ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors establish a winning culture

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

SuperBro
Banned User
And1: 4,694

Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture 

Post#121 » by SuperBro » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:32 am

Death Knight wrote:
Macho wrote:We would have won by 40 if we had Barnani's spacing.

This is true. As a matter of fact with Linas launching it from 30 feet tonight Bargnani would have 1 upped him and shot it from 50 feet and scored 4pts each time. Ultimate spacing!

Here's my contribution to victory girls!

Who is that? really cute
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#122 » by Ducksplatt » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 am

Finally. Let's make it 2 in a row.

Nice to see Ross break out so people can get off his back for a few days.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#123 » by Beardman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:36 am

What if she's 14 ? freaking sexual deviants, i swear smh :lol:
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#124 » by Kabookalu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:37 am

Phenomenologist wrote:And, again, what makes you think our system calls for attention to detail (more than any other offensive system) given the statements that Casey has made about his own offence and the way such comments are reflected in our actual play? I just don't see it. Sure, when you're 4-19 and routinely getting blown out, it almost goes without saying that your attention to detail could use work. The reason people were up in arms about BC saying that is because this so-called lack of focus pales in comparison to our lack of talent (vis-a-vis its deleterious impact on our team) and thus his saying it is either a sign that he is completely deluded or that he continues to proudly wear his spin doctor hat. Either way, it's very frustrating to hear as a fan.

I'm not disagreeing that B.C. shouldn't be bomb-blasted for thinking that there are other greater problems outside of Bargnani, but it seems people think that attention to detail is something that he made up on the spot with no merit, but it is a problem, just not as high up there as some other ones. And I honestly can't say if Casey's system reflects Carlisse's perfectly, but there are a ton of things that Casey has taken from Carlisse. A lot of the things that Mavericks fans have complained about Carlisse are the exact ones we're complaining about now, like not giving young talented players a fair shake in favor of veteran players, insistence on 2 point guard lineups, and riding out his players come hell or high water.

And there are a lot of similarities between our offense to theirs. If Casey was placing absolutely no emphasis on attention to detail on his system that is execution based, well he would be an absolute idiot.
Read on Twitter
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#125 » by sanity » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 am

Post-Bargnani era will be a good era of basketball. I think the Raptors will be just fine
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#126 » by Death Knight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 am

SuperBro wrote:
Death Knight wrote:
Macho wrote:We would have won by 40 if we had Barnani's spacing.

This is true. As a matter of fact with Linas launching it from 30 feet tonight Bargnani would have 1 upped him and shot it from 50 feet and scored 4pts each time. Ultimate spacing!

Here's my contribution to victory girls!

Who is that? really cute

Kana Tsugihara

And the rest of you need to stop hating. Never seen a girl stick her tongue out? Not sure what that is, but I'm sure it ain't nothing bad. :D
DA_SCOUT
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#127 » by DA_SCOUT » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

RapsFanInVA wrote:The climb back into the playoff picture begins...now

RAPS IN 4.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#128 » by StopitLeo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

3pt shooting the difference.
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#129 » by Black Milk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 am

Yeah we played good D but we don't win this without Chuckleiza going off for 20 and Ross surprising us with 18pts. The offense will benefit from lwory's penetration and shot making abilities. I'd like to see him back without Bargs and see what the offense looks like.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#130 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQljqMHfu60[/youtube]
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#131 » by Kabookalu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 am

Holy crap didn't even notice Ross had 4 offensive rebounds.

Read on Twitter
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#132 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 am

biggest lol of the night was calderon blocking marion and giving a "f*ck yes"
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#133 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

Choker wrote:Holy crap didn't even notice Ross had 4 offensive rebounds.

I recall two of them we're long rebounds that luckily went right to him in the corner. It was one of those nights...
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#134 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:08 am

Sounds like Ross and LK had good games, though it seems like Ross is still taking too many 3s. How was his D?

Plus any other notables? I missed the game cause finals
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#135 » by Undefeated » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 am

nonc wrote:biggest lol of the night was calderon blocking marion and giving a "f*ck yes"

lol and Marion almost had a poster on Jonas right after
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#136 » by Death Knight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 am

nonc wrote:biggest lol of the night was calderon blocking marion and giving a "f*ck yes"

****!!! Calderon got credited with a whopping 2 blocks!! Are they sure? Might they be confusing a strip with blocks? Who was the other one on?
BallinOnUHomie
Senior
And1: 300

Post#137 » by BallinOnUHomie » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 am

A lot of guys played good d tonight but I would say Ross was one of the better ones. He was real good from what I saw. Made every shot hard on his opponent and hustled.
Tryna spread love not hate. Doing my best to post with loving kindness, compassion, humility. Tryna post with respect, because if I disrespect others, I disrespect myself.

B.V - Lk,C,E,A

R.Sp. R.Int. N.Sland. N.Friv.
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#138 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 am

Death Knight wrote:

****!!! Calderon got credited with a whopping 2 blocks!! Are they sure? Might they be confusing a strip with blocks? Who was the other one on?

Most of the time a strip counts as a block.
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#139 » by lucky777s » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:14 am

Not sure that even Bargs could have lost this game for us. DAL just did not show up. Some of the TOs were obscene.

Raps killed them on the boards and did not turn over the ball so even though they shot a horrible percentage they had way more shots than DAL.

It felt like the Raps were playing good on O but when you look at the stats it was only Jose, DD for the starters and Kleiza/Ross off the bench that did all the damage. Not much out of Amir, ED, JVal or Pietrus.

Almost half our shots were threes. 14 O rebounds.

Just one of those games we were going to win no matter what. But it does make our record with and without Lowry look pretty interesting.
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#140 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am

lucky777s wrote:Not sure that even Bargs could have lost this game for us. DAL just did not show up. Some of the TOs were obscene.

Raps killed them on the boards and did not turn over the ball so even though they shot a horrible percentage they had way more shots than DAL.

It felt like the Raps were playing good on O but when you look at the stats it was only Jose, DD for the starters and Kleiza/Ross off the bench that did all the damage. Not much out of Amir, ED, JVal or Pietrus.

Almost half our shots were threes. 14 O rebounds.

Just one of those games we were going to win no matter what. But it does make our record with and without Lowry look pretty interesting.

The raptors played D the entire game , and they jelled pretty quick. With Bargnani it might have been the other way around.

Return to Toronto Raptors