ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#201 » by Sterling_Archer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:49 am

pspot wrote:I think T Rob can play SF and wouldn't mind if the Raps kicked the tires to see if he's available

I don't know if he can he obviously has the size and strength but he can't really handle the ball don't think he can step out and hit the three and how lateral quick is he on defensive end? If these questions are all answered and he can do them well bough then sure but I just don't see it.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#202 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:53 am

Robinson has bust written all over him IMO. The league is full of 6'8-6'9 athletic bigs who don't have the skills or feel for the game to do anything offensively. Also his best game the entire year so far is a 12 pt 4 rebound performance, that's not a good sign
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,568

Post#203 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:06 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:with the Rudy Gay rumors i reworked my deal.

To TOR: Rudy Gay + Aj Price
To MEM: Trevor Arizia + Jan Vesely + Terrence Ross + SAC 2014 2nd Round Pick (Via TOR)
To WAS: Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Josh Shelby (Via TE) + TOR 2013 2nd Round Pick

Not bad at all, think the teams could reach a deal, but I would prefer:

TOR gets: Gay, Seraphin, Wroten, '13 NYK 2nd (NYK via WASH)
MEM gets: Ross, Vesely, Kleiza, Ariza
WASH gets: Bargnani

Tor:

I can't see DD and Ross ever looking good starting together. Gay is the best player in the deal IMO, don't care about his numbers this season, much better fit than Bargnani and better fit than he is in Memphis. Bye, LOLK, for the $ difference. Lose Ross, nice but would in tough for minutes behind Derozan and Gay. Get Seraphin, a nice young 3rd big/backup 5, Wroten, raw but is under contract for 3 more cheap years. Potential attacking 3rd guard/more. '13 NYK 2nd flippable, at least.

MEM:

Gets Ross, a nice young, cheap weakside rotation player, possible starter, shooter for their bigs. Ariza/Allen/Ross pretty nice wing mix for '13 and '14. Take 2 bad '14 salaries in LOLK and Ariza but no '15 which is key. Vesely probably can't play but they can give him a look and extend him or not. Give up Wroten but they still have Bayless and Selby as combos.

WASH:

They really, really need a stretch big for Wall, IMO. Italian consulate protects Bargs from getting shot. Seraphin blocked by immovable OK and Nene, good Cs next to AB - who could easily earn his contract there when healthy. At the cap anyway, stupid trade last year is their problem. Again, Vesely probably can't play, is a 4, not 3, and still have Booker there - he's out of the picture, waste of $3.3 for them. Bye Ariza's contract and a '13 NYK 2nd. Singleton is better at SF and they have enough youth.

Us:

KL/Jose
DD/AA
Rudy/AA
Ed/Amir/Seraphin
JV/Seraphin

LF
Pietrus
Gray
Turd
Wroten
Acy

Still would have a PG/PF to move if we want.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#204 » by HEKTOR » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:55 am

TO RAPTORS:
Rudy Gay
Timofey Mozgov
Tony Wroten

TO GRIZZLIES:
Jose Calderon
Wilson Chandler
2nd Round Pick 2014 via Sacramento

TO NUGGETS:
Andrea Bargnani
Alan Anderson
Cash via Toronto

Raptors - Get their SF in Rudy Gay, but also get a decent big man in Mozgov, who can help us in the paint. Wroten is added in the deal for salary purposes and because Memphis has too many PGs.

Grizzlies - They get Calderon on a 10.6m expiring + Wilson Chandler who isn't fully guaranteed in his final contract year. Most importantly, they go under the tax and avoid having to pay Gay almost $40 in his final 2yrs.

Nuggets - They get Bargnani at a low-risk, only giving up Chandler and Mozgov who are both hardly playing. Alan Anderson is a nice addition especially for free with the cash sent over helping to pay for his contract. I'd rather throw in Acy, but my guess is the Nuggets would prefer Anderson.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#205 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:02 am

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:with the Rudy Gay rumors i reworked my deal.

