ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#81 » by Zeno » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 am

TheFreshPrince wrote:
Zeno wrote:Would people here do Lowry/Bargs for Rondo/Green?

Rob a division rival blind? Yes please!!! :D

It moves Boston under the tax. Lowry has a higher Per than Rondo and a nicer contract. Bargs actually has a higher Per than Green and has a shorter contract too.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#82 » by Leolovinliberal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:36 am

By "people" you mean Raptors fans and (Please Use More Appropriate Word) people? Then yes.
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#83 » by Leolovinliberal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:40 am

Bargs to OKC for Perkins, Liggins and our 1st back

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bx7kpco
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 570

Post#84 » by youreachiteach » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 am

Love that trade Leo...but it would be a HUGE risk team wise for them. They've been able to survive quite nicely without Harden because of the lack of change to the starting lineup+the productivity of Martin....but apparently Perkins has been a major force for stability and team play, and has anchored the defense there. Mix the in the fact they'll be so undersized against LA...it would really be a tough call. Yes, it would open up the purse strings and we know OKC has to stay under the tax... It really depends on whether they ultimately seeing themselves win this year. My vote would be on no, but that's up to Presti. And it would be a tough tough sell until the off-season. I can see it happening after a failed run--but to do anything that takes away a core piece now would be construed as waiving the white flag.

Presti is a forward thinking guy, we can only hope he considers Bargs scoring more important than Perk's d.
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#85 » by Leolovinliberal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:13 am

youreachiteach wrote:Love that trade Leo...but it would be a HUGE risk team wise for them. They've been able to survive quite nicely without Harden because of the lack of change to the starting lineup+the productivity of Martin....but apparently Perkins has been a major force for stability and team play, and has anchored the defense there. Mix the in the fact they'll be so undersized against LA...it would really be a tough call. Yes, it would open up the purse strings and we know OKC has to stay under the tax... It really depends on whether they ultimately seeing themselves win this year. My vote would be on no, but that's up to Presti. And it would be a tough tough sell until the off-season. I can see it happening after a failed run--but to do anything that takes away a core piece now would be construed as waiving the white flag.

Presti is a forward thinking guy, we can only hope he considers Bargs scoring more important than Perk's d.

Thabeet is actually playing "decent" for them, in limited backup minutes.
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#86 » by Leolovinliberal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:30 am

youreachiteach wrote:Love that trade Leo...but it would be a HUGE risk team wise for them. They've been able to survive quite nicely without Harden because of the lack of change to the starting lineup+the productivity of Martin....but apparently Perkins has been a major force for stability and team play, and has anchored the defense there. Mix the in the fact they'll be so undersized against LA...it would really be a tough call. Yes, it would open up the purse strings and we know OKC has to stay under the tax... It really depends on whether they ultimately seeing themselves win this year. My vote would be on no, but that's up to Presti. And it would be a tough tough sell until the off-season. I can see it happening after a failed run--but to do anything that takes away a core piece now would be construed as waiving the white flag.

The OKC board has a thread about how much they hate Perk. lol

viewtopic.php?f=334&t=1219074
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Post#87 » by bonjovi0308 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 am

Leolovinliberal wrote:Bargs to OKC for Perkins, Liggins and our 1st back

I have been thinking something along the line too..maybe..

Bargs and or Calderon + fillers , for Perkins, Maynor (If they want calderon), Perry Jones and our pick.

OKC got an expiring Calderon and got off the hook of Perkin's contract, but we are not doing them any special favors. We need to be compensated with youth, which something OKC can actually sacrifice.

For Perkins I know he is washed up, but I think he could provide the kind of leadership that we are lacking and can do wonders to our youngsters. He can be starting but limited to say 15-18 mins per game. Of coz the real question is whether Perkins would be willing to play for us.

I think this trade makes sense for both teams.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#88 » by TheGoodDoctor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 am

There's absolutely zero chance BOS considers that.

Leolovinliberal wrote:Bargs to OKC for Perkins, Liggins and our 1st back

I'm down for that trade.

I probably take 3 yrs of Perkins over 3 yrs of Bargnani straight up....but add in our pick which could turn out to be Bennett, Poythress or Goodwin as currently projected and this would be a huge success imo.

