ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,541

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#461 » by DG88 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:He looks confused out there.

When is he not
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#462 » by TheDunc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 pm

His value is at an all time low right now so i doubt well get much from him. We'd be lucky to get a guy like Green
STA 13
Lead Assistant
And1: 361

Post#463 » by STA 13 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Even going back to his rookie year, I never understood how anyone thought he would be a good player.
He is what he has always been
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,541

Post#464 » by DG88 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:39 pm

TheDunc wrote:His value is at an all time low right now so i doubt well get much from him. We'd be lucky to get a guy like Green

I don't give a crap what we get for Bargs it's better than him being on the team
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#465 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm

DG88 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:He looks confused out there.

When is he not

I tried to watch him alot off the ball today, he looks really confused in this offense. Whenever he had any doubts, he just floated back out to the perimeter and stayed there to try and not get in anyones way.

He isnt comfortable out there. He had a few open shots but heistated and deferred, then unltimatley he starts putting up stupid ass shots just to throw up stupid ass shots to try and get himself going.

Bargs needs to move better off the ball to try and get an easy lay up to get going rather than just hoping to get hot from deep.

Roght now, he is trying to get himself going by taking perimeter shots which is a bad thing when his shot is off. last year Bargs would get more calls off the bounce or off the pump, but he isnt getting any of it this year. Having Jose is just compounding the struggles, because he sets up so late in the shot clock and so far from the basket.
Michael Bradley
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#466 » by Michael Bradley » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Bargnani should have been traded in 2007 when the team needed talent around Bosh

The fact that it's nearly 2013 and Bargnani is not only still here but still starting is astonishing. Colangelo's stubbornness has ruined this franchise.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#467 » by zilby » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Think if Jeff Green struggles they would make a move in Boston?

I can just imagine KG getting in his ear every time he gets blown by :lol:
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#468 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 pm

We could probably get Tyrus Thomas for him straight up.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#469 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 pm

I just don't get why they don't run the simple pick and pop from 15-20 feet for him like they do for Garnett/David West/Gasol etc. Instead we get subjected to these stupid awkward out of control drives from the three point line. It's just stupid.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#470 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:I just don't get why they don't run the simple pick and pop from 15-20 feet for him like they do for Garnett/David West/Gasol etc. Instead we get subjected to these stupid awkward out of control drives from the three point line. It's just stupid.

Because we run a random offense? Most of our plays with Lowry out start at the 3 pt line for DD and Bargs.
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#471 » by BD12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:We could probably get Tyrus Thomas for him straight up.

LOL. After they watch game tape of Bargnani this season, Rich Cho would probably turn down the deal.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#472 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:59 pm

zilby wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Think if Jeff Green struggles they would make a move in Boston?

I can just imagine KG getting in his ear every time he gets blown by :lol:

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Boston ever takes a player like Bargnani.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#473 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:I just don't get why they don't run the simple pick and pop from 15-20 feet for him like they do for Garnett/David West/Gasol etc. Instead we get subjected to these stupid awkward out of control drives from the three point line. It's just stupid.

Because we run a random offense? Most of our plays with Lowry out start at the 3 pt line for DD and Bargs.

Whatever the reason is, it's stupid. I hate Bargs, but we can at least run plays where he can just catch and shoot wide open mid range shots like a regular stretch big. They did it to start the game and it was so easy.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#474 » by sanity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:00 pm

He just doesn't fit their mold of... playing with effort and trying to win games.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#475 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:05 pm

BD12 wrote:

LOL. After they watch game tape of Bargnani this season, Rich Cho would probably turn down the deal.

Well, that is probably the most plausible deal I can think of, particularly with Andrea's trade value being so low, and no hot streak seemingly in sight.

Honestly...if BC can somehow trade Bargnani to the Lakers in a package (likely a 3-way deal) that nets us a Pau Gasol, I'd be ecstatic. Then, we'd be able to either keep Gasol or flip him at the trade deadline. Something strategic like that would redeem BC just a tad bit in my eyes.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#476 » by Slo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:09 pm

lol Gasol.. If, and thats a big IF, we do manage to somehow find a suitor for Bargs the best deal we can realisticly get will be a salary dump a.k.a. expiring contracts. By now, every team in the NBA has seen and knows what Bargnani is and on top of that he makes 10mil per year. So stop with the Gasols for crying out loud..

When (if) Bargnani gets traded to a another team, he will there be a 7th,8th,9th man in the rotation. Making 10mil per year...
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#477 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Slo wrote:lol Gasol.. If, and thats a big IF, we do manage to somehow find a suitor for Bargs the best deal we can realisticly get will be a salary dump a.k.a. expiring contracts. By now, every team in the NBA has seen and knows what Bargnani is and on top of that he makes 10mil per year. So stop with the Gasols for crying out loud..

When (if) Bargnani gets traded to a another team, he will there be a 7,8,9 man in the rotation. Making 10mil per year...

Tyrus Thomas it is.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#478 » by Slo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:12 pm

I would sign off on that deal in like a 0,0001 second. As a matter of fact, id sign of on just about anything just so we can finally start a new era in TO.
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#479 » by BD12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
BD12 wrote:

Well, that is probably the most plausible deal I can think of, particularly with Andrea's trade value being so low, and no hot streak seemingly in sight.

Honestly...if BC can somehow trade Bargnani to the Lakers in a package (likely a 3-way deal) that nets us a Pau Gasol, I'd be ecstatic. Then, we'd be able to either keep Gasol or flip him at the trade deadline. Something strategic like that would redeem BC just a tad bit in my eyes.

I was kidding. Honestly though...BC would turn down that deal. Tyrus Thomas shouldn't even be in the league right now..
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#480 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Honestly, Bargs and Fields for Amar'e is fair value for both teams...

Return to Toronto Raptors