ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Does it make you feel better that the NBA acknowledged the mistake?

Yes.
18%
No.
82%

Total votes: 95

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#81 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 pm

JN wrote:We needed these calls last year.

:lol:

I don't mind them this year either. An 8th place finish would be the worst thing to happen to this franchise because it would guarantee BC is extended.
City Wok Guy
Junior
And1: 134

Post#82 » by City Wok Guy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

We need to get a challenge system like the NFL implemented. This is getting ridiculous now.
Valanciunuts
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#83 » by Valanciunuts » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 pm

It feels good to prove those cocky Bulls fans wrong.
tiger7
Bench Warmer
And1: 714

Post#84 » by tiger7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Amon wrote:We need to get a challenge system like the NFL implemented. This is getting ridiculous now.

THIS. I'm sick of this crap. Great they apologized for their mistake. It doesn't fix anything.

Refs have f***** us over for how many games now?
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#85 » by KnickerBonkerz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 pm

RapsFanInVA wrote:Has the NBA apologized to any other teams this year for ruining a last second call?

You kinda have to wonder how many more of these apologies they'll make before they actually tell the refs to stop blatantly screwing us
roon
Rookie
And1: 471

Post#86 » by roon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 pm

I feel so ripped off. I want my money back.
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#87 » by Greg Stink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 pm

roon wrote:I feel so ripped off. I want my money back.

A fan sued over that Spurs/Heat game when Pop benched his starters. Sue the NBA in the States!
AndreasLeftCalf
Analyst
And1: 3,895

Post#88 » by AndreasLeftCalf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 am

watching the opening of the game today...........

ARE you **** KIDDING ME TWICE THIS YEAR IM **** FURIOUS
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
FlyingRat
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#89 » by FlyingRat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am

How about they stop **** the Raptors every game, they won't have to keep apologizing.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#90 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 am

An apology without consequence sends a message. The message is load and clear. We have a system. The system is as follows. The league makes more profit when there are haves and have nots. We have decided you are have nots, so the refs have been told only to allow you to win games if you're playing at 100% and there is no way bias for the other team will cause you to lose.

When it becomes too obvious what our plan is, we will throw out the occasional apology to placate the stupid fans that continue to buy tickets and pay for TV access.

The fact that there is no consequence, no fine for the referee, no awarding both the Raptors and the opposition the win, no nothing, speaks volumes.

I really like basketball, but I am a home team fan. There is no other home team to cheer for. At some point the logical part of my brain is going to win the battle over the emotional part of my brain and I will go back to hockey. The Leafs, at least, lose because they are incompetent. No ref has to be encouraged to help them lose.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#91 » by thunderforce » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:07 am

Ownership should be going ballistic on the NBA and if this happens again Casey needs to go nuts and the owners need to pay his fines . I don't see why the small market teams and the Raps don't get together next barginning time and force the league to get rid of the star calls and the cheating . Not only do the large market teams steal all the superstars but then the small market teams get screwed over on calls too .
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#92 » by Beardman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 am

It was more than a missed call, Deng WON THE GAME ! its a loss for us !

If we finish the season a game back of the playoffs then they should give us the fans who attended that game something of value. I don't expect them to help out the organization because they purposefully screwed Raps over.
C3SIUM
Starter
And1: 693

Post#93 » by C3SIUM » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

Rhettmatic wrote:As annoying as this is to everyone who wanted a win, it's still commendable that they've acknowledged the mistake publicly now, right?

Right?

Yes. Yes it is. Doesn't get our wins back. Like saying sorry after drinking and driving and killing my son. A bit extreme, but same thing.
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#94 » by Homer Jay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am

Well this is the same league that let Allen Iverson travel and double dribble incessantly, and let Shaq commit 20 offensive fouls a game, without remorse. Also orchestrated the one-sided Grizzlies-Lakers trade to boot. Stern could care less about competitve balance or fairness. He wants the best stories and the most followed teams as the most successful and filling the broadcasts. Stern is probably besides himself that Durant and Westbrook are stuck in OKC and not on the Knicks. Wasn't it going around from Wojo that Stern is upset at how successful the Spurs are because their stars are boring and the team is in the middle of nowhere? Frankly the Raps, Wolves, Bucks, Kings, Cavs are just NBA jobbers.
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#95 » by Homer Jay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am

thunderforce wrote:Ownership should be going ballistic on the NBA and if this happens again Casey needs to go nuts and the owners need to pay his fines . I don't see why the small market teams and the Raps don't get together next barginning time and force the league to get rid of the star calls and the cheating . Not only do the large market teams steal all the superstars but then the small market teams get screwed over on calls too .

Or Maybe Stern can explain how the Wolves (small market) got the book thrown at them over the Joe Smith incident, but the Heat got away with tampering with LBJ and Bosh, through Wade, without even an investigation.
akaFlip
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#96 » by akaFlip » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Da2xBkal0[/youtube]
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#97 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 am

Rhettmatic wrote:As annoying as this is to everyone who wanted a win, it's still commendable that they've acknowledged the mistake publicly now, right?

Right?

Lol, not really. It's more odd than anything. It's not like that missed call was particularly egregious; in fact, there are far more egregious missed calls made over the course of an average NBA game. It just so happened to occur in a "clutch" situation.

But I'm thinking our management has been particularly vociferous in complaining to the league this season. Not sure how else to explain why we've received TWO league apologies already. Almost makes me feel like we're being patted on the head, like a retarde-d child. I have to say, there is something very odd and unsettling about this phenomenon.

And, frankly, I'm getting sick of Matt and Jack complaining about the reffing. They sound like homer idiots, and they're deluding the fans into thinking that our ineptitude is mostly attributable to our being persecuted by the refs/league (which is clearly not the reason we suck).
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#98 » by Greg Stink » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 am

Absolutely better than nothing.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#99 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 am

Chalk up another W for BC in his next board presentation.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#100 » by Scase » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:34 am

Enjoy a first round pick in yet another terrible draft class.
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors