ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker room

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Re: OT: Melo Went to C's Locker room to fight KG 

Post#61 » by Oakville_Raptor » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:34 am

T'Wolves KG - My favorite NBA player of all-time

Celtics KG - My least favorite NBA player of all-time
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#62 » by West Rouge » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:10 pm

KG is awesome. A bunch of nerds behind computers calling him a "fake" tough guy is absurd. He live his persona on the court every day of his career. He not afraid to get under the shin of any player in the NBA. Look how Melo played last night/

Hes great at what he does. We could only have been so lucky to have big man like him
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#63 » by Tacoma » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:45 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:Because 90% of the time he tries to bully smaller players.

...and of course this:

Oh, thats not all. Its just that he throws dirty shots and makes players snap all day, but when they do, he just runs away and blatantly hides. He is that dog who barks behind the fence, but once you enter the yard, he freezes in fear. KG does what he does because he knows there are other people to back him up. Zach said it best, you think KG would act like this if he was playing 1on1 in some back alley, of course he wouldn't.

And no one said he is bad or that his method doesn't work. It works just fine, very efficient.

He's doing his job and threw Melo off his game in frustration. Had he not backed off and further confronted him, there would've been a fight and ejections which does his team no good. Garnett defended him aggressively as he usually does even at his age, Melo was ineffective and they won the game.

Good for Garnett for doing his job well. It would be great if an certain #1 Pick PF on the Raptors had half of his passion and played with as much aggression in the paint instead of floating at the 3 pt line. The Raptors would be a different team.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#64 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:50 pm

This reeks of the whole "cancer patient" thing that KG said to Charlie V. I'll put money on it KG said some crazy **** to Melo. Normally Melo is a laid back kinda guy, he really isn't the type to fight or start drama.

No way in hell I believe KG did not say some crazy **** to Melo. No way. Dudes don't typically wait by team bus's to knock a mofo out.
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#65 » by Sojourn » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:50 pm

melo is a weak minded individual. he was retreating from nate robinson and jarred jefferies after he sucker punched mardy collins. he routinely picks on guys who wont fight back like euros. standing outside a bus when 50 ppl are around you isnt tough, its being a fake tough guy.

maybe melo should put his anger into getting his team past the first round; maybe he should put is anger into his offseason workouts cause he's probably the worst conditioned star in the league; maybe he should have put his anger into his performance last night cause he was awful.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#66 » by Hero » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:20 pm

Good to see Melo caring more than usual?
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#67 » by Inevitable » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:30 pm

My bet is he made fun of Melo's wife's voice
Raptors Aiya
Pro Prospect
And1: 387

Post#68 » by Raptors Aiya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:38 pm

kmatrixg wrote:http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Knicks-Anthony-waits-for-Garnett-by-team?blockID=821079&feedID=10424

Melo waits for KG outside team bus

This has to knock Melo out of the top of the MVP running for sure. NBA doesn't want any behavior like this being associated with it's "Most Valuable Player". Anthony is a joke.

damn! looks like the video was removed
Raptors Aiya
Pro Prospect
And1: 387

Post#69 » by Raptors Aiya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:46 pm

[youtube]http://youtu.be/dWRFkElwTxc[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dWRFkElwTxc

If anyone missed the video...
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#70 » by sca » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:59 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:Because 90% of the time he tries to bully smaller players.

...and of course this:

Oh, thats not all. Its just that he throws dirty shots and makes players snap all day, but when they do, he just runs away and blatantly hides. He is that dog who barks behind the fence, but once you enter the yard, he freezes in fear. KG does what he does because he knows there are other people to back him up. Zach said it best, you think KG would act like this if he was playing 1on1 in some back alley, of course he wouldn't.

And no one said he is bad or that his method doesn't work. It works just fine, very efficient.

It's easy to see why he does what he does, though. Him yelling and talking trash at other players are very effective at getting in their heads and making them lose their temper, so it's beneficial for the Celtics. Him fighting with another player? Not so much. That doesn't make him "fake" or "weak" or whatever.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#71 » by Headliner » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:22 pm

A couple things.
It's basketball, almost 90% of them are 'fake tough guys'.

If KG is talking smack, calling someone a girl, making fun on their game, who they are, whatever...how is that him being tough? It's him being a dick, not tough. If he's saying i'll kick your ass, i'll knock you out, etc, then he's being fake tough...but that's not what you hear from people.

So fake tough is the wrong insult. Douchebag, ****, ****, etc are the correct ones.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,743

Post#72 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:24 pm

sca wrote:It's easy to see why he does what he does, though. Him yelling and talking trash at other players are very effective at getting in their heads and making them lose their temper, so it's beneficial for the Celtics. Him fighting with another player? Not so much. That doesn't make him "fake" or "weak" or whatever.

