yardbarker

Toronto Raptors Recent Draft History

Year Round Pick Player HT WT Pre-Draft Team
2012 1 8 Terrence Ross 6-6 195 Washington
2012 2 37 Quincy Acy 6-7 225 Baylor
2012 2 56 Tomislav Zubcic 6-10 210 KK Cibona (Croatia)
2011 1 5 Jonas Valanciunas 6-11 231 Lietuvos Rytas (Lithuania)
2010 1 13 Ed Davis 6-10 225 North Carolina
2010 2 50 Solomon Alabi 7-1 252 Florida State

See complete Toronto Raptors draft history

PG: Bed crap

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Alfred, Morris_Shatford

Post#196 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm by Bankai

^
This team has alot of good pieces, but for us to get over the hump, the Raptors have to get rid of these good pieces just to obtain that one cornerstone player first. If the Raptors had Wiggins with these guys, it would look awesome, too bad the Raptors have to move most of these guys in an attempt to land Wiggins first. :( Raptors are boned if they cant even move some huge contracts first.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 1,648

Post#197 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 pm by Thelonious

It definitely felt like the decision to play Demar to close out the game was made to answer to some kind of request. Could be anything from ownership, agent, BC, sponsor, league...
Thelonious

Analyst
And1: 183

Post#198 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 pm by Viatical

I'll find a silver lining for you guys, sure:

This game was an important milestone in Terrence Ross' development. He was excellent tonight.
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#199 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm by Strategist1

We will continue to struggle until we can find a player who can either
1) command double teams
2) draw fouls at an above average rate (get to the free throw line especially during crunch time)

Lowry is the closest thing to this I guess.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 100

Post#200 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 pm by Thelonious

Viatical wrote:I'll find a silver lining for you guys, sure:

This game was an important milestone in Terrence Ross' development. He was excellent tonight.

Sure he rebounded well and he defended okay for a rookie.

Other than that he was hot, which for confidence is nice, but I would hardly call it a milestone. Acy on the other hand seems to be starting to carve out a niche.
Thelonious

Analyst
And1: 183

Post#201 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 pm by Centre Court

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Centre Court wrote:Remember that the problem is not a lack of talent. Colangelo assured us that the Raps are loaded with talent.

First thing MLSE is to fire Colangelo and let Stefanski and Embry start ripping apart this collection of bums. I would start with trading DeMar and Bargnani.

Bryan has run out of excuses.

Absolutely. Put him out of his misery.

It is obvious that Bryan's success in Phoenix was because his Dad was calling the shots. I supported BC for six years, but the guy is clueless. His record doesn't lie.
Centre Court

RealGM
And1: 561

Post#202 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 pm by Waylon Mercy

DHK wrote:
Waylon Mercy wrote:
DHK wrote:This all has to do with the fact that this team has all the pieces except the franchise player and BC is delusional to think that franchise player is Bargnani when everyone in the NBA, their mothers, their grandmothers know Bargnani is just a solid 3rd option on a playoff team. The sad part? unless we magically luck out and end up with Shabazz in this draft; we owe the pick to OKC and the draft that's full of game-changing players is NEXT season which means we have to follow this sadomasochistic team for another 1.5 season. The only thing keeping me entertained is the work of Amir, Ross and praying Val turns out to be something; Derozan becoming something. (but this hope gets worse and worse as the game wears on)

The prognosis is simple we're F*cked....nothing but more suffering in the forecast. The only hope is a
small chance at Wiggins that people take for granted is gonna fall in our lap.

The only thing that can ease the pain and distract us while we continue to suffer is firing Colangelo
because at least it gives people some hope that new GM will blow this horrid roster up.

Unlike the Bosh/CV season; the other lottery seasons or even the Camby/Christie era; this time around we have all the pieces set up nicely outside of that one franchise player..
Val is a terrific anchoring big. (or will be..hopefully)
Amir is a terrific big coming off the bench
Davis is turning out to be a solid piece.
Ross brings a lot of different weapons to the team
Derozan..I havent completely given up on him but this whole anti-clutchness is all about mentality and he has to treat the 4th just like he treats the 1st/3rd quarters when he's usually solid.
Lowry, when he's not playing TJ Ford me-ball, a tremendous PG to have around.
Calderon is arguably the best back up PG in the game.
It's such a tease because we're so close yet so far...and that one final piece, the most important one, seems to impossible to obtain at this point without giving up the set pieces we want to move forward with.

