ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors establish a winning culture

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture 

Post#151 » by dagger » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:52 am

AcesFull wrote:just finished watching the game, expected another disappointing loss...even when the Raptors were up 20 in the 4th, I was still holding my breath. Kleiza with the crazy couple of shots from way down town. He made them, but wtf, if he took those and missed we'd be bashing him for being a stupid chucker. Damn a win feels good, forgot what that was like :)

Casey said it best about Kleiza.

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack
Casey on Kleiza's 20-point night: “Linas had one of his nights. He has one every blue moon and he had one tonight and it looked good."
:lol: :lol:
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#152 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

dagger wrote:
AcesFull wrote:Casey said it best about Kleiza.

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack
Casey on Kleiza's 20-point night: “Linas had one of his nights. He has one every blue moon and he had one tonight and it looked good."
:lol: :lol:

rofl
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#153 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am

Truly devastating win.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#154 » by Double Helix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 am

For the second game in a row we played solid defensively. For the first time in ages we knocked down threes. The only reason Lucas has seen the minutes he has, one of the central reasons we lost close games, and signed Michael Pietrus is because for most of the year we lacked threes. Our team, minus a superstar, is hugely contingent on defence and threes. That's what Casey encourages and what he wants.

Tonight was the first night in a while where both came together in the same game. We had more than 30 points off threes and clogged the paint forcing Dallas to take long shots.

Casey isn't the problem. He just doesn't have the pieces right now to execute offensively. I'm glad they didn't fire him. He's better than this and so are we. The defence has come around under Ed. Now we just need to hope for continued hot shooting to put points up.
ballercb4
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#155 » by ballercb4 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 am

Beardman wrote:What if she's 14 ? freaking sexual deviants, i swear smh :lol:

LOL she don't look 14 here ;) (Kana Tsugihara is 28 years old ;) )

FrozenLeafz
Analyst
And1: 4,069

Post#156 » by FrozenLeafz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am

ballercb4 wrote:
Beardman wrote:What if she's 14 ? freaking sexual deviants, i swear smh :lol:

LOL she don't look 14 here ;) (Kana Tsugihara is 28 years old ;) )

:o
Passing the torch VC15--> CB4--> DD10+KL7--> PS43+FVV23 --> SB4
ImageImage
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#157 » by Hassassin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:10 am

Dan2087
2016 "Beat The Commish" Champion
And1: 5,120

Post#158 » by Dan2087 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

I think Lowry will play better without the franchise on the floor IMO. Im looking forward to seeing him back in the starting lineup with DeRo, Eddy D and Val
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#159 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:14 am

Thanks. I'm still waiting for Ed Davis' and Derozans.

I appreciate you for doing this.
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#160 » by gcsw » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:17 am

I believe 2 out of the wins are without Lowry. Just confirms what I was thinking. They play better without him(and Val). Which is why they were a better team last season.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#161 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 am

but...but...I thought we needed space in order to win. I'm confused.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,051

Post#162 » by carlosey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 am

Lowry doesnt play team basketball and that is what is needed. No one is looking out for his next contract except him. Him and Bargnani were called out in the meeting, both of them were missing tonight, and we played the best 48 minutes this season. Coincidence?
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#163 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:43 am

carlosey wrote:Lowry doesnt play team basketball and that is what is needed. No one is looking out for his next contract except him. Him and Bargnani were called out in the meeting, both of them were missing tonight, and we played the best 48 minutes this season. Coincidence?

I don't know .. Don't forget, we also played against Fisher who couldn't blow by Calderon. We will probably miss Lowry once we start playing teams with good PG's who can walk by Calderon.

I want to see this line up before I dismiss Lowry.

Lowry/Jose
Demar/Peetras
Ross/ Kleiza
Ed/Acy
JV/ Amir

Anyone else agree?
sauga_raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 903

Post#164 » by sauga_raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:45 am

mirrornick wrote:
carlosey wrote:Lowry doesnt play team basketball and that is what is needed. No one is looking out for his next contract except him. Him and Bargnani were called out in the meeting, both of them were missing tonight, and we played the best 48 minutes this season. Coincidence?

I don't know .. Don't forget, we also played against Fisher who couldn't blow by Calderon. We will probably miss Lowry once we start playing teams with good PG's who can walk by Calderon.

Lowry/Jose
Demar/Peetras
Ross/ Kleiza
Ed/Acy
JV/ Amir

Anyone else agree?

I'm with you there. Said the exact same thing tonight
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#165 » by gcsw » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 am

mirrornick wrote:

Lowry/Jose
Demar/Peetras
Ross/ Kleiza
Ed/Acy
JV/ Amir

Anyone else agree?

Last game was against the Nets without Lowry. Deron was 5/16. Jose's defence is not any worse than Lowry. People here need to stop overrating Lowry's defence, which has been non-existent so far.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,164

Post#166 » by niQ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 am

ROBBS wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQljqMHfu60[/youtube]

Niiice. Loved it!
theycallmeZZ
Starter
And1: 2,363

Post#167 » by theycallmeZZ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:13 am

You guys were wondering who fredericklove's victory girl was...

Detective work tells me she is Amy Fay... http://f**kyeahamyfay.tumblr.com switch the censored word with the actual word
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#168 » by Undefeated » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 am

Regression2u wrote:You take what the defense gives you, so with a cluttered zone there's nothing wrong with shooting open 3s. You can't run isos in the post. We also don't have good enough moving/slashing bigs to receive the ball in the paint.

Whenever the defense starts throwing different schemes against the Raptors they always go in shock like it's their first time playing against different defensive coverages. Ed and Amir are great at setting screens backside making those duck-ins away from the ball, but it's mostly the wings that have trouble getting the ball inside to them. Our wings got those sticky fingers when the ball gets to them in the corner and they have a habit of being trigger happy. For instance when the Mavs played the 2-3 zone the Raptors go to their spread pick-and-roll which works perfectly under the condition that the 3 other players MUST move off the ball. I don't remember who was on the floor at the rim, but guys were standing in the corner stationary instead of calling for Ed, Amir or whoever it was for the screen to get to the opposite corner. Basically tied Calderon's hands up and the defense easily converged inside and Calderon got picked off. I'm no fan of Calderon, but his teammates need to help him out a bit. They can't just rely on him to beat his defender which he surprisingly did today against Collision and deliver them the ball like Lowry does.

Also, anyone catch the DEN-MEM game? Gallo with the off the backboard dunk a la T-Mac and JaVale catching/block one of Z-Bo's jumper.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
ZKS_STAL
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#169 » by ZKS_STAL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 am

The dancing gif girl is Amy Fay.

...and for those of you calling her average - LOL @ you.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#170 » by zippy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:31 am

Great game, great show. But if only we can keep this up, they seemed to mesh alot better without Bargs on the floor, seems like he's becoming a cancer to the team. Him and Caldy need to be shipped out asap for both sides, Bargs is a decent player just not on this team anymore.

Return to Toronto Raptors