yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, FluLikeSymptoms, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic, Alfred, Undefeated, DG88, itbobby007

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
318
88%
No, we should be patient.
44
12%
 
Total votes : 362

Post#511 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 am by isyed

At this point i would look at anything out there that we can get. Something more useful or someone who is having a down year. Some players i might target:

SAC - Tyreke Evans - He has had a bad year there as well but i think a move would be nice for him. Same position as Derozan but we need to get as much talent as possible. We can figure the rest out later.

BOS - Jeff Green - Boston needs some production from their bigs when KG goes. They still have a small window. With Rondo defending the point and PP and KG providing the assists and leadership Bargs should be able to play well here.

OKC - Perkins - I know OKC might be trying to save some money but with Harden gone they need some talent. They hardly get any scoring from their bigs. Ibaka can go back to defending while Bargs stretches the D out. Perkins is on a shorter contract and can start while JV develops. He gives us toughness and grit.

NYC - Stoudamire- I know he is Injury prone and a bit selfish plus no defence but he does have talent. His contract is on for 2 more years. We could send back Fields and Bargs for Stoudamire which gives us good scoring from the PF position. Lowry, Derozan and Amare are a good place to start. Val can play at his spot at the 5. Amare also bring some toughness. As much as i dislike him and agree he is a bit cuckoo he does bring and edge and solid talent to our team. With no other dominent scorer like melo he might even thrive. Plus its 2 more years after this year so its not a major long term commitment. We also get rid of Field's contract. This is if New York believes that Melo and Amare cannot coexist and they need some decent talent/role players coming back.

CHI - Boozer - Chicago is not going anywhere this year. Rose will not be back till Feb or Mar. They will probably go for a top 10 pick and Bargs would add some solid talent which they could use as a stretch 4 and secondary scorer. Plus Noah works well to back him up.

CHA - Gordon - We save a year and also bring back some much needed bench scoring. A legit scorer on the bench. Bobcats add more talent which might develop. Kidd-Gilchrist is a solid SF alogn with Biyombo to play with Bargs upfront.

DET - Villnaueva - Highly doubt BC would bring Charlie back for Bargs of all people but if Will Bynum is also thrown in we save some money and Charlie comes back to his rookie team. he provides some legit flexibility and a change of scenery might do him well. Again a PF but atleast he can defend.

WIZ - Okafor - Give me some toughness upfront. We save some money and Bargs goes to play with Nene. Okafor can start while Val learns.

DEN - Chandler - He is not getting any time. He should be able to start and get major minutes with us. Bargs gives them some solid bench scoring and a stretch 4.
isyed
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,597
And1: 30
Joined: Jun 6, 2003
Top

Post#512 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 am by Geddy

I think at this point with his value at a low he has to be moved as part of a package in order to get a good return. The only question is which young piece would the team be willing to move. At the moment Ed looks like the only moveable piece that teams would be interested in, but I personally would like to see Ed stay with the team. The rest of the pieces are either unproven, have bad contracts, total crap or a combination of those.

On the other hand I do agree with some of the others here that simply getting him off the team, even if it brings back peanuts, would be a step in the right direction.
Geddy


Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 45,149
And1: 13,045
Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Location: Willie hears ya, Willie don't care
Top

Post#513 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 am by JYD

TheFreshPrince wrote:
Wham! wrote:
lucky777s wrote:
Casey blames the D problem on the 'new guys' needing time to pick it up and understand rotations.

I used to watch all .


And to think it was only 2 months ago that Casey was so happy to have a full training camp for this stuff. :lol:


If he tells it like it is he'll be on the first plane out of here. The man has proven he can coach, but he's handcuffed.


Unfortunately this is the sad truth...6+ years of making excuses for our blessed #1 pick.
Image
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 22,502
And1: 657
Joined: Aug 6, 2001
Location: NOT POSSIBLE! NOT POSSIBLE!
Top

Post#514 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 am by Hero

So I'm reading the TSN article and I find this...


