ImageImageImageImageImage

Grange: BC won't be fired anytime soon (Update: Pg 3)

Moderators: niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX

Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Re: Grange: BC won't be fired anytime soon 

Post#21 » by Dr Octagon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Sad day.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#22 » by fredericklove » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm

I can just see that smirk on his face right now. So evil.
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#23 » by Indiana Jones » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

he doesn't deserve any more time or freedom with this team. he's proven incapable of building a winner, and he mortgages our future to win now...and that ain't going so well. he needs to be shown the door and booted in the buttocks on the way out..
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#24 » by Alfred » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:Maybe they've decided instead to handcuff him for the remainder of the season and clean house in the off-season.

I'd probably rather clean house now, but the scenario I described above might be preferable to putting Ed Stefanski in charge.

What makes me nervous is him somehow using his silver tongue to convince the board into making another win-now move.
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#25 » by sycammer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

disappointing to say the least.

:roll: :banghead: :waaa:
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
AndreasLeftCalf
Analyst
And1: 3,895

Post#26 » by AndreasLeftCalf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

sigh. i dont even trust him for the remainder of this year this guy is a disaster
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PBI
Junior
And1: 13

Post#27 » by PBI » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I think Colangelo is well-liked within the organization, so I don't think they want to fire him. Rather, they'll probably just let his contract expire, as I said before...

But, OTOH, what if they give him every opportunity to make this team's future look a lot better than it does right now between now and the end of his contract?

They can think whatever they want about him, the point is, in a few weeks it won't matter because Casey will be fired or Colangelo will be forced to resign.
Olufsen
Junior
And1: 29

Post#28 » by Olufsen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

time to stop the #FireBC movements now...

..and start the #GTFOBC revolution.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,714

Post#29 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Not sure how bad things really have to be, but I would be incredibly surprised if he is kept on after this season. At this rate, I just can't see it happening. I can live with him for the rest of the year though. Just keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't muck things up even further.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,207

Post#30 » by LLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I wish it was Doug who said this.

That said, I don't trust Grange much these days either.

I think I'm gonna cry. BC is like Don Draper.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#31 » by Big Shot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I think Colangelo is well-liked within the organization, so I don't think they want to fire him. Rather, they'll probably just let his contract expire, as I said before..

That's what I heard days before GG got fired.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,633

Post#32 » by Zeno » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 pm

LLJ wrote:I wish it was Doug who said this.

That said, I don't trust Grange much these days either.

I think I'm gonna cry. BC is like Don Draper.

Explain. Don Draper was good at his job.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#33 » by J-Roc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm

This won't last. Not unless this team starts winning. But without Bargs and Lowry, and Landry Fields, they could keep losing and I feel a revolt coming on.

Fans were only sort of holding back last game because they were competitive. Do the Raps have it in them to compete every night...
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,207

Post#34 » by LLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Zeno wrote:[

Explain. Don Draper was good at his job.

Don is also too clever to be killed by his corporate rivals. I'm beginning to think BC plays the corporate game better than anyone.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#35 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Grange follows with a big column on everything affecting the Raptors:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2012 ... rs_future/

Those who see the embattled general manager as the source of the team's woes can relax or start throwing things at the television, which ever suits them: Colanglo isn't going to get fired, at least not any time this season.

"You can't come in and move Colangelo, not right now," said one source with knowledge of ownership's thinking. "For one thing, who is telling you to move him? Who makes that decision? They are prepared to weather the storm right now until they can get someone in there that can recommend the path they need to take, one way or the other. You need someone there that can give ownership that insight, you can't panic."

Which is another way of saying there is a leadership void at MLSE. This is no disrespect to Tom Anselmi, a good soldier now in the role of president and CEO of a $2-billion sports, entertainment, real estate and media company.

But there have been rumours the new ownership group has been in the market for someone better positioned and qualified to navigate the issues of building winning teams and the challenges of running a profitable business.

An example is the way Paul Beeston the Toronto Blue Jays president and CEO, who speaks the language of baseball and business equally well, has created space for Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos to assemble an organization from the ground up, with Beeston taking bullets from the public at times and rattling the cage with ownership at other times.

I recommend everyone read the whole column. Goes on to basically advocate tanking for Wiggins, but also pleads with ownership to identify some kind of direction.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Post#36 » by God Squad » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 pm

lol, This actually made me sad.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,779

Post#37 » by James_Raptors » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

God Squad wrote:lol, This actually made me sad.

Agreed.
...sounds like a shaky foundation.. at.the.top. even though that doesn't make much sense when you say it out loud.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
ThereIsNoSpork
Banned User
And1: 1,482

Re: Grange: BC won't be fired anytime soon (Update: Pg 3) 

Post#38 » by ThereIsNoSpork » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 pm

:(
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Re: Grange: BC won't be fired anytime soon (Update: Pg 3) 

Post#39 » by J-Roc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Poorly written article by Grange. People knock the doug for posting articles that haven't been proofread.

Not only that, but as usual the media doesn't want to fault Colangelo. Think about this. Bryan Colangelo, two time Exec of the Year, needs a "Paul Beeston" above him directing the ship... If BC isn't cut out to be any more than Alex Anthopolos he needs to gtfo.

As for Wiggins, Grange pulls the usual media tactic of pointing out something the Raps could do, but points out they maybe shouldn't do it....so essentially he just sets himself up to be right no matter what happens. Straight out of the J-Roc playbook.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,850

Post#40 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm not surprised and him becoming President only and Stephanski the GM could be how this all plays out. MLSE wants the short cut to the playoffs and BC is the guy with the shortcut DNA. He would most certainly take lousy draft Shabazz over a shot at Wiggins without a doubt. They don't like riding in coach and they can't sell "cheap" to the crowd that buys and vacates the VIP lounge seats and corporate boxes. Grunwald probably got canned for taking on Donyell and Jalen and having no flexibility not too mention be ever present in an eroding VC situation. At the very worst BC is going to have Jose/Kleiza or Jose/Amir coming off the books. If he amnestied Amir I'd fire him on that alone. It is Kleiza or Bargs if you can't deal him.

Return to Toronto Raptors