ImageImageImageImageImage

DeRozan needs to be traded while there's still a little buzz

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Re: DeRozan needs to be traded while there's still a little  

Post#46 » by Slackstring701 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 am

DeRozan is such a **** scrub

But he's a high character guy so lets give him 40 million

**** you clownangelo.

**** this frachise.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#47 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 am

Demar is literally paid more than twice as much as he's worth per year. He's like a 4 mil a year talent. Like a 3/12 type of player. It's absolutely incredible how much he got overpaid, when there was no pressure for us to sign him with RFA coming up, with Demar coming off a bad season. At least the Bargnani one sort of made sense because he had made a big improvement the year before and everyone believed in his talent level.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#48 » by Chaos Engine » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am

He starts every game 3/3 on long twos, and then proceeds to chuck up more long twos. When he starts bricking them all, he drives the lane not looking to score, but to get to the line. He gets stripped or blocked, and proceeds to play matador defense on the other end.

He's garbage and has such an ugly game to watch. He's 4 years in and 8000+ minutes into his career. Who cares if he's 23, he's not getting much better. I don't care about his work ethic or his love for Toronto. I want a baller. Trade his ass for Tyreke Evans right now. Evans at least is a physical freak and has talent.

Another terrible contract for BC.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#49 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 am

I'm always confused with the DeMar hate threads. He's not playing any worse than ever before. If anything he's a bit better.

He's not good, mind you. But did you people think he was going to get good because he studies game film at night? Like, if the game film tells him he can score easily by spotting up for a corner 3....
realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,162

Post#50 » by realball » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:09 am

J-Roc wrote:I'm always confused with the DeMar hate threads. He's not playing any worse than ever before. If anything he's a bit better.

He's not good, mind you. But did you people think he was going to get good because he studies game film at night? Like, if the game film tells him he can score easily by spotting up for a corner 3....

No, we just thought he would stay aggressive. He started off the season strong, he was posting up, passing the ball, playing better defense, but all that has gone away. Now he's just a jump shooter who just kills our offense every time he touches the ball.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#51 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 am

realball wrote:
J-Roc wrote:I'm always confused with the DeMar hate threads. He's not playing any worse than ever before. If anything he's a bit better.

No, we just thought he would stay aggressive. He started off the season strong, he was posting up, passing the ball, playing better defense, but all that has gone away. Now he's just a jump shooter who just kills our offense every time he touches the ball.

Well once a scouting report got created, he wasn't going to find the same holes. You can wait another year or so for him to develop alternate moves.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#52 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 am

I don't think you're implying that there is actually a "buzz" per say around DeRozan but I get trading him before teams think of him as a bad contract. Right now he is a young player with some upside and can be sold that way since he averages 17+ppg.

Anyone that is realistic with themselves knows that he's not likely to be any better than maybe a couple points better (19ppg not 20) than that at his absolute best and most likely will only be for a season or two tops. The time to trade him is definitely NOW....before this "upside" story can't be sold by another GM and so he imo he has to be traded for another more talented player who is just not supported by his franchise anymore (ie/ Tyreke, Gay) or really doesn't want to be there (ie/ Gordon). I'm becoming a broken record but I really hope for once one of my ideas (that others share in) sticks like drafting Drummond, like targeting Harden etc....I don't want this to be another case where we miss out; its becoming too much to take.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#53 » by DHK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:I don't think you're implying that there is actually a "buzz" per say around DeRozan but I get trading him before teams think of him as a bad contract. Right now he is a young player with some upside and can be sold that way since he averages 17+ppg.

Anyone that is realistic with themselves knows that he's not likely to be any better than maybe a couple points better (19ppg not 20) than that at his absolute best and most likely will only be for a season or two tops. The time to trade him is definitely NOW....before this "upside" story can't be sold by another GM and so he imo he has to be traded for another more talented player who is just not supported by his franchise anymore (ie/ Tyreke, Gay) or really doesn't want to be there (ie/ Gordon). I'm becoming a broken record but I really hope for once one of my ideas (that others share in) sticks like drafting Drummond, like targeting Harden etc....I don't want this to be another case where we miss out; its becoming too much to take.

Gay will lock us into a treadmill team that floats between 7th-12th every year where we can no longer make upg'rades for 3 years. It would be a pipe dream if we could get Tyreke for DD though although his defense is worse than that of DD.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#54 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 am

DHK wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:I don't think you're implying that there is actually a "buzz" per say around DeRozan but I get trading him before teams think of him as a bad contract. Right now he is a young player with some upside and can be sold that way since he averages 17+ppg.

