ImageImageImageImageImage

FireBC.com - (MLSE Comments on his future - Pg 33)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Re: FireBC.com - Online now. GET INVOLVED! 

Post#81 » by Chaos Engine » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:40 am

Jval17 wrote:This:
Picking eighth, I passed on somebody I consider a top-five talent in the draft because we felt like he didn’t have the right mental makeup. I passed on someone we thought was a top-three physical specimen because we felt he wasn’t the right fit for our team and didn’t have the right mental makeup.

"mental makeup" aka soft and nice players. GTFO BC.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#82 » by Tacoma » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:43 am

KingAmmar wrote:
Rejected wrote:I can't find the quote but someone laid out how BC is the best other GM in the league in helping build Miami from the JO trade and Bosh, Dallas with Marion, Huston with Hardon and OKC with our pick.

Someone needs to find that quote and send it to Bill Simmons, hopefully it gets put in a Mail bag. Just ask him if he is the best other GM in the league. We need more publicity for this.

Here you go. Spread the word. We will not tolerate this any longer!

sule wrote:Colangelo and the Raptor's organization are great at putting contenders together:

- Traded Vince Carter to New Jersey for scraps. New Jersey became perennial 2nd-round team.
- Got Mourning from that trade, bought him out, and let him go to Miami for nothing. Mourning was integral in Miami winning their first championship.
- Acquired JO, then traded him to Miami for Marion. JO gave Miami the cap space to sign Bosh and LeBron.
- Marion was then traded to Dallas, and Stojakovic was let go. Both contributed to Dallas winning their championship.
- Calderon deal to Bobcats for Chandler was nixed, and now Chandler is a key part of a potential contender (or pretender) with the Knicks.
- Signing Landry Fields blocked Nash from going to NY. Didn't want to come to a losing Toronto team. So he signed with the Lakers.
- Trading our pick for Lowry with minimal protection (Top 3 in this draft) allowed Houston to trade the pick for James Harden. Houston are now a better team than they were last year.
- The pick Houston traded to Lowry will likely end up 4th or 5th by season's end, and give Oklahoma a strong pick in this draft lottery. And if we end up in the top 3 for this draft, Oklahoma gets a potential lottery pick in the following years draft (the Wiggins draft) which is slated to be get strong at the top.

To the good teams in the league: You're welcome.

Wow, this is classic! I knew about the JO to Miami giving them cap for Bosh thing but didn't think about the Harden trade, but it's true that Houston probably wouldn't have gotten Harden without the Raptors lottery pick as part of the deal. But what makes it even more laughable is that BC stands to lose Lowry as a free agent in 2014 unless he severely overpays to re-sign him. This is just sad.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#83 » by niQ » Sun Dec 9, 2012 6:16 am

Chaos Engine wrote:
Jval17 wrote:This:
Picking eighth, I passed on somebody I consider a top-five talent in the draft because we felt like he didn’t have the right mental makeup. I passed on someone we thought was a top-three physical specimen because we felt he wasn’t the right fit for our team and didn’t have the right mental makeup.

"mental makeup" aka soft and nice players. GTFO BC.

So... Does that mean Terrence Ross has this AWESOME mental makeup? lol
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#84 » by suntzuballin » Sun Dec 9, 2012 6:49 am

i found it im gonna copy paste to email its a post from a mod morris shatfield

Yeah,
I think we have reached that point, the last six months have been a pretty clear indication that the league has passed BC by or he simply has got to a point of madness.

We dealt Barbosa (a 7.6m dollar expiring contract) for basically nothing to give us flexibility in the "pre-draft period";
Which we didn't use.

We walked into the draft with a lotto pick and two second rounders in an extremely deep draft and a glut of cap flexibility and we used all our picks, and worst of all while Ross may have been the guy BC wanted, we could have traded down and still got him, our asset management at the draft was terrible.

We enter free agency and were ultimately used by our very clear free agent priority to secure years and dollars for other organizations and end up spending an overwhelming amount of money on yet another band-aid small forward solution which is harming us more then helping.

We moved a lot of assets in terms of cap flexibility and the Bulls 2011 pick for James Johnson and Bayless, and ultimately ended up with the Kings second rounder as our pay off for both of them basically a year and change later, and what's most interesting is I would sooner both of them to Fields and Lucas for far less money.

We bid against ourselves to sign DeMar DeRozan to a long term contract which he hasn't earned and we didn't have to do, and while his play over the first few games has been nice, is hardly the norm. We turned DeMar into another untradable piece in an ocean of untradable pieces.

There is either some brilliant master-plan in place which will make me bask in BC's brilliance, or he simply has been unable or unwilling to make the deals he needs to make to make this club better.

