ImageImageImageImageImage

#Tradebargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Re: #Tradebargnani 

Post#121 » by Volcano » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm

andrej perboski wrote:A lot of answers

a) i know, Andrea had the worst start in the last seasons, first 10 games are bad offensively
And first 6-7 defensively too
In the last 7 he defended well, and played good in 3 hearthbreaker loss
He can win that games but somebody decide to go in hero mode

b) In THIS team he must be the first option , And plz don't tell me AMir or ED must start, they are mediocre as starters

c) in a championship team? Damn, that idiot told last week "I will not ask for a trade next season" so this is a dream (toronto will be never a contender)
Looking at another team (Lakers IE) he can be the second scorer because he fit in D'Antoni's system
Can be a 6h man with the Heat or OKC, can be a starter with Boston or Bulls. Some doubts about NY or Nets
But this is just my opinion

A) Bargnani defending well doesn't have a huge impact on the game though. When we see him defend well, it's good defense in terms of what HE can do. The problem is he doesn't always defend well and that's when he becomes a liability.

Consistency, effort and intangibles are the biggest issues with Bargnani.

Consistency: At best he's a #3 guy and at worst he's non-rosterable. If he plays bad a few times a year that's fine, but it's not fine if he does it over month(s) at a time.

Effort: This goes along with consistency. Even when Bargs tries his best, he's not always capable of playing well. Now factor in that he doesn't give his best effort every game and we have an even bigger problem.

Intangibles: Hustle, help D, court awareness, communication, setting screens, fighting for position, rotations. These are all things Bargnani is VERY weak in. If he's not providing above average scoring for us..he's usually hurting us.

B) Bargnani can't even produce that well as a 3rd option..how is he going to do it as a first option? Nevermind that he's not even a playmaker, we can't run our offense through him. Right now, Lowry is our first option..he's MUCH more efficient and a much better playmaker. He's currently playing at a higher efficiency than any other season that Bargnani's ever had. So there's no way Bargnani should be a first option.

Ed and Amir are role players. Sometimes Bargnani plays worse than a role player and sometimes he plays better.

C) The whole point is to win a championship. Saying Toronto will never be a contender just shows that you're not a Raptors fan. We look bad because our management sticks to one-way players like Bargnani.

While our management is weak at the moment, that doesn't mean it will always stay the same. The big picture is to find a core that is capable of contending eventually. It doesn't seem like Bargnani's talent can really fit into a contending core.
andrej perboski
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#122 » by andrej perboski » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm

RomaniaLuvTR wrote:
andrej perboski wrote:
Volcano wrote:
can you give your reasoning on why Bargnani is so great and where you see his role on this team? Is he a 6th man or a #1 option? How would he fit in on a championship team?

A lot of answers

a) i know, Andrea had the worst start in the last seasons, first 10 games are bad offensively
And first 6-7 defensively too
In the last 7 he defended well, and played good in 3 hearthbreaker loss
He can win that games but somebody decide to go in hero mode

b) In THIS team he must be the first option , And plz don't tell me AMir or ED must start, they are mediocre as starters

c) in a championship team? Damn, that idiot told last week "I will not ask for a trade next season" so this is a dream (toronto will be never a contender)
Looking at another team (Lakers IE) he can be the second scorer because he fit in D'Antoni's system
Can be a 6h man with the Heat or OKC, can be a starter with Boston or Bulls. Some doubts about NY or Nets
But this is just my opinion

dude don`t bother defending Bargs in here, this board has completely lost it and it won`t stop untiil he`s gone with BC..can`t wait to see Ed Stefanski as our GM...

I know :D
This fanbase is terrific
Just 2 days ago a lot of forumers didn't know if a FT-shooters can jump or not
This is the level, i know
Just Win Baby
Senior
And1: 75

Post#123 » by Just Win Baby » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm

I have yet to see any good trade ideas on this board.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#124 » by Reignman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Lets not kid ourselves here, Bargnani isn't winning us any games with his defense (and definitely not rebounding). When some people say he had a good defensive game they talk about his defense compared to his other games. Compared to the league, he plays good defense in 10% of the games.

So for him to be a valuable contributor it has to come with his offense and since he needs to offset his weak D, he needs to be putting up 23+ points at greater than .580 TS%, otherwise he's never going to help this team win.

