the refs every single game this year!
TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,076
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Post#80 » by TheDoctor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 am

I can't remember seeing anything like this in all my time as a fan. We're not playing like the soft jump shooting team we've been for too much of the Bargnani era. But we're getting worse calls from the refs than any other season. :nonono:

Our video guy has been busy preparing footage for the league, every game.
Raptors Season Ticketholder since the 2000 playoffs, through all the lows... build to the championship high... to Tampa and back again.
RIP The Hater - we miss you.

Return to Toronto Raptors