ImageImageImageImageImage

#Tradebargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Re: #Tradebargnani 

Post#61 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am

Phenomenologist wrote:
Seriously, grizzled, we know it's you.

who the hell is grizzled? and why are you calling me him/her?
Frithjof
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Frithjof » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am

Not sure if this has been posted but Bargnani made Grantland's NBA's All-Chuckers squad:

Andrea Bargnani

Bargnani may have surpassed Boozer in the unpopularity contest. He's shooting 37 percent, his free throws have dropped off, and he has somehow regressed on the boards and as a help defender. The cries to dump Bargnani get louder with each late-game Toronto collapse, the latest of which featured Jrue Holiday blowing by Bargnani on a switch and hitting Jason Richardson for a clutch 3.

But the Raptors scored at a bottom-three rate without Bargnani last season, and a big man with legit 3-point range that can be deployed at high volumes is enormously valuable simply for floor spacing.

Which brings us back to context and defense. Bargnani's a liability on the latter front, outside of some decent one-on-one post defense, and the context is changing in Toronto. Kyle Lowry is a borderline All-Star who can penetrate the defense, and DeMar DeRozan, flashing an improved post game, can at least tread water as a no. 1 option in Lowry's injury-related absence. Jonas Valanciunas will get better down low. Bargnani's contract is amnesty-eligible, and he has two years left after this one at a relatively affordable price.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/865 ... kers-squad
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#63 » by Alfred » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am

Snooch wrote:
Alfred wrote:
Snooch wrote:trade wise.

bc usually makes pretty decent trades, at least for the short term.

but definately outbids himself for player services.

What would you say was a good Bryan Colangelo trade?

Hedo for barbosa.

Hump for garbage

Gwetting JJ

Getting Lowry

Geting Peja(expiring and Bayless)

getting weems and amir

i wqas pretty happy with the wright trade at the time

was happy getting bellinelli

getting evans

of course there was some serious stinkers in there too, but if could move Hedo he can move \bargnani, Jose etc.

Out of those players you mentioned, only Amir and Lowry remain. Amir is a bench player, and Lowry cost us our draft pick (likely this year's draft pick) which will almost certainly be a top 10 pick.
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#64 » by cage » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am

grizzled.. i forgot all about that bargs-obssessed poster. why do they always say we're the laughing stock whenever bargnani gets hated on? news flash, everyone else **** hates bargnani. it isn't just raptors fans who don't want him. and NYK fans never turn on their own players? come on
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,541

Post#65 » by DG88 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 am

Our go to guy has scored 247 points on 236 shots that's horrible
Snooch
Banned User

Post#66 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 am

cage wrote:grizzled.. i forgot all about that bargs-obssessed poster. why do they always say we're the laughing stock whenever bargnani gets hated on? news flash, everyone else **** hates bargnani. it isn't just raptors fans who don't want him. and NYK fans never turn on their own players? come on

Not to the extent of some here.

and why do i constantly get labelled a bargs fan or bargs obbsessed? because i dont follow along with the masses in regards to some of their postings on him.

I never once said he was awesome, I never once said he was efficient, I never once said he was an allstar, I never once said he was great, I never once said he was a great defender, I never once said he was a good rebounder. Never once said he should be a piece to be built around

I have said that sometimes too much emphasis is put on his rebounding numbers, and have said that he is better defender than given credit for, and he does create some spacing on offense, and sometimes isnt used properly because he needs to get engaged in the game(shouldnt need to be coddled but nonetheless while he is here he needs it) the need to get him involved.

Oh and that I still think he is the best(unfortunately) pf on the team. I also post alot of trade possibilities involving him.

So I dont get the bargs fanboy crap. really boggles my mind.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#67 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am

Alfred wrote:trade wise.

bc usually makes pretty decent trades, at least for the short term.

but definately outbids himself for player services.

What would you say was a good Bryan Colangelo trade?[/quote]

Hedo for barbosa.

Hump for garbage

Gwetting JJ

Getting Lowry

Geting Peja(expiring and Bayless)

getting weems and amir

i wqas pretty happy with the wright trade at the time

was happy getting bellinelli

getting evans

of course there was some serious stinkers in there too, but if could move Hedo he can move \bargnani, Jose etc.[/quote]

Out of those players you mentioned, only Amir and Lowry remain. Amir is a bench player, and Lowry cost us our draft pick (likely this year's draft pick) which will almost certainly be a top 10 pick.[/quote]

I know.....but he did get good value initially, bc's biggest problem is he keeps brining in these roleplayers. makes a good trade and follows it with a stupid one. But his last few have been stinkewrs, so the next should be good. lol.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#68 » by Phenomenologist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am

Snooch wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:

Because you write and reason like him. And that's not a compliment.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#69 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 am

Phenomenologist wrote:
Snooch wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:

Because you write and reason like him. And that's not a compliment.

he tried to reason with the masses too?

poor guy must be in the padded room now....
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#70 » by Phenomenologist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 am

cage wrote:grizzled.. i forgot all about that bargs-obssessed poster. why do they always say we're the laughing stock whenever bargnani gets hated on? news flash, everyone else **** hates bargnani. it isn't just raptors fans who don't want him. and NYK fans never turn on their own players? come on

Lol, I can never forget grizzled. Some of the most baffling posts ever made...some of the most baffling english sentences ever constructed, for that matter.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#71 » by Neutral 123 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 am

Snooch wrote:

and why do i constantly get labelled a bargs fan or bargs obbsessed? because i dont follow along with the masses in regards to some of their postings on him.

