ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Landomar
Bench Warmer
And1: 373

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#571 » by Landomar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 am

Here's a crazy idea.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bekoeh7

Kyle Lowry to OKC for Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones. To make salaries match, we could also take back Eric Maynor, while adding Alan Anderson and Quincy Acy. We also might be able to get them to throw in some type of future draft pick, but whether or not this would be needed, I'll leave up to the reader. :P

For OKC
- They would massively upgrade their backup PG spot, while also enabling some crazy smallball lineups of death (as we know Westbrook can handle playing SG defensively in certain situations).
- They improve their 2013 lottery pick by weakening the Raptors for the rest of the year
- Lamb and P.Jones aren't playing now anyway, and OKC can use their upcoming draft picks to fill in anticipated rotation openings with cost effective players (such as Kevin Martin's current spot / role)

For TOR
- We add two young players with high upside, while also preparing to gear up for a strong 2013-2014 tanking campaign (or at least this would be one framework in which this kind of deal could make sense). In other words, get worse for the short term, while hopefully adding some useful long term pieces.
- We avoid having to decide whether to overpay Lowry, lose him for nothing, or attempt to trade him later. Just get it over with I say :P
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#572 » by sweetcity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 pm

DeRozan + Bargnani + Fields to Charlotte for Diop + Gordon + 2014 Pistons 1st

clears tons of salary and gives us a late lotto pick.

Eric Bledsoe for Ed Davis

Dont need Ed and Amir, this trade gives us the ability to trade Lowry, Bledsoe who is arguably the better player and will be a little cheaper.

Lowry to Sacramento for Garcia for 2014 unprotected 1st

Raptors - PLUS CAP SPACE TO SIGN A MAX CONTRACT OR TWO LARGER FA DEALS

Bledsoe - FA
Ross - Raps 2014 1st
2014 Sacramento Unprotected 1st -
Amir - Pistons 2014 1st
JV - FA
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#573 » by dagger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 pm

sweetcity wrote:DeRozan + Bargnani + Fields to Charlotte for Diop + Gordon + 2014 Pistons 1st

Dont need Ed and Amir, this trade gives us the ability to trade Lowry, Bledsoe who is arguably the better player and will be a little cheaper.

Bledsoe - FA
Ross - Raps 2014 1st
Amir - Pistons 2014 1st
JV - FA

Why, given our history and current situation, would we want max cap space at this juncture. What bad team not in New York or Los Angeles has ever signed a max free agent - except perhaps, by egregiously overpaying.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#574 » by dagger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Landomar wrote:Here's a crazy idea.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bekoeh7

Kyle Lowry to OKC for Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones. To make salaries match, we could also take back Eric Maynor, while adding Alan Anderson and Quincy Acy. We also might be able to get them to throw in some type of future draft pick, but whether or not this would be needed, I'll leave up to the reader. :P

For OKC
- They would massively upgrade their backup PG spot, while also enabling some crazy smallball lineups of death (as we know Westbrook can handle playing SG defensively in certain situations).
- They improve their 2013 lottery pick by weakening the Raptors for the rest of the year
- Lamb and P.Jones aren't playing now anyway, and OKC can use their upcoming draft picks to fill in anticipated rotation openings with cost effective players (such as Kevin Martin's current spot / role)

For TOR
- We add two young players with high upside, while also preparing to gear up for a strong 2013-2014 tanking campaign (or at least this would be one framework in which this kind of deal could make sense). In other words, get worse for the short term, while hopefully adding some useful long term pieces.
- We avoid having to decide whether to overpay Lowry, lose him for nothing, or attempt to trade him later. Just get it over with I say :P

What have Lamb and Jones done to prove they are good prospects? And where do you find time/space to develop Lamb in particular with our glut at SG? If anything, Ross deserves more minutes, not a time share with Lamb behind DeMar.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
YoungD23
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#575 » by YoungD23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm

sweetcity wrote:its all just hypothetical and for fun bro... I realize you have 25,000 posts, so this forum is your life basically. I'd suggest chilling out a little though, you aren't taking over for BC or any GM in this lifetime
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#576 » by sweetcity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm

dagger wrote:
sweetcity wrote:DeRozan + Bargnani + Fields to Charlotte for Diop + Gordon + 2014 Pistons 1st

Bledsoe - FA
Ross - Raps 2014 1st
Amir - Pistons 2014 1st
JV - FA

Why, given our history and current situation, would we want max cap space at this juncture. What bad team not in New York or Los Angeles has ever signed a max free agent - except perhaps, by egregiously overpaying.

Dagger, again you need to chill out. Did you read the part about two larger FA's? I understand the chances of signing a max guy (unless he is Canadian are slim) doesnt mean we couldnt be competitive in a bidding process for a player like Paul Millsap
Ice102
Banned User
And1: 207

Post#577 » by Ice102 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Those trades aren't bad but if we're interested in future cap space and picks, I'd rather just go with what I suggested previously. With this scenario, you keep Davis instead of Johnson, which is better for the future:

Ice102 wrote:This would be an effort to tank next year and be in a great position to acquire Wiggins/Parker and another strong asset or two.

Trade 1:

TOR- Bargnani, Johnson for CHA-Thomas, Gordon and DET 1ST

Trade 2:

TOR- Calderon to UTA- Filler (a longer contract if need be) and 2014 1ST rd. pick (Top 7 protected)

Trade 3:

TOR- Lowry to IND- Filler (longer contract if need be) and 2014 1ST rd. pick (top-7 protected)
-Like Utah, Indiana needs a solid point guard to help them advance further.

So we lose Bargnani, Calderon and Amir and have to pick up terrible contracts like Gordon and Thomas (and maybe one or two others in the other deals), but TOR gains 3 1st rd. picks in next years draft - add that to our own pick, and we'll have four first round picks in a strong draft.

