ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#581 » by pspot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

I like Jerebko in the mold of another Amir

wouldn't mind a big man rotation of Val, Davis, Amir, Jerebko
scoring would have to increase from the 2 and 3 though but defensively I like it
nm
Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#582 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 pm

pspot wrote:I like Jerebko in the mold of another Amir

wouldn't mind a big man rotation of Val, Davis, Amir, Jerebko
scoring would have to increase from the 2 and 3 though but defensively I like it

I think JJ is more of a 3 than a 4
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#583 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

waltthewiz wrote:DET Trades:

Jonas Jerebko

TOR Trades:

Linas Kleiza

Jerebko is unhappy with his role and has two years remaining. Kleiza has one year

I liked what Jerebko brought to Detroit his rookie season. Could form a good rotation with him and Landry at SF.

This is exactly the type of spare parts move I expect BC to make nearing the deadline remaining rather then actually doing something to make us better.

Jerebko may find his form here, but he may not.
Even if he returns to rookie form he is just another roleplayer in a sea of them on our roster.

This deal could very well happen as the discussion on draft night was that BC wanted Jerebko from Detroit, now he has his chance.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#584 » by BillyGM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Just noticed this guy is in dleague, could be same hidden gem as Alan Anderson
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQTFyzsNDc[/youtube]
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,320

Post#585 » by douggood » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

I am in the camp of having to take a step backwards, for a chance to take 2 steps forward. We have been a perpetual middling team for the last decade. This new era of nba with the new CBA which limits contracts lengths and has max caps on salary has reduced the trades where teams would dump star players for expiring contracts and potential players. That is what the raptors are built for, there isnt a KG trade(min to bos) on the horizon anytime soon. Trades for stars are now when a player is on the last year of his contract wont resign and essentially dictates what team he would like to be traded to. (melo, dwight, dwill)

Charlotte is potentially interested in trading their pick this year. They also have a few good picks owed to them (det and portland)

Andrea + DD + Davis
For Gordon + Diop + 2013 pick (or both the picks from det and portland)

Serves a few purposes. Clears playing time for Ross, JV, Amir and Acy.
Creates cap room next offseason. Gets us a pick. Plus helps in potentially keeping the pick this year. As things stand right now the raptors equi distance from a playoff spot as to the #1 pick. Lets tank the rest of the season and give us the best chance at a top 3 pick and thus keeping the pick this year.

Furthermore trade calderon for a player with 1 year left on his deal along with a late pick. Players like Biedrins, salmons.

Put all your eggs in potential picks this year + cap space next offseason. Only hope is to play the lottery(draft) enough times to hit the jackpot.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#586 » by WalterCronkite » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

shaneb1990 wrote:bargnani for gasol a good trade?

visit http://torontoraptorsiq.blogspot.ca/

Yet another shameless plug. Tsk tsk.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,490

Post#587 » by bboyskinnylegs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Leolovinliberal wrote:
kingz32 wrote:Would the Nets accept a Dwight Howard + 1st round Draft Pick for Brooks Lopez & Marshon Brooks deal?

Uh.............this is the Raptors trade idea thread.

maybe we're throwing in the 1st round pick
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#588 » by Homer Jay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm

I can't pin down exactly where he might land. But I think we put Jose out there for a first and a similar salary that expires next year, whether that is one player or spread over two. I think that is attainable. There are a lot of top teams that could use a back-up PG, and solid shooter off the bench like Jose.

I think Bargs is out there, but realistically the only thing coming back is a similar player on a bad deal (think Tyrus Thomas). Only advantage is maybe that guy expires a year earlier. I don't expect anything like a first to be included, maybe two seconds at best.

I don't see Lowry being moved this season. Perhaps this off-season at the earliest. I don't think the org has soured on him fully yet. He needs to be given a chance, and that ain't happening as long as we are pumping up Jose's trade value.

I think Ed and Amir's play of late will have teams calling to make offers for them. Maybe something blows away BC and Step and they end up getting dealt. Looking at his salary, I think AA has value around the league, however because it is so low he can't realistically be traded for anybody of note, just guys on second rounder type deals.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#589 » by sweetcity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

I Like Alan Anderson, but if we can use his salary to facilitate a Bargnani trade we should do that. This organization needs to decide what its doing. We either unload assets and develop Ross, Davis and JV and then tank for 2014 or we acquire something for Jose and Bargs that helps us be a fringe playoff team.... one way I just want MLSE to make up their mind
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#590 » by Cipoteman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am

Doesn't a DeRozan + filler for Danny Granger make sense for both Indiana and Toronto?
Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#591 » by Sterling_Archer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 am

Cipoteman wrote:Doesn't a DeRozan + filler for Danny Granger make sense for both Indiana and Toronto?

I would take the risk even if just to get out of Derozan's future 4/40 contract. If granger works out we find our self with a great SF and then with either Feilds moving down to SG or Ross starting add not just more depth in offence but defensively we become stronger.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#592 » by Hassassin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 am

Cipoteman wrote:Doesn't a DeRozan + filler for Danny Granger make sense for both Indiana and Toronto?

Position wise, yes, it works for Toronto. But DeRozan is still rather young (even with all his faults) and Granger is in his prime with an injury history and is coming off a knee injury.

I'd like to see if the Raptors can get him for Jose.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#593 » by TheGoodDoctor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:28 am

We need to flip Lowry for Jennings now.

