ImageImageImageImageImage

Alan Anderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Re: Alan Anderson 

Post#41 » by team edward » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:36 am

AA should be playing 48 minutes/game if his legs can handle it. I know he is not the "best" player on this team, but given the other options at his position and the way he's been playing, he is the most important player on this team if we intend to win games.
theycallmeZZ
Starter
And1: 2,363

Post#42 » by theycallmeZZ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:25 am

He just got twitter

@ASqared06
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#43 » by Greg Stink » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:32 am

arbsn wrote:His nickname is the Anti-Tank

AKA the Anti-Harrison Barnes

I like "12 Steps".
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,917

Post#44 » by Vorticity » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:53 am

Underrated Defender *in limited minutes*
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#45 » by Hassassin » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:00 am

dagger wrote:
TCHOKE wrote:mr anderson has been a very nice surprise this year
anderson>fields>pietrus>kleiza
bc has to sign this guy to a big contract NAO

Given his age - 30 - I'd probably explore a trade more than a new contract. If a contender wants him, we might tie him to another asset to clear salary, or use him to spice up a trade involving Jose or Andrea or whomever to get a little more back. He's the perfect off the bench glue guy for a contender because he can bring good offence, his defensive metrics are apparently very good, and he's very experienced/mature thanks to his years playing high level ball in Europe.

They are and I fully agree with Dagger. I think he is a trade chip that will be attractive to both contenders and playoff teams like the Grizzlies or the Timberwolves.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,813

Post#46 » by junot111 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:11 am

He plays great off the bench so Casey wants him in that energizer role. Problem is, there are other guys (Kleiza and Fields) who he's obligated to give minutes to due to their contracts and experience, but they are not starter material. So therefore he has to start Pietrus by default, and then take away backup sf minutes from Anderson and give them to Kleiza/Fields from time to time. It's not ideal but I'd rather it be this way than to cut into the SG minutes (DeRozan/Ross).
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#47 » by Illuminati_ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:21 am

junot111 wrote:He plays great off the bench so Casey wants him in that energizer role. Problem is, there are other guys (Kleiza and Fields) who he's obligated to give minutes to due to their contracts and experience, but they are not starter material. So therefore he has to start Pietrus by default, and then take away backup sf minutes from Anderson and give them to Kleiza/Fields from time to time. It's not ideal but I'd rather it be this way than to cut into the SG minutes (DeRozan/Ross).

I have no issues with a more prototypical sg stealing some of derozan minutes. This kid has to be held accountable for his defense and questionable shot attempts. it's a wonder why he's designated as the #1 option with his inefficient scoring. Why he's allowed to play heavy minutes in a defensive culture when he plays NO D.
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#48 » by Spacing » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:19 pm

Illuminati_ wrote:
junot111 wrote:He plays great off the bench so Casey wants him in that energizer role. Problem is, there are other guys (Kleiza and Fields) who he's obligated to give minutes to due to their contracts and experience, but they are not starter material. So therefore he has to start Pietrus by default, and then take away backup sf minutes from Anderson and give them to Kleiza/Fields from time to time. It's not ideal but I'd rather it be this way than to cut into the SG minutes (DeRozan/Ross).

I have no issues with a more prototypical sg stealing some of derozan minutes. This kid has to be held accountable for his defense and questionable shot attempts. it's a wonder why he's designated as the #1 option with his inefficient scoring. Why he's allowed to play heavy minutes in a defensive culture when he plays NO D.

I have trouble believing this. Defense brings only 1 side of the coin, and that's stops. The other side is where we score. Holding our opponent to 0 points but scoring 0 ourselves can't net us the game. You won't have 5 two-way players on the floor at all times which is why you clog the paint with big guys when playing penetrating teams like OKC for example. I am assuming you are ragging on DeMar because he didn't shoot well in that game but I solely blame the ball dominance of Alan Anderson for that and Casey's coaching.

It's obvious that DeRozan needs screens set for him and some space to work with and all we were doing was standing around watching Alan chuck or waiting until there wasn't much time in the shot clock and giving DeRozan contested looks.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#49 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:01 pm

Spacing wrote:
Illuminati_ wrote:

I have trouble believing this. Defense brings only 1 side of the coin, and that's stops. The other side is where we score. Holding our opponent to 0 points but scoring 0 ourselves can't net us the game. You won't have 5 two-way players on the floor at all times which is why you clog the paint with big guys when playing penetrating teams like OKC for example. I am assuming you are ragging on DeMar because he didn't shoot well in that game but I solely blame the ball dominance of Alan Anderson for that and Casey's coaching.

It's obvious that DeRozan needs screens set for him and some space to work with and all we were doing was standing around watching Alan chuck or waiting until there wasn't much time in the shot clock and giving DeRozan contested looks.

Its pretty clear that DeRozan is not yet at the level of creating for himself. You see many times if he cannot loose his man off the screen, he is frustrated and just stood around. Unlike Anderson, he will make a v-cut or walk closer to show his willingness to help Calderon (or ball handler) to create ball movement.

It is more often that DeRozan cannot do much, and Anderson is the one to bail people out. DeRozan has only 9% of his shot in less than 3 seconds of the clock (from 82games), which means he cannot bail people out. Calderon and Anderson did without Bargnani. Anderson is taking Bargnani's role to bailout a lot of shot. Not even Lowry can take some of those heats, being blamed selfish when really he and Bargnani carried to offense early on, while now Calderon and Anderson helped with better offensive system.

Return to Toronto Raptors