To TOR: Rudy Gay + Aj Price
To MEM: Trevor Arizia + Jan Vesely + Terrence Ross + SAC 2014 2nd Round Pick (Via TOR)
To WAS: Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Josh Shelby (Via TE) + TOR 2013 2nd Round Pick

Not bad at all, think the teams could reach a deal, but I would prefer:

TOR gets: Gay, Seraphin, Wroten, '13 NYK 2nd (NYK via WASH)
MEM gets: Ross, Vesely, Kleiza, Ariza
WASH gets: Bargnani

Tor:

I can't see DD and Ross ever looking good starting together. Gay is the best player in the deal IMO, don't care about his numbers this season, much better fit than Bargnani and better fit than he is in Memphis. Bye, LOLK, for the $ difference. Lose Ross, nice but would in tough for minutes behind Derozan and Gay. Get Seraphin, a nice young 3rd big/backup 5, Wroten, raw but is under contract for 3 more cheap years. Potential attacking 3rd guard/more. '13 NYK 2nd flippable, at least.

MEM:

Gets Ross, a nice young, cheap weakside rotation player, possible starter, shooter for their bigs. Ariza/Allen/Ross pretty nice wing mix for '13 and '14. Take 2 bad '14 salaries in LOLK and Ariza but no '15 which is key. Vesely probably can't play but they can give him a look and extend him or not. Give up Wroten but they still have Bayless and Selby as combos.

WASH:

They really, really need a stretch big for Wall, IMO. Italian consulate protects Bargs from getting shot. Seraphin blocked by immovable OK and Nene, good Cs next to AB - who could easily earn his contract there when healthy. At the cap anyway, stupid trade last year is their problem. Again, Vesely probably can't play, is a 4, not 3, and still have Booker there - he's out of the picture, waste of $3.3 for them. Bye Ariza's contract and a '13 NYK 2nd. Singleton is better at SF and they have enough youth.

Us:

KL/Jose
DD/AA
Rudy/AA
Ed/Amir/Seraphin
JV/Seraphin

LF
Pietrus
Gray
Turd
Wroten
Acy

Still would have a PG/PF to move if we want.

Washington loves Seraphin and for good reason but there's no chance of them dealing him for Bargnani. Also in your deal Memphis doesn't immediately get out if tax (4 million over tax limit currently) that's what my deal does. They would be out of tax THIS year and next. Which is a must in any Rudy Gay trade

My problem with people refusing to include Ross is this

Are we not hoping Ross reaches Rudy Gay level? If he does doing you think he will get max money? If Rudy Gay was a FA wouldn't we have to offer the max to even entertain him.

Gay plays a position of need and is only 26 years old (just turned 26). Ross is 21 turning 22.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:22 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Washington loves Seraphin and for good reason but there's no chance of them dealing him for Bargnani.

Well, they traded for two Cs last year, Seraphin is a C and they're not giving him consistent minutes. Nobody is taking OK or Nene's contract/foot and that mix is terrible, for Wall in particular. Keeping him is #1. Bargnani is a great fit there, IMO, but then again I don't hate him. Seraphin is pretty good but not a core piece. Also, we're talking about Washington. That OK/Ariza deal they made would've been laughed off any trade board. Who knows what they'll do.

Also in your deal Memphis doesn't immediately get out if tax (4 million over tax limit currently) that's what my deal does. They would be out of tax THIS year and next. Which is a must in any Rudy Gay trade

I'm not sure this is true. The Grantland article doesn't state this, at least. Getting Ross' rookie deal and dumping Rudy's $19M+ 3rd year would be big. Ross' projected PER must be giving Hollinger a boner.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#207 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:39 am

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Washington loves Seraphin and for good reason but there's no chance of them dealing him for Bargnani.

