ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#281 » by Baby Bop » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:26 pm

basic framework of the deal. Final could involve draft picks, young players, more bad contracts...

Lakers Out: Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace
Lakers In: Andrea Bargnani, Rudy Gay

Lakers gain youth and better fits, taking on longer-term salary to pay the price for it.

Howard /Hill
Bargnani /Jamison
Gay /Ebanks
Bryant /Meeks
Nash /Morris

Grizzlies Out: Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay
Grizzlies In: Pau Gasol, DeMar DeRozan, Jose Calderon

Shorter contracts, as well as a useful player and big expiring in Jose. DeMar isn't much worse, but is a less costly version of Rudy.

Gasol /Speights
Gasol /Arthur
DeRozan /Pondexter
Allen /Bayless
Calderon /Conley

Raptors Out: DeMar DeRozan, Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon
Raptors In: Zach Randolph, Metta World Peace

Get into the Playoffs and possible make some noise for the first time in a long time.

Valanciunas /Johnson
Randolph /Davis
World Peace /Fields
Anderson /Ross /Pietrus
Lowry /Lucas
RIP Jerry Buss
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#282 » by Left Side Drive » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:36 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble but Memphis is not trading Zach Randolph. They only tested the waters to see what they could get even with his huge contract. Only Rudy is on the trading block. Like many fans have said and I'm sure the front office for the Grizzlies know too that Randolph and Gasol are their core.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 942

Post#283 » by Lippo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:00 pm

ballislife wrote:Jennings
Ilyasova

For

Lowry
Bargnani

I think Lowry's out once his contract is up with us, and we all know Bargnani is detrimental to this team. Jennings seems like he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee and I think he'd stay with us long term along side one of his best friends in DeRozan. Ilyasova can still rebound and provide the "space" Casey loves at 4 better than Bargnani.

I think BC is hesitant to deal either Ross or DeRozan in deals for Gay, but one of them is going to be needed if we really want to get him.

Ross
Calderon
filler

for

Gay
Wroten

A lineup of:

Jennings/Wroten (going have to improve backup PG for now)
DeRozan/Anderson
Gay/Fields
Ilyasova/Ed
Valanciunas/Amir

Definitely looks like a more explosive/young team that has a better chance of contending for playoffs in the east.

Bucks Laugh
Bargs is a huge negative asset
Jennings>Lowry

Jennings/Gooden
for
Lowry/Bargs/1st(top 10 protected)

...might get it done.

and trust me Id love for those trades to happen and I would just become a Raptors
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1224124

I would love any team that has BJ/DD/Gay as the 1,2,3 but my fellow Bucks fans wouldn't touch any DD trade, so screw em.

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 454

Post#284 » by bpcox05 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:54 pm

Lippo wrote:
Ilyasova

For

Lowry
Bargnani

I think Lowry's out once his contract is up with us, and we all know Bargnani is detrimental to this team. Jennings seems like he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee and I think he'd stay with us long term along side one of his best friends in DeRozan. Ilyasova can still rebound and provide the "space" Casey loves at 4 better than Bargnani.

I think BC is hesitant to deal either Ross or DeRozan in deals for Gay, but one of them is going to be needed if we really want to get him.

Ross
Calderon
filler

for

Gay
Wroten

A lineup of:

DeRozan/Anderson
Gay/Fields
Ilyasova/Ed
Valanciunas/Amir

Definitely looks like a more explosive/young team that has a better chance of contending for playoffs in the east.

Bucks Laugh
Jennings>Lowry

Jennings/Gooden
for

...might get it done.

and trust me Id love for those trades to happen and I would just become a Raptors

I would love any team that has BJ/DD/Gay as the 1,2,3 but my fellow Bucks fans wouldn't touch any DD trade, so screw em.

Jennings is not better than Lowry. Maybe he is the better fantasy player, but he still might not even win that argument. Lowry is a much better defender and has a solid NBA body with great strength. The only thing Jennings has over Lowry is quickness yet Lowry is still a much better defender. Let's look at both of their averages for the last 3 years:

Jennings: 162 GP, 35.5 MPG, 16.0 FGA, 40.5 FG%, 5.4 3PTA, 33.5 3PT%, 3.7 FTA, 81.4 FT%, 17.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 5.3 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.3 TOPG
Lowry: 143 GP, 32.8 MPG, 10.9 FGA, 42.0 FG%, 4.5 3PTA, 37.4 3PT%, 3.9 FTA, 81.3 FT%, 14.0 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.4 TOPG

While averaging less minutes over the past 3 years, Lowry is averaging more rebounds and more assists than Jennings. He gets to the foul line more and is a much more efficient shooter from the floor and from 3. He is not a chucker and gets an efficient 14.0 PPG on 10.9 FGA while Jennings gets 17.8 PPG on 16.0 FGA. Bottom line, Lowry is an all-around player who can do it all (and do it all within the flow of his offense). Jennings is a "me" player or as I like to call them "chuckers". Lowry's style of play will help his team win more often than Jennings' style of play.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,698

Post#285 » by ItsDanger » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:55 pm

After Burke's firing today, it should be clear to BC, make some progress or you're next. Could provide the push necessary for a trade finally.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#286 » by Lippo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:01 pm

That being said, would you trade Lowry for Jennings if the contracts were not an issue?
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#287 » by Lippo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:13 pm

bpcox05 wrote:
Lippo wrote:
Ilyasova

For

Lowry
Bargnani

Ross
Calderon
filler

for

Gay
Wroten

A lineup of:

DeRozan/Anderson
Gay/Fields
Ilyasova/Ed
Valanciunas/Amir

Bucks Laugh
Jennings>Lowry

Jennings/Gooden
for

...might get it done.

Jennings is not better than Lowry. Maybe he is the better fantasy player, but he still might not even win that argument. Lowry is a much better defender and has a solid NBA body with great strength. The only thing Jennings has over Lowry is quickness yet Lowry is still a much better defender. Let's look at both of their averages for the last 3 years:

Jennings: 162 GP, 35.5 MPG, 16.0 FGA, 40.5 FG%, 5.4 3PTA, 33.5 3PT%, 3.7 FTA, 81.4 FT%, 17.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 5.3 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.3 TOPG
Lowry: 143 GP, 32.8 MPG, 10.9 FGA, 42.0 FG%, 4.5 3PTA, 37.4 3PT%, 3.9 FTA, 81.3 FT%, 14.0 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.4 TOPG

While averaging less minutes over the past 3 years, Lowry is averaging more rebounds and more assists than Jennings. He gets to the foul line more and is a much more efficient shooter from the floor and from 3. He is not a chucker and gets an efficient 14.0 PPG on 10.9 FGA while Jennings gets 17.8 PPG on 16.0 FGA. Bottom line, Lowry is an all-around player who can do it all (and do it all within the flow of his offense). Jennings is a "me" player or as I like to call them "chuckers". Lowry's style of play will help his team win more often than Jennings' style of play.

Head To Head:
Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Brandon Jennings 3 2 1 3 36.7 7.3 18.7 .393 3.7 7.0 .524 3.0 4.0 .750 0.3 1.0 1.3 5.3 0.0 0.0 1.3 2.0 21.3
Kyle Lowry 3 1 2 2 33.7 2.7 12.3 .216 1.3 5.3 .250 2.0 3.0 .667 1.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 0.3 0.3 2.0 1.3 8.7

and Jennings is 4-5 years younger.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#288 » by sweetcity » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:24 pm

Rather then get Rudy Gay id rather target Cousins, who I think is a way way better player and has AS potential.

Toronto Trades - Calderon + DeRozan + Ed Davis
Toronto Gets - Cousins Thornton Salmons Bayless

Kings Trade - Cousins Thornton Salmons
Kings Get - Ed Davis + Rudy Gay + Tony Wroten

Memphis Trades - Gay + Wroten
Memphis Gets - Calderon + DeRozan

Raps

Lowry - Lucas -
Thornton - Ross - Salmons
Fields - Anderson - Salmons
Cousins - Bargnani
JV - Amir - Bargnani
kingcns187
Senior
And1: 648

Post#289 » by kingcns187 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:27 pm

sweetcity wrote:Rather then get Rudy Gay id rather target Cousins, who I think is a way way better player and has AS potential.

Raps

Lowry - Lucas -
Cousins - Bargnani
JV - Amir - Bargnani

Cousins at the 4??? LOL
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#290 » by ballislife » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:48 pm

Lippo wrote:That being said, would you trade Lowry for Jennings if the contracts were not an issue?

Yea, I'd do it. Jennings is younger and there's more security with him being on our team than Lowry. I love Lowry, and if he'd agree to an extension, I'd definitely rather have him. But I don't think that'll happen... Jennings loves Toronto and he's a young promising PG who has a good relationship with some of the guys on our team already. I would roll the dice with Jennings as our PG going forward.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#291 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 am

kingcns187 wrote:
sweetcity wrote:Rather then get Rudy Gay id rather target Cousins, who I think is a way way better player and has AS potential.

Raps

Lowry - Lucas -
Cousins - Bargnani
JV - Amir - Bargnani

Cousins at the 4??? LOL

What's wrong with Cousins at the 4
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#292 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:04 am

To TOR: Rudy Gay + Earl Watson + Wayne Ellington
To MEM: Marvin Williams + Terrence Ross + Raja Bell + TOR 2013 2nd Round Pick
To UTA: Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza

Kyle Lowry / Earl Watson / John Lucas
Demar Derozan / Alan Anderson / Wayne Ellington
Rudy Gay / Landry Fields / Mikael Pietrus
Andrea Bargnani / Ed Davis / Quincy Acy
Jonas Val / Amir Johnson / Aaron Gray

solid team it would be really fun to watch.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,483

Post#293 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 am

^^ swap Wroten with either Ellington or Watson and I'd be ok with it.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#294 » by TheGoodDoctor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:42 am

If we were to get Rudy here I so don't want DeRozan to be the SG we keep.

