ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors establish a winning culture

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raemizzle
Sophomore
And1: 69

Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture 

Post#61 » by Raemizzle » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:43 am

I FEEL GOOD!
Props to the amazing TZ
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#62 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:43 am

I still can't believe we won. It hasn't hit me yet.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#63 » by Kabookalu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 am

Let me put context to this post with the face posting this:

Beardman wrote:Image
That first asian girl looks average as hell. Im convinced some of you guys are in your early teens :lol:
Read on Twitter
Olufsen
Junior
And1: 29

Post#64 » by Olufsen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 am

Tomorrows headline:
BC scraps Bargs trade after Raptors establish winning culture.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#65 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 am

Tha Cynic wrote:Good defensive game, but they played horribly on offense. If they plan on letting Kleiza jack up shots from 5 feet behind the 3 point line, they're going to lose 75% of their games like they have been. They established something good last game and to start off this game. Get the ball to freakin' Ed Davis and work from the post. The guy is making some nice passes. Deviating from that and winning because of Kleiza's fluke game does nothing to improve the team in the future. I hate games like this, because it's no different than when Bargnani goes off on one of his random hot shooting nights, with nothing more than shots being jacked up from the perimeter. I hope Casey starts to play the players who need to be played. Next game Kleiza will go 1-7 from 3.

Yah, exactly. Our offence was poor even with Kleiza's fluky shooting (95 points on ~94 shots), so think what it would have been if he was playing closer to his norm. Davis has played really really well. And Val has shown some nascent ability in the post. Play through them; play better in a potentially sustainable way and develop them at the same time.
Phalosopher
Junior
And1: 11

Post#66 » by Phalosopher » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am

Beardman wrote:That first asian girl looks average as hell. Im convinced some of you guys are in your early teens :lol:

Seconded :lol: majority of the dudes in this forum "yeen bout dat life" :lol:

Correction...damn spellchecker :D
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#67 » by J-Roc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am

Tha Cynic wrote:Good defensive game, but they played horribly on offense. If they plan on letting Kleiza jack up shots from 5 feet behind the 3 point line, they're going to lose 75% of their games like they have been. They established something good last game and to start off this game. Get the ball to freakin' Ed Davis and work from the post. The guy is making some nice passes. Deviating from that and winning because of Kleiza's fluke game does nothing to improve the team in the future. I hate games like this, because it's no different than when Bargnani goes off on one of his random hot shooting nights, with nothing more than shots being jacked up from the perimeter. I hope Casey starts to play the players who need to be played. Next game Kleiza will go 1-7 from 3.

Glad someone else saw what I saw. I was so pissed tonight. We couldn't get the ball inside,and we have Alan Anderson taking tough shots. I look on the court to see who can post up, and I see Kleiza playing as our 4. And where is he on the court? BY DESIGN, he's out on the perimeter. Wtf was that?? Dwane Casey is such an amateur coach.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,132

Post#68 » by duppyy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am

Chaos Engine wrote:post a black girl for once. Always whites or asians, need some sistas in here.

Is this ok? lol
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#69 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am

mirrornick wrote:I still can't believe we won. It hasn't hit me yet.

Lol, I love your sig.
ballercb4
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#70 » by ballercb4 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 am

This is for our win

Major Giz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,308

Post#71 » by Major Giz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 am

Omg, Jennifer Hedger looks drained of blood.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#72 » by Strategist1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 am

Maybe Casey was instructed not to play Ed too much as he could have made Bargnani feel more depressed.

You're right though. Kleiza was lucky tonight; he was dropping some LONG range bombs. It fell tonight but it won't happen every night. Kleiza took Bargs' place tonight; shots just fell.

I'd like Casey to focus on posting our guys up... Valunciunas, DD, and Ed should be looked upon to work the post. They provide the highest % shots.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#73 » by Undefeated » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 am

- 3 assists by Ed with a couple of nice read and react finding the open man for the triple. Mavs flashed a double with Ed in the post and he makes the perfect read keeping his head up when he takes that one back down dribble into an undersized Dahntay Jones hitting Calderon for the wide open 3 across court with a skip pass. I don't think Ed's going to be a threat to draw the double-team on a nightly basis especially when they were playing against an undersized Mavs team, nonetheless the dynamic of the offense changes when there's a reliable post scorer that can be depended on to make those turn around hooks consistently. His drop step is deadly. Dude seems to get score pretty easy whenever he makes that big drop step to the baseline.

- Pietrus with the wicked and-1 layup. Shooting through the gap and adding backspin on the ball high off the glass to get it to drop. He still sucks, though lol.

- Raptors suck at countering against the 2-3 zone defense. They ran the high screen-and-roll which was a good start to force the defense to converge when the roll man dives, but there's no motion from anyone else from the wings/corner with those spots vulnerable to misdirect the defense as they have their back to moving bodies when the screener hasn't even slipped. Need some staggered screens and curls. And Calderon needs to make those shallow cuts when he passes off that ball to the wing. Too many times he just stands up top after getting rid of the ball. It was a 20 point win, so not going to complain much, but he needs to make those UCLA/shallow cuts because those are easy points that the team needs to add on the board. I think the Mavs forced a couple of turnovers on those possessions. Easy for them to defend when everyone was at a stand still.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#74 » by DonMega » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 am

Val had a horrible game overall, ross wasn't bad. Every time he is about to attempt a 3 i cringe.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#75 » by DG88 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 am

I'll take a win and we won by playing with effort and playing together. Just goes to show how much of a difference there is when you have two bigs that play hard in the paint and actually rotate on D.
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,276

Post#76 » by orbesnet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 am

just listened to Casey's post-game.... he is not well spoken, comes off a bit absent.... is he all there?
Pascal to the future.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#77 » by Strategist1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am

Casey has to choose between AA and Ross. Ed needs his minutes. No point playing Kleiza and AA at the same time.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#78 » by SaveTheHens » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am

Couldn't watch it but seems like it was a nice game. People thinking we should include T-ross with Jose/Andrea for anyone should hold that thought. He has some nice potential and I love it when his dunks make the highlights. Him, along with Derozan, Val and Ed have kept me having a little bit of hope for the future of this team.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#79 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am

Phenomenologist wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:Deviating from that and winning because of Kleiza's fluke game does nothing to improve the team in the future. I hate games like this, because it's no different than when Bargnani goes off on one of his random hot shooting nights, with nothing more than shots being jacked up from the perimeter. I hope Casey starts to play the players who need to be played. Next game Kleiza will go 1-7 from 3.

Yah, exactly. Our offence was poor even with Kleiza's fluky shooting (95 points on ~94 shots), so think what it would have been if he was playing closer to his norm. Davis has played really really well. And Val has shown some nascent ability in the post. Play through them; play better in a potentially sustainable way and develop them at the same time.

OTOH, we could spend the balance of this lost season getting some cheap wins in the process of building up the trade value of Kleiza et al., trade them for 2014 draft picks, lose our #10 or so 2013 lottery pick to OK, and then really uh, "develop the youth" in the 2013-2014 season.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#80 » by Geddy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 am

Strategist1 wrote:Casey has to choose between AA and Ross. Ed needs his minutes. No point playing Kleiza and AA at the same time.

AA doesn't bring much when his shot isn't falling. I'd rather he stuck with Ross to let him develop.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually

Return to Toronto Raptors