ImageImageImageImageImage

FireBC.com - (MLSE Comments on his future - Pg 33)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

StevieWonderMic
Sophomore
And1: 24

Re: FireBC.com - Online now. GET INVOLVED! (New Updates Pg 1 

Post#281 » by StevieWonderMic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:28 am

Guys who are doing this why not make it a movement to hire Jerry Sloan and have him run the organization. Then I'll support it.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#282 » by cb4_89 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 pm

At this point, not even the biggest BC fan can defend the guy. If we are going to be rebuilding, we can't let Colangelo anywhere near this situation because he will try to save his job and ruin the team even further. No matter how you slice it, Colangelo has to go.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#283 » by J-Roc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

C_Money wrote:The sad part is we wouldn't have to reach this level if we had an ownership group who didn't just care about money. Mavericks fans will never have to create a fire ______ site because they know Mark Cuban is just as pissed off as they are.

Supposedly the top dog at Bell, one of the MLSE owners, George Cope is a big basketball fan. And of course Tannenbaum.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#284 » by reptar15 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:43 pm

J-Roc wrote:
C_Money wrote:The sad part is we wouldn't have to reach this level if we had an ownership group who didn't just care about money. Mavericks fans will never have to create a fire ______ site because they know Mark Cuban is just as pissed off as they are.

Supposedly the top dog at Bell, one of the MLSE owners, George Cope is a big basketball fan. And of course Tannenbaum.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Money comes first to them. I remember when Grunwald was still around. He had to actually convince the owners to get permission to sign a reserve player due to an injury.

There's always the possibility that they will not fire anyone because they don't want to take on any more salary this year.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#285 » by J-Roc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm

bump before Page 2.
Carlton Banksy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,017

Post#286 » by Carlton Banksy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I don't understand why moves that ended up as domino effects that helped other teams are considered as some of his blunders. Yes, JO's expiring contract helped Miami sign Lebron & Bosh. So what? Our goal should be to improve our team, not make sure the teams we deal with end up screwed.

And the pick in the Lowry trade getting them Harden.... ummm ok? By all accounts that wasn't a bad trade for us, yet because it also worked out for Houston it's a blunder?

Don't get me wrong, I support the idea of the site, but some of the things on there are reaching.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Post#287 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Was just checking out the site again and the comments and art work sections need to go for the site to be taken seriously, especially the comments section.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#288 » by Mehar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 pm

After tonight's loss and a pitiful record of 4-19 after they lose tonight, i can forsee Colangelo going before the media and using injuries as an excuse again. I can forsee him tell the world that the reasons the Raptors suck is not because of him, but injuries to his so called glue guy "Landry Fields" and others. If MLSE has integrity, they would fire this guy as soon as possible before he does more bad trades that digs this team further into the hole for years to come. Landry Fields making 8.5 M two years from now is one example.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect

Post#289 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Mehar wrote:After tonight's loss and a pitiful record of 4-19 after they lose tonight, i can forsee Colangelo going before the media and using injuries as an excuse again. I can forsee him tell the world that the reasons the Raptors suck is not because of him, but injuries to his so called glue guy "Landry Fields" and others. If MLSE has integrity, they would fire this guy as soon as possible before he does more bad trades that digs this team further into the hole for years to come. Landry Fields making 8.5 M two years from now is one example.

Fields will be making $6.25M two years from now.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#290 » by Mehar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Joe Buddy wrote:
Mehar wrote:After tonight's loss and a pitiful record of 4-19 after they lose tonight, i can forsee Colangelo going before the media and using injuries as an excuse again. I can forsee him tell the world that the reasons the Raptors suck is not because of him, but injuries to his so called glue guy "Landry Fields" and others. If MLSE has integrity, they would fire this guy as soon as possible before he does more bad trades that digs this team further into the hole for years to come. Landry Fields making 8.5 M two years from now is one example.

Fields will be making $6.25M two years from now.

That is true because under the new CBA, the contract is averaged out, but MLSE is still on the books for 8.5 M. However, for cap purposes it is 6.25 M. That is still 3.25 M than what the Knicks were offering on a two year deal (2 yr for 6 M was their offer) (LOL). Terrible signing after seeing Fields play in many games last year on my NBA package.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#291 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Put a link to this poll on your site, or start your own poll.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#292 » by Chaos Engine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:36 pm

You need to fix the comments section.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect

Post#294 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I was told last week by what I would think is a pretty credible source that BC won't be fired any time soon just because of who he is (well respected around the league....still, for some reason) and more importantly, who his father is. He said obviously MLSE will look into letting BC go if the season is getting way out of control, but don't count on it.

I still don't believe it though, I think MLSE will have no choice but to let him go if the season keeps going the way it's going.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect

Post#295 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Mehar wrote:That is true because under the new CBA, the contract is averaged out, but MLSE is still on the books for 8.5 M. However, for cap purposes it is 6.25 M. That is still 3.25 M than what the Knicks were offering on a two year deal (2 yr for 6 M was their offer) (LOL). Terrible signing after seeing Fields play in many games last year on my NBA package.

Regardless of that last year salary, I do agree that it was a terrible signing. Not only about the money we gave him, but why we gave it to him....the whole Nash debacle.

I didn't know the Knicks offered that contract. It's sad that he is making more in 1 year with us than he was offered by the Knicks for two.
neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Re: FireBC.com - GET INVOLVED NOW! (Facebook Group live Pg 2 

Post#296 » by neurotik » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 am

I need a little help but something this would be good for a meme.

4 top 10 picks
2 top 5 picks
1 1st overall pick
(list the number) of trades
(list the number) of free agent signings
0 allstars
(1 of 10)
Lawnmower Man
Banned User
And1: 20

Post#297 » by Lawnmower Man » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 am

416hustla wrote:I need a little help but something this would be good for a meme.

4 top 10 picks
2 top 5 picks
1 1st overall pick
(list the number) of trades
(list the number) of free agent signings
0 allstars

Yea, that's good.

You could even change the first line to "5 lottery picks".
T_Biggums
Senior
And1: 41

Post#298 » by T_Biggums » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 am

This is hilariously weak.

What does firing BC achieve? we have a wack team that no one wants to play for unless they're overpaid to do so... Until we get a franchise player this will be the scenario year after year
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,930

Post#299 » by Ado05 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 am

This site needs a remodel. Take the comments off for a little because of the trolls.

Like some other guys said, less is more. Make it strictly facts. Make it plane. Make it business like.
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#300 » by reptar15 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:53 am

T_Biggums wrote:This is hilariously weak.

What does firing BC achieve? we have a wack team that no one wants to play for unless they're overpaid to do so... Until we get a franchise player this will be the scenario year after year

Our team is screwed for the next 3 or so years no matter what because of the hole Colangelo has dug the team into.

We will never get a franchise player as long as Colangelo is around. He'll keep trading away first round picks and spending huge money on players like Kapono, Turkoglu, Fields, Derozan, Calderon, etc

Return to Toronto Raptors