"We can't afford to play such bad defence -- especially against this type of team," Bargnani said. "One day we play good defence and then there are games like today where we play very bad defence, so I can't say it's getting better. We have to focus more and give a better effort."


Unbelievable.
ImissJordan wrote:I hate any team with LeBron James on it.
Hero
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 16,198
And1: 9,011
Joined: Apr 5, 2012
Top

Post#515 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 am by Geddy

I fear that BC would be crazy enough to let Bargnani stay on this team under a different coach if he believed that Casey was holding him back. He has been coddled for 6 years so why not keep it up some more.
Geddy


Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 45,149
And1: 13,045
Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Location: Willie hears ya, Willie don't care
Top

Post#516 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:56 am by bballsparkin

A GM needs to sell a trade to the fans. That includes the casual/most with the hardcore/lesser. First thing I do as a fan when a trade goes down is check their stats.

Bargs at present:

8 games .357 fg% .361 3 point fg % 4.8 total rebounds 17.0 points

That's a tough sell in the papers. If he goes on a hot streak it will boost his stats which imho makes it easier to justify a GM making a move for Bargs. Or at least I hope. A GM can likely see Bargs for what he is. But if he were to take a fly on him, by likely getting rid of someone he's not fond of in the first place or whatever, he'll need to sell him. Hard to sell the Bargs on his career stats and present stats for the year.
bballsparkin
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,929
And1: 442
Joined: Mar 2, 2009
Location: inbetween here, there, nowhere, and somewhere else
Top

Post#517 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:16 am by Volcano

guy guys guys..this season doesn't count because Lowry got injured..let's wait until next year to make a proper evaluation.
Volcano
RealGM
Posts: 11,801
And1: 2,222
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Top

Post#518 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 am by suntzuballin

isyed wrote:At this point i would look at anything out there that we can get. Something more useful or someone who is having a down year. Some players i might target:

SAC - Tyreke Evans - He has had a bad year there as well but i think a move would be nice for him. Same position as Derozan but we need to get as much talent as possible. We can figure the rest out later.

BOS - Jeff Green - Boston needs some production from their bigs when KG goes. They still have a small window. With Rondo defending the point and PP and KG providing the assists and leadership Bargs should be able to play well here.

OKC - Perkins - I know OKC might be trying to save some money but with Harden gone they need some talent. They hardly get any scoring from their bigs. Ibaka can go back to defending while Bargs stretches the D out. Perkins is on a shorter contract and can start while JV develops. He gives us toughness and grit.

NYC - Stoudamire- I know he is Injury prone and a bit selfish plus no defence but he does have talent. His contract is on for 2 more years. We could send back Fields and Bargs for Stoudamire which gives us good scoring from the PF position. Lowry, Derozan and Amare are a good place to start. Val can play at his spot at the 5. Amare also bring some toughness. As much as i dislike him and agree he is a bit cuckoo he does bring and edge and solid talent to our team. With no other dominent scorer like melo he might even thrive. Plus its 2 more years after this year so its not a major long term commitment. We also get rid of Field's contract. This is if New York believes that Melo and Amare cannot coexist and they need some decent talent/role players coming back.

CHI - Boozer - Chicago is not going anywhere this year. Rose will not be back till Feb or Mar. They will probably go for a top 10 pick and Bargs would add some solid talent which they could use as a stretch 4 and secondary scorer. Plus Noah works well to back him up.

CHA - Gordon - We save a year and also bring back some much needed bench scoring. A legit scorer on the bench. Bobcats add more talent which might develop. Kidd-Gilchrist is a solid SF alogn with Biyombo to play with Bargs upfront.

DET - Villnaueva - Highly doubt BC would bring Charlie back for Bargs of all people but if Will Bynum is also thrown in we save some money and Charlie comes back to his rookie team. he provides some legit flexibility and a change of scenery might do him well. Again a PF but atleast he can defend.

