yardbarker

Toronto Raptors Draft Rights Retained

Name Height Weight Draft Status Nationality
Tomislav Zubcic 6-10 210 2012 Rnd 2 Pick 26 Croatia
DeeAndre Hulett 6-8 215 2000 Rnd 2 Pick 17 United States

See all Toronto Raptors draft rights retained players

Derozan- Sell High?

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Alfred, Morris_Shatford

Post#61 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:51 pm by PHANTOMPHOENIX

So we finally have a good young backcourt, and you want to break it up?
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#62 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm by Metallikid

Reke didn't get an extension and since he's had down years since his ROY 20/5/5, he can be had on the FA market for a better contract than DD I think. I'd love to see us bring him in to play SF; a good distributor, good scorer, not completely **** defensively. He'd really give us a boost.

I would go **** if MLSE let BC pull an AA kind of offseason and go get Evans/Smith/(Millsap/Al Jeff)

Of course you get Reke and a Utah forward first to convince Smoove to come to White Vegas.

Lowry/DeRozan/Smith/Utah Big/Bargnani
Calderon (re-signed to smaller contract)/Evans/Kleiza/Amir/JV
Metallikid
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#63 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm by Dennis 37

Derozen is exactly the type of player we want to keep. One with flaws. Whenever we have had players with zero to just a few flaws in their game, they left us. We need to build a core that will stay long term. Derozen is the type of player we have the chance of keeping.
Dennis 37
Sixth Man
And1: 425

Post#64 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm by Oakville_Raptor

two5 wrote:I like the kid, think he has the best work ethic ever for a Raptor and will be an all star. I see him becoming a good player. But I don't think he has that that "it" factor or mentality of a star player. We already have another SG on the roster, Ross. I think we should look for a deal for a guy like Tyreke Evans, who I think has the talent to be a great player in the league, provides us with a guard who can break down the D and take over games late in the fourth. A guy like Casey can whip him up into shape.

I'm extremely confused by this post. You want to trade him when you think he'll be an All-Star? To boot you want to trade him for an underachieving Tyreke Evans who has an attitude problem? My minds blown.
Oakville_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 386

Post#65 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 pm by kasrahimi

I wanted to rip the OP for the ridiculousness of his post but you guys have done a marvellous job. Made me feel better. Kudos.
kasrahimi
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#66 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:43 pm by CreaM

OP is trolling.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,152

Post#67 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:12 pm by Bankai

Dennis 37 wrote:Derozen is exactly the type of player we want to keep. One with flaws. Whenever we have had players with zero to just a few flaws in their game, they left us. We need to build a core that will stay long term. Derozen is the type of player we have the chance of keeping.

When you put it that way, it doesent sound too convincing.. :-?
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 1,747

Post#68 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm by Strategist1

did you know? :wink:

Through 10 games so far this season-
DD is averaging 4.9 rpg
Bargs is averaging 4.3 rpg

We cannot sell high man. This could be the 1st season ever where a pg and sg outrebound a starting frontcourt player.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 100

Post#69 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 pm by RedX

Yes, let's trade our biggest surprise this season, the guy whose improved every year in the league and is having a break out year.

Ummmm, no.
RedX

Starter
And1: 513

Post#70 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:42 pm by HomieOmey

Just out of curiosity... would trading for Afflalo be considered "selling high" or would it be more of a lateral move (while giving up the guy who arguably has more potential as a scorer)?

The two are having pretty identical seasons right now with Afflalo being the better shooter and defender.
HomieOmey
Lead Assistant
And1: 18

Post#71 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm by Young_Buc

HomieOmey wrote:Just out of curiosity... would trading for Afflalo be considered "selling high" or would it be more of a lateral move (while giving up the guy who arguably has more potential as a scorer)?

The two are having pretty identical seasons right now with Afflalo being the better shooter and defender.

Afflalos pretty much topped out. Good role player, 27 years old.

Probably at equal value or slightly less than DeRozan right now if they were both the same age.

DeRozan being 23 with room to grow into a 20 plus 6 rebound player trumps him though

The hero we deserve.
Young_Buc

Assistant Coach
And1: 795

Post#72 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am by Archerbro

dTox wrote:I stopped at Tyreke Evans
qotsa wrote:
witnessraps wrote:
qotsa wrote:Joe johnson is 10x the basketball player dirk nowitzki is and dwill is proof. Those of you saying get rid of JJ are mental.

wait what?joke?

Ok then you explain to me why dwill would chose jj over dirk if its such a joke....

^on why JJ>Dirk :lol:
Archerbro
Assistant Coach
And1: 134

Post#73 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am by lander

two5- Sell Low?
lander
Starter
And1: 169

Post#74 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 am by OhMyBosh

Absolutely sell high.

I don't know how anyone wouldn't. Just a couple weeks ago, people were fine with letting DeMar walk if it meant we had to pay him slightly more than market value. Now he had a good couple of games and he became untouchable. Ridiculous.
OhMyBosh
Assistant Coach
And1: 302

Post#75 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 am by StatLine

DeMar > Tyreke
StatLine

Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#76 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 am by bape_lovers

gtfo....

Credit to @ated
bape_lovers

General Manager
And1: 1,692

Post#77 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:29 am by FTW

Reignman wrote:Lol, we have 23 year old SG putting up 20/6/3 with a 19 PER and you want to trade him? Only on the Raps board.

/thread
YogiStewart wrote:no IKEA bed can take 7 years of sexytimes. don't think it could even take 7 years of handytimes.
FTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#78 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 am by J-Roc

Might as well throw it in here. I was listing to the radio feed yesterday, Smith and Jones. After a couple of DeMar turnovers, Paul Jones piped up and said that DeMar has this nasty habit of catching the ball with one hand instead of two. You can tell he wasn't just referring to the plays that just happened, but something recurring with DeMar. He even went on to say that it's not something you can teach DeMar anymore...catching the ball with two hands. It's something you teach kids. Anyway, it's not something I noticed before, but now we can keep an eye out for it.
J-Roc

RealGM
And1: 1,979

Post#79 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am by FTW

Strategist1 wrote:did you know? :wink:

Through 10 games so far this season-
DD is averaging 4.9 rpg
Bargs is averaging 4.3 rpg

We cannot sell high man. This could be the 1st season ever where a pg and sg outrebound a starting frontcourt player.

You raise a very interesting point. Would that be the case? Has a starting PG or SG ever outrebounded a starting PF or C in the history of the NBA? What about both PG and SG doing it?

That would be deliciously epic.
YogiStewart wrote:no IKEA bed can take 7 years of sexytimes. don't think it could even take 7 years of handytimes.
FTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#80 Re: Derozan- Sell High?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 am by Ari_Emanuel

I think the op's post (idea) was brilliant and has validity but my answer is no. We've never had a player with Demar's physical attributes work so hard before. Granted, he doesn't have the natural abilities of say a Vince Carter, but that's why he's only getting paid 9 - 10 milli instead of double that. What Demar is beginnign to bring to the table versus what we are paying him offers a lot of possibilities to improve our roster. Imagine how far he can progress in just another three years?

You know what the difference between say a Hibbert and Derozan is? They both were high upside prospects who were really raw coming out of college but possess great physical attributes for their positions. Both are reputed to be hard workers. Only one of them actually believes he can be great though, and that man is Demar. That's why Demar will continue to work harder than everyone else and that is also why Hibbert will eventually flat line, or decline.
Ari_Emanuel
Starter
And1: 757

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors