Raptorfan2012 wrote:Only saw the 4th quarter and over time, but I saw Holiday abuse Lowry like no tomorrow. Where are all the Lowry fans/Calderon haters now? Offense during the OT was embarrassing, like the team had no clue what to do. I love Casey but he is not a very good strategist.. something has to be done.
I was also wondering why Lowry kept allowing Jrue to run past him...esp. the 2nd half. It could be that he had 4 fouls and he didn't want to get fouled out. But Lowry didn't seem confident at all yesterday. There were shots that he should have put up instead of passing it. He was 3/11 including the half court 1 sec buzzer shot he almost made in. Something was off, but he racked up 11 assists.
I actually wanted him to shoot more. Taking 10 shots (minus the half court) it unacceptable for a player like him, when players at his level usually take 20 shots. Offense was flowing better with Lowry in. Philly was shutting him down, prolly why he racked up 11 assists.
Like I said before, the main problems with this game is:
- the 1st unit at the 3rd qtr. There was no offense and defense.
- Taking out ross at the 4th. He was on FIRE. Let him take the shots! Every rookie is going to have an explosive game and this was his.
- Where was Lowry/Acy combo? These two were breaking the Philly's offense and all of sudden, these two stopped running their high PnR plays.
- Calderon....why the hell did he pass it to AA who was so close to the damn baseline and there were 2 defenders lurking right behind him.
- This was the main reason why we lost.
- At OT - this whole team was a mess.
- The last play - DD thought the play was for him. He was suppose to pass it right back to Lowry while he gave him a screen.