ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raps4589
Pro Prospect
And1: 28

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#301 » by raps4589 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 pm

[quote="Raptorfan2012"]Out of these 3 potential trades, which one do you guys think is more likely? Which one will you prefer?

#1. Bargnani to Denver for Wilson Chandler and Mozgov

#2. Bargnani to Boston for Jeff Green

#3. Jose, Klieza, Ross, and 2 2nd round picks to Memphis for Rudy Gay?

quote]

wilson chandler is injured and i dont want that contract, the rudy gay one seems ok.. i jus dont think it would work with his contract derozans and bargs.. thats about 40 million next year on those 3 guys thats horrible, the best deal would be for jeff green i feel with minutes he can return to his okc form, he made a mistake by signing with boston with the veterans they have
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,497

Post#302 » by dagger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 am

Danny Granger is no long-term answer, but the way the Pacers are playing without him, and considering that Indiana is going to go up against the tax threshold to keep this team together next season - needing to re-sign West, Hansbrough and Augustine - they might welcome a trade that removes all or most of Granger's salary. Jose would give them a solid backup for a playoff run. Maybe we have to throw in Alan Anderson. I tihnk that would be a great deal for Indiana, and Granger only has one more year after this on his deal so the financial and injury risk aren't that great.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Post#303 » by Zeno » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:55 am

dagger wrote:Danny Granger is no long-term answer, but the way the Pacers are playing without him, and considering that Indiana is going to go up against the tax threshold to keep this team together next season - needing to re-sign West, Hansbrough and Augustine - they might welcome a trade that removes all or most of Granger's salary. Jose would give them a solid backup for a playoff run. Maybe we have to throw in Alan Anderson. I tihnk that would be a great deal for Indiana, and Granger only has one more year after this on his deal so the financial and injury risk aren't that great.

I'm not the biggest fan of giving away all expirings for an injured player with a longer contract even if it is only a year. Any shot they'd take an offer of Jose,Klieza for Granger,Augustine. Still gives them room, just not as much.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#304 » by ballislife » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 am

dagger wrote:Danny Granger is no long-term answer, but the way the Pacers are playing without him, and considering that Indiana is going to go up against the tax threshold to keep this team together next season - needing to re-sign West, Hansbrough and Augustine - they might welcome a trade that removes all or most of Granger's salary. Jose would give them a solid backup for a playoff run. Maybe we have to throw in Alan Anderson. I tihnk that would be a great deal for Indiana, and Granger only has one more year after this on his deal so the financial and injury risk aren't that great.

If we traded Calderon and Anderson for Granger, I think it would be a steal for us. That's the kind of trade that would be ideal for us with Calderon's expiring. Granger's value is shot with his injury, but he's a tough defender and a good 3 pt shooter. He'd fit in well with our team and give us some defence/toughness/leadership that we need at the 3 spot. And if I remember correctly, he stated that he'd love to be drafted by us back when we decided to take Charlie V and Joey G over him.
dagger
RealGM

Post#305 » by dagger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 am

raps4589 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:Out of these 3 potential trades, which one do you guys think is more likely? Which one will you prefer?

quote]

wilson chandler is injured and i dont want that contract, the rudy gay one seems ok.. i jus dont think it would work with his contract derozans and bargs.. thats about 40 million next year on those 3 guys thats horrible, the best deal would be for jeff green i feel with minutes he can return to his okc form, he made a mistake by signing with boston with the veterans they have

If I wanted to gamble on a big contract, I'd check out if the Pacers want Jose and Andrea for Granger. They are winning without Granger, West will be a UFA this summer. If Granger re-injures his knee next year, it's no loss and contributes to legitimate tanking.
dagger
RealGM

Post#306 » by dagger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 am

raps4589 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:Out of these 3 potential trades, which one do you guys think is more likely? Which one will you prefer?

quote]

If I wanted to gamble on a big contract, I'd check out if the Pacers want Jose and Andrea for Granger. They are winning without Granger, West will be a UFA this summer. If Granger re-injures his knee next year, it's no loss and contributes to legitimate tanking.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#307 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:29 am

I like Granger but who really knows how high risk - high reward for us he would be with those knees? Is it time to admit perhaps that between Ed and Amir that Amir might be the warrior to go with. If we are trading Jose I think we need a point guard back. I'd like to see someone like Barea get reunited with Casey. Not sure Minny would go for this but something like Barea/Derrick Williams/Brandon Roy contract for Jose/Ed/Acy might give us another young forward piece and point guard to be a more reasonable back-up to Lowry. The dirt on Williams is he struggles offensively big time at age 21 but is improving defensively. At least with a young player there is a chance to put him with a defensive minded coach and make him into a serviceable both ends of the floor player.

I'd be willing to go forward sink or swim in 2014 with

Amir/JV/Anderson
Lowry/Demar

Williams/Bargs/Fields
Barea/Ross

JLIII/Gray/Kleiza
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,253

Post#308 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 am

I can see maybe this work:

Trade ID: #6201858

Toronto trades: Calderon, Bargnani, Alan Anderson

Indiana trades: Granger, DJ Augustine.

Pacers can make a deep run into the playoffs with solid vet guys like Calderon, Anderson and Bargnani (probably off the bench).

