yardbarker

Toronto Raptors Historical Individual Game Leaders (Since 1984-1985)

# Date Player Pos MINFGMFGA3PM3PAFTMFTAREBASTSTLBLKPTS
1Feb 27, 2000Vince CarterSG43:001732481313913051
2Jan 25, 2014Terrence RossSF43:5316291017910911051
3Nov 18, 2000Vince CarterSG45:0014313717181043248
4Mar 26, 2006Charlie VillanuevaC45:59203261123931048
5Jan 14, 2000Vince CarterSF43:0020323344542247
6Dec 30, 2000Vince CarterSG44:001126272227661146

See historical Toronto Raptors individual game leaders

Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Alfred, Morris_Shatford

Post#261 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 am by Raps in 4

**** scrub.
Image
Raps in 4





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 23,806
And1: 2,290
Joined: Nov 1, 2008
Location: Toronto
Top

Post#262 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 am by hoopskillz

Well, he's right. Raptors are the worst team in the league.
The only thing he neglect to mention is the reason why we're the worst.
Image
hoopskillz
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 451
And1: 38
Joined: Oct 31, 2008
Location: Canada
Top

Post#263 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 am by Hero

We need to find the worst situation for him and trade him there. Imo Lakers. No way he can handle the pressure and the fans are way more ruthless, as is the media.
BloodyNose wrote:
TWO4Life wrote:His shots aren't falling but you can't say Patman isn't working hard.

a monkey can work hard, i want results
Hero

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,202
And1: 5,174
Joined: Apr 5, 2012
Location: North York
Top

Post#264 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:47 am by Harry Palmer

Hero wrote:We need to find the worst situation for him and trade him there. Imo Lakers. No way he can handle the pressure and the fans are way more ruthless, as is the media.



I don't get why people are freaking out about this, except when we turn here we really turn, but I will admit that there would be a sense of poetic symmetry for us to base our last Bargnani transaction on how it will affect Andrea Bargnani.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 38,734
And1: 384
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Location: Standing outside a broken braintrust with money in my hand
Top

Post#265 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:50 am by pass first

talksick wrote:Love it, Bargs is being whipped for saying they are the worst team in the NBA and Casey is being made fun of in the other thread for saying the Raps aren't. People make up your mind.

:lol:
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved (Acts 16:31)

Andrea Bargnani: "Stupid criticism with no sense don't make anything to me."
pass first
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,214
And1: 2
Joined: Jan 8, 2010
Location: Apologists 4 Bargnani HQ
Top

Post#266 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 am by pass first

Hero wrote:We need to find the worst situation for him and trade him there. Imo Lakers. No way he can handle the pressure and the fans are way more ruthless, as is the media.

All the pressure will be on Bargs to bail out Kobe, Nash, Dwight and D´Antoni and restore World Peace.
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved (Acts 16:31)

Andrea Bargnani: "Stupid criticism with no sense don't make anything to me."
pass first
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,214
And1: 2
Joined: Jan 8, 2010
Location: Apologists 4 Bargnani HQ
Top

Post#267 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am by senfono

I can say "Raps are the worst team in the NBA", any of us here can say "Raps are the worst team in the NBA"... Bargnani can´t.

He must say "WE are the worst team in the NBA, I AM the main piece of the worst team in the NBA"
senfono
Senior
Posts: 623
And1: 7
Joined: Jan 18, 2007
Top

Post#268 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 am by kelso

two5 wrote:
speedythief wrote:We sucked long before Bargnani, Junior. He's only been around for a minute, and he's only been a focal point of the team for a few seconds.

've watched this team play since I was 10 years old. We had a few awful years after Vince, but Bosh was very capable of getting us many playoff years.

If Bargnani was so talented and great, why couldn't he help us get in the playoffs or even suceed as Bosh's Robin?

The guy got to play with a star big man in Bosh, for many years, who now is the second best player on the best team in the world



So, which guy is Bosh better than on Miami- Wade or LeBron? I stop listening to you after this.
kelso
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,548
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 1, 2001
Location: Innisfil ON...the centre of the Universe
Top

Post#269 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 am by TheAlchemist

Ilmago_Bargs7 wrote:So now Bargs is blamed for everything-?? lol... so now i have to forget Jose's years of atrocious defence, no i have to forget that we havent had a true SF in a while, etc, etc...???


Bargs is a disease that has plagued this team for far too long.

He doesn't rebound.

He doesn't play good help defence.

He's lost his quickness and doesn't put the ball on the floor anymore.

He can't shoot a high percentage.

On top of everything he gets minutes awarded to him like he deserves it.