WIZ - Okafor - Give me some toughness upfront. We save some money and Bargs goes to play with Nene. Okafor can start while Val learns.

DEN - Chandler - He is not getting any time. He should be able to start and get major minutes with us. Bargs gives them some solid bench scoring and a stretch 4.


if celtics cool with that i diffently do that,the knicks trade is interesting cause raps getting rid of fields contract,bulls too but how long is boozer contract?,the piston one maybe they throw in prince some how maybe calderon :)
suntzuballin

Analyst
Posts: 3,625
And1: 551
Joined: Feb 7, 2011
Top

Post#519 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 am by hillbilly hare

isyed wrote:At this point i would look at anything out there that we can get. Something more useful or someone who is having a down year. Some players i might target:

SAC - Tyreke Evans - He has had a bad year there as well but i think a move would be nice for him. Same position as Derozan but we need to get as much talent as possible. We can figure the rest out later.

BOS - Jeff Green - Boston needs some production from their bigs when KG goes. They still have a small window. With Rondo defending the point and PP and KG providing the assists and leadership Bargs should be able to play well here.

OKC - Perkins - I know OKC might be trying to save some money but with Harden gone they need some talent. They hardly get any scoring from their bigs. Ibaka can go back to defending while Bargs stretches the D out. Perkins is on a shorter contract and can start while JV develops. He gives us toughness and grit.

NYC - Stoudamire- I know he is Injury prone and a bit selfish plus no defence but he does have talent. His contract is on for 2 more years. We could send back Fields and Bargs for Stoudamire which gives us good scoring from the PF position. Lowry, Derozan and Amare are a good place to start. Val can play at his spot at the 5. Amare also bring some toughness. As much as i dislike him and agree he is a bit cuckoo he does bring and edge and solid talent to our team. With no other dominent scorer like melo he might even thrive. Plus its 2 more years after this year so its not a major long term commitment. We also get rid of Field's contract. This is if New York believes that Melo and Amare cannot coexist and they need some decent talent/role players coming back.

CHI - Boozer - Chicago is not going anywhere this year. Rose will not be back till Feb or Mar. They will probably go for a top 10 pick and Bargs would add some solid talent which they could use as a stretch 4 and secondary scorer. Plus Noah works well to back him up.

CHA - Gordon - We save a year and also bring back some much needed bench scoring. A legit scorer on the bench. Bobcats add more talent which might develop. Kidd-Gilchrist is a solid SF alogn with Biyombo to play with Bargs upfront.

DET - Villnaueva - Highly doubt BC would bring Charlie back for Bargs of all people but if Will Bynum is also thrown in we save some money and Charlie comes back to his rookie team. he provides some legit flexibility and a change of scenery might do him well. Again a PF but atleast he can defend.

WIZ - Okafor - Give me some toughness upfront. We save some money and Bargs goes to play with Nene. Okafor can start while Val learns.

DEN - Chandler - He is not getting any time. He should be able to start and get major minutes with us. Bargs gives them some solid bench scoring and a stretch 4.


Of those, the best deal by far would be Perkins, in my opinion. We are running the risk of putting too much pressure on Jonas and force-feeding him into the league, where he's going to get man-handled and always be in foul trouble, and he could very well start picking up some bad habits. Perkins's toughness would be a good example for the team as a whole, while letting Jonas learn a bit and come off the bench, maybe play 20-22 mpg.

