ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#501 » by StopitLeo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 am

nonameguy wrote:I'm reading Charlotte desperate for rebounding, looking to make a uturn, blah blah blah.

I've always been a fan of Ed Davis and hate how Raptors have underused him -- which makes me almost guarentee he's not interested in resigning with us.... so how about dropping him on Charlotte as part of an MKG trade?

I don't mind if Derozan has to be included..

Any way to make a trade like this work? Am I outta line with this thinking? MKG would be great here..

The only players on Charlotte worth trading for are guys they will absolutely not move.
Edumacated
Senior
And1: 404

Post#502 » by Edumacated » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 am

If there is a player in the draft worth taking then perhaps the Raps should pursue Charlotte's 1st rounder.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#503 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:23 am

Edumacated wrote:If there is a player in the draft worth taking then perhaps the Raps should pursue Charlotte's 1st rounder.

I've read that Charlotte is looking to get their own pick back from Chicago, which likely means that they intend to suck for the foreseeable future.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#504 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

Edumacated wrote:If there is a player in the draft worth taking then perhaps the Raps should pursue Charlotte's 1st rounder.

Not to be a jerk but clear this up..

1. CHI owns the rights to CHA's pick (with protection)
nonameguy wrote:I'm reading Charlotte desperate for rebounding, looking to make a uturn, blah blah blah.

I've always been a fan of Ed Davis and hate how Raptors have underused him -- which makes me almost guarentee he's not interested in resigning with us.... so how about dropping him on Charlotte as part of an MKG trade?

I don't mind if Derozan has to be included..

Any way to make a trade like this work? Am I outta line with this thinking? MKG would be great here..

2. MKG is the absolute last player they will part with....it's going to take a lot more than Ed Davis to get him lol
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#505 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:09 am

I wonder if Dallas would trade their lotto pick (currently sitting at 11 or so) to us for Kyle Lowry on draft night. Our new GM might prefer to go that route, and accumulate as many picks as possible.
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#506 » by Greg Stink » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I wonder if Dallas would trade their lotto pick (currently sitting at 11 or so) to us for Kyle Lowry on draft night. Our new GM might prefer to go that route, and accumulate as many picks as possible.

OKC has that pick. Dallas is a great destination for our PGs but they have nothing to offer.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#507 » by Dalek » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 am

I think we need to look at ten day contracts. I'd waive Peaches and pick up Josh Harrellson. I like his toughness and rebounding. He'd be a great back-up C to take a flyer on.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#508 » by ballislife » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am

DeRozan/Calderon/filler (Anderson?)

FOR

Rudy Gay/PG filler(Selby or Wroten?)

That's a deal I see being very possible. The only problem would be BCs attachment with DD after signing him to that extension. If we can do something like this, I think it'd be great for us. I think Rudy, in a role that he's not deferring to 2 big men on O, he'd be an all-star caliber player. He's also clutch. Something that we desperately need. Not to mention that he and Lowry are really good friends.

Memphis would love to have a young SG like DeRozan with an excellent backup PG in Calderon. It sheds salary, makes them a better overall team, and gives them a legit backup PG with a huge expiring contract while guaranteeing a future with DeRozan (after signing the reasonable extension). I think it's a very possible deal, but BC probably hasn't offered DeRozan in the deal. That, to me, is the only obstacle.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#509 » by SaveTheHens » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 pm

ballislife wrote:DeRozan/Calderon/filler (Anderson?)

FOR

Rudy Gay/PG filler(Selby or Wroten?)

That's a deal I see being very possible. The only problem would be BCs attachment with DD after signing him to that extension. If we can do something like this, I think it'd be great for us. I think Rudy, in a role that he's not deferring to 2 big men on O, he'd be an all-star caliber player. He's also clutch. Something that we desperately need. Not to mention that he and Lowry are really good friends.

Memphis would love to have a young SG like DeRozan with an excellent backup PG in Calderon. It sheds salary, makes them a better overall team, and gives them a legit backup PG with a huge expiring contract while guaranteeing a future with DeRozan (after signing the reasonable extension). I think it's a very possible deal, but BC probably hasn't offered DeRozan in the deal. That, to me, is the only obstacle.

I would do it in a second but I don't know if Memphis would. Yeah they want to shed salary but I don't think they're desperate to get rid of Gay, and Gay is a very talented player. They'd probably want us to include a pick or Ed Davis, which I would include. Having Lowry/Ross/Gay could be a pleasure to watch.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,778

Post#510 » by Zeno » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm

insider has a headline speculating Charlotte trading for Bargs. Don't have insider to know what they propose or might have heard. So here are mine.

Short Version.
Bargs and Gray for Biyombo, Diop.

With the option of flipping Jose and Diop to a team for a player on a two year deal plus a good pick or just hold onto Jose and Diop and having a good amount of cap space going into the off-season with the potential for more with amnestying Kleiza.

Long Version
Gordon,Sessions,Biyombo,Diop for Jose,Bargs,Gray,Anderson.

Creates large amounts of cap space for the summer after next.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#511 » by douggood » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Jose + Ed Davis
to Sac for
Hayes + Garcia + Robinson

Robinson being the prize here. He is a rookie and was the 5th pick in the draft. I see a little bit of Al Jefferson in him.

The raptors are in a tough place. If they keep jose and let him expire they end up with apx 8-10 mil cap space, barely more than the MLE. And with that much cap space you can only end up overpaying for a middle level player.

Even with the run the raptors have been recently and all the trouble in Sacramento, the kings are closer to a playoff spot than the raptors.

The trade creates cap space for their move to Seattle plus it maximizes their talented roster for this year. Calderon should be able to make life easier for Cousins, Evans, Thomson and others on that team.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,259

Post#512 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Zeno wrote:insider has a headline speculating Charlotte trading for Bargs. Don't have insider to know what they propose or might have heard. So here are mine.

Short Version.
Bargs and Gray for Biyombo, Diop.

With the option of flipping Jose and Diop to a team for a player on a two year deal plus a good pick or just hold onto Jose and Diop and having a good amount of cap space going into the off-season with the potential for more with amnestying Kleiza.

Long Version
Gordon,Sessions,Biyombo,Diop for Jose,Bargs,Gray,Anderson.

Creates large amounts of cap space for the summer after next.

Sign me up for a Gordon/Sessions/Biyombo, Diop for Jose Bargs Gray and Anderson trade. Keep MJ out of it.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM

Post#513 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm

I'd be interested in the Bargs+Gray for Biyombo+Diop deal. Not interested in trading Jose and Anderson for Gordon though. Luckily MJ probably wouldn't be either.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#514 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Greg Stink wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I wonder if Dallas would trade their lotto pick (currently sitting at 11 or so) to us for Kyle Lowry on draft night. Our new GM might prefer to go that route, and accumulate as many picks as possible.

OKC has that pick. Dallas is a great destination for our PGs but they have nothing to offer.

It's top 20 protected though, which means Dallas is likely to keep their 2013 pick. At that point, could Dallas be allowed to trade their pick?
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#515 » by Cipoteman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 pm

I want Thad Young as our starting PF, and I think that this deal can be done:

- Demar DeRozan + Ed Davis
- Thad Young + Kwame Brown + lottery protected pick

Davis is playing really good, but he is somehow limited (see Boozer's game this week) and I choose Amir over him. It is time to sell high. This would also move Ross to the starting lineup.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#516 » by sweetcity » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Raps Trade - Jose Calderon for Paul Millsap

Raps Trade - Ed Davis + Landry Fields for Thad Young

Lowry
DeRozan
Young
Millsap
Bargnani

Lucas
Ross
Anderson
Amir
Val
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM

Post#517 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

^^ no way I move Ed Davis for Young. Don't think Jose can net us Millsap, but if he could that would be great.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,778

Post#518 » by Zeno » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Would the Lakers go for Gasol for Bargs, Fields?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#519 » by Cipoteman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Zeno wrote:Would the Lakers go for Gasol for Bargs, Fields?

I don't think they'd do that. They don't get better and they don't save much money
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#520 » by sweetcity » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:11 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:^^ no way I move Ed Davis for Young. Don't think Jose can net us Millsap, but if he could that would be great.

You wouldnt take Thad Young for Ed Davis? Young is one of the best 3/4 defenders in the league and scores 15 ppg with no plays run for him. Thats Crazy man, especially when we need a 3

Return to Toronto Raptors