ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#581 » by Hero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Does anyone remember at the start of the season when bargnani was our best player, and a key component to our playoff run?

Really? I always thought Lowry was our best player coming into this season.
mtran5569
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#582 » by mtran5569 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 am

Bustnani is so inconsistent and wnen his game is off he doesn't bother to do other things. He is the weak link in the starting lineup. A waste for $10 mil plus salary.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#583 » by dTox » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm

@WolstatSun: From what I've heard, Raptors not yet taking looking to move Bargnani. But team believes (and it isn't BS) there would be market for him an hour ago
TBZ for the win
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#584 » by Big Shot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

dTox wrote:
@WolstatSun: From what I've heard, Raptors not yet taking looking to move Bargnani. But team believes (and it isn't BS) there would be market for him an hour ago

I wished this was from Doug.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#585 » by MrBojangelz71 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:57 pm

AB has a lot more in the tank, just a rough start to the season. Give him another 5 games, he will be our leading scorer, he will help us win games, and posters will once again hop over the fence.

Not saying I wouldn't trade him, but he is far from being the albatros many on here are making him out to be. In the end, if it doesnt equate to a strong first round pick, or a quality SF coming back, would rather keep him.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#586 » by Beardman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 pm

lol @ Bargs and Fields for Pau Gasol. Dude even went into tremendous detail as to how it go about.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#587 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:10 pm

As a Lakers fan as well, I don't want Bargnani anywhere near that team. Trade him to Wizards for all I care.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#588 » by Too Late Crew » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:AB has a lot more in the tank, just a rough start to the season. Give him another 5 games, he will be our leading scorer, he will help us win games, and posters will once again hop over the fence.

Not saying I wouldn't trade him, but he is far from being the albatros many on here are making him out to be. In the end, if it doesnt equate to a strong first round pick, or a quality SF coming back, would rather keep him.

You mean like he's done every year..oh wait ....

He does have more in the tank but he's NEVER shown it for more than a few games at a time and there is no reason to think he ever will.

He will be our leading scorer..becuase if you force feed a guy 17 shots a game and 35mpg regardless of how he performs he will likley end up your team's leading scorer.
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#589 » by thunderforce » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm

dTox wrote:

Didn't they believe there was a market for Calderon last year also , and before that didn't that believe there was a market for the large tpe they had but did not use .
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#590 » by thunderforce » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Actually Bargs should start to round into shape very soon quickly to be followed by an injury .
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#591 » by lucky777s » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

The jury is in, the verdict has been read. Its over. The mythical 13 games was just another hot streak like Bargs had shown in prior years. He is not a winning player.

Could Kobe kick his butt and get him more energized? Maybe short term, but in the end he will be who he is. Lowry's attitude did nothing for Bargs, in fact Bargs seemed to shrink in the presence of an alpha male.

The idea that we can't find an inefficient 3pt chucker who can grab a few boards and play mediocre to below average D to replace him is ridiculous. You force feed any nba player shots and they will have hot streaks and put up points.
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#592 » by Homer Jay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
TiKusDom wrote:hot trash amare for hot trash bargnani.... lateral move at best

I'm going to call Bargnani, Hot Trash Bargnani from now on until he is traded

Seconded. It is time for HTB to go out the door. He's holding this team back, we need a traditional four, whether we get one back for AB, or get a three and promote ED or Amir doesn't much matter to me. He just needs to be gone. His effort this year has been so wildly inconsistent, and being witnessed by such a young and impressionable team, and what they need warriors and not wimps out there to learn from. Like when we picked up Oakley and Willis to mentor VC and T-Mac back in the day (too bad it didn't rub off on VC, but mommy told him to ignore the mean man Oak).
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#593 » by Alfred » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:26 pm

dTox wrote:

I'm starting to believe there is nothing Bargnani could do to get traded.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,167

Post#594 » by niQ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:28 pm

dTox wrote:

SMH Raptors.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#595 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm

lucky777s wrote:The jury is in, the verdict has been read. Its over. The mythical 13 games was just another hot streak like Bargs had shown in prior years. He is not a winning player.

I honestly can't even believe there was some kind of decision to be made on it. You don't base conclusions and hope on 13 games. It doesn't matter what advanced stats show, it's still only 13 games. None the less, he is still a useful player in the right role and there is obviously a market for him out there. Colangelo will never trade him though, I'm 100 percent sure on it.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#596 » by Scase » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Alfred wrote:
dTox wrote:

I'm starting to believe there is nothing Bargnani could do to get traded.

I'm waiting on the BC fanbois to still try and argue that he doesn't have some deep connection with Bargs.
Props TZ!
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#597 » by CreaM » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 pm

That tweet was depressing.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#598 » by Gold Chain » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 pm

I have always tried to visualize Bargs in another jersey.

Always see Indiana in my head, have no idea why.

It'll be interesting to see how the new fanbase deals with him.

As much as no one wants to hear it, he could go somewhere else and score 30+ five nights in a row and become a hero.
And then revert back to Andrea "Primo" Bargnani.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#599 » by Tha Cynic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:06 pm

The thought that the Lakers would take on Bargnani and Calderon is hilarious. As much as I think they may have to trade Gasol to improve the pick and roll defense in their starting lineup, the Lakers already have 3 big men better than Bagnani. Howard and Gasol speak for themselves, but now Jordan Hill is starting to show why he was compared to a young Chris Bosh. The guy is constant energy and rebounds like a mad man. Before this season he didn't have much of an offensive game, but now possesses a little hook shot and a mid range jumper. If he was on the Raptors, he would be starting and putting up close to 10 and 10, especially given time to develop on his offensive game. There is no way the Lakers, or any playoff team trades for a guy like Bargnani. I've said it before and I'll say it again - big men need to rebound and defend. Teams can get away with big men without too much of an offensive game, but if they can't do those two important things, they are a detriment to the team, unless the guy puts up numbers like a Nowitzki, and is surrounded by rebounders and defenders at every other position.

Calderon would also be a detriment to the team, when you consider that they already have Steve Nash, who may be the worst defensive PG in the league. With both Calderon and Nash, the Lakers would have two of the worst defensive PGs in the league. Calderon is also not exactly the player you trade for when you're trying to be the Showtime Lakers 2012. Darius Morris and Chris Duhon look much better suited for the role. Morris looked like he didn't belong in the league a season ago, and now has improved so much, you can actually see huge potential in him. He is going to explode in the new system and is easily the Lakers' best defensive PG.

Then you move onto the Thunder. They just traded for a guy with a lot of offense and no defense, in Kevin Martin. I seriously doubt that they take on Bargnani and Calderon, especially when you consider that they still play Perkins despite the fact that he can't do anything but guard big men who post up, and there aren't really many big men who can post up anymore. They already have Serge Ibaka who is a tremendous rebounder and shot-blocker, and a much better shooter than Bargnani from the elbow. They also have no need for Calderon who doesn't know how to play in an uptempo game or defend. I can just imagine the Thunder breaking, only to have Calderon pull the ball back out. He is one PG in the league who can probably stop the Thunder fast break.

Try to remember that the Lakers and Thunder and playoff teams. They are looking for defense and shot-blocking from their big men, and explosive PGs who can defend.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#600 » by HomieOmey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 pm

The Thunder still need offensive help, and we still have no idea what they plan to do with Perkins and Martin. They probably can't keep both, and if they were going to amnesty Perkins, why wouldn't they just keep harden?
TurboZ

Return to Toronto Raptors