Physically, Mentally, and psychologically, Bargs is NOT good for this team and is a big problem. I'd rather hustle and win then rely on his sorry ass.
TheAlchemist




Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,101
And1: 767
Joined: Apr 6, 2010
Top

Post#270 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 am by kplooksafterme

Even though Bargnani may be right that this is the worst team in the NBA, and assuming that nothing was lost or gained in translation, his comments are really a slap in the face to his team-mates. Saying the Raptors are the worst team in the NBA without specifying that you're just talking about the results and not necessarily the quality of players on the team is like saying your team-mates are garbage. This might be true, but you can't say stuff like this publicly and still expect to get along with your team.
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,301
And1: 113
Joined: Mar 4, 2008
Top

Post#271 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 am by Illuminati_

kplooksafterme wrote:Even though Bargnani may be right that this is the worst team in the NBA, and assuming that nothing was lost or gained in translation, his comments are really a slap in the face to his team-mates. Saying the Raptors are the worst team in the NBA without specifying that you're just talking about the results and not necessarily the quality of players on the team is like saying your team-mates are garbage. This might be true, but you can't say stuff like this publicly and still expect to get along with your team.

well he did specify asto why the team came out to a horrible startthis season. Too bad barg quote was taken out of context.
Illuminati_
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,572
And1: 187
Joined: Oct 31, 2009
Top

Post#272 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 am by Illuminati_

two5 wrote:
speedythief wrote:Unfortunately the Raptors are a miserable franchise. I actually don't blame Bargs for saying what he said, in a moment where he felt he could express himself without the atrocious and desperate sports media in Toronto castigating him. In a sense I agree with him--it seems like no franchise bottoms-out every year like we do. We don't just get into skids, we bust through the bottom of the barrel pretty much every season. It's extremely discouraging to be a fan of a franchise that is consistently devoid of creativity, audacity, and common sense. All that being said, Bargs is the de facto leader of the team and he is out of line saying that, if he's been quoted correctly and in context. It's a defeatist statement and if we really are committed to a "winning culture" within the club (questionable at the top) he's not on board with that and he needs to suck it up and make up for it or find a new place to ply his trade.


This reason why this franchise is so miserable is due to Bargnani. I mean the guy has just been a burden on this franchise ever since after his rookie season.

He got to play with a star player in Bosh, being spoonfed open and good looks and the guy still sucked. Both offensively and defensively.

He's the common denominator.

Go look at Bosh now, second best player on a championship/dynasty capable team. You want to tell me the fault lies in the talents of other guys?

Even alongside talented players, he's bad. The guy is just a big 7 foot, overglorified Al Harrington


They made it to the playoffs with that "burden". I dont know why a pg who is still on this team who actually played major minutes isnt a common denominator in all of this. Also how was too big men who live outisde the paint ever going to mesh? You dont mention this as well but we finished a point out of post season in bosh's last season...even though bosh didnt play down the last stretch of the season.

The hate is getting sickening at this time.
Illuminati_
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,572
And1: 187
Joined: Oct 31, 2009
Top

Post#273 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 am by BackseatBoss

He's right, we are the worst team in the NBA. However, he should also mention, that he's one of the main reasons why we're the worst team in the league. Also, it's kind of stupid to say that about your own team when you're a player. That really won't help the locker room morale.
Image
BackseatBoss


Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,400
And1: 1,646
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
Top

Post#274 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:35 pm by 5DOM

Says he was misquoted and that he would never do that to his teammates
Image
5DOM




Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 37,940
And1: 923
Joined: Aug 30, 2004
Top

Post#275 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:38 pm by Raps Militia

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
Bargnani said he might not speak to that outlet again and was very angry about how story was spun


I'm Italian, and I assure you that "La Gazzetta Dello Sport" is a journal of ****.
Image
Image
Raps Militia





Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,407
And1: 651
Joined: Mar 9, 2012
Location: Italy
Top

Post#276 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:41 pm by Choker

He can exert his anger from the journalist by trying or GTFOing from the team.
Image
Choker

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,426
And1: 4,195
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: California
Top

Post#277 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:03 pm by zilby

Illuminati_ wrote:
two5 wrote:
speedythief wrote:Unfortunately the Raptors are a miserable franchise. I actually don't blame Bargs for saying what he said, in a moment where he felt he could express himself without the atrocious and desperate sports media in Toronto castigating him. In a sense I agree with him--it seems like no franchise bottoms-out every year like we do. We don't just get into skids, we bust through the bottom of the barrel pretty much every season. It's extremely discouraging to be a fan of a franchise that is consistently devoid of creativity, audacity, and common sense. All that being said, Bargs is the de facto leader of the team and he is out of line saying that, if he's been quoted correctly and in context. It's a defeatist statement and if we really are committed to a "winning culture" within the club (questionable at the top) he's not on board with that and he needs to suck it up and make up for it or find a new place to ply his trade.


This reason why this franchise is so miserable is due to Bargnani. I mean the guy has just been a burden on this franchise ever since after his rookie season.

He got to play with a star player in Bosh, being spoonfed open and good looks and the guy still sucked. Both offensively and defensively.

He's the common denominator.

Go look at Bosh now, second best player on a championship/dynasty capable team. You want to tell me the fault lies in the talents of other guys?

Even alongside talented players, he's bad. The guy is just a big 7 foot, overglorified Al Harrington


They made it to the playoffs with that "burden". I dont know why a pg who is still on this team who actually played major minutes isnt a common denominator in all of this. Also how was too big men who live outisde the paint ever going to mesh? You dont mention this as well but we finished a point out of post season in bosh's last season...even though bosh didnt play down the last stretch of the season.

