ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#21 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

I still think Bargnani for Jeff Green makes sense for both Toronto and Boston.
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#22 » by KingstonRaptors » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 pm

For some reason, I had this incredible dream we traded Jose and Bargnani for Pau Gasol and Darius Morris, maybe cause I watched both games last night.
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
carmelo115
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#23 » by carmelo115 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Bargnani is still a capable +20ppg threat every night at the PF/C position. I'm sure there are options available. Remember, Derek Fisher and Luke Walton of all people were able to net the Lakers Jordan Hill. So Bryan Colangelo can definitely get something decent for Bargnani, that is, if he is willing to part ways.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#24 » by Big Shot » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Would CHA trade Biyombo + for him? He's coming off the bench so far this season.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#25 » by Komodo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Unfortunately, his trade value is very low.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#26 » by niQ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

It was time a long time ago. We should've at least tried to trade him after those 13 games when his value peaked.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#27 » by FreshyFlames » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Bargs and Jose for Bosh and Battier.
Raps in 6ix
Beauge
Sophomore
And1: 123

Post#28 » by Beauge » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I think Bargs and Calderon for Gasol makes perfect sense with the arrival of D'Antoni in L.A. Howard would more than make up for Bargs weaknesses, and Bargs and Calderon would provide the outside shooting required for D'Antoni's system.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#29 » by Mister Ze » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I still think Bargnani for Jeff Green makes sense for both Toronto and Boston.

I would do the trade if I was Toronto but I don't think the Celtics would want a defensive liability on the floor.

The Pistons still haven't won a game and the Raptors don't have a decent starting SF. Trade Bargnani + Kleiza for Prince + Maxiell. Both teams benefit as Detroit gets a player to provide some offense which they desperately need and Toronto saves money in the long run while obtaining a veteran SF and an expiring in Maxiell.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#30 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm
He’s got value. DEN + LAL could use him. @saj1191: @timpchisholm so where do you move him…easy to say move him but for what and where!
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#31 » by Indeed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

I am open to trade Bargnani.
The decision will be based on how well Jonas and Bargnani work together. The biggest issue with a Jonas-Bargnani lineup is against small lineup (or 2 guards lineup). With Bargnani not getting offensive rebound and not comfortable with back to the basket game (to draw foul), we cannot punish smaller lineup. Also, his defense will be liable against SF who plays PF.

However, we lack a creator from our lineup to replace Bargnani's performance. As we see the scoring from our bench with good defensive bigs, they can hardly score.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#32 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

This is not a defense of Bargs and if he is traded for someone decent i won't miss him at all but i do just want to point out one thing, which is that it seems totally clear (and yes totally pathetic) that Bargs arrived in camp in nothing like game shape and that an unbiased observer might conclude we should wait a couple more weeks to see if the result of him working himself back in game shape (as he appears to be doing) will be the energized 13 game bargs, whcih we've only glimpsed. Either way as he gets into game shape he's likely going to become more and more effective and valuable. if only for trading purposes. (and i totally agree that not arriving in game shape is inexcusable. total punk move.)

sidenote: you're paying a guy 10 million a year. how do you not spend 30 or 40 grand to hire a trainer for a few months during the offseason to work him out every day for a few hours so you maximize your investment? I would do this with any important player. what's 50 or 100k compared to the player's salary and the benefits of say making the playoffs? and you MAKE players do it as part of their contract. seems pretty simple but...
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#33 » by BD12 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

I don't think it matters if he's on a cold streak. He's inconsistent and always has been a streaky scorer. He is 27 and isn't going to get any better as a player. Most GMs know what kind of production they expect out of him as a player night in and out. They also know he is a weak defender and doesn't have a good motor. They aren't idiots guys.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#34 » by sanity » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Should have traded his ass years ago. He's a horrible on-court teammate. The last 2 games was an embarrassment of selfish play on his part
TheBatman
Rookie
And1: 917

Post#35 » by TheBatman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

The article is straight to the point and correct. The team make up has shifted to a hard working style, which Bargnani does not fit. It's can be deflating when other players play hard while Bargnani fades in and out of games and still gets minutes. It's time for Bargs to go.
Paradokz
Pro Prospect
And1: 214

Post#36 » by Paradokz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

bargs for VC?
dallas gets a dirk clone to hold them over till dirk gets healthy so they don't have to change their game plan

and i get to wear my vince jersey again
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#37 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

I like his skills and would want him to stay, depending upon what the return could be.

BTW, Chisolm is not making a strong case. Teams market what fans say they want, so if there's push back about Bargs from fans, highlight how Jonas is not like Bargs. They say they are about that now, because that's what they lacked, but to blame one player for what the team a whole represents is odd. I mean, do we want a pendulum where we go hustle one day skill the next and back and fourth, or is the goal to build a competitive club. If the goal is to build a competitive club, a case could still be made for a trade and it would be stronger, but you have to know what you're getting. These writers don't' and can't know that, so they delve into these reasons. But unless you buy that Casey is forced to play Bargs from above, and if you take his comments at face value, then he holds him in pretty high regard. So, I doubt he's going to want to sacrifice their goals so that they remain true to words used to highlight the positives of 23 win club. Casey also told Sam Mitchel and others he'd sacrifice that D, for a more competitive offense, so writers are picking and choosing quotes to make their cases. If they want to run him out, fine. He'll be fine, perhaps better off, but, unless I know who's coming back I don't see how it will help us.
Mediocrity
Sixth Man
And1: 596

Post#38 » by Mediocrity » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

I have wanted Bargnani's ass out of here for so long it isn't funny. However, I just cant see a scenario where Bargnani is not on the team. I feel that BC will never trade him. I feel like we are going to be stuck with this turd as long as BC is here.
picc wrote:If the Lakers get Dragic, a championship is back on the table for this season. He's that good, and we're that close.
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 510

Post#39 » by Garmfay » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Been one of Bargs biggest supporters. Shouldn't have added muscle in the off-season. He's too slow/heavy, no lift on shots. Time to get rid of him, theres always a problem with him every year
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#40 » by LLJ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 pm

VC for Bargs would be a meal so rich with iron(y).

Yet I would still do it.

Return to Toronto Raptors