ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,388

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#1481 » by WigginsNation » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:26 am

I would look to trade Ross if we could get a legit big man of the future like Milisap. Im not a big believer in Ross like most of you are.

Id offer Ross, Kleiza and a 2nd rounder for Milisap (not sure if salaries work out)
Then in a separate deal offer Bargnani for Reddick, with other pieces to make salaries work out.

pg: Lowry/JLIII
sg: Demar/Reddick
sf: Gay/ Fields
pf: Milisap/ Amir
C: Jonas/Gray

Thats a legit team of the future!
If i was BC, id trade Ross!
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#1482 » by ballislife » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:33 am

BCfortheWin wrote:I would look to trade Ross if we could get a legit big man of the future like Milisap. Im not a big believer in Ross like most of you are.

Id offer Ross, Kleiza and a 2nd rounder for Milisap (not sure if salaries work out)
Then in a separate deal offer Bargnani for Reddick, with other pieces to make salaries work out.

I would only do this if Millsap agreed to an extension before coming here.. that's a nice looking lineup though. BC loves Millsap.. I recall him talking about his some of his biggest regrets in the draft, and he said it would probably be not taking Millsap.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,388

Post#1483 » by WigginsNation » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 am

ballislife wrote:
BCfortheWin wrote:I would look to trade Ross if we could get a legit big man of the future like Milisap. Im not a big believer in Ross like most of you are.

I would only do this if Millsap agreed to an extension before coming here.. that's a nice looking lineup though. BC loves Millsap.. I recall him talking about his some of his biggest regrets in the draft, and he said it would probably be not taking Millsap.

With that trade we get a legit big man of the future (assuming he signs) and a legit sharp shooter in Reddick. These trades would make us a top 4 team in the east.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,016

Post#1484 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am

I'm not exactly seeing the need for a post up option because of Rudy Gay. I see bigger needs for a stretch 4 that is half decent on D and a perimeter defensive stopper to alleviate some pressure on Gay and/or DD.

Mbah a Moute and Paul Millsap would make this team a legit contender
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#1485 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 am

All would need to sign a extension but I like.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#1486 » by ballislife » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 am

What about something like this:

Toronto trades:
Bargnani
Ross
Kleiza
Fields
2nd rounder

Gets:
Millsap
Reddick
Turkoglu

Orlando trades:
Reddick
Turkoglu

Gets:
Bargnani
Fields

Utah trades
Millsap

Gets:
Keilza
Ross
2nd rounder

I think Orlando does it because Turks useless for them. And they're going to pay him almost $12 mill next season. At least they get 2 younger guys. Might need to send them a 2nd rounder for taking on longer contracts.

Utah gets their SG of the future to pair with their young bigs and Hayward. Kleiza will be an expiring next season.

Toronto gets a really competitive young team. Turkeyglue can sit at home the whole season... don't even let him come into Canada. But his expiring could be valuable next season. Worst case we can buy him out and use his expiring cash to resign Lowry after next season. It gives us more flexibility in the near future.

Lowry / JL3
DeRozan / Reddick
Gay / AA
Millsap / Amir
Valanciunas / Amir / Gray
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#1487 » by pspot » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Bargs for Perkins and Maynor

Two players with a worse per than Bargs and Its one of the few trades that the team trading with the raps get a + on wins in the trade checker

Perkins adds that toughness Casey wanted and Maynor gets the rest of this season to earn his next contract.

I think Thabeet can play more mins and Bargs would fit beside he and Ibaka

I know this was discussed before and someone thought Presti wouldn't do it but I think its interesting

I like Perkins history with the Atlantic and what that would bring from a competitive stand point.
nm
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#1488 » by sweetcity » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 pm

I like Maynor and Perkins, but I think we'd struggle to score points with that team
pspot
General Manager

Post#1489 » by pspot » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:35 pm

sweetcity wrote:I like Maynor and Perkins, but I think we'd struggle to score points with that team

low post scorer would be an issue for sure, Perkins could help open lanes
but i also think Raps will start to get more from Ross and Val, maybe not so much this year but definitely next

Even Kleiza could add some scoring if he's not bought out

look at the points in the pain last night, a guy like Perkins would be a big addition

then you could also flip Hadaddi for a shooter if really needed for this year
nm
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,217

Post#1490 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 pm

pspot wrote:Bargs for Perkins and Maynor

Two players with a worse per than Bargs and Its one of the few trades that the team trading with the raps get a + on wins in the trade checker

Perkins adds that toughness Casey wanted and Maynor gets the rest of this season to earn his next contract.

I know this was discussed before and someone thought Presti wouldn't do it but I think its interesting

I like Perkins history with the Atlantic and what that would bring from a competitive stand point.

Yeah this trade can make sense. Raptors need more toughness in the post and Val is still a few years away from giving us that (not his fault, just too young). Maynor will be a good back up PG. Thing is maybe Thunder just wants to roll with the team they have. They are near the top so no need to change anything.
pspot
General Manager

Post#1491 » by pspot » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
pspot wrote:Bargs for Perkins and Maynor

Yeah this trade can make sense. Raptors need more toughness in the post and Val is still a few years away from giving us that (not his fault, just too young). Maynor will be a good back up PG. Thing is maybe Thunder just wants to roll with the team they have. They are near the top so no need to change anything.

Yeah not sure, their scoring really drops off after Ibaka. Most likely because Durant and Westbrook dominate so much of the offense but Bargs would be a nice piece to have in case of injury and just depth. He'd also be a much better fit for the tempo of play they have. Will run the floor, trailing big and such.
His man to man D is solid and Ibaka is one of the best weak side defenders.
nm

Return to Toronto Raptors