The hate is getting sickening at this time.

The Raptors made it to the playoffs both times with him averaging around 24 MPG, while serving as the 3rd option behind Bosh and Ford. And even then his percentages were still below average. Bosh was the focal point of both those offenses, with Ford as our secondary option attacking the paint. Then Calderon came in and managed the second unit very well. Not to mention the second year he was in that horrible soph slump, and somehow managed to be even worse in the playoffs and let Shard/D12 abuse him all series long.

Bargnani's FG percentages have never drastically spiked (aside from the horrible 2nd year to the 3rd year, 39% to 45%). The only things that have noticeably increased since his 2nd year are his PPG, and his FGA. And on top of all this, he's never shown to give a **** about what's happening out there, or a willingness to improve his game. I can honestly say I've seen him improve once in his career, and that was Thirteenani before he got hurt and sat out most of the season. And then he ditched that and here we are again.

In regard to the 09/10 season, you must not remember the disaster of a 2nd half we had that season. After Bosh went down the first time, the Raps stopped winning and the way they played without Bosh was shameful. Through the first 41 games of the season, I'd believe we'd won 28 or so of them. The 2nd half of the season? 12-29.

Of course Calderon is part of the problem too, but as far as I'm concerned each and every person on this team is right now, with Bargnani being a bigger part than others. And this franchise will never move forward unless we get rid of him. Nobody has ever said we'd become instantly a playoff team by getting rid of him, but we sure as hell play like a team without him camping and bricking all game.
zilby



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,256
And1: 1,394
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: T-Dot
Top

Post#278 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 pm by NBAloverfromIT

IMO a perfect interview of Andrea. He says exactly: WE are the worst team in the NBA, so he including himself. They are harsh words, but they are right at the same time.
Maybe he used those words to force a trade. In all cases, I'd like him to be traded to the lakers (Gasol) or to the Celtics (Jeff Green)

Is there an expert in statistics able to explain this ?

Image

I'm a Valanciunas fan, but unfortunately NOW he's a problem for the raptors

...and then: with Lowry 2W 14L
without Lowry 3W 5L

not bargs, not Lowry and win by 20...
...the Raps are something inexplicable

Bargnani has its faults, but is it all because of Bargnani?
unlike RealGM fans, I'm not so sure about this, we will see
NBAloverfromIT
Freshman
Posts: 65
And1: 2
Joined: Nov 28, 2012
Location: Italy
Top

Post#279 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:36 pm by Don_Draper

Bargs' time in Toronto has come.

He has checked out. Management seems to be busy trying to move him elsewhere.

I hope we get a solid piece in return.
Don_Draper

Senior
User avatar
Posts: 529
And1: 513
Joined: Nov 8, 2012
Top

Post#280 Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 pm by BorisDK1

NBAloverfromIT wrote:IMO a perfect interview of Andrea. He says exactly: WE are the worst team in the NBA, so he including himself. They are harsh words, but they are right at the same time.
I'm a Valanciunas fan, but unfortunately NOW he's a problem for the raptors

Defensively, that's true. Not in the sense that he himself is terrible (because he isn't), but that he is not as good as either Amir Johnson or Ed Davis and he's certainly not good enough to make up for Bargnani while he's out there. But, then, only a very select few players would be. Bill Russell, mostly.
...and then: with Lowry 2W 14L
without Lowry 3W 5L

That's right. Lowry's great defense and high-usage, efficient offense is certainly causing us to lose games.
not bargs, not Lowry and win by 20...
...the Raps are something inexplicable

Bargnani has its faults, but is it all because of Bargnani?
[/quote]
Not all of it falls on Bargnani. A lot of it does, though; he's been brutal defensively and offensively. Are our small forwards just as much of a problem? Absolutely. Let's be honest about that. But Bargnani is dragging the competitive spirit of the team down, and therefore he kinda has to go. For his own health, because he's angered his teammates and practice might get a little, um, ugly if he stays.
BorisDK1
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,209
And1: 172
Joined: Jul 4, 2010
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arman_tanzarian, asuran, Bruteque, C_Money, chillinlikeavillain, Chriscross, chuckdevlin, Crazy_NBA_Fan, DADDDDY, DG88, gojoorange, Google Adsense [Bot], GooniesNeverDie, GoRaptors, hell_razor, Hit Em Up, Ilmago_Bargs7, J_Sky_G, james vincent, jeeves123, Jim Lahey, Jinzo, kieferli, Lazy, Lietuvis, mappiah19, Mikestro, MixxSRC, NBJ13, One And Done, onetwothree, OvOhYeah, Ramako, Razor Ray, riff_raff, Risk101, roundhead0, scopy, SFour, SmoothTofu, snomeister, socwiz15, sunny, TANKNATION, TheMoonMan, tms, traps#10, triple_threat, UcanUwill, Vlade Divac, Waylon Mercy, yodude, Young_Buc