We'll also be able to develop our players such as Val, Davis and Ross and increase their value if we need to make a move up on Draft Day 2014.

Would you guys do these deals?
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#578 » by Troubadour » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Toronto Trades:
Andrea Bargnani
Linas Kleiza
John Lucas III
Aaron Gray

Lakers Trade:
Pau Gasol

Raptors:
Jose Calderon/Kyle Lowry
Demar DeRozan/Terrence Ross
Landry Fields/Alan Anderson
Ed Davis/Quincy Acy
Pau Gasol/Amir Johnson

Jonas could come off bench or start with Pau. Probably back up for Gasol, though
waltthewiz
Junior
And1: 21

Post#579 » by waltthewiz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm

DET Trades:

Jonas Jerebko

TOR Trades:

Linas Kleiza

Jerebko is unhappy with his role and has two years remaining. Kleiza has one year remaining.

I liked what Jerebko brought to Detroit his rookie season. Could form a good rotation with him and Landry at SF.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#580 » by Hassassin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Change Kleiza to Fields and I'd do it.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#581 » by pspot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

I like Jerebko in the mold of another Amir

wouldn't mind a big man rotation of Val, Davis, Amir, Jerebko
scoring would have to increase from the 2 and 3 though but defensively I like it
nm
Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#582 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 pm

pspot wrote:I like Jerebko in the mold of another Amir

wouldn't mind a big man rotation of Val, Davis, Amir, Jerebko
scoring would have to increase from the 2 and 3 though but defensively I like it

I think JJ is more of a 3 than a 4
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#583 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

waltthewiz wrote:DET Trades:

Jonas Jerebko

TOR Trades:

Linas Kleiza

Jerebko is unhappy with his role and has two years remaining. Kleiza has one year

I liked what Jerebko brought to Detroit his rookie season. Could form a good rotation with him and Landry at SF.

This is exactly the type of spare parts move I expect BC to make nearing the deadline remaining rather then actually doing something to make us better.

Jerebko may find his form here, but he may not.
Even if he returns to rookie form he is just another roleplayer in a sea of them on our roster.

This deal could very well happen as the discussion on draft night was that BC wanted Jerebko from Detroit, now he has his chance.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#584 » by BillyGM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Just noticed this guy is in dleague, could be same hidden gem as Alan Anderson
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQTFyzsNDc[/youtube]
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#585 » by douggood » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

I am in the camp of having to take a step backwards, for a chance to take 2 steps forward. We have been a perpetual middling team for the last decade. This new era of nba with the new CBA which limits contracts lengths and has max caps on salary has reduced the trades where teams would dump star players for expiring contracts and potential players. That is what the raptors are built for, there isnt a KG trade(min to bos) on the horizon anytime soon. Trades for stars are now when a player is on the last year of his contract wont resign and essentially dictates what team he would like to be traded to. (melo, dwight, dwill)

Charlotte is potentially interested in trading their pick this year. They also have a few good picks owed to them (det and portland)

Andrea + DD + Davis
For Gordon + Diop + 2013 pick (or both the picks from det and portland)

Serves a few purposes. Clears playing time for Ross, JV, Amir and Acy.
Creates cap room next offseason. Gets us a pick. Plus helps in potentially keeping the pick this year. As things stand right now the raptors equi distance from a playoff spot as to the #1 pick. Lets tank the rest of the season and give us the best chance at a top 3 pick and thus keeping the pick this year.

Furthermore trade calderon for a player with 1 year left on his deal along with a late pick. Players like Biedrins, salmons.

Put all your eggs in potential picks this year + cap space next offseason. Only hope is to play the lottery(draft) enough times to hit the jackpot.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#586 » by WalterCronkite » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

shaneb1990 wrote:bargnani for gasol a good trade?

visit http://torontoraptorsiq.blogspot.ca/

Yet another shameless plug. Tsk tsk.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#587 » by bboyskinnylegs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Leolovinliberal wrote:
kingz32 wrote:Would the Nets accept a Dwight Howard + 1st round Draft Pick for Brooks Lopez & Marshon Brooks deal?

Uh.............this is the Raptors trade idea thread.

maybe we're throwing in the 1st round pick
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#588 » by Homer Jay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm

I can't pin down exactly where he might land. But I think we put Jose out there for a first and a similar salary that expires next year, whether that is one player or spread over two. I think that is attainable. There are a lot of top teams that could use a back-up PG, and solid shooter off the bench like Jose.

I think Bargs is out there, but realistically the only thing coming back is a similar player on a bad deal (think Tyrus Thomas). Only advantage is maybe that guy expires a year earlier. I don't expect anything like a first to be included, maybe two seconds at best.

I don't see Lowry being moved this season. Perhaps this off-season at the earliest. I don't think the org has soured on him fully yet. He needs to be given a chance, and that ain't happening as long as we are pumping up Jose's trade value.

I think Ed and Amir's play of late will have teams calling to make offers for them. Maybe something blows away BC and Step and they end up getting dealt. Looking at his salary, I think AA has value around the league, however because it is so low he can't realistically be traded for anybody of note, just guys on second rounder type deals.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#589 » by sweetcity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

I Like Alan Anderson, but if we can use his salary to facilitate a Bargnani trade we should do that. This organization needs to decide what its doing. We either unload assets and develop Ross, Davis and JV and then tank for 2014 or we acquire something for Jose and Bargs that helps us be a fringe playoff team.... one way I just want MLSE to make up their mind
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#590 » by Cipoteman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am

Doesn't a DeRozan + filler for Danny Granger make sense for both Indiana and Toronto?

Return to Toronto Raptors