ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA 

Post#81 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Get it straight: SECOND WORST TEAM!

What an a hole...
sig by TZ
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#82 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't mind the comments either. Reading between the lines, sounds like he'd probably welcome a trade.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#83 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:02 pm

It's bad PR, but in all honesty we aren't the ones that should be concerned about it. Casey/Bryan/and the entire team should be the only ones concerned. I do find the Howard comments interesting though.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#84 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:I don't mind the comments either. Reading between the lines, sounds like he'd probably welcome a trade.

It's clear, whether he admits it or not, that he's as sick of the losing and being blamed for it, as many fans are of him. The thing ism he can get a new team. he's gonna leave, we're still gonna suck and be even worse if we don't get good value.

Our record is pretty close to worse team in the league isn't it? At least the Wiz will get John Wall back at some point.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,590

Post#85 » by HangTime » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:03 pm

We're the worst team GB wise.
We're the 2nd worst % wise. Washington has worst.

Detroit will be playing game 25 tonight
Toronto plays game 24 tonight.
Wizards play game 20 tonight.
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#86 » by Illuminati_ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Death Knight wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:
Meursault wrote:everything that he said is true.

i'm just disappointed that he didn't acknowledge any personal responsibility in the current state of affairs, let alone what he needs to do to rectify the problem

As if on cue:

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket
Andrea Bargnani: 'If I play bad it is my problem but If Raptors lose each year then it's several people's problem.'

LOL! Makes no sense.

And why do we need him anyways? If a player plays bad, then it lowers the team's chance of winning, especially if that player plays significant minutes, he will affect the outcome of games.

It makes a lot of sense. He's been the scapegoat for years due to BC's faulty roster and him being the best player so it comes with the territory. However you rarely here Derozan/Jose and part of the problem this year. Its squarely been placed on the shoulders of Bargnani. What he is saying is he'll take responsiblity for his play and how detrimental it is to the team but he isnt the only player on the roster.

There was nothing wrong said here at any part as well. THe hate for the man at this point is disgusting. I dont believe 90% of you guys read this thread...yall just responded with your eyes wide shut. He mentions how in the preseason he bought into the team philisophy and them winning but once the season came the wheels fell off and now they're the worst team in the league.

Go check the standings as well, we are the worst team in the league. He's clearly disappointed with managment and he implies he isnt the only one. Believe me we can all see the team plays with absolutely no trust. Even with him out of games there isnt the chemistry needed to win nba games. Maybe the team gave up on the coach or the losing got to the team morale. But barg just is telling it like it is right now. There is nothing wrong with what was said.
Jambo
Pro Prospect
And1: 233

Post#87 » by Jambo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:05 pm

BorisDK1 wrote:
dagger wrote:I seriously doubt he's back on this team next season - things reach a point where a parting is the best thing for all concerned. But a lot of people use him to cover up their unwillingness to single out other problems with the team because maybe it runs counter to their hopes for that player.

That's true. If Bargnani were to fall off the face of the earth today, we still wouldn't be a playoff team or really close to it (unless Fields plays really well when he gets back). Slightly improved, perhaps, but not by a significant amount.
The most interesting thing in his comments is the lack of trust among the players, and that begs the question, WHY? I'm sure his poor play is part of it, but that doesn't explain why we don't play with a whole lot of trust when he's out. Increasingly, the spotlight is going on Lowry for his hard headedness. Wolstat did a piece on that today.

Interesting read on that issue. Koreen was pretty clear that the bulk of that meeting was fixated on Bargnani (as well as it should have been after that game, and the lack of effort he exerted on the court that night). Not to say that Lowry doesn't need to be reigned in a little, but let's not pretend that this was a merry old ship floating along until Kyle Lowry got here and upset everybody's apple cart.

Mind you, if I were Lowry I'd respond by asking which of the useless wing players we have we're supposed to be relying upon to relieve me of a significant share of the offense. But that's just me.

Lowry is shooting in the low 30's since his first 3 games so if i were him i'd keep my mouth shut .

You're right our wings are crap and imo changing our system to make DD the go to guy is the main reason this team has won so few games this year .
ballocks
Junior
And1: 156

Post#88 » by ballocks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

I feel like I'm following an election these days- fans and media spinning random, seemingly benign comments to support their vengeful, predetermined conclusions. Hell, I'm reaching my tipping point! :)

The "depressed" comment, and specifically the uproar that followed, is just... baffling. I still don't get it, especially since we're talking about an Italian whose English vocabulary is, well, exactly as limited as you'd expect. It's not even a remark that could be seen as racist or chauvinist or prejudiced- yet somehow "depressed" is a polarizing, if not politically incorrect term too? And here he is saying that we're the worst team in the league (which could be meant in a variety of contexts) and yet the same people who've been making the same point in public forums are now up in arms about it?!?! Some of us are seriously out of control, I've never seen it quite like this. Where is this coming from? I don't get it. So sensitive. Feels like we're acting out a Hannah Montana script. We need to put a cap on the venom already imo. I'm not sure who this is helping.

Rest assured, Bargnani's time in Toronto is done- whether moved tomorrow, when he gets healthy, or at the deadline- just get a grip, y'all.

peace
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#89 » by Snooch » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:I don't mind the comments either. Reading between the lines, sounds like he'd probably welcome a trade.

Can't say that I blame him, looking at the last 3 years of this team, even just on paper in the preseason, you could see it was just **** on top of ****.

This whole organization is in shambles......
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#90 » by Spragga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Its going to be really weird when BC finally trades him and then starts ripping him like he does all our players who leave on a bad note.

But if Bargs is gonna throw shots at BCs ability to put together a decent team BC is gonna go for the throat once he's gone.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#91 » by Indeed » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:08 pm

3thomas wrote:I find his statement more damning to BC. He is honest and I do feel for him he was mishandled by his country man Maurizio and Co. He is not will not be what they wanted him to be, that should have been clear as daylight by year 4 or 5. To continue the course with him as a centre piece was just not right neither tot he franchise nor to him. Worse is now he feels the team surronding him was never up to par. BC, again with his unrealistic expectations on these players, with Demar, with JV and.

More towards MLSE. And pretty clear no players want to play for the Raptors. Even you throw big money at Nash, he doesn't want to come. This franchise or owner has a big problem, and it seems players around the NBA knows about it.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#92 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Anyone else felt like he took a shot at Jonas with the center comment?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#93 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't think he cares what you think about it. If you want to find something to hate about his comments you will. If you don't you won't. but what he said was true, and he wasn't skirting his responsibility. He's just saying he's responsible for his play, but when a team has been bad for four years in a row, that's not all on him. If he didn't feel like that was being put on him, I don't he would have mentioned it. He's not the one the lacked the dominant Center it needed, it was the roster that lacked that. Even an indifferent guy like Bargs is only going to take so much before he starts giving it back.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#94 » by Bankai » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Thank you for leading the Raptors to become the worst team in the NBA, Bargnani. Now you can GTFO!
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#95 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Anyone else felt like he took a shot at Jonas with the center comment?

No, becasue I think the interviewer was framing it about playing with Dwight in LA, I think. And Jonas isn't a dominant Center.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#96 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Spragga wrote:Its going to be really weird when BC finally trades him and then starts ripping him like he does all our players who leave on a bad note.

But if Bargs is gonna throw shots at BCs ability to put together a decent team BC is gonna go for the throat once he's gone.

You're kidding me right? Bryan will likely cry and won't even be able to speak. It will look more like a funeral then a press conference.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#97 » by Snooch » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Bankai wrote:Thank you for leading the Raptors to become the worst team in the NBA, Bargnani. Now you can GTFO!

Its not on Bargnani.

Its on BC/MLSE
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,590

Post#98 » by HangTime » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Spragga wrote:Its going to be really weird when BC finally trades him and then starts ripping him like he does all our players who leave on a bad note.

If he trades Bargs, he'll risk losing his free Italian Suits.
BorisDK1
Assistant Coach
And1: 240

Post#99 » by BorisDK1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Illuminati_ wrote:Go check the standings as well, we are the worst team in the league. He's clearly disappointed with managment and he implies he isnt the only one. Believe me we can all see the team plays with absolutely no trust. Even with him out of games there isnt the chemistry needed to win nba games. Maybe the team gave up on the coach or the losing got to the team morale. But barg just is telling it like it is right now. There is nothing wrong with what was said.

The team doesn't trust him, that's for damned sure. He doesn't communicate defensively, he doesn't play with effort, he's been ineffective and disinterested at one time. He certainly hasn't earned anybody's trust, that's for sure.

And, not to point this out too harshly, but it seems that the hatred towards him on this board is at least in part shared by a significant amount of his teammates. There's a reason they all told him off after the Utah game (with Lowry getting a much smaller earful). While losing is affecting team morale, his play in particular is also infuriating his teammates. He is certainly a big part of the problem. He's not the extent of the problem, but he is a big part of it.

For him to go yapping about how bad the team is without one word about how bad he has been or how he has hung his team out to dry with his disspirited play shows a complete lack of self-awareness. That's fine; I expect that from him. (Awareness never was that boy's strong suit.) But how people on here miss the fact that he fails to detect any problem in his own game is a bit mystifying.
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#100 » by Yoga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:16 pm

why22 wrote:This situation just screams Hedo Turkoglu to me. When this fool is traded I'm buying tickets to the game against him to boo the crap out of him

lol the Hedo situation was worse. At that time Turk was 30-31 and BC inked him to a 5 year deal. We were lucky to trade him to Phoenix

Return to Toronto Raptors