Well, they traded for two Cs last year, Seraphin is a C and they're not giving him consistent minutes. Nobody is taking OK or Nene's contract/foot and that mix is terrible, for Wall in particular. Keeping him is #1. Bargnani is a great fit there, IMO, but then again I don't hate him. Seraphin is pretty good but not a core piece. Also, we're talking about Washington. That OK/Ariza deal they made would've been laughed off any trade board. Who knows what they'll do.

Also in your deal Memphis doesn't immediately get out if tax (4 million over tax limit currently) that's what my deal does. They would be out of tax THIS year and next. Which is a must in any Rudy Gay trade

I'm not sure this is true. The Grantland article doesn't state this, at least. Getting Ross' rookie deal and dumping Rudy's $19M+ 3rd year would be big. Ross' projected PER must be giving Hollinger a boner.

I believe their playing Seraphin at the PF spot for a while now. I see your point though, Bargnani would be a good fit there.

As for the tax, their at 74 million today, tax is 70.3 million, my trade puts them at 70.1 million, it's been widely reported that Memphis wants to avoid tax, specifically in the summer they talked about it. This was on May 16 2012

“We can’t be in the luxury tax business,” Heisley said. “We’ve got to make some financial decisions. That’s without question"

He did proceed to give out big contracts to Zach and Rudy but lets look at next year. Next year there at 73 million WITHOUT Tony Allen, waiving Haddadi as well. Meaning their starting SG would be Shelby/Wroten/Pondexter. What's the point in that? Team wouldn't go anywhere. Which is why I think he moves Gay NOW. Tax is a huge concern for small market teams like Memphis. If a Gay trade happens they want out of tax now and the foreseeable future
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Post#208 » by Slackstring701 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:49 am

Val for Cousins ..... :)
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:53 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:I believe their playing Seraphin at the PF spot for a while now. I see your point though, Bargnani would be a good fit there.

Yeah, he's playing both, I just don't think he's quick enough to be a full-time PF these days with his bulk. Don't think Nene is a PF anymore, I bet Booker would be starting there with Nene in the middle if all were healthy. That team is a mess.

As for the tax, their at 74 million today, tax is 70.3 million, my trade puts them at 70.1 million, it's been widely reported that Memphis wants to avoid tax, specifically in the summer they talked about it. This was on May 16 2012

“We can’t be in the luxury tax business,” Heisley said. “We’ve got to make some financial decisions. That’s without question"

He did proceed to give out big contracts to Zach and Rudy but lets look at next year. Next year there at 73 million WITHOUT Tony Allen, waiving Haddadi as well. Meaning their starting SG would be Shelby/Wroten/Pondexter. What's the point in that? Team wouldn't go anywhere. Which is why I think he moves Gay NOW. Tax is a huge concern for small market teams like Memphis. If a Gay trade happens they want out of tax now and the foreseeable future

Well, Heisley sold the team and they would possibly be starting Ross at SG in our scenarios if they didn't keep Allen, but they are in deep. Hollinger could make the new owner love Ross as much as John hates Rudy. Who knows. I think we can agree that if Rudy is on the table, so is Ross.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,748

Post#210 » by Lord_Zedd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:53 am

That's with Heisley though who was strongly against paying the tax.

Haven't heard much from Robert Pera/Jason Levien who's the new owner of the team. I mean they did buy the team already knowing that the Grizzlies would be hitting the luxury tax threshold.

Edit: Well this is from the Grizzlies beat writer Chris Herrington. Take it for what it's worth as of yesterday

@FlyerGrizBlog: Just heart notion that new ownership will likely make a tax-oriented move that might not have happened under Heisley. Was waiting for that.

...Look: Elevated tax rates next season made/make an eventual move likely inevitable, regardless of whether an ownership change had happened.

..It was pretty easy for Heisley to allow team to start season over tax threshold when he knew he wasn't likely to get the bill.

