ImageImageImageImageImage

This reffing is unbelievable.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ditchweed
Starter
And1: 89

Re: This reffing is unbelievable. 

Post#41 » by Ditchweed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:09 am

The rulebook is there, but the refs don't want to call fouls as per the rulebook and this probably comes from the top in the league.

If the refs actually did call the fouls as per the rulebook, a lot of players would be fouled out and the game would be considerably slowed down which in turn mucks up TV scheduling. Unfortunately the fouls are also not called even between teams and players, i.e such as superstar no calls, superstar barely touches, and "he's earned that or hasn't earned that call yet" fouls. That is what is unfair.

As well, the league can't let its poster child teams lose and poster child players get fouled out. They need their teams like the Lakers to get wins to get those TV contracts, and players like Kobe or Wade to strut. Teams like the Raptors are merely Washington General cannon fodder teams that are there to let the glory teams win and satisfy the bulk of the US fanbase in that the foreign team did not win.
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#42 » by dublo7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 am

and when we say viral video i mean gagnam viral. how could the league ignore that type of negative publicity. if the star, CNN, ESPN, TSN picks up this video.....

..... ii think the nba going to have to do something. hopefully it will be good for the raps :-?
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#43 » by J-Roc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 am

All right, I'm on board. The reffing out there has been a mess. And after seeing this game, you have to wonder why we keep getting screwed.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#44 » by witnessraps » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:17 am

I agree with the guy that said that next time the refs try to screw us and it's obvious Dwyane needs to lose his mind and get tossed.
chimpston17
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#45 » by chimpston17 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 am

change needs to happen, this is not right. I've never seen anything like this before over such a long period of time. Maybe for one game here or there but this is every single game. I think it's fortunate that Demar hasn't given up on attacking yet despite not getting calls, I think alot of players might by now in that situation, so props to him. This needs to change though
Tanveerballer15
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#46 » by Tanveerballer15 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 am

carlosey wrote:I like the idea of going viral and simply exposing refering in the NBA as a major problem. This is the only voice the fans could have on the matter. Something where fans of all teams can upload videos where they can point out how many "errors" the referees are making.

+1
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#47 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 am

Volcano wrote:Could there be an agenda? OKC for #4 pick?

Yup, stern and Bennett have a good relationship.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#48 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/fouls-category

We are tied for most fouls in the league, which we wont last year, (25.3/23.2), we had 1.5 more fouls per game than any team (edit: last year).

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/opponent-fouls-category

Our opponents foul at 19.8/gm giving us a net negative this year of -5.5 more per game this year. Last year at 18.5, makes its a -4.7.

You know there are alot of people who cap the highlights, bigmac, I forgot the new guy. But the only way we can is to make a viral video or something that catches on. We have won FSN polls, and numerous other things en masse, lets do something for our team.
joediamond
Banned User
And1: 404

Post#49 » by joediamond » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am

Tanveerballer15 wrote:
carlosey wrote:I like the idea of going viral and simply exposing refering in the NBA as a major problem. This is the only voice the fans could have on the matter. Something where fans of all teams can upload videos where they can point out how many "errors" the referees are making.

+1

as a note, I made the indiana pacers raptors questionable calls video, and when I made and uploaded the Derozan highlights of last night, the NBA wouldn't let it up, and only that video. Don't know why, everything else went up fine.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#50 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 am

joediamond wrote:
Tanveerballer15 wrote:

+1

as a note, I made the indiana pacers raptors questionable calls video, and when I made and uploaded the Derozan highlights of last night, the NBA wouldn't let it up, and only that video. Don't know why, everything else went up fine.

If you log all the games, and this is probably alot to ask to undertake. But if we could start having fans in this thread, log game times, when questionable calls happen, we can start using them, starting with DD getting mauled in OT final dunk, etc..
joediamond
Banned User
And1: 404

Post#51 » by joediamond » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 am

I could also try and do these past few games, but i'm not 100% sure if they'd stay up too if they took the Derozan highlights down. I'd have to upload it somewhere the NBA couldn't take it down, then the board would have to share the video themselves.

oh yeah and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapbztSOcqo[/youtube]

/oblig to this thread
Miilkbone
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#52 » by Miilkbone » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 am

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:

Could u imagine lol. Sterns last year he gets to give Canada the next hometown superstar.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#53 » by DHK » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 am

Someone has to have the balls to call out the officials..
Whether if its the players..
Casey getting ejected...his assistants getting ejected or even the general manager and the president himself..
What would be most optimal is if..every player on the Raptors, including the coach, calls out the officiating in the game and they receive a collective fine or w/e because this is getting ridiculous.

Whoever has a lot of free time and league pass or a replay of all the Raptors game, should make a video compliation, show it to the NBA, ESPN, make it known, make it viral.
Remaining subtle, and just trying to beat adversity isn't going to improve the situation and the officials are going to call a biased game against the Raptors thinking it's okay and that they can get away with it.
They simply can't.

Off the top of my head this game:
Psycho T literally clotheslines and throws down Calderon = no foul
Demar in position for the charge = blocking foul
Psycho T clearly moving and not having his feet set for the charge = charge
Demar driving hard to the lane getting hacked all over by Hibbert = no call

Other games:
Utah 2nd half: +25 in free throw attempts
Points in the paint: Raptors: 54 Utah: 40
Demar getting hacked on his dunk = no call
Kleiza grabbing onto Tinsley(?) from turnover = Clear path foul (arguable I guess..)
2 quarters later...the exact same play with Calderon breaking out... = Non-shooting foul

vs Pacers
50/50 ball when it went off the Pacer = Rewarded to the Pacers.
West with the shove on bargs = No call
West with the forearm elbow literally knocking down Bargs = No call
1st quarter Demar drives against 3 pacers defenders, theyre all making contact = no call

etc etc...
The only remote game that was called somewhat fairly was @Nets, however Lopez was getting superstar touch calls while the Nets were allowed to be extremely physical with our bigs.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#54 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 am

A good ole "Donaghy" chant at home games is much more fun.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#55 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 am

Miilkbone wrote:
DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:

Could u imagine lol. Sterns last year he gets to give Canada the next hometown superstar.

It makes sense.. Too bad he hates our beloved raptors.. He'll end up giving us the second pick for spite.

DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#56 » by DHK » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 am

If someone can compile the data and make the video compliation...
You would reach God Status temporarily at least on this forum..

Like...usually the officiating is terrible for a game or two..that's understandable...
but for every single freakin game!? Something's clearly up.
Tanveerballer15
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#57 » by Tanveerballer15 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 am

joediamond wrote:
Tanveerballer15 wrote:

+1

great video, do you have any plans to make anymore videos? I thought that late in the game tonight, there were lots of missed calls. If the vids get taken down you should let the board know and we could try to find another way to somehow document this stuff. The fans are sensing the bias and it's clearly boiling over.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#58 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 am

#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#59 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 am

DHK wrote:The only remote game that was called somewhat fairly was @Nets, however Lopez was getting superstar touch calls while the Nets were allowed to be extremely physical with our bigs.

Yeah, I loved how Jack and Matt went after the Salvatore for not giving Kleiza the rip through free throws when Lopez did. I saw Lopez get the exact same set of free throws in another game as well. He literally swung the ball all the way to the side of his hip to force contact and then went up in a shooting motion and they gave him two shots.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#60 » by J-Roc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 am

Is there a reason our media could never raise these questions to NBA big wigs? Like, do local media have a mandate to follow?

Return to Toronto Raptors