There is no way Lowry is sticking around with all this bs.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#594 » by DHK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 am

What the Raptors need to do is keep the young assets:
Demar, Ross, Davis, Val, Amir, Lowry

Trade away the vets:
JC, Bargnani, Anderson

Try to get rid of the bad contracts:
Fields, Kleiza

use Gray and JL3 contract as fillers to make deals work.

The fact is, Anderson's value is never going to be higher than it is now. He's essentially nearly peaked as a player and he's be a very valuable player coming off the bench for a playoff team, a lot of team may have interest in him. Bargnani's value is low however if you were to dangle Anderson, or at worst, offer one of our young guys, all of a sudden teams may look forward to taking on that contract.

Kleiza's going to be amnestried, shouldnt even bother unless someone's willing to give us an expiring for him (which wont happen). Fields is likely unmmovable although there will likely be takers for Fields + Anderson, rather than Anderson + Bargnani.

Calderon's a great back up PG to have on nearly any team in the NBA not named the Clippers, and there will likely be high interest in JC in such that teams may offer a small asset or two for a half a season rental of him.

The Raptors are in a hole but there's quite a few avenues that they can explore to dig themselves out of their commitments to the wrong set of players while holding on to the young guys. Likely if all the cards play out correctly, we may end up with only Fields or Bargnani and one of Gray/JL3 as a bad contract on our team and all of a sudden, it doesnt look as bad in Raptor land.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,421

Post#595 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:We need to flip Lowry for Jennings now.

There is no way Lowry is sticking around with all this bs.

Seems like Jennings is thriving under the new coach. Every time I check the papers he has good stats. Also, why would Lowry stick around in Milw either? Of course money talks but it seems risky for the Bucks. I'd definitely do the trade though.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#596 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 am

1) Calderon, Acy to Sacramento for Outlaw, Hayes, Brooks and their 2013 1st rd pick (top 3 protected).

Gets Sacramento to about ~35 mil. in salaries for next season, which is important for a team selling: the less liabilities there are, the better it is for the new ownership.

We obviously get their pick for the upcoming draft, and at this point, I would think a new GM would try to accumulate as many picks as he can so he can build the team with 'his guys', his draft choices.

2) Lowry to Dallas for what could be a lottery pick on draft night

TOR:

Brooks/lotto pick
Ross/Fields
DeRozan/lotto pick
Davis/Johnson
Valanciunas/Hayes

We could have potentially 3 lottery picks (if we keep our pick) in the upcoming draft. I know it's a weak draft & everything, and maybe we decide to flip one (or two) of the picks in 2013 for a 2014 pick on draft night, but nevertheless, this gives the new GM a ton of ammunition to construct a core from these draft choices in one form or another.

And with that, let the 'Suck for Wiggins' campaign commence
endo
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#597 » by endo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 am

WalterCronkite wrote:
shaneb1990 wrote:bargnani for gasol a good trade?

visit http://torontoraptorsiq.blogspot.ca/

Yet another shameless plug. Tsk tsk.

Yet another useless post by someone who is making something out of nothing.

What do you care if the guy posts a link to his blog. The guy is obviously a big fan and is taking his/her own time to write their own blog.

What concern of yours is it that he posts it here? If you don't like it don't clink on the link.

Do you run this site? How does this personally affect you?

Or are you simply a tattle tail complaining to the teacher that little Johnny is reading his comic book instead of doing his homework?

Thanks WalterCronkite" for adding to the negativity of this board. And thanks for drawing me into it and making be look like a moron as well.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#598 » by Mister Ze » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 am

If Josh Smith would agree to sign an extension with this team, offer Jose + Ed Davis + Demar (Or Ross) for Smith + Morrow. Amnesty Andrea in the off-season and build around Val/Smith. J-Smooth is an all-star, a player this team hasn't had since CB4.

Lowry/Lucas
Ross(Or Demar)/Morrow/AA
Smith/Fields
Amir/Bargnani
Val/Gray
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#599 » by StopitLeo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:21 pm

DHK wrote:What the Raptors need to do is keep the young assets:
Demar, Ross, Davis, Val, Amir, Lowry

Trade away the vets:
JC, Bargnani, Anderson

Try to get rid of the bad contracts:
Fields, Kleiza

You know that DeRozan's contract is bad right?

Toronto should trade everyone outside of Jonas and Ross, looking to load up on picks.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#600 » by Snooch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Been a while since I posted a trade, so here goes...

Denver out:
Iggy, Mozgov

in
Demar, Bargnani

Denver adds the shooter Karl wants and a cheaper replacement for Iggy(although obviously not a good of a talent individually, the talent of Demar and Bargnani together is at least on par with that of mozgov and iggy, probably better)

Utah out:
Millsap

in
Jose, Anderson

Utah adds a much needed pg and gets a good one, also adds a vet presence on the wings on a very cheap deal.

Charlotte out:
Sessions, Henderson, Detroits pick

in
Millsap, Sacramento Second, Toronto Second

Charlotte takes a little bit of a gamble here but gains a great player. If they are willing to pay I am sure Millsap would stay. Jordan gets the bigman he needs.

Toronto out:
Demar, Bargnani, Jose, Anderson, Sacramento 2nd, Toronto 2nd

In:
Iggy, Mozgov, Session, Henderson

Toronto adds a legitimate starting sf and brings Ross to the starting lineup to actually be able to play and grow through mistakes. Mozgov, Session and Henderson all make out bench alot stronger and smarter. Kleiza becomes offseon amnesty target number one.

Lowry/Session/Lucas
Ross/Henderson/Pietrus
Iggy/Fields/Kleiza
Amir/Davis/Acy
JV/Mozgov/Gray

Return to Toronto Raptors