yardbarker

PG: Raptors establish a winning culture

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Morris_Shatford, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, Alfred

Post#166 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:08 am by niQ

ROBBS wrote:


Niiice. Loved it!
Image
Credits TZ
Norma Wick wrote:Ujiri is no joke, he has a proven track record with picks like Solomon Alabi.
niQ
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,015
And1: 586
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Top

Post#167 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 am by theycallmeZZ

You guys were wondering who fredericklove's victory girl was...

Detective work tells me she is Amy Fay... http://f**kyeahamyfay.tumblr.com switch the censored word with the actual word
Image
VALAN MOR-CIUNAS - ALL CENTRES MUST DIE


"Haters give me them salty looks"
- Lowry
theycallmeZZ

Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,895
And1: 1,333
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Top

Post#168 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am by Undefeated

Regression2u wrote:You take what the defense gives you, so with a cluttered zone there's nothing wrong with shooting open 3s. You can't run isos in the post. We also don't have good enough moving/slashing bigs to receive the ball in the paint.


Whenever the defense starts throwing different schemes against the Raptors they always go in shock like it's their first time playing against different defensive coverages. Ed and Amir are great at setting screens backside making those duck-ins away from the ball, but it's mostly the wings that have trouble getting the ball inside to them. Our wings got those sticky fingers when the ball gets to them in the corner and they have a habit of being trigger happy. For instance when the Mavs played the 2-3 zone the Raptors go to their spread pick-and-roll which works perfectly under the condition that the 3 other players MUST move off the ball. I don't remember who was on the floor at the rim, but guys were standing in the corner stationary instead of calling for Ed, Amir or whoever it was for the screen to get to the opposite corner. Basically tied Calderon's hands up and the defense easily converged inside and Calderon got picked off. I'm no fan of Calderon, but his teammates need to help him out a bit. They can't just rely on him to beat his defender which he surprisingly did today against Collision and deliver them the ball like Lowry does.

Also, anyone catch the DEN-MEM game? Gallo with the off the backboard dunk a la T-Mac and JaVale catching/block one of Z-Bo's jumper.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Undefeated
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 18,467
And1: 2,782
Joined: Mar 17, 2009
Location: Central Florida
Top

Post#169 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am by ZKS_STAL

The dancing gif girl is Amy Fay.

...and for those of you calling her average - LOL @ you.
Image
ZKS_STAL
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,075
And1: 5
Joined: Mar 29, 2009
Top

Post#170 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am by zippy

Great game, great show. But if only we can keep this up, they seemed to mesh alot better without Bargs on the floor, seems like he's becoming a cancer to the team. Him and Caldy need to be shipped out asap for both sides, Bargs is a decent player just not on this team anymore.
zippy
Ballboy
Posts: 38
And1: 5
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
Location: CYYZ
Top

Post#171 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 am by SuperBro

Death Knight wrote:
Macho wrote:We would have won by 40 if we had Barnani's spacing.


This is true. As a matter of fact with Linas launching it from 30 feet tonight Bargnani would have 1 upped him and shot it from 50 feet and scored 4pts each time. Ultimate spacing!

Here's my contribution to victory girls!

Image


Quick lookup says she was born in 1984, so that makes her 28. I don't feel like a perv now.
SuperBro


Banned User
Posts: 7,846
And1: 4,693
Joined: Nov 2, 2012
Location: Vancouver
Top

Post#172 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 am by Edgeworth

Guys guys I got tickets to Raptors @ Magic.

What sign do I bring? :3
Edgeworth
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Top

Post#173 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:50 am by JunkYardSubs

Man NBA is posting a lot of Ross videos. Dude is exciting when he gets to the hoop
Image
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,814
And1: 145
Joined: Apr 23, 2011
Top

Post#174 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:08 am by Dear Leader

Build around Kleiza
Dear Leader
Banned User
Posts: 753
And1: 382
Joined: Jan 9, 2010
Top

Post#175 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am by JJ From Deep

Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL
Image
JJ From Deep
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 741
And1: 127
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Top

Post#176 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:19 am by nonc

JJ From Deep wrote:Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL


i am not who you're talking to, but now that i look i'd say

butterface
nonc
Rookie
Posts: 1,083
And1: 98
Joined: Apr 24, 2012
Top

Post#177 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:20 am by nonc

JunkYardSubs wrote:Man NBA is posting a lot of Ross videos. Dude is exciting when he gets to the hoop


loving it
nonc
Rookie
Posts: 1,083
And1: 98
Joined: Apr 24, 2012
Top

Post#178 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 am by Choker

JJ From Deep wrote:Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL


That's not her is it? Her boobs are bigger than that and she's a lot thicker. Kind of hard to tell. Funny that I actually know her too lol
Danchan wrote:I honestly like Landry more than Demar.

