ImageImageImageImageImage

Jonas Injury Update: Out 4-6 weeks!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,752

Re: Jonas Injury Update 

Post#41 » by UcanUwill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:18 am

Kabatnaz wrote:I got torched not a month ago for stating that an increase in minutes could increase the potential in JV getting injured.

I was right.

It was an accident. Has nothing to do with with increased minutes.
Of course more time on the court increases chances of getting hurt on the court. so yeah. :roll:
Kabatnaz
Banned User
And1: 534

Post#42 » by Kabatnaz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:19 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Kabatnaz wrote:I got torched not a month ago for stating that an increase in minutes could increase the potential in JV getting injured.

I was right.

It was an accident. Has nothing to do with with increased minutes.
Of course more time on the court increases chances of getting hurt on the court. so yeah. :roll:

And that was my point. Set. Match.

I win the internet.
losetowin
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#43 » by losetowin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:44 am

I've had this exact injury, I had to take 6 weeks off from sports without the benefit of top-shelf medical staff.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#44 » by Hero » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:48 am

Didn't Wade break a finger last year and played without missing much time with a splint?
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#45 » by lucky777s » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:53 am

Probably 3-4 weeks.

He doesn't shoot J's, so he could tape the ring finger to the longer middle finger and protect it from getting jammed again. But they will still want it to heal for awhile. Young player, shooting hand, you have to be careful.
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#46 » by JohnnyFlame » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:56 am

Ross playing better and better. Davis as well. Everything going right and then this. Sucks! Lazy tits injury had been a total positive until now. Thank goodness he is out for another month or more. Who knows maybe Davis gets a ton of minutes now including closing out games.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,752

Post#47 » by UcanUwill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:57 am

Hero wrote:Didn't Wade break a finger last year and played without missing much time with a splint?

There is a finger, and then there is metacarpal. I can imagine getting by with broken finger, but fractured palm bone is got to be worse.
ballercb4
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#48 » by ballercb4 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:14 am

Most IV Metacarpal fractures take 6-12 weeks for the person to return to playing form and if surgery is required then it takes 12+ weeks...I hope its not that serious and 4-6 is enough recovery time for Jonas...

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#49 » by Jstock12 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 am

Can JV master a lefty 'Kareem Skyhook' in those 6-12 weeks?
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,025

Post#50 » by ItsDanger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:03 am

I fractured the same finger playing ball yrs ago and didnt even know until the next day. He could play with a minor fracture especially on that finger but could risk further injury. Would probably affect his game somewhat, dunking and blocks especially.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#51 » by HSOB SIRHC » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:12 am

Too bad it's on his shooting hand. I could see him getting back sooner if it was his off hand maybe?
Credit to Turbozone
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#52 » by Boogie! » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:24 am

not to say that the injury is a positive necessarily, but hopefully jonas starts to work on his left hand while he's out. i remember the story about jermaine o'neal and how he's a natural lefty but after breaking his arm or hand or something in high school he started doing everything with his right hand and now he shoots with his right. not saying something should happen to this extent but i think being ambidextrous is an impactful yet underrated skill when playing basketball. a lot of players games are hindered simply because they can't use their off hand. i hope jonas is the type of player to recognize this now that he can't do anything with his strong hand and starts working on shots with his left.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
ballercb4
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by ballercb4 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:26 am

ItsDanger wrote:I fractured the same finger playing ball yrs ago and didnt even know until the next day. He could play with a minor fracture especially on that finger but could risk further injury. Would probably affect his game somewhat, dunking and blocks especially.

metacarpal is in your palm not your finger...very different then simple fracture of the phalanges (finger)... he going to need 6 weeks minimum ...if he played I would assume every time he caught the ball it would hurt or cause further injury...
Deuces
Pro Prospect
And1: 488

Post#54 » by Deuces » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSyUIALpSFU[/youtube]

Casey says that he broke his hand? not his finger !! O.o
Thanks TurboZone!

NORTH NORTH!
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,025

Post#55 » by ItsDanger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:50 am

ballercb4 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I fractured the same finger playing ball yrs ago and didnt even know until the next day. He could play with a minor fracture especially on that finger but could risk further injury. Would probably affect his game somewhat, dunking and blocks especially.

metacarpal is in your palm not your finger...very different then simple fracture of the phalanges (finger)... he going to need 6 weeks minimum ...if he played I would assume every time he caught the ball it would hurt or cause further injury...

Thanks, misunderstood. Dont think he can play with a fracture in the palm. He's sitting.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#56 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:01 am

Let's face it, kid will be out for a month+. He gets us a lot of easy baskets. This could only mean one thing. More klieza and that makes me want to puke.
ballercb4
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by ballercb4 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 am

ItsDanger wrote:
ballercb4 wrote:

Thanks, misunderstood. Dont think he can play with a fracture in the palm. He's sitting.

npz lol...sorry If I came across as rude or too direct...Casey says "we are not developing Ross" in that youtube clip kind of scares me...
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#58 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:58 am

Boogie! wrote:not to say that the injury is a positive necessarily, but hopefully jonas starts to work on his left hand while he's out. i remember the story about jermaine o'neal and how he's a natural lefty but after breaking his arm or hand or something in high school he started doing everything with his right hand and now he shoots with his right. not saying something should happen to this extent but i think being ambidextrous is an impactful yet underrated skill when playing basketball. a lot of players games are hindered simply because they can't use their off hand. i hope jonas is the type of player to recognize this now that he can't do anything with his strong hand and starts working on shots with his left.

Yah, I'd say the ability to use your offhand is underrated for bigs. Look at guys like Boozer, who can finish with either hand. Gives them a big advantage. And JV is already a pretty good finisher.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#59 » by Pooh_Jeter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:38 am

Seeing Gray or Kleiza at the 4 makes this injury even tougher to swallow. Jonas V has been struggling as of late, but he is still a much better option than those 2.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#60 » by StatLine » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:50 am

Bring back Rasho

Return to Toronto Raptors