ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Tank for Andrew Wiggins Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Official Tank for Andrew Wiggins Thread 

Post#361 » by Kabookalu » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I fear half the team would commit suicide under Silas. That's how good at tanking he is.
Read on Twitter
Maple Jordan
Banned User
And1: 164

Post#362 » by Maple Jordan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:22 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
DG88 wrote:Both Wiggins and Parker are generational talent in their own right. Having an opportunity to draft either one would incredible.

Not sure if noted above, but the fact that there are two such talents available means that next year is an excellent one to tank in. In years where there's only one, it's such a low percentage proposition.

C'mon, MLSE. You're still getting decent attendance after years of failure. What's another season? But do it right this time. Bring in Paul Silas. Casey is a terrible tank coach.

Even though Wiggins and Parker are the top 2 players in 2013 the whole class is stacked. I rather have the 9th(Kasey Hill) and 10th(Chris Walker) rated prospects in 2013 class then anyone that will be in next years draft. Another key reason we need to lose our pick to OKC this year, this years draft is garbage.

On a side note, Realgm isn't the only ones comparing Wiggins and Parker check out the front page of ESPN recruiting nation right now.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... ting/index
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#363 » by Neutral 123 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:50 pm

arbsn wrote:
Seems to me that Fredericklove and Undefeated are simply trolling.

At the end of the day its black and white that right now, Wiggins is the consensus #1 in HS. He is also Canadian and a Raptors fan. To say they would pick Jabari over him means they are trying to get a rise out of other people.

Some people love to say things just to create controversy.

Yes!!! Thank you. Right now it's black and white. Why these guys try to insist it isn't makes no sense.
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#364 » by carl_english » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I give this scenario 0.1% chance of happening while BC is on board.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#365 » by Neutral 123 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

DG88 wrote:What you need to understand is that what's written now about a prospect can change just like the wind. Also GM's will value one prospect more than the other. Come draft day which ever team gets the number 1 pick will have a decision to make. Some GM's might value Parker more than Wiggins, others Wiggins over Parker either way they know they'll be getting a great prospect that they personally believe will push their team to new heights. Fredericklove and Undefeated have their opinion that they like Parker and if available would take him. That shouldn't be considered a disrespect to Wiggins or his talent.

The problem is you can't have it both ways. By all means I concede things can change. But right now, there is no expert corroboration with the idea Parker and Wiggins are equals, and equals to the point where you can go either way. You can't say in one posts, that both are generational talents and either would be great to have, and that scouts opinions change like the wind.

Someone is entitled to think the Raps should draft a smurf with the number 1 pick. It's the argument that this is a pick shared by other experts that simply not backed up by facts.

It's ok to like Parker, despite the fact that experts have concerns about his game and view him as a 2-6 pick. But I'll start to believe that (maybe), when those of note, actually believe they are comparable prospects.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#366 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm surprised Bennett doesn't have a bit more hype. Check out this video if you haven't seen it. Pretty orgasmic stuff. Really looks like Canadian Larry Johnson or poor man's Barkley. Amazing combination of strength, explosiveness, and the skill/feel of a perimeter player. Obviously being 6'10 instead of 6'7 would help but I believe his size and power and length will allow him to finish decently, plus a low center of gravity + huge a** could help his potential in the post and on the glass. The fact that he's having an uber rare college season statistically (33 PER+ as a freshman) is also an excellent sign

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5w2T6yqPRk[/youtube]
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#367 » by fredericklove » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
arbsn wrote:
Seems to me that Fredericklove and Undefeated are simply trolling.

At the end of the day its black and white that right now, Wiggins is the consensus #1 in HS. He is also Canadian and a Raptors fan. To say they would pick Jabari over him means they are trying to get a rise out of other people.

Some people love to say things just to create controversy.

Yes!!! Thank you. Right now it's black and white. Why these guys try to insist it isn't makes no sense.

Both of you don't understand the story behind the ranking, when someone who knows why they are ranked this way, and shows you why, you refuse to listen, that's what doesn't make sense.
fredericklove
Banned User

Post#368 » by fredericklove » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:08 am

Neutral 123 wrote:The problem is you can't have it both ways. By all means I concede things can change. But right now, there is no expert corroboration with the idea Parker and Wiggins are equals, and equals to the point where you can go either way. You can't say in one posts, that both are generational talents and either would be great to have, and that scouts opinions change like the wind.

Someone is entitled to think the Raps should draft a smurf with the number 1 pick. It's the argument that this is a pick shared by other experts that simply not backed up by facts.

It's ok to like Parker, despite the fact that experts have concerns about his game and view him as a 2-6 pick. But I'll start to believe that (maybe), when those of note, actually believe they are comparable prospects.

Both prospects being compared, that's the most legit evidence of them being equal talent level, why don't you see James Young, Randle, or any other prospects being compared to Wiggins? It's someone who has the talent to rival that of another prospect, that's why all the scouts compare Parker to Wiggins.

Experts have concern of Wiggins' game as well, not just Parker, why are you so stubborn again about the 2-6 when undefeated has proved to you with evidence that there's no 5-6 range?

All you can do is giving mock draft ranking, that's not proving their talent is farther apart.

Show me scouts/experts quoting they are not comparable prospect, that's what we want to see.
rdawg1234
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#369 » by rdawg1234 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 am

Is there any reason NOT to tank next year?