A bunch of role players that have some bad contracts and some role players that will get bad contracts
if Colangelo is brought back is nothing to be proud of.

There is nobody on this roster I wouldn't trade in the right deal to get a star or All-Star player
(Sorry Val and Ross fans) the depth needs to be sacrificed for talent. Guys that aren't top 10 players
at their position aren't hard to replace.

Yes there are certain players I ideally would like to keep but beggers can't be choosers in our position....

We are so pathetic we can't even build a treadmill team like Atlanta or Milwaukee...

Right now we should be in "asset collection mode" getting as many draft picks, expiring contracts and
young players with upside as we can find.

Boston (Pre Big 3 Era) and Houston this past summer showed us how you do it properly.
Waylon Mercy
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#203 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm by sanity

DeRozan getting dat force-fed minutes treatment to make his salary look less terrible

Sounds familiar with another prominent loser of a player
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,786

Post#204 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm by Kempistry

There is no way out of this mess!! Quit watchin and maybe management gets the message. I propose a realgm day of silence. No daily papers, no game thread, no nothing. Report back on how you productively spent your Friday evening or Sunday afternoon.
Kempistry
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#205 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 pm by KRANG

Didn't get to see the game. What happened with Fields? 13 minutes 2 pts 2 rebs?
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
KRANG

Assistant Coach
And1: 137

Post#206 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 pm by Kempistry

KRANG wrote:Didn't get to see the game. What happened with Fields? 13 minutes 2 pts 2 rebs?

I know it is pretty inexplicable, not sure how he got 2 pts.
Kempistry
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#207 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 pm by sanity

(or how he got that contract after his performance last season).

Our team is pretty **** with all of these borderline mediocre (being generous here) players on RIDICULOUS contracts. We're capped out next year with this team
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,786

Post#208 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 pm by Spragga

Our starting backcourt is pathetic. I give Casey props for benching them quickly in the 3rd but he should have stayed with Ross instead of bringing DD back in. Lowry played like 2 straight quarters. He was gassed. our starting sf/sg is deplorable.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Spragga
Head Coach
And1: 307

Post#209 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 pm by KRANG

Oh Fields. My close buddy is a Knicks fan and I always used to give him grief about Landry. Then we signed him.

The grief is all ours now.
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
KRANG

Assistant Coach
And1: 137

Post#210 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 pm by Basketball_Jones

So uhh...Jrue Holiday how about that? Didn't think he'd be in a whole other stratosphere compared to Demar, but now he is.
T-Ross the Boss wrote:Still scratching my head @ Aaron Gray 20 minutes

When he got the ball he was horrified, like someone shot his family.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 630

Post#211 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm by witnessraps

20 point lead blown.

4 point lead blown with 8 seconds to go.

This season is getting too ridiculous.
TZ!
joediamond wrote: Tony Parker doesn't actually have much more game than Leandro Barbosa. Timmy and Pop just makes up alot for him.
witnessraps

General Manager
And1: 883

Post#212 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 pm by Beardman

sanity wrote:DeRozan getting dat force-fed minutes treatment to make his salary look less terrible

Sounds familiar with another prominent loser of a player

And they do the opposite with Ed Davis' playing time, so that they won't have to pay him what he's worth when the time comes ... professional sports is a very corrupt business.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 78

Post#213 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm by Centre Court

Basketball_Jones wrote:So uhh...Jrue Holiday how about that? Didn't think he'd be in a whole other stratosphere compared to Demar, but now he is.

DeMar is great at getting points when it doesn't matter. I can't remember a 'star' being so un-clutch.
Centre Court

RealGM
And1: 561

Post#214 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm by zilby

Second game in a row the raptors lost because of a botched call by the refs. ****
zilby

RealGM
And1: 1,361

Post#215 Re: PG: Bed crap
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm by emfive

I felt the same way about his game.
emfive
General Manager
And1: 16

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors