yardbarker

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Alfred, FluLikeSymptoms, Rhettmatic, itbobby007, Undefeated, DG88, Morris_Shatford

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes : 362

Post#526 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:12 am by Ukulele

AfricanSensation wrote:We need to keep an eye on the Nuggets!
They are not doing as well as expected, Gallo is struggling, Wilson Chandler is barely playing etc.
Plus Masai Ujiri owe us one for the opportunity we gave him lol
I say stalk him, beg if you need but a Bargs and Ross for Gallo would be nice.

Lowry-Demar-Gallo-Amir-Val

Gallo would provide the supposed scoring that we would miss without Bargs and can at least guard his own position.

As for the Nuggets they could use a young SG like Ross after losing Afflalo. Plus I don't see better guys to cover for Bargs rebounding troubles than Faried, Iggy, McGee etc.

Anyway at this point we may even settle for Bargs for Chandler straight up

You are dreaming too much! There's no way that Denver takes Bargnani...no one actually would!
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Ukulele
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#527 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 am by Peezy

Bargnani to OKC for our pick back... then its like we traded forbes and bargnani for lowry. DONE DEAL !
Peezy
Senior
And1: 23

Post#528 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 am by Peezy

WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.
Peezy
Senior
And1: 23

Post#529 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 am by Ukulele

Peezy wrote:WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.

:lol: The Italians want him away from Toronto for 7 years! :lol:
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Ukulele
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#530 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 am by yodamaster

Peezy wrote:WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.

primo pasta lovers.
yodamaster

Junior
And1: 184

Post#531 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 am by hillbilly hare

Choker wrote:I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.

Exactly. Plus as I said, I think Perkins helps us another way, i.e. not having to push Jonas to the point where he might pick up bad habits, take a beating psychologically, etc.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 202

Post#532 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:05 am by Haisan

Of the 91 players in the NBA who are 6'8" or taller and who play more than 20 minutes a game, Bargnani is:
- 84th in Total Rebounding Percentage
- 86th in FG%
- 81st in eFG%
- 68th in block%
- 77th in ORat
- 87th in DRat
Haisan
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#533 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 am by Swervin81

Realistically, if we are going to trade Bargnani alone we would need to be getting back an albatross contract... and then HOPEFULLY swindle the other team to give us SOMETHING additional of value.

Charlotte Bobcats: DeSagana Diop @ $7.5M (expiring) + Top-10 Protected 1st (which might take us a while to get it)
Detroit Pistons: Charlie Villanueva @ $8M (+player option) + Austin Daye @ 3M + 2nd round pick

...things like that. At least that's my opinion.

BEST. SIGPIC. EVER.
Swervin81

Junior
And1: 138

Post#534 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 am by NBJ13

Hero wrote:So I'm reading the TSN article and I find this...

"We can't afford to play such bad defence -- especially against this type of team," Bargnani said. "One day we play good defence and then there are games like today where we play very bad defence, so I can't say it's getting better. We have to focus more and give a better effort."

Unbelievable.

lol He's been using that speech to practice his english since he got here.

... his english has become quite good
NBJ13
Sixth Man
And1: 961

Post#535 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 pm by martypython

I voted no because his value is at an all time low, we're likely going to get something even worse in return. If his value is higher, and some GM wants him, I will pull the trigger.
martypython

Bench Warmer
And1: 234

Post#536 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 pm by kirkwood

Wait until his offensive game returns to form them move him, like marty says above, now is not the time.
kirkwood
Senior
And1: 102

Post#537 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:15 pm by Too Late Crew

kirkwood wrote:Wait until his offensive game returns to form them move him, like marty says above, now is not the time.

We've had this argumen before. He's played 100s of games and thousands of minutes. He's played 6 seasons before this one. Are NBA GMs really that stupid that if he has a few good scoring games that they will discount what they already KNOW him to be from all that past data?

We know what his norm is. Unless he's injured he'll eventually revert to the norm. A couple good games after several bad won't change what that norm is. That norm is the value other GMs place on him. they are not all stupid.
It wasn’t the ongoing incompetence that destroyed my passion for this team, it was the tolerance for that incompetence.
-Scott Carefoot on the Raptors
Too Late Crew
Lead Assistant
And1: 91

Post#538 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:40 pm by why22

The sight of Andrea on the floor angers me. He looks like a walking cadaver out there
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#539 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm by C.Boshly

Choker wrote:I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.

Why would OKC be open to trading Perkins when it seems inevitable that they meet up with Howard's Lakers in the playoffs?

I could see it happening before but I think they give Perk at least one more year with the team and see what happens VS. the Lakers.
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#540 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 pm by Young_Buc

would LOVE perk and our pick back. Ideal.
Young_Buc

Lead Assistant
And1: 2,503

Post#541 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm by ThatClockWork

Young_Buc wrote:would LOVE perk and our pick back. Ideal.

This!
#WeThe6
Sig c/o raptors3
NorthernNemesis wrote:Give it to Derozan or Jonas. Lowry trys to do too much in last second situations.
ThatClockWork

Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#542 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 pm by TheGoodDoctor

C.Boshly wrote:

Why would OKC be open to trading Perkins when it seems inevitable that they meet up with Howard's Lakers in the playoffs?

I could see it happening before but I think they give Perk at least one more year with the team and see what happens VS. the Lakers.

Exactly why I don't see it happening.

...but of course I would love if it did....maybe add Gray?!
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ HOLD UP, HOLD UP-------#WETHENORTH.
TheGoodDoctor

Head Coach
And1: 4,199

Post#543 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 pm by SaveTheHens

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
C.Boshly wrote:

Exactly why I don't see it happening.

They have Ibaka and Thabeet. I think that would be a good trade for both teams.
SaveTheHens
Sixth Man
And1: 553

Post#544 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm by kwamebargnani

TheGoodDoctor wrote:Exactly why I don't see it happening.

HAHAHAHA yeah, Gray is gonna change everything.
kwamebargnani

General Manager
And1: 967

Post#545 Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargn
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 pm by lander

Hero wrote:So I'm reading the TSN article and I find this...

"We can't afford to play such bad defence -- especially against this type of team," Bargnani said. "One day we play good defence and then there are games like today where we play very bad defence, so I can't say it's getting better. We have to focus more and give a better effort."

Unbelievable.

:rofl:
lander
Veteran
And1: 738

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors