ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors establish a winning culture

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HinduKush
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture 

Post#141 » by HinduKush » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am

Choker wrote:Bargnani's victory girl

Now we really know why Bargnani doesn't want to win
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#142 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 am

Guys lets calm it with the women judging its just weird
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,521

Post#143 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 am

Back from the RealGM penalty box...

I love the way the team has played the last 2 games. I dunno, it might more the Lowry factor than the Bargnani one. Or just going home. But it's nice to see actual passing.
Ian4
Starter
And1: 381

Post#144 » by Ian4 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:18 am

Holy **** the raptors actually won lulz the one game i miss :lol: .
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#145 » by JV4MVP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:23 am

J-Roc wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:Good defensive game, but they played horribly on offense. If they plan on letting Kleiza jack up shots from 5 feet behind the 3 point line, they're going to lose 75% of their games like they have been. They established something good last game and to start off this game. Get the ball to freakin' Ed Davis and work from the post. The guy is making some nice passes. Deviating from that and winning because of Kleiza's fluke game does nothing to improve the team in the future. I hate games like this, because it's no different than when Bargnani goes off on one of his random hot shooting nights, with nothing more than shots being jacked up from the perimeter. I hope Casey starts to play the players who need to be played. Next game Kleiza will go 1-7 from 3.

Glad someone else saw what I saw. I was so pissed tonight. We couldn't get the ball inside,and we have Alan Anderson taking tough shots. I look on the court to see who can post up, and I see Kleiza playing as our 4. And where is he on the court? BY DESIGN, he's out on the perimeter. Wtf was that?? Dwane Casey is such an amateur coach.

You take what the defense gives you, so with a cluttered zone there's nothing wrong with shooting open 3s. You can't run isos in the post. We also don't have good enough moving/slashing bigs to receive the ball in the paint.

We shot 33% from 3 which is normal and not anything special. It also helped to offensively outrebound Dallas 14-4.

I understand the "start from the post" argument but it can also lead to a stagnant offense. We finally moved the ball well today and there wasn't much hero ball after the 1st quarter. Casey also showed signs of some competence by riding the momentum of the 2nd unit. It was a well played game, sloppy but it worked.
AcesFull
Junior
And1: 6

Post#146 » by AcesFull » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 am

just finished watching the game, expected another disappointing loss...even when the Raptors were up 20 in the 4th, I was still holding my breath. Kleiza with the crazy couple of shots from way down town. He made them, but wtf, if he took those and missed we'd be bashing him for being a stupid chucker. Damn a win feels good, forgot what that was like :)
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#147 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 am

mirrornick wrote:
lucky777s wrote:Not sure that even Bargs could have lost this game for us. DAL just did not show up. Some of the TOs were obscene.

Raps killed them on the boards and did not turn over the ball so even though they shot a horrible percentage they had way more shots than DAL.

It felt like the Raps were playing good on O but when you look at the stats it was only Jose, DD for the starters and Kleiza/Ross off the bench that did all the damage. Not much out of Amir, ED, JVal or Pietrus.

Almost half our shots were threes. 14 O rebounds.

Just one of those games we were going to win no matter what. But it does make our record with and without Lowry look pretty interesting.

The raptors played D the entire game , and they jelled pretty quick. With Bargnani it might have been the other way around.

i'd be thrilled to lose for 2 years so long as bargs is gone and ross and davis are cemented in TO
Walid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,611

Post#148 » by Walid » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 am

All we have to do is go on nice win streaks and we can be back in the playoff hunt. It would be prime if we went on 5 game win streak, lost 1, 3 game win streak, lost another 1, and then 6 game win streak just to get up to speed and get ourselves a nice spot in the playoffs. Oh, an then knock New York out in the first round.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#149 » by zilby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 am

Black Milk wrote:The offense will benefit from lwory's penetration and shot making abilities. I'd like to see him back without Bargs and see what the offense looks like.

Agreed. We've seen Bargs without Lowry, it'll be interesting to see how Lowry runs the offense without Spacenani. Personally I think it will be better.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Jambo
Pro Prospect
And1: 233

Post#150 » by Jambo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 am

i was down at the game tonight and i remember from the last game day thread people talikng about Demars girlfriend and her shrieking . Is see the one sitting beside our indian superfan because i was sitting just behind a girl and she was driving me nuts with her yapping and i was just wondering if that was her
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,497

Post#151 » by dagger » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:52 am

AcesFull wrote:just finished watching the game, expected another disappointing loss...even when the Raptors were up 20 in the 4th, I was still holding my breath. Kleiza with the crazy couple of shots from way down town. He made them, but wtf, if he took those and missed we'd be bashing him for being a stupid chucker. Damn a win feels good, forgot what that was like :)

Casey said it best about Kleiza.

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack
Casey on Kleiza's 20-point night: “Linas had one of his nights. He has one every blue moon and he had one tonight and it looked good."
:lol: :lol:
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#152 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

dagger wrote:
AcesFull wrote:Casey said it best about Kleiza.

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack
Casey on Kleiza's 20-point night: “Linas had one of his nights. He has one every blue moon and he had one tonight and it looked good."
:lol: :lol:

rofl
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#153 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am

Truly devastating win.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#154 » by Double Helix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 am

For the second game in a row we played solid defensively. For the first time in ages we knocked down threes. The only reason Lucas has seen the minutes he has, one of the central reasons we lost close games, and signed Michael Pietrus is because for most of the year we lacked threes. Our team, minus a superstar, is hugely contingent on defence and threes. That's what Casey encourages and what he wants.

Tonight was the first night in a while where both came together in the same game. We had more than 30 points off threes and clogged the paint forcing Dallas to take long shots.

Casey isn't the problem. He just doesn't have the pieces right now to execute offensively. I'm glad they didn't fire him. He's better than this and so are we. The defence has come around under Ed. Now we just need to hope for continued hot shooting to put points up.
ballercb4
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#155 » by ballercb4 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 am

Beardman wrote:What if she's 14 ? freaking sexual deviants, i swear smh :lol:

LOL she don't look 14 here ;) (Kana Tsugihara is 28 years old ;) )

FrozenLeafz
Analyst
And1: 4,086

Post#156 » by FrozenLeafz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am

ballercb4 wrote:
Beardman wrote:What if she's 14 ? freaking sexual deviants, i swear smh :lol:

LOL she don't look 14 here ;) (Kana Tsugihara is 28 years old ;) )

:o
Passing the torch VC15--> CB4--> DD10+KL7--> PS43+FVV23 --> SB4
ImageImage
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#157 » by Hassassin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:10 am

Dan2087
2016 "Beat The Commish" Champion
And1: 5,120

Post#158 » by Dan2087 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

I think Lowry will play better without the franchise on the floor IMO. Im looking forward to seeing him back in the starting lineup with DeRo, Eddy D and Val
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#159 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:14 am

Thanks. I'm still waiting for Ed Davis' and Derozans.

I appreciate you for doing this.
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#160 » by gcsw » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:17 am

I believe 2 out of the wins are without Lowry. Just confirms what I was thinking. They play better without him(and Val). Which is why they were a better team last season.

Return to Toronto Raptors