It looks to be a deep draft full of talent, we are heavily lacking high-end talent(especially at SF).

sell off bargnani and caldy for young prospects(not necessarily all-stars, but at least decent players)

and tank tank tank, i'll take another year of painful games for years of playoff contention.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#370 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 am

OFFSEASON FIRST MOVE SHOULD BE SIGN JOHAN PETRO

You really need a good commander, the I'd go with Silas, and maybe Kapono.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#371 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:58 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I'm surprised Bennett doesn't have a bit more hype. Check out this video if you haven't seen it. Pretty orgasmic stuff. Really looks like Canadian Larry Johnson or poor man's Barkley. Amazing combination of strength, explosiveness, and the skill/feel of a perimeter player. Obviously being 6'10 instead of 6'7 would help but I believe his size and power and length will allow him to finish decently, plus a low center of gravity + huge a** could help his potential in the post and on the glass. The fact that he's having an uber rare college season statistically (33 PER+ as a freshman) is also an excellent sign

I love that Bennett is getting some much deserved attention but I won't lie I still have some reservations about him when I see other undersized PFs like TRob and Sullinger struggle to adjust to the NBA. Of course, I'll give him that he does have a great wingspan and aggression but if I were a GM I would be scared to take him in the top 3.
fredericklove
Banned User

Post#372 » by fredericklove » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I'm surprised Bennett doesn't have a bit more hype. Check out this video if you haven't seen it. Pretty orgasmic stuff. Really looks like Canadian Larry Johnson or poor man's Barkley. Amazing combination of strength, explosiveness, and the skill/feel of a perimeter player. Obviously being 6'10 instead of 6'7 would help but I believe his size and power and length will allow him to finish decently, plus a low center of gravity + huge a** could help his potential in the post and on the glass. The fact that he's having an uber rare college season statistically (33 PER+ as a freshman) is also an excellent sign

I love that Bennett is getting some much deserved attention but I won't lie I still have some reservations about him when I see other undersized PFs like TRob and Sullinger struggle to adjust to the NBA. Of course, I'll give him that he does have a great wingspan and aggression but if I were a GM I would be scared to take him in the top 3.

No offense, I don't see Bennett going top 3 either, even though he has a 3 point range for a guy who's as physical as he is in the paint, that's a good combination of range and explosiveness but at the college level he's like many dominant physical guy who gets by w/ his strength and aggressiveness to bully the weaker defenders, a guy w/ that type of motor is obviously going to exploit the inferior competition and gets lots of rebounds and decent scoring points. Once he's in the NBA, he's going to have a tough time going against and defending skilled big guys. I'm happy that he's playing well but he doesn't scream franchise player to me.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#373 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 am

Bennett is a 7-15 player in 2013 draft, his ceiling is near Millsap, maybe a more explosive Millsap.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,402

Post#374 » by ForeverTFC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:03 am

Fischella wrote:Bennett is a 7-15 player in 2013 draft, his ceiling is near Millsap, maybe a more explosive Millsap.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go top 5.

His height hurts him a bit in making the case for an NBA roster, but to me he seems to have the ability to use his strength, frame, and reach to his advantage.

Would I be far off to say that he may be able to get over his height deficiency a la Randolph by playing the game the way he does? Honest question.
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#375 » by orangutooth » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 am

two most recent players comparable to bennett are derrick williams and beasley. that didn't turn out so great.
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#376 » by God Squad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 am

Scase wrote:
Choker wrote:I'm sure those that are in support of Parker would love to have the problem of drafting Wiggins.

That's the hilarious thing about this whole thread. We would be happier than pigs in sht if we were graced with the option of getting EITHER of these players.

I solely lean towards Wiggins due to the home town connection and higher upside, and the Parker mormon thing worries me a bit.

:rockon: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Agree 100%
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
And1: 49

Post#377 » by BeasleyTheBeast » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Wiggins is a better pro prospect than Jabari, so if we had to choose between the two, no question it should be Wiggins.
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#378 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm

fredericklove wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:The problem is you can't have it both ways. By all means I concede things can change. But right now, there is no expert corroboration with the idea Parker and Wiggins are equals, and equals to the point where you can go either way. You can't say in one posts, that both are generational talents and either would be great to have, and that scouts opinions change like the wind.

Both prospects being compared, that's the most legit evidence of them being equal talent level, why don't you see James Young, Randle, or any other prospects being compared to Wiggins? It's someone who has the talent to rival that of another prospect, that's why all the scouts compare Parker to Wiggins.

Experts have concern of Wiggins' game as well, not just Parker, why are you so stubborn again about the 2-6 when undefeated has proved to you with evidence that there's no 5-6 range?

All you can do is giving mock draft ranking, that's not proving their talent is farther apart.

Show me scouts/experts quoting they are not comparable prospect, that's what we want to see.

LOL, why is he discussed beyond 1 or 2? Why does NO ONE but you and those 2 other guys have him at 1? Parker received quite a bit of hype earlier on in his high school career. He's arguably the most known player. But that doesn't change where he is viewed as a prospect. If you want to believe that will change, then sure. But the idea that right now, it's too close to call or whatever, is just not based on anything other experts would agree with you on. I don't see it either.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#379 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

fredericklove wrote:

Of course it's proof. If Parker was ranked 30th, that wouldn't be proof? You are hung up on 5-6. He isn't viewed as number 1 by anyone, and he isn't a lock for 2nd either. Wiggins in number 1 in EVERY mock of consequence and even the lesser known ones. Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good case for them not being comparable. I mean it's hilarious, Raptor fan logic. The guy ranked 3rd or 4th is just as good as the guy constantly ranked number 1. I mean this shouldn't be so difficult for anyone to understand.
Snakeyes
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#380 » by Snakeyes » Thu Jan 3, 2013 6:49 pm

Bumping this thread to remind everyone that regardless of the team's latest win streak, we still lack talent and a Wiggins tank next year is still the best option to fix that.

Return to Toronto Raptors