ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Remember, that's a seven footer out there.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rexx
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: PG: Remember, that's a seven footer out there. 

Post#201 » by Rexx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:07 am

he has alot of room for improvement. although i find our guards take to long to get him the ball in the post. They got to get him the ball earlier
rfan
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#202 » by rfan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 am

People blaming Val for bad defense, WTH, Bargs is 3x more useless on defense.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#203 » by Courtside » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:19 pm

I saw only the second half and was disappointed with Bargnani's shot selection in the 3rd. He sat a little earlier than usual and I was OK with that, but they really did need him out there in the 4th. He wasn't scoring or rebounding much, but he was the defensive guy who took over from Jonas, Amir and Davis who were more or less getting scored on without difficulty. It was a role reversal of sorts, where the other guys were providing the scoring (with Jose setting them up remarkably well) and Andrea was finding a different way to contribute. He played very good defense in the 4th and made up for his piss-poor offensive night, IMO.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#204 » by Indeed » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Courtside wrote:I saw only the second half and was disappointed with Bargnani's shot selection in the 3rd. He sat a little earlier than usual and I was OK with that, but they really did need him out there in the 4th. He wasn't scoring or rebounding much, but he was the defensive guy who took over from Jonas, Amir and Davis who were more or less getting scored on without difficulty. It was a role reversal of sorts, where the other guys were providing the scoring (with Jose setting them up remarkably well) and Andrea was finding a different way to contribute. He played very good defense in the 4th and made up for his piss-poor offensive night, IMO.

I said it a few times, Bargnani and Casey need to look at those shots. I am assuming Casey wants Bargnani to shoot more, since no one outside of him and Lowry can create, but that is hurting Bargnani. Meanwhile Bargnani himself should stop taking those horrible shots. He should pass the ball and create ball movement, look for cutters, and wait for off ball picks.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#205 » by Gold Chain » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm

This thread title would cause either laughs or bruises if said at a crowded urinal row.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#206 » by ansoncarter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:45 pm

D-BE-LAW wrote:This fanbase hypes valanciunas, a best a decent centre, into a beast. LOL.

even Dwayne Casey sort of did. Said worst case with boy val is you get a Joakim Noah.

(I'm sure he just meant you get a guy who hustles and plays some defence but that was pretty insulting to Noah, a player I think Casey would be pretty happy if Val was lucky enough to end up as good as)

Return to Toronto Raptors