Ross is a much better fit.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#295 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:If we were to get Rudy here I so don't want DeRozan to be the SG we keep.

Ross is a much better fit.

I agree. But, I also think Alan Anderson would be a good fit at the 2 as well over DeMar, despite being the young, more talented player. And I don't think Anderson would be too costly to retain, either. It's arguably the best lineup we could put out there surrounding Rudy Gay imo, because it offers grit, spacing with Lowry, Anderson, and even with Amir capable of hitting the occasional 15 ft jumper, and I think it's just more balanced.

Lowry
Anderson
Gay
A. Johnson
Valanciunas

I keep coming back to this though with the idea of acquiring Rudy Gay - DeMar and Andrea would both need to be traded by the start of next season (if not in the trade itself for R. Gay). We could then allocate the combined 20 mil. those two make to re-sign Lowry, fill out the roster with depth that meshes well with the core of Lowry-Valanciunas-Gay (which is a core I can actually get behind).

As it stands now, it's clear we need to make some sort of consolidating move. We have two quality PGs, 3 guys who could play a role at SG in DeRozan, Ross, Anderson, and 2 guys who are paid a combined 11 mil in Kleiza and Fields, even though both have been very mediocre as SFs, to put it mildly. We also have 3 PFs in Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, and Andrea Bargnani, who are all capable in their own ways, and we have to take into account the development of a young C in Jonas, so not everyone will get quality PT, or the time they need to flourish with the depth chart being what it is currently.

Our roster almost necessitates a move like this, whether it be to trade for a Rudy Gay, or even a Danny Granger from Indy.
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#296 » by Cipoteman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 am

Green and Courtney Lee are playing poorly this season after signing long-term deals. Do you think Boston would do this?

Il Mago + Alan Anderson + Kleiza

Jeff Green + Courtney Lee + Jared Sullinger + lottery protected pick
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,217

Post#297 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Out of these 3 potential trades, which one do you guys think is more likely? Which one will you prefer?

#1. Bargnani to Denver for Wilson Chandler and Mozgov

#2. Bargnani to Boston for Jeff Green

#3. Jose, Klieza, Ross, and 2 2nd round picks to Memphis for Rudy Gay?

I think #1 is more likely; Denver can use a stretch 4 and are probably regretting giving Chandler such a big contract (can use a change in scenery). Chandler will instantly be our best 3, and Mozgov is a better back up at C (takes pressure off Jonas for his first year). I think this trade fills needs for both teams.

#2 will require more pieces (I can see Celtics wanting Alan Anderson; nice vet for their playoff push). Not sure if Boston wants Bargnani (maybe) and Green seems to be improving as of late. Green will also be our best 3 and more affordable than Gay.

#3. I do not believe we have the best pieces to offer (no 1st round pick), but I will be willing to give up Ross and 2 2nd rounders (Our team sucks at drafting 2nd rounds anyways). Linas has to go though (need to shed some contract to make it fair). Gay will instantly be the best player we had since Vince.
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#298 » by Cipoteman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Out of these 3 potential trades, which one do you guys think is more likely? Which one will you prefer?

#1. Bargnani to Denver for Wilson Chandler and Mozgov

#2. Bargnani to Boston for Jeff Green

#3. Jose, Klieza, Ross, and 2 2nd round picks to Memphis for Rudy Gay?

I think the 2nd one is the most likely to happen. I can see Boston getting Bargs because players like Rondo, Garnett and the rest can hide some of his defensive faults, and he is still a talented guy that can score 20 points every night... remember that he was a #1 pick.

The #1 is likely only because we have BC as GM and it is really stupid for us. Chandler has had a very seriuos injury, the same that Johnny Flynn had (and do you know where is he playing now?), I don't think anybody will trade for him without checking his status first.

I don't see the 3rd. In my view, DeRozan = two inch shorter Gay, they're wings that don't score consisttently from the 3, none of them create for others, they hardly pass the ball and they've got the tools to be great defenders... but they aren't. Hell yeah it'd be a huge improvement over Pietrus, but I don't want Bargs to stay here and be our ONLY 3 pt threat. Not to mention that Gay's contract is terrible. On the SF position I want somebody that does what Demar doesn't!
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#299 » by Troubadour » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkzpjk2

Toronto Trades:
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis
Andrea Bargnani

Receives:
Rudy Gay
Patrick Patterson

Memphis Trades:
Rudy Gay

Receives:
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis
Carlos Delfino

Houston Trades:
Patrick Patterson
Carlos Delfino

Receives:
Andrea Bargnani
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#300 » by Hassassin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't think the Rockets do that. Patterson was playing much better than Bargnani was before their injuries and he is on his rookie contract. Even Morris can provide Bargnani's production at a much cheaper rate.

Return to Toronto Raptors