We have had a problem at the three since he got here; and has committed millions upon millions of dollars and hundred upon hundreds of minutes to failed solutions like Jones, Kapono, Turkoglu, Wright, Wright, Weems, Moon, Fields, Kleiza, etc etc. and here we are right back to that same problem we had the day after we let Mo'Pete walk back in the summer of 2006.

We are without cap flexibility moving forward; which means for us to improve its either draft or trade or MLE signing and we don't exactly have a ton of assets to move and I just don't see the way forward unless Jonas becomes a beast and we find a way to turn Jose / Ed / Midding Assets into a legit SF which is highly unlikely.

Its to a point where we just need some new perspective, because this one just ain't working
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#85 » by Volcano » Sun Dec 9, 2012 7:05 am

Barring any favours from his dad, if BC gets fired, is he done as a GM for good? No team is gonna hire him after his awful tenure with the Raps
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#86 » by Tofubeque » Sun Dec 9, 2012 7:23 am

Volcano wrote:Barring any favours from his dad, if BC gets fired, is he done as a GM for good? No team is gonna hire him after his awful tenure with the Raps

I would have thought the same thing about Mike D'Antoni after his awful tenure with the Knicks. But teams are desperate to recreate the small ball success of those 50-win Suns teams. BC will probably latch on as an assistant GM somewhere. He's got the connections and high collared shirts, what are you gonna do
props Turbozone
Haisan
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#87 » by Haisan » Sun Dec 9, 2012 7:56 am

Nice site: much more to the point than my own attempt: torontoomnishambles.blogspot.com

But every bit of pressure helps. This team needs accountability and if MLSE is not going to provide it, the fans need to do so.
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#88 » by StatLine » Sun Dec 9, 2012 8:00 am

If colangelo goes, bargnani goes. Two birds, one stone!
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,231

Post#89 » by Mehar » Sun Dec 9, 2012 8:13 am

Great work man. I applaud you greatly. I will definetly contact some of the key people at MLSE, and if they have any ounce of integrity and love for their loyal fans, they would do the right thing and terminate this clown of a GM as soon as possible. Thanks for this!
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#90 » by Left Side Drive » Sun Dec 9, 2012 8:15 am

Great site

Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
YoungD23
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#91 » by YoungD23 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 8:44 am

darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#92 » by darth_federer » Sun Dec 9, 2012 9:04 am

The only thing I would say though is that the memes distract from the message. If it could be a little more professional that would be better. And if there was a petition/counter or something that shows how many fans want BC to be fired that would be great.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,261

Post#93 » by Scase » Sun Dec 9, 2012 9:06 am

Haha my "why not both" meme made it on the sayings page. Success!

Awesome job OP!
Props TZ!
StevieWonderMic
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#94 » by StevieWonderMic » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:17 am

Yea, so what woulda happened if the Chandler trade didn't go down? How many close games have we lost? How long has team cores of Memphis, OKC, Indiana, Philly etc been together? Big picture, what kind of roster did we have before BC was here? Joey Graham as our starting sf? Ungrateful b/tches.
Triano basketball was unwatchable. That Utah game was of the few pathetic games this season. **** emofans.
alpharay
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#95 » by alpharay » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:02 pm

And hire julius erving or magic johnson as the new GM. Someone who knows basketball, know players have alot of connections, alot of respect and are proven winners. Players will come here knowing they have julius or magic at the helm. It will give our team a new face.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#96 » by Volcano » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:12 pm

StevieWonderMic wrote:Yea, so what woulda happened if the Chandler trade didn't go down? How many close games have we lost? How long has team cores of Memphis, OKC, Indiana, Philly etc been together? Big picture, what kind of roster did we have before BC was here? Joey Graham as our starting sf? Ungrateful b/tches.
Triano basketball was unwatchable. That Utah game was of the few pathetic games this season. **** emofans.

I don't get it..you're a BC apologist but you're bashing his moves at the same time? Triano as HC was BC's decision was it not?

Oh..yeah, before BC got here we had 1 perennial all-star..now we have zero all-stars..not even a low level one.

Joey Graham vs Kapono, Hedo, Moon, Fields, Kleiza...uh...do you know what big picture means?
Primal
Banned User
And1: 1,082

Post#97 » by Primal » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:51 pm

StevieWonderMic wrote:Yea, so what woulda happened if the Chandler trade didn't go down? How many close games have we lost? How long has team cores of Memphis, OKC, Indiana, Philly etc been together? Big picture, what kind of roster did we have before BC was here? Joey Graham as our starting sf? Ungrateful b/tches.

HI BC
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#98 » by West Rouge » Sun Dec 9, 2012 2:47 pm

Primal wrote:

HI BC

BC really refuses to admit failure. Hope he enjoyed his free ride on the nepotism train
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#99 » by JV4MVP » Sun Dec 9, 2012 2:52 pm

Anyone make a generic email letter?
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#100 » by dballislife » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:00 pm

i like BC
What is basketball.....basketball is life!

Return to Toronto Raptors