ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#601 » by load management » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Hassassin wrote:
Cipoteman wrote:Doesn't a DeRozan + filler for Danny Granger make sense for both Indiana and Toronto?

Position wise, yes, it works for Toronto. But DeRozan is still rather young (even with all his faults) and Granger is in his prime with an injury history and is coming off a knee injury.

I'd like to see if the Raptors can get him for Jose.

I think Jose is worth more right now. Derozan and his contract will be a scourge, holding Ross back.

SEE: Bargnaini vs. Davis and Calderon vs. various pg's.
**** the Tony Brothers
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,248

Post#602 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Snooch wrote:Been a while since I posted a trade, so here goes...

Denver out:
Iggy, Mozgov

in
Demar, Bargnani

Denver adds the shooter Karl wants and a cheaper replacement for Iggy(although obviously not a good of a talent individually, the talent of Demar and Bargnani together is at least on par with that of mozgov and iggy, probably better)

Utah out:
Millsap

in
Jose, Anderson

Utah adds a much needed pg and gets a good one, also adds a vet presence on the wings on a very cheap deal.

Charlotte out:
Sessions, Henderson, Detroits pick

in
Millsap, Sacramento Second, Toronto Second

Charlotte takes a little bit of a gamble here but gains a great player. If they are willing to pay I am sure Millsap would stay. Jordan gets the bigman he needs.

Toronto out:
Demar, Bargnani, Jose, Anderson, Sacramento 2nd, Toronto 2nd

In:
Iggy, Mozgov, Session, Henderson

Toronto adds a legitimate starting sf and brings Ross to the starting lineup to actually be able to play and grow through mistakes. Mozgov, Session and Henderson all make out bench alot stronger and smarter. Kleiza becomes offseon amnesty target number one.

Lowry/Session/Lucas
Ross/Henderson/Pietrus
Iggy/Fields/Kleiza
Amir/Davis/Acy
JV/Mozgov/Gray

I think I will just stop on the first trade. Bargs and Demar for Iggy and Mozgov sounds pretty sweet.
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#603 » by Cipoteman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Move Demar, Bargs, Hose, Ed, even Ross at a right price, whoever except Val and Amir .

But I want a late lottery or mid first round pick this year so that we could draft Trey Burke.
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#604 » by Ducksplatt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Hassassin wrote:
Cipoteman wrote:Doesn't a DeRozan + filler for Danny Granger make sense for both Indiana and Toronto?

Position wise, yes, it works for Toronto. But DeRozan is still rather young (even with all his faults) and Granger is in his prime with an injury history and is coming off a knee injury.

Why not both? Trade Jose/DD for Granger and Augustin. Work in the trade tracker:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3bxyoy

For Toronto:
It gets DD and his long contract out of Toronto and lets Ross grow into that role
Gives TO a true SF (I know he is injury prone, but when healthy he is pretty good).

For Indiana
Gives them a pass first PG that can come off the bench or start (Hill can slide over to the 2 also)
Gives them a young piece in DD that can grow with P George. George is also a better fit with a DD than anyone on the Raptors roster.
Also removes Granger from the team and truly lets George become the leader.

I doubt Indiana wants to take on DD's contract (though he is still young), and I would think they could get more for him around the league. But maybe this is what Indiana needs for their playoff run....ok, I am grasping at straw on that one.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,587

Post#605 » by HangTime » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Ross and Iggy on the wings would be interesting.

Wonder if Masai would do us a favour.
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#606 » by Homer Jay » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 pm

HangTime wrote:Ross and Iggy on the wings would be interesting.

Wonder if Masai would do us a favour.

I like that deal too, however I still wonder why Denver does it. I know Iggy has struggled to fit in there, and he makes a shyte-ton this year vs. how he is performing (15 mil to put up a 14.0 PER) but he has a team option next year. I think Denver could decline the option and then sign and trade him in the off-season without taking back a deal like Bargs.
konceptonthamic
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#607 » by konceptonthamic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a53nd2j

check this trade out!

Josh Smith and Zaza for Calderon and Bargnani

what do you guys think maybe give ATL a second round pick too?
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#608 » by gamer4Life » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Master Ze wrote:
gamer4Life wrote:Calderon + Fields

for

Lin, Aldrich, Douglas, 2nd round pick

This leaves the Raptors with undoubtedly the worst SF rotation in the league and perhaps the worst in the last decade with an injured Kleiza, washed up Pietrus, and a D-league player in AA.

Aside from that, why would Houston want to give away both their PG's for an expiring in Jose? Leaves them without a backup up PG and a useless Fields since they've already got Parsons, Delfino, and Morris.