I never once said he was awesome, I never once said he was efficient, I never once said he was an allstar, I never once said he was great, I never once said he was a great defender, I never once said he was a good rebounder. Never once said he should be a piece to be built around

I have said that sometimes too much emphasis is put on his rebounding numbers, and have said that he is better defender than given credit for, and he does create some spacing on offense, and sometimes isnt used properly because he needs to get engaged in the game(shouldnt need to be coddled but nonetheless while he is here he needs it) the need to get him involved.

Oh and that I still think he is the best(unfortunately) pf on the team. I also post alot of trade possibilities involving him.

Sounds like a guy who should have been traded long ago.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#72 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 am

Phenomenologist wrote:

Lol, I can never forget grizzled. Some of the most baffling posts ever made...some of the most baffling english sentences ever constructed, for that matter.

ones like stating that if at the end of the game, teams are even in amount of rebounds that the raptors still are not at parity?

that essentially raptors need to outrebound their opponents in order to reach that parity?

oh yeah, i brought that back up. :lol:

you are fun to debate with though....helps me kill some time when having a cig.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#73 » by Alfred » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 am

Snooch wrote:I know.....but he did get good value initially, bc's biggest problem is he keeps brining in these roleplayers. makes a good trade and follows it with a stupid one. But his last few have been stinkewrs, so the next should be good. lol.

I would argue that overall, his trades have been bad. He certainly hasn't made any incredible trades, and almost every one has either left us with nothing, or has had some serious downside to them. Even Johnson, who we got for basically nothing, has been overpaid (by Amir's own admission, even).
Snooch
Banned User

Post#74 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
Snooch wrote:

Sounds like a guy who should have been traded long ago.

agree, never once said anything otherwise.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,593

Post#75 » by Ackshun » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 am

Snooch wrote:

Secondly:\
Dont think for one second that players dont talk to others, they dont see this twatter crap etc. I for one want people to think the raps organization and fanbase is great, not so condescending and what have you done for me lately.

LOL you had me at TWATTER CRAP
-InFeRnO-
Rookie
And1: 174

Post#76 » by -InFeRnO- » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 am

speaking of twatter crap, realgm'ers are out in full force tonight.. check calderon's twitter LOL
highness
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#77 » by highness » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 am

-InFeRnO- wrote:speaking of twatter crap, realgm'ers are out in full force tonight.. check calderon's twitter LOL

Jerico Cruz ā€@ASAPGRIZZLYJER

**** u calderon
Retweeted by jose manuel calderon

Karan Narula ā€@_knarulaa

The Raptors always draft Europeans..and even then we draft the **** Europeans that can't play.. @AndreaBargnani @josemcalderon8
Retweeted by jose manuel calderon

LOL
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#78 » by zilby » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:05 am

BCfortheWin wrote:
wtfbosh wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Honestly just trade him for an expiring contract. I'd be down for a Bargnani for JJ Hickson and Shawne Williams trade. POR needs bench scoring

Why would they take on $12 mil worth of salary for a bench player? I'll be surprised if we don't get a Wilson Chandler/Charlie Villanueva type contract back in return for Bargs.

is it possible to amnesty someone in the middle of the season?

Id be up for trading bargs for tyreke evans. That deal is almost 100% doable. Tyreke can come off the bench, and we can only hope his game would be reignited. And the other advantage is the obvious addition by subtraction in the starting lineup. I can see ed davis being very good beside val

Love. Git er the **** done BC
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#79 » by Tacoma » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:36 am

Loso04 wrote:ā€œAndrea is not going to go 2 for 19 very many times this season,ā€ Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after the 111-106 loss. ā€œThe other night [in Detroit] he couldnā€™t miss. Iā€™m going to ride with him come hell or high water.ā€

If this is really what Casey said, then he's absolutely the wrong coach for this team. I can understand if he was referring to Duncan or Garnett or Dirk... but Bargnani?

What has he ever done to deserve this vote of confidence? What happened to holding your players responsible? What happen to earning your playing time? Davis deserves better than this.

Re #Tradebargnani, you guys are targeting a manifestation of the real problem. You need to get at the heart of the matter. Once BC goes, the whole deck of losing cards fall. #FireColangelo should be the call.
gaoj2
Junior
And1: 171

Bargnani has to go! 

Post#80 » by gaoj2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 am

I just watched the Post game interview @ raptors.com.
After watched the Post game interview of Bargnani, I think He has to go. He showed no care to his game and his team. He shoot 2-17 today, and he said what care he do, he shoot it when it's open. NO!! you drive to the basket if you are open. Does he know how to play basketball, even Tim Duncan is 37, he play way better than AB. If that's your best player in your team, I think it's a Big problem. He sucks, he can't play defense, please trade him for nothing!!
Fire BC!!

Return to Toronto Raptors