Problem is I don't see what's OKC's incentive to move Perk for an equally long contract with more money?!?! I think even Calderon + Gray is more likely than being able to ship Bargnani. I really don't see Bargnani fetching more than Boozer + CHA pick, Amare + NY picks or Gasol.
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#89 » by why22 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 am

two deals to fix our team

trade 1:

to sac:
Bargnani
Davis

to tor:
Salmons
Cousins

trade 2:

to atl:
Jose/Fields

to toronto:
Stevenson/petro/harris

val
cousins
salmons
derozan
lowry

lowry/ross/cousins/val is a high potential core.
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 570

Post#90 » by youreachiteach » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:15 am

I'm down for that trade.

I probably take 3 yrs of Perkins over 3 yrs of Bargnani straight up....but add in our pick which could turn out to be Bennett, Poythress or Goodwin as currently projected and this would be a huge success imo.

Problem is I don't see what's OKC's incentive to move Perk for an equally long contract with more money?!?! I think even Calderon + Gray is more likely than being able to ship Bargnani. I really don't see Bargnani fetching more than Boozer + CHA pick, Amare + NY picks or Gasol.[/quote]

Yeah, Calderon + Gray is much better. They get the upgrade for their bench scoring and an antidote for Westbrook's "turnoverproness" plus a perimeter shooter who can stretch the d and make their bench outside of Martin much more cohesive. They can even use Westbrook as a two if necessary.

This does two things--one, rids them of a hugely onerous contract. Let's them re-sign Martin, and frankly, probably makes them faster due to the insertion of Collision or Ibaka or Martin into the lineup to take Perkin's place (which they'll need for the inevitable matchup in the finals against Miami).

Gray can come in for fouls against whoever they want for 5 minutes for the "hack" a Howard against LA.

For the pleasure of this transaction, they should give us back our pick with Perkins and PJ3. Our pick is for the financial flexibility and PJ3 because there is no spot for him anyways (and to make the Lowry trade a net positive for us).
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#91 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 pm

I wouldn't want our pick back unless we were a threat to make the playoffs and have it roll over to 2014. I actually think we shouldn't make any trades. We need Jose to expire and to amnesty Bargnani. Then depending where we are in our youth development we might use some money maybe on a UFA or RFA. There might be a buy low opportunity with DJ Augustin as Lowry's back-up although recent reviews in Indiana are scathing. Also, since Amir is playing well as a small centre signing someone like Elton Brand to compliment Ed Davis might give us something more useful up front than Aaron Gray. Whatever we do we need to put JV, Ed, Ross and Demar in positions to thrive. How they do will dictate whether we'll have to trade or re-sign Lowry.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#92 » by Snooch » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Utah in:
Calderon, Outlaw

out:
Millsap, Watson

Utah gets a pg to run the show, some depth at sf and maintains financial flexibility

Sacramento out:
Garcia and Outlaw

In
Bargnani

One of the most logical places for Bargnani to go is the kings as he would cause quite the matchup with DMC up front.

Toronto out:
Bargnani, Jose

in
Milsap, Garcia and Watson

Raps shorten Bargnanis deal by basically 1 year. Garcia adds some wing depth and brings more as a backup sf than anyone else can/does. Millsap becomes the for the team to grow together with. LK needs amnestied after the move.

Lowry/Lucas/Watson
Demar/Ross/Fields
Pietrus/Garcia/Kleiza
Millsap/Davis/Acy
JV/Amir/Gray

Team still needs something at the sf spot down the road, but hopefully Ross/Demar can get to a point where they can play together on the wings, but until then the comittee will have to stay.
grayplay
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#93 » by grayplay » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm

3 trades to get rid of onerous contracts/start a complete rebuild/acquire expiring contracts that could be flipped:

1. To Tor
D. Diop

To Hou
A. Johnson

To Cha
L. Klezia
D. Cook

2.To Tor
B. Udrih
M. Dunleavy

To Mil
J. Calderon
L. Fields

3. To Tor
Z. Pachulia
K. Korver

To Atl
A. Bargnani
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#94 » by sweetcity » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Raps Get - Ryan Anderson + Grevais Vasquez + Wilson Chandler + Tim Mozgov