His methods are quite smart, but the main argument why he is fake IMO, is that he is so dirty and feels so brave until someone wants to punch his head. He is bold at throwing nut shots, talking crap and elbowing people, but his boldness suddenly disappears the second his opponent snaps and goes at him.

I agree it would be stupid for him to go into fights. Whatever he does is very valuable, but I just feel he wouldn't be the same player if he hasn't had bunch of men backing him up for whatever he is doing. That is definition of fake tough guy IMO. But thats just me.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,263

Post#73 » by brownbobcat » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:25 pm

ash_k wrote:I am still unsure why folks call KG a "fake tough guy" (is it because it came from Oakley)?

The man has been playing physical for years and years and has been the most intense player since the beginning of time and has never backed down from anyone(Duncan, etc...)

His trash talk works against the best of them;

Where is the "fake tough guy" coming from?

Sam Mitchell - KG's mentor in Minnesota.

"All that waving and clapping in a players face was unnecessary and doesn't show me how tough you are, thats fake tough and thats all for the camera's."
"If you want to see how tough you are meet me in the back of the arena or at bar and we'll see what kind of tough guy you are, but all that finger pointing and yelling is for fake tough guys and thats for the cameras."
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#74 » by Headliner » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:33 pm

Dressing like rich, old, jewish men is fake:

West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#75 » by West Rouge » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:41 pm

Headliner wrote:A couple things.
It's basketball, almost 90% of them are 'fake tough guys'.

If KG is talking smack, calling someone a girl, making fun on their game, who they are, whatever...how is that him being tough? It's him being a dick, not tough. If he's saying i'll kick your ass, i'll knock you out, etc, then he's being fake tough...but that's not what you hear from people.

So fake tough is the wrong insult. Douchebag, ****, ****, etc are the correct ones.

KG is a tough M'fkr. To be that guy in the league who is not affraid to say anything to anyone and play physical night in an night out throughout your career getting under other players skin takes balls. Not many other people have the nads to play the game the way he does. Yes he says some douchebag things, but he never shys away and is not affraid to try to piss an opponent off to take them out of there comfort zone.

Like him or not. KG is one of the toughest players to play the game.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#76 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:45 pm

KG is a pro with respect to getting into someone's head. Melo shot 6/26, lost the game, and is going to get fined, maybe suspended. KG will push his opponents as far as he can without getting himself ejected. What good does it do for the Celtics if he has to prove he can fight? The Celtics have the league's worst defense when he's not on the floor. His job is to help the team win basketball games. Maybe when he retires from the NBA and starts up a career in the UFC, all your arguments about him being a fake tough guy will start to make sense. However, seeing KG fight during an NBA game? Nope. Not going to happen. He's too smart for that.

Look at what the Knicks said about KG last night:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/melo_red_in_xGvvlZtb0QG46uk6AXPr1L

Anthony and Garnett battled with ferocity throughout the fourth quarter on the low post. Things started to escalate when Garnett wrapped up Anthony on a battle for a rebound. They picked up double technicals with 9:03 left, shouting at each other.

But Anthony wouldn’t let go of the feud, and they had to be separated multiple times. After several stoppages, Anthony kept barking at Garnett, who then started to ignore him so as not to pick up a second T. After Anthony hit a 3-pointer, he again started trash-talking to one of the league’s biggest provocateurs.

“He talks a lot, but that’s to pump himself up,’’ Camby said of Garnett. “He’s been doing it so long, it’s amazing guys still succumb to that.’’

But Anthony did. He got his fifth foul for hacking Garnett on the low block with 3:00 left, and went stone cold and started throwing up bricks to lowlight his frigid night. He was 2-of-10 in the fourth quarter.

“I’m always going to defend our players,’’ Woodson said. “In the heat of the battle, you got to hang in there and keep playing. We can’t let the officials affect how we play.’’

Tyson Chandler (13 points, 17 rebounds) wasn’t going to condemn Garnett: “He was KG. He led his team to a win. He did everything right tonight.’’

Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#77 » by Coach Smiley » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:55 pm

LOL KG completely mind fcked Melo and it worked, was one of the best games of the season!
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#78 » by Mattd97 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:02 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:T'Wolves KG - My favorite NBA player of all-time

Celtics KG - My least favorite NBA player of all-time

this with less hyperbole. respected him so much on teh wolves. dont respect him on the celtics. you just know he was cowering at the back of the bus while rondo is like 'wtf arent you gonna do something?' and pierce was 'i would so go out an do something;.... but my stomach really hurts right now and ive got a bit of a headache'
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#79 » by Green Backpack » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:10 pm

Garnett got the best of Melo last night.. nothing wrong with what he did, they were both going at it. Entertaining to say the least
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#80 » by sanity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:11 pm

Glad we have Fields instead of that headcase

Return to Toronto Raptors