ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#641 » by Big Shot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Nortel
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#642 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

We have a hard time selling either high or low, because this is the usual series of events for Raptors prospects

Stage A - Early: Give X time, wait for him to break out, why move early?

Stage B - Player gets hot: X is a franchise player now, why would we even listen to phone calls for him? Untouchable baby! Btw let's pay the man while we can!

Stage C - Player cools down: Why would we sell so low on X? Just wait for him to improve his value

Stage D - Player continues to suck: Sooooooo who wants X? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Demar is currently at Stage B after spending some time at Stage A. Bargs is at Stage C and shopping for houses in Stage D, after spending time at Stage A and B. Calderon is at stage D, after spending time at A, B and C. Landry Fields did not pass Go and went straight to Stage D.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#643 » by Death Knight » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm

I come on realgm everyday hoping for breaking news.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#644 » by J-Roc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:We have a hard time selling either high or low, because this is the usual series of events for Raptors prospects

Stage B - Player gets hot: X is a franchise player now, why would we even listen to phone calls for him? Untouchable baby! Btw let's pay the man while we can!

Stage C - Player cools down: Why would we sell so low on X? Just wait for him to improve his value

Stage D - Player continues to suck: Sooooooo who wants X? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Demar is currently at Stage B after spending some time at Stage A. Bargs is at Stage C and shopping for houses in Stage D, after spending time at Stage A and B. Calderon is at stage D, after spending time at A, B and C. Landry Fields did not pass Go and went straight to Stage D.

You should post that in a thread titles "A little perspective..."
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#645 » by TheFreshPrince » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 pm

The fact that Colangelo seems to be able to detach himself from any player besides Andrea really sucks. I mean, if the kid was a superstar I could understand, but not this guy...
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,754

Post#646 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm

TheFreshPrince wrote:The fact that Colangelo seems to be able to detach himself from any player besides Andrea really sucks. I mean, if the kid was a superstar I could understand, but not this guy...

I remember when he was first drafted, Colangelo said something about him being such a good kid and like a son.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#647 » by cage » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm

he can chuck the ball at the hoop from nearly any where on the court. that's what he's exceptional at.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#648 » by TheFreshPrince » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
TheFreshPrince wrote:The fact that Colangelo seems to be able to detach himself from any player besides Andrea really sucks. I mean, if the kid was a superstar I could understand, but not this guy...

I remember when he was first drafted, Colangelo said something about him being such a good kid and like a son.

In grade 10 English they called that foreshadowing :cry:
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,923

Post#649 » by JN » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:We have a hard time selling either high or low, because this is the usual series of events for Raptors prospects

The fanbase can have a stage A,B,C or D reaction in terms of trading Bargnani. But for BC there are no such stages for Bargnani - he will always be in love.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,799

Post#650 » by James_Raptors » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm

J-Roc wrote:

I have stated , even today, that I do not want Bargnani starting on this team any more.
Furthermore I would support the notion of trading him but would be hopeful it wouldn't be in exchange for a bad contract or a bag of beans (the latter being more acceptable, of course). I even pointed out Bargs poor play in the opening statement in the "A little perspective" thread.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#651 » by lucky777s » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 pm

If he has to stay, for whatever reason, the 6th man role is just so perfect for him. Nobody will care about his boards or D as much. We will judge him primarily on how well he scores the ball each night. Ride him while he is hot and bench him as soon as he turns cold.

It is hard for me to understand why the club won't entertain that thought. Start Kleiza at the 4 and he gives you the same magic 'spacing' that Bargs does, but he plays with more fight.

It is still an important role, just fewer minutes. So we can play bigs who give more in other areas of the game for the extra minutes.

if Bargs can play well off the bench it might even make him more tradeable.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#652 » by Kabookalu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Despite his talk of accountability it's clear that Casey is a guy who prefers players that play his way and can contribute to his offense exactly the way he planned it in his head. As infuriating as Bargnani has been he at least does what Casey asks him, which is stretch the floor and set screens. Valanciunas and Davis add more to the team, but not in the areas that Casey would like, apparently.

And this is not defending Casey, I actually hate this mindset. It's what caused him to play Calderon over Bayless and it's what's keeping Bargnani in the starting lineup. Though it's one shared by most great coaches, the defensive minded ones, so it's either save us from Bargnani's bipolar ways by trading him or force Casey to coach in a way that takes him away from what makes him the coach he is.
Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors