ImageImageImageImageImage

FireBC.com - (MLSE Comments on his future - Pg 33)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

T_Biggums
Senior
And1: 41

Re: FireBC.com - GET INVOLVED NOW! (Facebook Group live Pg 2 

Post#301 » by T_Biggums » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 am

reptar15 wrote:
T_Biggums wrote:This is hilariously weak.

What does firing BC achieve? we have a wack team that no one wants to play for unless they're overpaid to do so... Until we get a franchise player this will be the scenario year after year

Our team is screwed for the next 3 or so years no matter what because of the hole Colangelo has dug the team into.

We will never get a franchise player as long as Colangelo is around. He'll keep trading away first round picks and spending huge money on players like Kapono, Turkoglu, Fields, Derozan, Calderon, etc

I'm pretty sure he made those deals to build on a team that was a playoff team... Its a shame it didn't work out.

Still I don't think the problem is Colangelo really, yes he's made some **** deals but he's working with in compromised marketplace AND a salary cap.

We're better off just tanking and finding a FP in the draft, THEN fire Bryan...
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#302 » by reptar15 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 am

T_Biggums wrote:
reptar15 wrote:
T_Biggums wrote:This is hilariously weak.

What does firing BC achieve? we have a wack team that no one wants to play for unless they're overpaid to do so... Until we get a franchise player this will be the scenario year after year

Our team is screwed for the next 3 or so years no matter what because of the hole Colangelo has dug the team into.

We will never get a franchise player as long as Colangelo is around. He'll keep trading away first round picks and spending huge money on players like Kapono, Turkoglu, Fields, Derozan, Calderon, etc

I'm pretty sure he made those deals to build on a team that was a playoff team... Its a shame it didn't work out.

Still I don't think the problem is Colangelo really, yes he's made some **** deals but he's working with in compromised marketplace AND a salary cap.

He made those moves to make the Raptors a fringe playoff team. We would never be contenders with the players he keeps bringing in. His moves in Toronto we all bone headed and short sighted.

How can we tank if he keeps trading away our picks?
T_Biggums
Senior

Post#303 » by T_Biggums » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 am

reptar15 wrote:
T_Biggums wrote:
reptar15 wrote:Our team is screwed for the next 3 or so years no matter what because of the hole Colangelo has dug the team into.

He made those moves to make the Raptors a fringe playoff team. We would never be contenders with the players he keeps bringing in. His moves in Toronto we all bone headed and short sighted.

How can we tank if he keeps trading away our picks?

And when did we have the pieces to be a legit contender? fringe playoff team was our best hope since we didn't have a FP and no Bosh isn't it he's a piece
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#304 » by reptar15 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:19 am

T_Biggums wrote:And when did we have the pieces to be a legit contender? fringe playoff team was our best hope since we didn't have a FP and no Bosh isn't it he's a piece

I don't know why you are contradicting yourself.
He'll never make us a contender that's why we want him gone simple as that.
T_Biggums
Senior

Post#305 » by T_Biggums » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 am

reptar15 wrote:
T_Biggums wrote:And when did we have the pieces to be a legit contender? fringe playoff team was our best hope since we didn't have a FP and no Bosh isn't it he's a piece

If you are following what I said you will see there is no contradiction. Firing BC won't solve the problem of players wanting to come here. When you don't have a FP you don't have a team basically
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#306 » by Guy Smiley » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 am

By T_Biggums' logic the Raptors should just hire me. I'm happy to take the pay cheque and I wouldn't even bother showing up to the office until a franchise player lands in my lap.
T_Biggums
Senior

Post#307 » by T_Biggums » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 am

Guy Smiley wrote:By T_Biggums' logic the Raptors should just hire me. I'm happy to take the pay cheque and I wouldn't even bother showing up to the office until a franchise player lands in my lap.

As sad as it sounds it probably wouldn't be too far from the truth... Should we be better? sure but how much better? Still out of the playoffs in my estimation.

We don't have an attraction and changing the GM will do little to address that
KingAmmar
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#308 » by KingAmmar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:23 pm

To think that we could have had Harden, if Senile man BC didn't overvalue the talent on this group.
Lets face it - stars attract stars. Having the best young SG in the league would be an amazing place to start.

I am sure any deal would be centered around Valanciunas. As much as I like him, we could have picked Drummond and not faced much of a talent dropoff. If the deal was something like Val/Derozan for Harden/Perkins, I would be all over that.

Calderon
Harden
Kleiza/Fields
Bargnani/Davis
Perkins/Drummond/Amir

Would be a MUCH better prospect than we have now. If OKC was playin hard all and wanted a pick thrown in there, we could do a deal around top 3 protection....much like BC already did! Yes the 1 and 3 spots would be a weakness, but we would still have the expiring contract of Calderon and Ed David as future trade baits.
I am sure Perkins would help straighten out any character issues Drummond had. Mentor ship can make a huge difference in this league.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#309 » by Reignman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:55 pm

The next move the organizers of this nonsense should do is rent a plane and fly it over the ACC with a banner saying "Fire BC", that's definitely going to work.

You guys have way too much time on your hands. None of this is going to make a difference, I hope you guys realize that.
theycallmeZZ
Starter
And1: 2,363

Post#310 » by theycallmeZZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Twitter account should be separate from your actual twitter profile...
KingAmmar
Banned User

Post#311 » by KingAmmar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm

^Ever heard of hashtags?

and to the guy who suggested flying a plane. There's actually precedence that it's been done before..in Toronto nonetheless (for Peddie). It gained a lot of publicity at the time, and Peddie himself noted it as one of the dark moments of his career here:

Was there a really dark moment? When I was hiring the general manager for basketball. I had let Glen Grunwald go in 2004, and it was being played out in the media. There was a firepeddie.com website. I got obscene phone calls and had the police come in. One fellow rented a plane with a banner. I remember one night I couldn’t sleep and I walked into a Starbucks as soon as it opened in the morning, and the person behind the counter said, “Who are you going to hire for GM?” I’m not a celebrity, but I’d bet I’m recognized much more often than any of the bank CEOs, and they run much bigger companies.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le4096724/
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#312 » by visionquest » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 am

Reignman wrote:You guys have way too much time on your hands. None of this is going to make a difference, I hope you guys realize that.

MLSE board had a state of the union meeting re the Raps.

Looks like those e-mails to the higher-ups had some effect.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#313 » by West Rouge » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 am

visionquest wrote:
Reignman wrote:You guys have way too much time on your hands. None of this is going to make a difference, I hope you guys realize that.

MLSE board had a state of the union meeting re the Raps.

Looks like those e-mails to the higher-ups had some effect.

They wanted to know the teams record. BC stood up and told them "17-4" They all applauded and got back in their jets
Snakeyes
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#314 » by Snakeyes » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 am

Adrian_05 wrote:This site needs a remodel. Take the comments off for a little because of the trolls.

Like some other guys said, less is more. Make it strictly facts. Make it plane. Make it business like.

Yeah. It looks unprofessional.
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#315 » by postup » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 am

Adrian_05 wrote:This site needs a remodel. Take the comments off for a little because of the trolls.

Like some other guys said, less is more. Make it strictly facts. Make it plane. Make it business like.

This.

Agree with the message, but this looks too high-schoolish.

Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
david5773
Banned User
And1: 94

Post#316 » by david5773 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 am

can you guys let us know if you get any replies?
KingAmmar
Banned User

Post#317 » by KingAmmar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 am

Snakeyes wrote:

Yeah. It looks unprofessional.

Let me say this once and for all. It is not meant to be a business site. We are not looking for corporate sponsorships, nor will the "professionalism" of the website impacts the way MLSE takes actions. If you spent 10,000 dollars to make it built by the most effective developers, thats not what makes the movement effective. What does make us effective is that we provide a fun and fact filled voice for the fans, and gives everyone a means to reach out directly to the people with control over the team.
You can refuse to think that the voice of the fans matters, but I'll tell you what - looks like MLSE took notice today. And I bet when you saw the headline, there was an extra beat of excitement. :D
daleface
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#318 » by daleface » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:23 am

T_Biggums wrote:
reptar15 wrote:

If you are following what I said you will see there is no contradiction. Firing BC won't solve the problem of players wanting to come here. When you don't have a FP you don't have a team basically

you are contradicting yourself.

No player wants to come here because we're one of if not the worst team in the league. Who's fault is that? BC the guy who's in charge. How do we fix it? By creating a winning atmosphere. And the only way we can do that is through the draft. But how can we do that when the guy that's in charge trades away draft picks and just wants to make an appearance in the playoffs as oppose to being a real contending team. If we want to turn this around, it starts with firing BC.
KingAmmar
Banned User

Post#319 » by KingAmmar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 am

PS: So far people have seen at least 3 different responses from Tom Anselmi (president of MLSE), and in one of them he apologized on behalf of other MLSE board members. Best part is, the fact that there were 3 similar but different replies has shown that its not just a canned response like we saw from the Raptors audience relations a few weeks ago.

Personally I've been surprised by how much you guys can dig up. Someone actually messaged me with Tom Anselmi's telephone number. Someone else actually gave me George Cope (Bell Canada CEO)'s home address. I haven't shared any if those type of things on the site, cuz some of you mofos are crazy lol.
But it does show that people really, really want this team to change direction, and will no longer tolerate Colangelo's blunders.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#320 » by Berserk_Raptor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:41 am

i left my two cents there
@raptor21_85

Return to Toronto Raptors