Not looking to improve the Raptors, just preparing them for Wiggins next season ;)

Houston has Beverly as PG. Morris is a PF.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#609 » by RapsFanInOhio » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

I strongly doubt DD is going anywhere this soon and I see Calderon and Anderson as most likely to be moved.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
gamer4Life
General Manager

Post#610 » by gamer4Life » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Steve Nash
Ron Artest
Mike D'Antoni

for

Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Landry Fields
Dwayne Casey
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,157

Post#611 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

gamer4Life wrote:Steve Nash
Ron Artest
Mike D'Antoni

for

Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Landry Fields
Dwayne Casey

I decline. I'd rather keep our trash than suffer Dantoni
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#612 » by TheGoodDoctor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 pm

I really only expect only one of Calderon or Lowry to be traded and perhaps a small trade of useless scrubs.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#613 » by sweetcity » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 pm

These are two realistic trades I could see

Linas Kleiza to Detroit for Jonas Jerebko

Jose Calderon + Alan Anderson + John Lucas to Dallas for Beaubois Collison Jones Jones Dallas 2013 1st

Raps

Lowry - Collison - Beaubois
DeRozan - Ross - Jones
Fields - Pietrus - Jones
Ed Davis - Amir - Jerebko
Bargnani - JV - Gray
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#614 » by Hassassin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 pm

rapsfanhere wrote:
Hassassin wrote:

I think Jose is worth more right now. Derozan and his contract will be a scourge, holding Ross back.

SEE: Bargnaini vs. Davis and Calderon vs. various pg's.

If Jose is worth more right now, then I'd like to see the Raptors take advantage of it. I'd also like to see them move Alan Anderson. He should attract some interest around the league since he is on a minimum contract and can be productive in limited minutes.

As for DeRozan, I'm definitely open to moving him. I think the team would be better off trying to get a younger piece as opposed to someone like Granger.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,374

Post#615 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 am

I just dont see BC moving DD. He isnt featuring DD has the face of the franchise and then turn around to trade him before his newly signed contract starts.
gamer4Life
General Manager

Post#616 » by gamer4Life » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:47 am

Landry Fields for Vince Carter.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#617 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 am

gamer4Life wrote:Landry Fields for Vince Carter.

I would do it strictly for the salary dump.

In reality Carter will never and should never play for our franchise again.

It's sad because I believe that with how much an impact Vince had on this organization that we have to retire his jersey just given that it was easily the most special time in our franchise's short history and VC and Raptors almost go hand in hand for other fans when they try to think of our franchise but I really don't know how well that will go. Carter had about one of the coldest breakups you can have with a team...makes me wonder if Dwight Howard will end up the same as him.
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#618 » by carl_english » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 am

konceptonthamic wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a53nd2j

check this trade out!

Josh Smith and Zaza for Calderon and Bargnani

what do you guys think maybe give ATL a second round pick too?

Only if BC is coming.
bigjabroni
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#619 » by bigjabroni » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Calderon (10.5 mil exp) and Johnson (2 years / 13.5 mil) FOR Granger (1 year / 14 mil)

Both teams fill major holes. Indiana gets very little from their guards aside from George Hill. Calderon can play with or behind Hill. Pacers have one of the least efficient offensive in the league and Calderon excels in creating shots for others. They've also seen big drop offs from Hibbert/West to Mahinmi/Hansbrough. Johnson gives them a reliable third big who already has great chemistry with Calderon. The deal also leaves Indiana roughly 15 mil under the cap next year.

Raptors gamble that Granger can return to form for next year. If not, he becomes a 14 mil expiring deal. His shooting would be key when playing alongside Derozan. He's shown in the past hes capable of All-star calibre offence and the Raptors are banking on him doing it again.

Bargnani (2 years / 23 mil) FOR Tyrus Thomas (2 years / 18 mil)

Mostly addition by subtraction. It's obvious teams aren't willing to take on Bargnanis salary and in this case, the Bobcats are paying the difference of 5 million over 2 years in order to give Andrea a change of scenery. The Raptors' modest savings, with a Kleiza amnesty, allow some wiggle room under the cap this summer. In the meantime, they receive a player who's shown flashes in the past and whatever altheticism he brings is a bonus.

With these moves, the Raptors are left with holes at both backup point guard and power forward which are traditionally the easiest positions to acquire in free agency.
Roy's the best player I've played against outside this guy from my hood in Queensbridge, guy named Mike Chaplain. He went to jail when he was 15 years old. He was the best player I played against, now it's Brandon Roy.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,248

Post#620 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:33 pm

2 potential trades:

- Toronto trades Bargnani and Anderson to Boston for Jeff Green + either a low 1st or 2nd round pick. This will assume that Boston is way ahead in the playoff run where they can use Bargs and Anderson's offense. Raptors add another young piece to their core.

- Toronto trades Bargnani and Ross to Sac for Salmons, Evans, and Robinson. Losing Ross hurts but Ross is a Seattle boy and I am sure the new Kings will love having Ross on their team. Bargs may be a good pairing with Cousins (at least skills wise). Kings shed Salmons contract, Evans (we can use his ability to create his own offense) and shed their draft mistake Robinson.

Return to Toronto Raptors