Raptors gamble again with the Pacers with knee issues, but Granger will be the best wing Raptors have had since Vince, and DJ can be a solid back up to Lowry. This trade will probably happen in February once Bargs and Granger can be showcased healthy.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#309 » by HEKTOR » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:23 am

TO RAPTORS:
Francisco Garcia
Thomas Robinson
Travis Outlaw

TO KINGS:
Andrea Bargnani
Alan Anderson
Quincy Acy
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#310 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 am

Calderon, Ed Davis, Anderson to OKC for Perkins, Maynor, Lamb

TOR:

Lowry/Maynor
DeRozan/Ross
Fields/Lamb
Bargnani/A. Johnson
Perkins/Valanciunas

OKC:

Westbrook/Calderon
Sefalosha/Martin
Durant/Anderson
E. Davis/Durant
Ibaka/Collison

OKC clears themselves from Perkins' remaining 2 yrs/18 mil left on his contract so that it gives itself a chance to re-sign two of Calderon, Martin, or Alan Anderson before they hit the lux tax. Also, in typical Presti-fashion, they gain an asset in Ed Davis, who I think they'll start alongside Ibaka to keep everyone in their current roles. Calderon allows them to play Westbrook at the 2 for stretches, which ought to pay dividends for them during postseason play.

For us, the Raptors, we gain a veteran C to mentor the 20-yr old Valanciunas, who's been a bit of a liability to be honest as a rookie starting C. It allows him to develop both physically and mentally at his own pace while learning from a veteran. It also affords us the opportunity to somehow increase Andrea freakin' Bargnani's trade value, who knows, maybe Perkins toughens the guy up by playing against him in practice. Y'all know Perkins won't stand for a lazy Andrea. This trade would also give us another wing prospect to develop, who'll eventually take Fields' spot in the lineup, in Jeremy Lamb, while netting us a backup to guard against a potential Lowry injury. It balances out the roster to some degree too imo.

Kleiza probably gets amnestied in the offseason.
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#311 » by Raps Militia » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Calderon, Ed Davis, Anderson to OKC for Perkins, Maynor, Lamb

TOR:

Lowry/Maynor
DeRozan/Ross
Fields/Lamb
Bargnani/A. Johnson
Perkins/Valanciunas

OKC:

Westbrook/Calderon
Sefalosha/Martin
Durant/Anderson
E. Davis/Durant
Ibaka/Collison

OKC clears themselves from Perkins' remaining 2 yrs/18 mil left on his contract so that it gives itself a chance to re-sign two of Calderon, Martin, or Alan Anderson before they hit the lux tax. Also, in typical Presti-fashion, they gain an asset in Ed Davis, who I think they'll start alongside Ibaka to keep everyone in their current roles. Calderon allows them to play Westbrook at the 2 for stretches, which ought to pay dividends for them during postseason play.

For us, the Raptors, we gain a veteran C to mentor the 20-yr old Valanciunas, who's been a bit of a liability to be honest as a rookie starting C. It allows him to develop both physically and mentally at his own pace while learning from a veteran. It also affords us the opportunity to somehow increase Andrea freakin' Bargnani's trade value, who knows, maybe Perkins toughens the guy up by playing against him in practice. Y'all know Perkins won't stand for a lazy Andrea. This trade would also give us another wing prospect to develop, who'll eventually take Fields' spot in the lineup, in Jeremy Lamb, while netting us a backup to guard against a potential Lowry injury. It balances out the roster to some degree too imo.

Kleiza probably gets amnestied in the offseason.

Why should we strengthen the Thunder?

Worst Trade Ever (?), Probably.
rapsanity
Banned User
And1: 760

Raps - Pacers trade 

Post#312 » by rapsanity » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Was talking to a few co-workers, I would personally love this trade and see it more feasible than Gay (we arent getting Gay for the little assets we have offered to Mem)

Granger + Ben Hansbrough

for

Andrea Bargnani + Kleiza + 2nd round pick

Lowry/Jose/Lucas/Hansbrough
Demar/Ross/Fields
Granger/Fields/Anderson/Peitrus
Ed/Amir/Acy
Jonas/Gray/Amir
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Re: Raps - Pacers trade 

Post#313 » by lander » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Trade thread. And you should probably change the title to read trade idea.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,540

Re: Raps - Pacers trade 

Post#314 » by DG88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Trade thread bro
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,213

Post#315 » by niQ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

The fact that Indiana is doing so well without Granger could be a sign that they'd be willing to listen to offers. I know Granger is an injury risk and might not want to stay after his contract is up but...frankly... I'd be happy to get anything in return for Bargnani at this point...
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#316 » by Spacing » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

How about this deal?

Raps send: Jose+Bargs+Davis
Pacers send: Granger+West+Augustin

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d378k3t
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,253

Post#317 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Spacing wrote:How about this deal?

Pacers send: Granger+West+Augustin

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d378k3t

I don't think Pacers want to part with West; he is a big reason for their current success.

I think a Jose, Bargs and Anderson for Granger and Augustine will work for both parties.
Major Giz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,308

Post#318 » by Major Giz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

I see alot of Granger thrown into trade scenarios. Shouldn't it be "the oft-injured Granger" instead?

i.e.

Pacers send: the oft-injured Granger+West+Augustin
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#319 » by Troubadour » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aljzcs7

Raptors Trade:
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis

Receive:
Paul Milsap
Demarre Carroll

Jazz Trade:
Paul Milsap
Demarre Carroll
Jamaal Tinsley

Receive:
Jose Calderon
Marshon Brooks
CJ Watson
Pick (from Nets)

Nets Trade:
Marshon Brooks
CJ Watson
Pick

Receive:
Ed Davis
Jamaal Tinsley
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Post#320 » by Zeno » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Raps get: Deng, Bonner, Butler
Spurs get: Bargs, Anderson, Belinelli
Bulls get: S. Jackson, Ross (Bulls get under luxury tax)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a55zkl4
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

Return to Toronto Raptors