I don't think OKC does the deal, as they recognized that their weak point was center. If they think Ibaka can play some center they might (small probability) consider Andrea + Gray for Perkins and some bad contract.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,516
And1: 197
Joined: Jan 29, 2011
Top

Post#520 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 am by Scase

There is no way we trade with OKC without getting our pick back. It's pointless, perkins would only serve to arguably make us worse thus ensuring their/our pick to benefit them. Entirely one sided without that pick.
Image
Props TZ!
(1 of 10)
Scase




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,593
And1: 1,455
Joined: Feb 2, 2009
Location: Ottawa by way of MTL
Top

Post#521 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 am by Ukulele

Anyone who comes in place of Bargnani will be an incredible upgrade. I really hope that Bargnani will continue to suck, so we can amnesty him then we finally go to playoffs and then maybe he will realize how much he suck! :) I will follow the Raptors just for this!! :)
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Ukulele
Freshman
User avatar
Posts: 90
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Top

Post#522 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:43 am by Edumacated

If we lose by more than 10 points against the Magic, I hope BC will make a trade involving Bargs the next day.
Edumacated
Junior
Posts: 416
And1: 133
Joined: Dec 11, 2011
Top

Post#523 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 am by yodamaster

Edumacated wrote:If we lose by more than 10 points against the Magic, I hope BC will make a trade involving Bargs the next day.


nah man, I want bargnani not playing the game against Magic because he was traded prior to the tip-off.

:D
yodamaster
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 349
And1: 21
Joined: Feb 13, 2009
Top

Post#524 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 am by AfricanSensation

We need to keep an eye on the Nuggets!
They are not doing as well as expected, Gallo is struggling, Wilson Chandler is barely playing etc.
Plus Masai Ujiri owe us one for the opportunity we gave him lol
I say stalk him, beg if you need but a Bargs and Ross for Gallo would be nice.

Lowry-Demar-Gallo-Amir-Val

Gallo would provide the supposed scoring that we would miss without Bargs and can at least guard his own position.

As for the Nuggets they could use a young SG like Ross after losing Afflalo. Plus I don't see better guys to cover for Bargs rebounding troubles than Faried, Iggy, McGee etc.

Anyway at this point we may even settle for Bargs for Chandler straight up
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,202
And1: 160
Joined: Aug 4, 2004
Top

Post#525 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:08 am by Choker

I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.
Image
Vincent_Askew wrote:Adams, Ibaka, McGary frontcourt makes me want to jump off a cliff a** first and onto a dildo with excitement.
Choker

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 36,211
And1: 9,051
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: Long Beach, California
Top

Post#526 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:12 am by Ukulele

AfricanSensation wrote:We need to keep an eye on the Nuggets!
They are not doing as well as expected, Gallo is struggling, Wilson Chandler is barely playing etc.
Plus Masai Ujiri owe us one for the opportunity we gave him lol
I say stalk him, beg if you need but a Bargs and Ross for Gallo would be nice.

Lowry-Demar-Gallo-Amir-Val

Gallo would provide the supposed scoring that we would miss without Bargs and can at least guard his own position.

As for the Nuggets they could use a young SG like Ross after losing Afflalo. Plus I don't see better guys to cover for Bargs rebounding troubles than Faried, Iggy, McGee etc.

Anyway at this point we may even settle for Bargs for Chandler straight up


You are dreaming too much! There's no way that Denver takes Bargnani...no one actually would!
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Ukulele
Freshman
User avatar
Posts: 90
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Top

Post#527 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 am by Peezy

Bargnani to OKC for our pick back... then its like we traded forbes and bargnani for lowry. DONE DEAL !
Peezy
Senior
Posts: 525
And1: 23
Joined: Jul 6, 2011
Top

Post#528 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 am by Peezy

WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.
Peezy
Senior
Posts: 525
And1: 23
Joined: Jul 6, 2011
Top

Post#529 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 am by Ukulele

Peezy wrote:WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.

:lol: The Italians want him away from Toronto for 7 years! :lol:
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Ukulele
Freshman
User avatar
Posts: 90
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Top

Post#530 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 am by yodamaster

Peezy wrote:WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.


primo pasta lovers.
yodamaster
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 349
And1: 21
Joined: Feb 13, 2009
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amirfan4eva, crapfan, Hijinks, joediamond, Jonn, Qasim311