ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, Rhettmatic, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Alfred, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Undefeated

Does it make you feel better that the NBA acknowledged the mistake?

Yes.
17
18%
No.
78
82%
 
Total votes: 95

User avatar
visionquest
Senior
Posts: 558
And1: 235
Joined: Mar 06, 2010

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#121 » by visionquest » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 am

We should get 1 more ping-pong ball per blown call admitted by NBA.
User avatar
Tha Cynic
General Manager
Posts: 9,158
And1: 2,278
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Starin' at the world through my rearview

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#122 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 am

visionquest wrote:We should get 1 more ping-pong ball per blown call admitted by NBA.


OKC did get another ping pong ball.

Either way, the Raptors shouldn't care. It's not like they're going anywhere anyways. The Bulls need the win much more, so they can be in a better position when Rose returns.
Kobe Bryant on farewell season:If you booed me for 18, 19 years, boo me for the 20th. That’s the game, man."
User avatar
TheGoodDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,349
And1: 4,626
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Location: Jurassic Park
 

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#123 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:57 am

Scase wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:
StatLine wrote:This foreshadows 1st overall pick all over it


If only that were true.

I would be perfectly fine drafting Shabazz....or Noel this year.

It would be much better than I expected from a team who's talent usually has them and should keep them locked in the 7th -12th position in the draft.

Meh I'd still rather get it in 2014 and get a REAL franchise player.


Of course....we'd all prefer that.

But in reality again we would most likely end up drafting 7-12th.

The previous poster said us getting #1 overall.

So if ended up with the #1 pick this year that would just be gravy because I certainly don't expect our GM to be able to spot hidden talent at 7th pick AT BEST by next year I'm thinking we would more likely be 9th and above in the draft. Personally I prefer the odds of one of Shabazz or Noel becoming a more impactful player than Colangelo trying to get lucky and fish out comparable talent at 9th or so in next year's draft.

Trust me I'm not a fan of winning this draft because this does feel very much like 06' all over again good talent but great talent in the very next one. Just I would pray that should this happen that we draft an "Aldridge, Rondo or Roy" type of talent like I believe is in this draft and not another Bargnani.
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ HOLD UP, HOLD UP-------#WETHENORTH.
Image
Laowai
Analyst
Posts: 3,363
And1: 25
Joined: Jun 08, 2010

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#124 » by Laowai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am

Yes the refs blew the game and overall the calls in general have gone against the RAPTORS but our coach has lost more games than the refs.
Canadian in China
User avatar
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,522
And1: 1,077
Joined: Aug 08, 2007
Location: Its ALL about Location, Location, Location!

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#125 » by YogiStewart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 pm

visionquest wrote:We should get 1 more ping-pong ball per blown call admitted by NBA.


and it should take a year to craft these ping pong balls
Oogla Carr: MLSE Employee of the Year
User avatar
J-Roc
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 3,610
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
       

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#126 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm

What made last night worse is Nick Young fist pumping because he made his first defensive play of his career.
Image
cer0_tolerance
Ballboy
Posts: 31
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#127 » by cer0_tolerance » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

im telling you all idk what the nba is hiring these days............................ as much as i love my raptors they will never contend in the playoffs with that kind of defence. Every close games and overtime games shouldn't b happening at all you gatta finish the game strong or go home.
SCF99
Senior
Posts: 569
And1: 10
Joined: Jun 30, 2005

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#128 » by SCF99 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

No we should get two ping pong balls because of the missed push on Anderson at the end of regulation.
HangTime
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,304
And1: 330
Joined: Oct 18, 2011

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#129 » by HangTime » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Also can't belive the refs didn't call out-of-bounds on Deng when his hand touched the endline, and he was first 1 to touch the ball.
User avatar
Scase
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,951
And1: 1,877
Joined: Feb 02, 2009
Location: Ottawa by way of MTL
       

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#130 » by Scase » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
Scase wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:
If only that were true.

I would be perfectly fine drafting Shabazz....or Noel this year.

It would be much better than I expected from a team who's talent usually has them and should keep them locked in the 7th -12th position in the draft.

Meh I'd still rather get it in 2014 and get a REAL franchise player.


Of course....we'd all prefer that.

But in reality again we would most likely end up drafting 7-12th.

The previous poster said us getting #1 overall.

So if ended up with the #1 pick this year that would just be gravy because I certainly don't expect our GM to be able to spot hidden talent at 7th pick AT BEST by next year I'm thinking we would more likely be 9th and above in the draft. Personally I prefer the odds of one of Shabazz or Noel becoming a more impactful player than Colangelo trying to get lucky and fish out comparable talent at 9th or so in next year's draft.

Trust me I'm not a fan of winning this draft because this does feel very much like 06' all over again good talent but great talent in the very next one. Just I would pray that should this happen that we draft an "Aldridge, Rondo or Roy" type of talent like I believe is in this draft and not another Bargnani.