Gay will lock us into a treadmill team that floats between 7th-12th every year where we can no longer make upg'rades for 3 years. It would be a pipe dream if we could get Tyreke for DD though although his defense is worse than that of DD.

I already said this in anoth thread but Gay instead of a DeRozan and Calderon or Gordon instead of DeRozan + Calderon is easily better and that's the reality. You and others are only kidding themselves if you think Jose is just coming off the books and that's the end of it....

Colangelo absolutely sh*ts our cap down the drain year after year on the DeRozan's and Bargnanis. I rather take a player that is actually talented than waste that same money on 2 useless, one-dimensional, "high-character" nerds that don't win games.

This is...

Gordon vs DeRozan/Davis
Gay vs Calderon/Fields

On our roster for the next 3-4 years and easily choose the first optio (there is no true rebuild coming so stop dreaming and this roster is bad but not bad enough to be in the top end of a draft). Again Colangelo WILL blow our cap on Fields, Bargnani, DeRozan, Amirs of the league or imo preferrably use that same amount trading for players like Gordon or Gay who will easily take us further.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#55 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 am

fatal9 wrote:In terms of utility, he is probably a bottom 50 rotation player in the league. Maybe the most unwarranted, unnecessary extension I've ever seen to one of the most useless players I've ever seen. All you can do is lol at what a moron BC is. He probably heard good things about DeMar in the US select team scrimmages and watched some Drew League footage and thought "man...I'm so ahead of the game, I'm gonna lock him up for a bargain."

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Probably heard a lot of stuff about how he learned a lot from hanging around the Kobes and Wades. While that may be true, I am certain the DeMar doesn't have the skills and ability to translate that knowledge onto the basketball court.

fatal9 wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:The worst part about him is his basketball IQ. he makes me cringe when he gets the ball.

Dude needs like 5 seconds to process where he even is on the court. Then another few seconds to make a passive dribble or two, that doesn't force rotations or anything (in fact probably helps defense get more set), then a pass back out to Calderon because he has the faceup iso-ability of a scrub.

You're on point man! That's why we don't see many draw and kick from him. He doesn't make moves on the catch when he's got players running at him. He takes his time to survey the floor. Sorry DeMar, but that's too late. Whatever advantage you had is gone.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#56 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:59 am

You won't find a team dumb enough to absorb his salary without shipping us something equally bad. Between him, Bargnani and Fields we have quite the **** of unmovable contracts
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#57 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:01 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
DHK wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:...

Gordon vs DeRozan/Davis
Gay vs Calderon/Fields

Those would be some amazing deals. Too bad or gm isn't that sharp. He'll think we're giving up to much.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#58 » by WigginsNation » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 am

Derozan should definitely be traded in a package of some sort before the trade deadline. He's been playing decent because he's one of the focal points of our offense, but once that changes he will be of no real use. He cant do anything effectively besides score, if even that. Yah he's still young, but his upside isnt screaming at anyone.

If im BC i'd be eyeing Eric Gordon, or if that doesnt workout, offer DD straight up for Tyreke.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,530

Post#59 » by C_Money » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 am

How many of us were saying "Don't give him that f'king contract!" to both Demar and Landry Fields?

BC is just SOOOOOO bad.
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#60 » by sycammer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 am

the only positive in this is that it was 4 yr contract, but yes, it was questionable decision to sign him, as he had done nothing to deserve such a contract. same for fields also, no one is happy about it but we can trade them out and get cap space/ late 1st rd pick(s) , i would take it.

bottom-line this team has suffered due to bad management we fix that - only then this franchise can move forward
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#61 » by Ducksplatt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:35 pm

I wonder what team DD would fit on the best? I always here that if the Raps traded for Gay, him and DD would duplicate themselves. So, what is a better fit for DD than the Raps
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#62 » by pkiskool » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm

DD for JR Smith

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#63 » by Big Shot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm

pkiskool wrote:DD for JR Smith

GG isn't gonna get drunk like you. :D
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#64 » by Green Backpack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm

About a 1% chance of this happening given the extension we signed him to
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#65 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm

pkiskool wrote:DD for JR Smith

JR at least has some consideration for the All-Star team

This season comparison JR is better than DeRozan in Total rebound percentage, assist percentage, steals percentage, block percentage, etc. Only advantage is DD has a higher TS% with .511 comapred to Smith's .496. Thing is JR has a higher usage percentage as well...and has shown that he is capable of taking the big shots, such as game winners. JR Smith also actually displays his athleticism and has better ball handling ability. All he needs is discipline and guidance from a good coach.

JR all the way tbh.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.

Return to Toronto Raptors