ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA 

Post#21 » by Pchu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:57 pm

And this is news?

He is just stating the truth, we are the worst (or very close) team in the NBA.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,485

Post#22 » by dagger » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Strategist1 wrote:No player ever says that about their own team. It's just not good to say.
Derozan says at least,..we're better than our record shows. That's at least better.

Anyways, we will go on a modest win streak without Bargs. I can see it now. We just need to get a couple of guys healthy and get Lowry on track.

I wonder what Bargs will say, when we start winning without him.

Let's see us "start winning without him". He's missed the better part of three games and we haven't won one of those three. We're not likely to win the next two either. Our offensive and defensive numbers both trend down when he's out. The better defence is good, the worse offence is bad. To me, we are pretty much in the same place without him, which is not good.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
EFF3KT
Veteran
And1: 2,777

Post#23 » by EFF3KT » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Someone prove him wrong that we aren't a worthy candidate for the worst team in the league.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#24 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm surprised if he's still a Raptor in 2013.
BorisDK1
Assistant Coach
And1: 240

Post#25 » by BorisDK1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Jay240 wrote:Yeah he's right. But I also suspect something being lost in translation. We have probably the worst luck with injuries. The worst schedule thus far. I don't think Bargnani is going to blatantly disrespect the team like that.

He blatantly disrespects the game of basketball every time a loose ball rolls by his feet, every time he watches an opposing player attack the paint and does nothing, every time he refuses to give effort on the boards and every time he refuses to compete at a high level - all of which is a frequent occurence.

Nothing he ever says will ever compare with what he does, insofar as disrespect is concerned.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#26 » by West Rouge » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Can't argue with him. It's not his fault we suck. He should have been a small piece of the puzzle. BC thought he make him a centerpiece. He obviously wants out. And I dont blame him. He has been expected to do too much outside of his skillset.

But that the GM's job to evaluate.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#27 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket
Andrea Bargnani on Lakers rumor: 'I've never been coached by D'Antoni. So, I don't have an opinion'
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,574

Post#28 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 pm

I've always liked Bargnani's honesty.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#29 » by grumpwalter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:02 pm

This just seals the deal, Bargnani is now officially a cancer.
racingdynamics
Junior
And1: 7

Post#30 » by racingdynamics » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Pchu wrote:And this is news?

Its not as binary as you put it. He represents the franchise at the moment, and you just dont say things like "our team is the worst in the nba". It's a defeatists mentality. Like others have said, you can spin it like "We are better than our record shows".

Either way, let Primo say what he wants. He's no longer a mystery. It's been 7 years now and it's too late for him to be a mystical Dirk waiting to break out. He's a charmin soft, and disinterested in the fundamentals of the game.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Ed Davis lead this team on a 5 game win streak just to stick it to Primo.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#31 » by Big Shot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:04 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:I've always liked Bargnani's honesty.

About those complicated things he did on the court?
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#32 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Andrea is awesome lol
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Bargnani's interviewer, @dchinellato, told him that in LAL he would play with Howard, a dominant center which could be what Bargnani needs

His response:

Andrea Bargnani: 'I'm having my career and improving year-by-year. It's the team that needed a dominant center more than I do'
Meursault
Starter
And1: 1,037

Post#34 » by Meursault » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm

everything that he said is true.

i'm just disappointed that he didn't acknowledge any personal responsibility in the current state of affairs, let alone what he needs to do to rectify the problem
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#35 » by grumpwalter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

racingdynamics wrote:
Pchu wrote:And this is news?

Its not as binary as you put it. He represents the franchise at the moment, and you just dont say things like "our team is the worst in the nba". It's a defeatists mentality. Like others have said, you can spin it like "We are better than our record shows".

Either way, let Primo say what he wants. He's no longer a mystery. It's been 7 years now and it's too late for him to be a mystical Dirk waiting to break out. He's a charmin soft, and disinterested in the fundamentals of the game.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Ed Davis lead this team on a 5 game win streak just to stick it to Primo.

we should just suspend Bargnani indefinitely for those comments.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Meursault wrote:everything that he said is true.

i'm just disappointed that he didn't acknowledge any personal responsibility in the current state of affairs, let alone what he needs to do to rectify the problem

As if on cue:

Andrea Bargnani: 'If I play bad it is my problem but If Raptors lose each year then it's several people's problem.'
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,053

Post#37 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

BorisDK1 wrote:
Jay240 wrote:Yeah he's right. But I also suspect something being lost in translation. We have probably the worst luck with injuries. The worst schedule thus far. I don't think Bargnani is going to blatantly disrespect the team like that.

He blatantly disrespects the game of basketball every time a loose ball rolls by his feet, every time he watches an opposing player attack the paint and does nothing, every time he refuses to give effort on the boards and every time he refuses to compete at a high level - all of which is a frequent occurence.

Nothing he ever says will ever compare with what he does, insofar as disrespect is concerned.

Boris, you have a lot of posts on this board, but I think this one tops them all.

I was a at game against the Magic early in Bargs' second, or maybe third season when they were blowing us out in our own building. A loose ball just rolled lazily by Andrea's feet, and he didn't deign to reach for it. A murmur went through the ACC, the first stirrings of a boo. That's what's great about seeing games live - sometimes the crowd emotions are palpable.

This situation has a Yunel Escobar type feel to it. I hate to go all McCown-y, but Bargs cannot be allowed to wear a Raptor uniform again.
PdiC
Senior
And1: 395

Post#38 » by PdiC » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Well, it's true....Not gonna sit well with his teammates though.

Im sure they must feel it as well.

Has a player from the Wiz / Bobcats every came out and publicly stated the same thing? How did it go over with the team?
"Easy woman. Easy. Don't make Leo slap you around again. Don't make Leo lay another beating on you. Don't make me call my friend Kobe". It was nice to know that I had not only Leo Rautin's back on this one, but also Kobe Bryant's.
rapsanity
Banned User
And1: 760

I've never hated a player more 

Post#39 » by rapsanity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Then Andrea Bargnani. He just has that face you want to knock out (always looking confused).

I hope we trade him and he plays crappy and is ridiculed by his new team.

At this stage, trade that POS for ANYONE
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#40 » by pkiskool » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Wow... Bargs has the balls for sure.
He is quickly escalating to VC level.

Return to Toronto Raptors