I really don't have confidence in him to really make a good choice with the first pick either, I'd rather give our pick away to OKC this year and see BC sent packing then get us a real GM who is willing to tank for 2014.

Which seems more and more likely as the season presses on and this team continues to crash and burn. With the way things have been going it seems pretty unlikely that BC will be extended so hitting the 7-10th range next year I feel is pretty unlikely as well.
Image
Props TZ!
User avatar
Indeed
RealGM
Posts: 13,180
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 21, 2009

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#131 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:33 pm

team edward wrote:$100 says we miss the playoffs by one games.


Fixed.
And the 8th seed is the Bulls.
User avatar
Bankai
RealGM
Posts: 21,610
And1: 8,261
Joined: Oct 16, 2006
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#132 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

HangTime wrote:Also can't belive the refs didn't call out-of-bounds on Deng when his hand touched the endline, and he was first 1 to touch the ball.

I think I know which one were you talking about, is that the one where Nate Robinson dove for the ball and had it but his whole hand was planted on the out of bounds line, and they didnt call anything? :-?
User avatar
dice
RealGM
Posts: 19,978
And1: 3,254
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#133 » by dice » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm

HangTime wrote:Also can't belive the refs didn't call out-of-bounds on Deng when his hand touched the endline, and he was first 1 to touch the ball.

did he touch the ball WHILE his hand was on the endline? if not, the rule you're referring to is an NFL rule, not NBA
http://www.kiva.org
better than charity
User avatar
bape_lovers
RealGM
Posts: 10,552
And1: 4,789
Joined: Oct 28, 2010
 

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#134 » by bape_lovers » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Get the hell out of here.....
Image

Credit to raptors3
User avatar
xAIRNESSx
General Manager
Posts: 8,142
And1: 824
Joined: Jan 06, 2005
Location: Mississauga
         

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#135 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 am

User avatar
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 29,061
And1: 901
Joined: Apr 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#136 » by darth_federer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 am

I just hope that this wont be used as an excuse by Colangelo when he tries to justify the record at the end of the year.

Poor call and I cant imagine that the league office is happy about this.
Image

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
User avatar
zilby
RealGM
Posts: 12,992
And1: 2,355
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: T-Dot
     

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#137 » by zilby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 am

darth_federer wrote:I just hope that this wont be used as an excuse by Colangelo when he tries to justify the record at the end of the year.

Poor call and I cant imagine that the league office is happy about this.

Haha! The refs botched another call for the Raptors. That makes three this season. Now that the plan to neutralize their playoff plan is in motion, my dream of the Heat-Lakers in the finals is one step closer to reality! The ratings, the money.... Oh, the possibilities!


Image
Image
http://www.turbozone.ca/
Raptors/Blue Jays/New York Jets
suntzuballin
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,472
And1: 1,007
Joined: Feb 07, 2011
 

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#138 » by suntzuballin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 am

zilby wrote:
darth_federer wrote:I just hope that this wont be used as an excuse by Colangelo when he tries to justify the record at the end of the year.

Poor call and I cant imagine that the league office is happy about this.

Haha! The refs botched another call for the Raptors. That makes three this season. Now that the plan to neutralize their playoff plan is in motion, my dream of the Heat-Lakers in the finals is one step closer to reality! The ratings, the money.... Oh, the possibilities!


Image

rigging the game and drafts lol
User avatar
deeps6x
Analyst
Posts: 3,279
And1: 1,081
Joined: Nov 28, 2008
   

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#139 » by deeps6x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 am

If Marion only got fined $25,000 for saying it is hard to win when playing 5 on 8, then I think it is about time someone on the Raptors steps up and says the same damn thing.

Jose? Step up and be a leader. Doesn't look like it will cost you too much.

This anti-Raptor ref bias has to be stopped. Maybe some publicity will help.

Did the NBA front office issue a record third apology to the Raptors for the horrible refereeing last game yet?


I'm telling you, we need a challenge flag with unlimited uses until you lose a challenge. It works in the NFL. Refs don't want to be embarrassed on TV. We need something similar in the NBA. If that makes games too long for the TV slot, make the slot wider, or just cut the useless banter at the start of the broadcasts.
Sent from my iPhone7 using Frappatappatalk 2.0 beta (who gives a duck?!?)
User avatar
GREY 1769
Head Coach
Posts: 7,185
And1: 4,193
Joined: Mar 17, 2010
Location: White and Red Blue and White
   

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#140 » by GREY 1769 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 am

The best is that BC is on the competition committee. Use that influence, BC! :lol:
ImageImage

Return to Toronto Raptors


Users browsing this forum: Bankai, Google [Bot], Raps Militia, Thespianoid