yardbarker

Toronto Raptors 2013-2014 Individual Game Leaders

# Date Player Pos MINFGMFGA3PM3PAFTMFTAREBASTSTLBLKPTS
1Jan 25, 2014Terrence RossSF43:5316291017910911051
2Jan 22, 2014DeMar DeRozanSG37:49152211914331140
3Nov 15, 2013DeMar DeRozanSG37:19132246710110037
4Feb 07, 2014DeMar DeRozanSG40:58921141719582136
5Feb 01, 2014DeMar DeRozanSG41:04142924694120136
6Jan 24, 2014DeMar DeRozanSG38:501022131316910034

See all Toronto Raptors individual game leaders

POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Alfred, Morris_Shatford

Who should be our closer?

Kyle Lowry
70
64%
Andrea Bargnani
3
3%
Demar Derozan
24
22%
We don't have him yet
13
12%
 
Total votes : 110

Post#16 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am by lobosloboslobos

evenflow wrote:Whoever has a good shot.

There should be no one individual player who automatically gets the ball in those situations. Run a team orientated offense and just get a good shot. We have guys who can hit those shots, just make sure we get the best shot possible.

No more of this one on one and Iso BS.


I agree with this. Iso ball bores me. But having said that, who would i want to have the ball with the game on the line:

1) Lowry
2) Val - I think we should build our entire offence around him and that includes the end of the game
3) Demar
Image
R.I.P. Manimal
lobosloboslobos
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,666
And1: 548
Joined: Jan 8, 2009
Location: 9999 ftw
Top

Post#17 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am by Big Shot

At the moment, it's Lowry. DD might have a chance as time goes by and he improves. First he has to stop doing that 360 turn around jumper.
Big Shot
Starter
Posts: 2,417
And1: 57
Joined: Mar 21, 2002
Top

Post#18 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am by fredericklove

Lowry or Rudy Gay.
fredericklove



Banned User
Posts: 24,573
And1: 6,145
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
Location: Toronto Raptors Playoffs Trauma Treatment Center
Top

Post#19 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am by sanity

As much as it pains me to say Bargnani is actually shooting reasonably well from the 3 this season. Anything/everything else, he's been quite disastrous at
sanity
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,551
And1: 1,786
Joined: Jul 8, 2009
Top

Post#20 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am by witnessraps

I think if we're talking fourth quarter in general, we need a steady dose of Lowry and DeMar almost every possession. They have proven they can make good things happen off the bounce going to the basket.

If we're talking last second shot kind of play then I'm going with Lowry then DeMar and Andrea a distant 3rd at this point
witnessraps

General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,006
And1: 915
Joined: Sep 8, 2010
Top

Post#21 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:43 am by Undefeated

lobosloboslobos wrote:2) Val - I think we should build our entire offence around him and that includes the end of the game


I agree. One thing I can't understand is why the Raptors never run the side pick-and-roll with Jonas where he can pop to the baseline setting up for the short 12-foot baseline jumper. That jumper of his from there is money. It's always the high screen-and-roll and/or flat for Jonas.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Undefeated
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,160
And1: 1,545
Joined: Mar 17, 2009
Location: Central Florida
Top

Post#22 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am by arbsn

Whoever has the most swagger

so obviously Lowry
arbsn
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,890
And1: 154
Joined: Feb 3, 2011
Top

Post#23 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 pm by niQ

lobosloboslobos wrote:
evenflow wrote:Whoever has a good shot.

There should be no one individual player who automatically gets the ball in those situations. Run a team orientated offense and just get a good shot. We have guys who can hit those shots, just make sure we get the best shot possible.

No more of this one on one and Iso BS.


I agree with this. Iso ball bores me. But having said that, who would i want to have the ball with the game on the line:

1) Lowry
2) Val - I think we should build our entire offence around him and that includes the end of the game
3) Demar


Damn, I forgot about Valanicunas. Yea, I think he's a nice option if we need that mini running hook.
Image
Credits TZ
niQ
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,844
And1: 379
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Top

Post#24 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 pm by TwoCrownKing

Lowry is the closer. Either as the facilitator on a drive and kick, or as the primary scoring option.
TwoCrownKing
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 1, 2006
Top

Post#25 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm by RyanW

Terrible1 wrote:Clearly, it should be Jose Triple Double Calderon

Or Kleiza
Image
RyanW
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 732
And1: 34
Joined: Jan 2, 2012
Top

Post#26 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm by -InFeRnO-

Lowry

right now Demar
Image
-InFeRnO-
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,154
And1: 67
Joined: Oct 19, 2008
Location: Toronto
Top

Post#27 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 pm by Indeed

Undefeated wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:2) Val - I think we should build our entire offence around him and that includes the end of the game


I agree. One thing I can't understand is why the Raptors never run the side pick-and-roll with Jonas where he can pop to the baseline setting up for the short 12-foot baseline jumper. That jumper of his from there is money. It's always the high screen-and-roll and/or flat for Jonas.


Hmm, Jonas is shooting 25% from 10-15 feet, and 40% non at-rim attempts:
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?nam ... alanciunas

I think we might want to hold on to the hypes, and allow him to take his time to develop as a good player.
Indeed
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,535
And1: 154
Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Top

Post#28 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm by Master Ze

Doesn't make sense to say "we don't have him yet". It doesn't matter how bad a team is, they always have a closer.
Master Ze
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,720
And1: 1,266
Joined: Jul 1, 2011
Top

Post#29 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm by Raptors Aiya

I voted for Demar because Lowry is hurt right now.

In hindsight, Lowry is hands down the clear choice to be our closer but Demar should be the 2nd option and the 1st option to take the shot when Lowry isn't on the floor.
Image
Raptors Aiya
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 681
And1: 158
Joined: May 20, 2011
Top

Post#30 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 pm by 22haytham22

Lowry is ur number 1 and ur number 2 should be derozan
Image

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
22haytham22




Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,976
And1: 3,711
Joined: Apr 19, 2011
Top

Post#31 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm by Thesachman19

Rudy Gay
http://www.raptorscage.ca
facebook.com/RaptorsCage
@RaptorsCage
Thesachman19




Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 815
And1: 301
Joined: Jan 2, 2012
Top

Post#32 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:04 pm by theycallmeZZ

(Almost) Anyone but Bargnani.
Image
Thanks TripleMKE

"Haters give me them salty looks"
- Lowry
theycallmeZZ

Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,747
And1: 1,082
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Top

Post#33 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 pm by Mascot

Landry Fields....get that draft pick trade out of the way before it kicks us in the ass
Image
Mascot
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,185
And1: 37
Joined: May 29, 2007
Location: Newfoundland
Top

Post#34 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 pm by ansoncarter

dunno but it shouldn't be derozan. Unless we want another repeat of the Utah game in overtime where they cleared out for Demar and all he brought was a bizarre twirling spin move shot from nowhere near close enough to the basket to be worrying about bizarre twirling spin moves. That thing was embarrassing to watch

don't need a closer anyways rather just leave the other team guessing
ansoncarter
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,097
And1: 275
Joined: Feb 1, 2006
Top

Post#35 Re: POLL: Who Should Be Our Closer?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm by mirrornick

ansoncarter wrote:dunno but it shouldn't be derozan. Unless we want another repeat of the Utah game in overtime where they cleared out for Demar and all he brought was a bizarre twirling spin move shot from nowhere near close enough to the basket to be worrying about bizarre twirling spin moves. That thing was embarrassing to watch

don't need a closer anyways rather just leave the other team guessing


That was actually a very unusual move, but you can't deny that it almost went in. DD does make tough fadeaways a lot, so I wouldn't say that it was a bad shot.
Image
Credit to ®ated
mirrornick

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,461
And1: 3,917
Joined: Jul 8, 2009
Location: Markham
Top

Next

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2pat, AkelaLoneWolf, ballislife, bk1000, boateng, Boomshakalaka23, cammac, CashMoney604, Cmike17, Darkseid, gamer1035, Geraz, Got Nuffin, Ivan Playoff, J-Roc, Jakay, LarSiN, Major Giz, MEDIC, MkDon, Mnimn, night_day, nuggett, Ponchos, RaptorHusky, Rimc, Robinator, SaveTheHens, Strategist1, sule, VC-INJURY, Zebsterama, zZero