ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

rapsfan26
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#481 » by rapsfan26 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Michael Bradley wrote:Bargnani should have been traded in 2007 when the team needed talent around Bosh

The fact that it's nearly 2013 and Bargnani is not only still here but still starting is astonishing. Colangelo's stubbornness has ruined this franchise.

+1
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#482 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
BD12 wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:We could probably get Tyrus Thomas for him straight up.

LOL. After they watch game tape of Bargnani this season, Rich Cho would probably turn down the deal.

Well, that is probably the most plausible deal I can think of, particularly with Andrea's trade value being so low, and no hot streak seemingly in sight.

Honestly...if BC can somehow trade Bargnani to the Lakers in a package (likely a 3-way deal) that nets us a Pau Gasol, I'd be ecstatic. Then, we'd be able to either keep Gasol or flip him at the trade deadline. Something strategic like that would redeem BC just a tad bit in my eyes.

There is NO redemption for BC in my eyes....none.

If he made this move he is only fixing one SEVEN years in the making.

He still has 3 awful moves that he can't take back now either.

1. The draft (biggest f up)....Drummond and Miller were the players to take
2. Signing Hedo *ahem* Landry Fields
3. Paying DeRozan before knowing his market value

To "redeem" himself he would need to right his wrongs instead our franchise will slowly/painfully endure the results of his sh*tty decisions as we are right now. Had Colangelo used his assets wisely we could have potentially looked like this right now:

Lowry/JL3/Machado (with our last pick)
Harden (for Valanciunas + Jose)/Young (sign him for $7M)
DeRozan/Miller
Gasol (for Bargnani + Davis + absorb some cap)/Amir
Drummond/Gray/Amir

That great line up is a generally young team with potential that could easily make the 2nd rd....instead here we are looking like we are right back to tanking.
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#483 » by lander » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 pm

BD12 wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:We could probably get Tyrus Thomas for him straight up.

LOL. After they watch game tape of Bargnani this season, Rich Cho would probably turn down the deal.

:lol:
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,516

Post#484 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Kobe would kill Jim Buss if they traded Pau for Bargs. lol
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#485 » by lander » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeah we`re not getting Pau, so let`s forget that idea.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#486 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Honestly, how many f*cks did Bargnani give this summer about his game and/or conditioning... a single f*ck, maybe 2 f*cks? Zero f*cks? Or negative one f*cks? Either way, it's pretty obvious Bargs gave somewhere between very little to no f*cks this offseason, which is why he came into preseason rusty as balls and it's continued from there
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,574

Post#487 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 pm

In all seriousness, I think Bargnani needs to be tested for gluten intolerance/sensitivity. It would explain a lot. Lay off the Italian food and see how that goes.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,206

Post#488 » by Scase » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Troubadour wrote:
Scase wrote:Well I have been advocating trading Bargs for J smoove, or Perkins + our pick back.

If you're Atlanta, why exactly do you want to trade Josh Smith for Andrea Bargnani when Pau Gasol is available? While we're at it, why would Josh Smith stay past this season if he's becoming a free agent in July?

As for OKC, how does Bargnani fit in at all with what they do there? They're a tough team that is athletic. Bargnani is neither of those things.

I think it's time we cut our losses and move on from the Bargnani era. Each 5-14 game with 2 rebounds is lowering his trade value.

If we can get a decent prospect and a pick, we should consider ourselves lucky.

Gasol is coming off the books at the same time as everyone else (AKA Lebron) they want to keep the cap flex, getting Smith would get that cash freed up too early and resigning him could potentially cost them Lebron. Not quite sure ATL would really want Gasol either, paying close to 2x as much to a player that is going to be 33/34 for the last two years and for stats that are worse and declining than J-smoove doesn't sound like something any team would do.

Bargs isn't an expensive contract and may simply need a change of scenery, if he can regain his form he would easily be worth the contract if not be good value.

About us keeping Smith, well that's not really a huge concern. If we can convince him to stay for a decent contract awesome, if not he comes off the books for 12m at the same time as JC's 10m freeing up a bunch of capspace.

As for OKC Perkins isn't even worth half his salary, so swapping a 9m+/yr player that should be paid 4m for a 10m/yr that should be paid 8m +our pick works for both sides.
K-mart isn't tough either yet he's there. Quite frankly when Bargs is playing normally he's not really that much different from him.

I'm not saying these are perfect trades and they could obviously be refined some but at least they are somewhat realistic instead of the typical Gay/Gasol for Bargs stupidity I constantly see referenced here.
Props TZ!
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#489 » by Volcano » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am

I think we have to wait for Bargnani to go on his hot streak before trading him, but we run the risk of BC thinking that Bargs has turned the corner like last year.
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#490 » by D-BE-LAW » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 am

well bargs isnt going anywhere. Its been time to trade calderon since last season, and hes still here.
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
And1: 2,404

Post#491 » by RandomRaptorfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:16 am

Honestly everyone, if we all have twitter accounts let's get #tradebargnani trending! I'm sure at least half the people in this topic have twitter, let's get it trending and tell all your friends! I'm sure some people in the raptors organization would at least notice it, even if it accomplishes nothing other than making them feel incompetent as hell, that's good enough for now
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#492 » by andyo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 am

The only problem I have with this is Chisholm made the article way too late and strikes me as no different than media guys who are afraid to speak out- see Eric Smith, Paul Jones. So he makes an article stating the obvious when Bargnani's value at his lowest.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#493 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 am

I wish one of these guys would write what they're thinking, a "It's time for Colangelo to be fired" piece. Though I'd prefer Doug Smith writing a "I'd be very surprised if Colangelo didn't keep his job until next summer" line even more :D
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,587

Post#494 » by plainballing » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 am

Shaazzam wrote:Trade him for anything that's not a net negative ie Starbury :P.

Yes, anything.

That's not even a ketchup...
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#495 » by raptorforlife88 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:36 am

He's just stealing money at this point. He's been a worse passer, a worse rebounder, a worse scorer then he was last year in the supposed prime of his career. We might as well just call it a loss, and hope to trade him for an expiring contract paired with a pick in the 2014 draft.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#496 » by Death Knight » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 am

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/andrea ... ov-17-2012

Listen to this POS! Talk talk talk. Never does anything about it. Doesn't care. Stealing money. Chilling. Want to punch him in the face.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#497 » by J-Roc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 am

Guys, you know it's coming. Andrea isn't playing well, but he's nowhere near as bad as Landry Fields was. The easy way to deal with Fields....injury. It's coming. Andrea will go down with some injury that we'll find out has been slowing him down.

Some will be happy, but it basically means he won't be traded. We'll just be a man down.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#498 » by Hero » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 am

It's sad we're paying this guy 33 mil over the next three seasons. :-?
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#499 » by TheFreshPrince » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 am

It's getting almost unbearable to watch Bargnani play, he just sets us back so much.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#500 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:18 am

Jose, Bargnani, Fields, Kleiza, Gray combining for 32.6 mil this season, which is about 55% of our payroll. Combined WS before today's game: 0.7. Extrapolated over 82 Gs instead of 8, that's 7.2 Ws. 55% of the payroll, on pace for 7.2 Ws. That's how you end up tanking.

Or put it this way, if the entire team were producing WS as well as Jose, Bargnani, Fields, Kleiza, Gray (so 100/55), they would be a 13 W team with a 59 mil payroll

Return to Toronto Raptors