..it won't be Gasol or Conley. There's a case to be made (though I wouldn't make it) for Z-Bo. But Rudy is the obvious/likely move.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#211 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:00 am

Yup that's for sure and we would need to send some sort of 2013/2014 salary to keep us under tax. Personally id put

Ross
Calderon
Bargnani
Kleiza

All in play for Gay and find a scenario that works. Lowry/Derozan/Gay/Davis/Val is something I can really get behind. For what it's worth Hollinger had Ross 27th on his board at the draft using his draft rater but I think he's surprised a lot of us with his play.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#212 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:20 am

I'm not a PER guy at all, but I thought someone had Ross with a high one over the past couple weeks. Rated 27th at the draft? That's much crazier than 8th.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#213 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:29 am

Ross' current PER is 12.5. Rudy's is 15.39. I imagine its higher over the last couple of weeks with his play. 27 is pretty low that's why I'm surprised. Many had him in the early-late teens.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#214 » by HEKTOR » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:54 am

TO RAPTORS:
Rudy Gay
Timofey Mozgov
Anthony Randolph
Jared Bayless
Wayne Ellington

TO GRIZZLIES:
Jose Calderon
Wilson Chandler
Jordan Hamilton
2nd Round Pick 2014 (SAC) via Toronto

TO NUGGETS:
Andrea Bargnani
Alan Anderson
Quincy Acy
Cash via Toronto

*Raptors waive Michael Pietrus

Toronto:
- Gay is the SF that we are looking for. Only problem is he doesn't come cheap, thus, is it worth it? By only really giving up Calderon and Bargnani to get him, I'd say yes although it is a big risk.
- Mozgov is a nice piece that comes along with Gay. I think he could be serviceable, especially at only $3m. He's got a qualifying offer for the 2013/14 season, which is also quite reasonable.
- Bayless is included for salary reasons, as he helps Memphis get under the cap. From the sounds of things on here, many Raptors fans would love to have him back, and as a backup for Lowry, I think he would be solid.
- Ellington again is another salary dump by the Grizz. Good thing for us is that he's an expiring contract.
- Randolph is a salary dump by the Nuggets. This guy seems to have a lot of raw talent (athleticism) but just doesn't seem to be able to understand the game. I wouldn't expect anything from him, although I don't think he's completely useless.

LOWRY / Bayless / Lucas
DEROZAN / Ross / Ellington
GAY / Fields / Kleiza
DAVIS / Johnson / Randolph
VALANCIUNAS / Mozgov / Gray
Suga2Panda
Rookie
And1: 670

Post#215 » by Suga2Panda » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:32 am

I hope the Lakers keep losing and we can do a 3 way with minny. We get derek williams, a pick and filler, la gets calderon and bargs, minny gets pau.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#216 » by branny » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:31 pm

Suga2Panda wrote:I hope the Lakers keep losing and we can do a 3 way with minny. We get derek williams, a pick and filler, la gets calderon and bargs, minny gets pau.

Really not sure if Minny would still try go for Pau.. :-?
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,748

Post#217 » by Lord_Zedd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:17 pm

branny wrote:
Suga2Panda wrote:I hope the Lakers keep losing and we can do a 3 way with minny. We get derek williams, a pick and filler, la gets calderon and bargs, minny gets pau.

Really not sure if Minny would still try go for Pau.. :-?

I'm not even sure if I want Pau anymore. Watching him last night and the game vs Golden State. The man looks done.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,112

Post#218 » by Dalek » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:33 pm

I think I have beat the drum about shotblocking and rebounding. Aaron Gray is not immovable with his contract.

I have always been an Ekpe Udoh fan and he'd be an ideal temp. starter.

Bucks get Gray and 2nd round pick
Raps get Udoh

A bit of salary relief for the Bucks and a good investment for the Raps.
ClayDavis
Head Coach
And1: 104

Post#219 » by ClayDavis » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:39 pm

bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,483

Post#220 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:42 pm

^^ yes, you are.

Return to Toronto Raptors