Now the question is can Bargs put up those kinds of numbers with very good efficiency? If he keeps chucking like he's doing this season he won't come close. If he starts attacking the defense and posting up while mixing in his jumper then it's possible; however, he's never put up those numbers and he clearly doesn't look interested in doing the things needed to get those numbers.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#125 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Reignman wrote:
So for him to be a valuable contributor it has to come with his offense and since he needs to offset his weak D, he needs to be putting up 23+ points at greater than .580 TS%, otherwise he's never going to help this team win.

That's never going to happen. I'll take 23 ppg on lower TS% though, and I think it's attainable. But again, we're talking about an inconsistent, streaky, semi 20 ppg scorer that has been given the green light the past 3 years to chuck away Mike James style (even he was better at it). Definitely not elite, despite what guys like Casey/Colangelo and other Bargs fanboys would believe.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Vinsane15
Veteran
And1: 21

Post#126 » by Vinsane15 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Bargs to OKC for Kendrick Perkins....kind of like the Camby for Oak trade in '98(disappointing player with potential for tough experienced defensive player). Of course, we have something to gain but a lot to lose in this(i.e Bargs becomes motivated, magically transforms into a star PF).

Bargs value is low right now, so well have to chill...
V][/V§@Ñ!TÝ
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#127 » by V][/V§@Ñ!TÝ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Tweet Directly to https://twitter.com/bryan_colangelo who will be Tweeting based on RealGM :)
Collection of the best Toronto Raptor Tweets!
Including tweetsfrom Smith, Grange, Raptor Bloggers and other media outlets, derozan/weems/amir....Fresh! - updated real time!
dho4ever
Rookie
And1: 760

Post#128 » by dho4ever » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm

With the way that Bargs is playing, why would any team want to make a trade for him?

Bargs for Perkins? The only reason that OKC would do that is to be able to start Collison, put Bargs on the bench. And Bargs probably rots there. Perkins is wayy more servicable to OKC than Bargs.

Raptors Acquire
• Derrick Williams
• Chase Budinger
• J.J. Barea
• Chris Duhon
• Earl Clark

Lakers Acquire
• Jose Calderon

Minnesota Acquires
• Andrea Bargnani
• Steve Blake

Why would minnesota want to give up Budinger and Barea for virtually nothing?
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#129 » by Nono » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Raptor fans, you are fooling yourselves if you think any team would want Bargnani's contract. Maybe when he becomes an expiring you'll be able to move him but right now it would be impossible. He is a bad player on high wages. No team would want to trade assets to acquire such player.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,265

Post#130 » by Scase » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 pm

dho4ever wrote:With the way that Bargs is playing, why would any team want to make a trade for him?

Bargs for Perkins? The only reason that OKC would do that is to be able to start Collison, put Bargs on the bench. And Bargs probably rots there. Perkins is wayy more servicable to OKC than Bargs.

Raptors Acquire
• Derrick Williams
• Chase Budinger
• J.J. Barea
• Chris Duhon
• Earl Clark

Lakers Acquire
• Jose Calderon

Minnesota Acquires
• Andrea Bargnani
• Steve Blake

Why would minnesota want to give up Budinger and Barea for virtually nothing?

Not to mention, wouldn't that give us an 18 man roster?
Props TZ!
Sally_Field
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#131 » by Sally_Field » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:32 am

This thread needs to be bumped.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#132 » by Dr Octagon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 am

Sally_Field wrote:This thread needs to be bumped.

Maybe so.

Fanbase needs to focus on the ultimate goal. #FireBC has to trend.
BryceMaxJames
Bench Warmer
And1: 382

Post#133 » by BryceMaxJames » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 am

V][/V§@Ñ!TÝ wrote:Tweet Directly to https://twitter.com/bryan_colangelo who will be Tweeting based on RealGM :)

make this a thread so people know
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#134 » by KnickerBonkerz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 am

andrej perboski wrote:

I know :D
This fanbase is terrific
Just 2 days ago a lot of forumers didn't know if a FT-shooters can jump or not
This is the level, i know

Lol that was one guy who made a thread about that, where everyone corrected him. You're reaching bro

Return to Toronto Raptors