NO Gets - Kyle Lowry + Landry Fields

Denver Gets - Aaron Gray + Andrea Bargnani

Raps

Jose Calderon + Grevais Vasquez
Terrance Ross + Alan Anderson
DeMar DeRozan + Wilson Chandler
Ed Davis + Ryan Anderson
Jonas Valanciunas + Amir Johnson

Young Athletic Team With One of the Best Benches in the NBA
grayplay
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#95 » by grayplay » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 pm

sweetcity wrote:Raps Get - Ryan Anderson + Grevais Vasquez + Wilson Chandler + Tim Mozgov

NO Gets - Kyle Lowry + Landry Fields

Denver Gets - Aaron Gray + Andrea Bargnani

Raps

Jose Calderon + Grevais Vasquez
Terrance Ross + Alan Anderson
DeMar DeRozan + Wilson Chandler
Ed Davis + Ryan Anderson
Jonas Valanciunas + Amir Johnson

Young Athletic Team With One of the Best Benches in the NBA

I would love this trade, and I think it's justifiable from all teams. But on a recent podcast, Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe mentioned that NOH loves Ryan Anderson, so I'm not sure they do the deal.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#96 » by HEKTOR » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm

No way NO does that.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#97 » by HEKTOR » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:This was actually posted by a SAC fan on the trade board

Sacramento trades: John Salmons, Isiah Thomas, Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia

Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani

The way I see it, Garcia and Calderon cancel each other out with their expirings. John Salmons is only $1 million guaranteed for 2014/2015. Yes Calderon is playing great right now and it looks like we're going for our typical push for 9th.

Unless B Colon Jello overpays Calderon to stay, I don't see him playing for the Raptors next year as he'll try for a contender. Isiah at least is a semi-functional back-up PG. If it means anything, Isiah and Ross were former college teammates.

So therefore, Andrea Bargnani for Robinson, Thomas, and Salmons... Does BC hang up the phone on this deal? Will god finally allow Salmons play in Canada? When will Bargnani reach his potential? Tune in next time in the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z

I'd do this deal in a heart-beat.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#98 » by RapsFanInOhio » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:59 pm

JunkYardSubs wrote:
RapsFanInOhio wrote:
Lord_Zedd wrote:This was actually posted by a SAC fan on the trade board

Sacramento trades: John Salmons, Isiah Thomas, Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia

Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani

That actually seems pretty fair value wise, but I can't see that big of a deal being made unless we completely fall out of playoff contention.

Really?

I do that deal immediately

I definitely do it too, though I'm not big on Thomas. Maybe sub him out for Jimmer if the salaries work.

I just don't think management does something this big unless we fall out of the playoff picture. Jose is pretty valuable to us right now.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#99 » by Zeno » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Would GS do Fields for Biedrens since it gets them under the tax? He only has 2 years on his deal instead of Landry's 3.

Or even Bargs and Fields for Jefferson and Biedrens who are both on two year deals. Sets up things nicely for summer of 2014.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Post#100 » by Slackstring701 » Tue Jan 1, 2013 2:41 am

Rudy Gay continues to struggle and the Memphis Grizzlies have fallen to middle of the pack in the West.

I wonder if he keep struggling, do they decide to move him to open up some money going forward. They are already at 72 million next year without resigning one of their most important pieces - Tony Allen.

If DeMar keeps playing well I wonder if they would be intrestrested in a possible deal ...

DeMar DeRozan (8.5 mill Cap hit)
Jose Calderon (10.5 mill Cap hit)
Alan Anderson (.885 mill Cap hit)

for

Rudy Gay (16.5 mill cap hit)
and one of their guards to make salaries work

(Jerryd Bayless 3.1 mill cap hit) or (Tony Wroten 1.1 mill cap hit) or (Wayne Ellington (2 mill cap hit).

Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry are best friends so I would love to see them paired up. Add them with our young 3 players Val, Davis, and Ross, and thats a pretty young and talented core moving forward.

I'm not sure if the Grizzles are intrested in moving Gay, but he is definately struggling this year (41% from the field), while both of their bigs are playing really well. This move roughly could save them 10 million going into next year, as well give them a great young wing player, and 2 vets who can both shoot, which is what Memphis desperately needs.

Would love too see this happen. Guess we will wait and see how Memphis plays these next few weeks.

Thoughts????????????????

Return to Toronto Raptors