Image
Choker

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 34,999
And1: 7,132
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: California
Top

Post#179 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am by bape_lovers

so we won every game that you created GT? :o

mirrornick wrote:Oh boy I might get banned. I'm 5-1 this season and preseason when I make a game thread.

Sorry folks . I will not create another GT this year
Image

Credit to TZ
bape_lovers

General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,599
And1: 2,815
Joined: Oct 27, 2010
Location: 香港 x Toronto
Top

Post#180 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 am by wootwoot

Nice to see the team playing better the last 2 games. More teamwork shown on both ends of the floor than in previous games. Mavericks played badly tonight, but that is not the only reason we won. We have faced other teams this season that have played badly and still beaten us easily.

Positives I take from the past two games are better teamwork/chemistry, better production from bench, better pace for the team (Run and gun B-ball is not advisable for a team with poor individual defending guards. I think this team is built for a slower pace where running happens only off of open-court & top-of-key turnovers - the slower pace allows you to limit turnovers and long rebounds where half your team is still running towards the opponent's basket, which in turn allows you to set up your defense so you can defend as a team instead of having 1 or 2 individuals back on D), and having the team's best performing players (this season) on the court for significant minutes together. This team will still struggle against more talented teams who play well, but if they play together like they have the last 2 games, their winning percentage will go up.

Also, it was really fun for me to see T-Ross & Demar on the fast break together a few times tonight!
wootwoot
Ballboy
Posts: 20
And1: 1
Joined: Jan 9, 2011
Top

Post#181 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:20 am by Dalek

wootwoot wrote:Nice to see the team playing better the last 2 games. More teamwork shown on both ends of the floor than in previous games. Mavericks played badly tonight, but that is not the only reason we won. We have faced other teams this season that have played badly and still beaten us easily.

Positives I take from the past two games are better teamwork/chemistry, better production from bench, better pace for the team (Run and gun B-ball is not advisable for a team with poor individual defending guards. I think this team is built for a slower pace where running happens only off of open-court & top-of-key turnovers - the slower pace allows you to limit turnovers and long rebounds where half your team is still running towards the opponent's basket, which in turn allows you to set up your defense so you can defend as a team instead of having 1 or 2 individuals back on D), and having the team's best performing players (this season) on the court for significant minutes together. This team will still struggle against more talented teams who play well, but if they play together like they have the last 2 games, their winning percentage will go up.

Also, it was really fun for me to see T-Ross & Demar on the fast break together a few times tonight!


Casey ball should be low turnover, grind it out basketball. It is why I favour us using more low postscoring if we make a trade. Someone like Luis Scola/Millsap would be ideal, but maybe Ed Davis can play the role.
Dalek

Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,410
And1: 333
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Location: "Exterminate!"
Top

Post#182 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:26 am by Gntts

niQ wrote:
ROBBS wrote:


Niiice. Loved it!


I did not hope that Demar would ever pass the ball while driving to the basket. Glad to see him sharing the ball a lot yesterday. The pass to TRoss was not the only one he did make in the situations in which he was almost never passing earlier this year. It is good for the team.
Gntts
Sophomore
Posts: 153
And1: 70
Joined: Nov 1, 2012
Top

Post#183 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:36 am by fredericklove

Choker wrote:
JJ From Deep wrote:Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL


That's not her is it? Her boobs are bigger than that and she's a lot thicker. Kind of hard to tell. Funny that I actually know her too lol


It's her, her original source says Amy Fay. Very very average looking I guess :lol:
fredericklove



Banned User
Posts: 24,573
And1: 6,385
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
Location: Toronto Raptors Playoffs Trauma Treatment Center
Top

Post#184 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 am by fabste

JJ From Deep wrote:Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL


For italian standards she IS average :wink:
fabste
Banned User
Posts: 822
And1: 7
Joined: Mar 1, 2007
Top

Post#185 Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:57 am by Choker

fredericklove wrote:It's her, her original source says Amy Fay. Very very average looking I guess :lol:


Dang she's changed a lot since I've last seen her. Lowkey heard she's been getting caught up in that stardom life that would cause one to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time ahem.
Danchan wrote:I honestly like Landry more than Demar.

Image
Choker

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 34,999
And1: 7,132
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: California
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6moomoo6, andyo, BackseatBoss, basketball420, cammac, Courtside Cynic, Dyabolikal, frumble, giannidemarco, GreatWhiteStiff, hoopjammer, james vincent, JonasVFTW, Kid Canada, Leonardoh, losetowin, markban21, martypython, MVP-, niQ, OakleyDokely, ontnut, pbj, pg16kid, Player23, Rapcity_11, Raps Militia, Raptorfan2012, RaptorsFTL, Susp3ct, TdotRap4Lyfe, TDots_Finest, tecumseh18, Vt_Mc, xprt, ZeriousLy, ®ated