ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is enough with Anderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Thelonious
Assistant Coach
And1: 253

Re: Enough is enough with Anderson 

Post#41 » by Thelonious » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 am

no hype ≠ no game
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#42 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 am

Give him 30mpg and he'll have better production and defensive efficiency than DeRozan. He's better at the sport than him
SwaggWagg
Banned User
And1: 329

Post#43 » by SwaggWagg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 am

Bang for our buck

AA>>>>>>>>DD
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#44 » by Garmfay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am

He should NOT have the freedom to just jack up shots man. The dude has horrible FG% yet everyone is still praising this guy for chucking away like hes the number one option.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
Graham's Cracker
Analyst
And1: 647

Post#45 » by Graham's Cracker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:02 am

Waylon Mercy wrote:Trade him in the right deal while his value is high. With close to 10 mill locked up to Fields and
Kleiza next year we don't want to hurt our cap anymore investing more money in role playing wings.

exactly.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#46 » by Geddy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 am

mdot wrote:Dear Alan Anderson,

thank you for looking like Brock from pokemon
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
now and 4 life
Starter
And1: 11

Post#47 » by now and 4 life » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 am

We are 11-12 with Anderson in the lineup yet he shoots to much, yet there is another player who shoots a lot out of the flow of the offence which has cost us GAMES yet gets praised around here.
TorontoRaptures
Senior
And1: 119

Post#48 » by TorontoRaptures » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 am

Anderson is a bit of a chucker but Casey is partially responsible for that too. He's a good player though - contributes in many facets
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#49 » by StatLine » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 am

He's still a better bench than portland's on some nights
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#50 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:49 am

How does this 30 year old chucker with no future with the team, chucking shot after shot help the development of the more important players? Smart GMs get rid of players like this so that the younger players get more shots. In Toronto, players like him are encouraged to chuck, while Lowry is told to stop shooting too much. Nothing makes sense with this team.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#51 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 am

All you idiots defending Anderson ... it's baffling. The crazy thing is that more people have called Lowry a chucker than Anderson. Anderson is the very definition of a chucker. A perfectly fine rotation player, to come in and give you an offensive spark. But he is not a good NBA player by any means. Demar is a lot better.
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#52 » by kush- » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 am

BiggerthanBoykins wrote:He's better than DeRozan right now. He has no choice but to score and be aggressive, no one else on this team knows how to create. I'm not saying he's the end all, however at least he looks like he cares.

THIS!

Honest to god, right now Anderson and Lowry are the ONLY ones who even TRY to drive to the net. Derozan has fallen in love with his mid-range jumpshot, and we all know about Fields. Jose is Jose.

This team is awful. Anderson is not the one to blame.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
Jambo
Pro Prospect
And1: 233

Post#53 » by Jambo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 am

Phenomenologist wrote:All you idiots defending Anderson ... it's baffling. The crazy thing is that more people have called Lowry a chucker than Anderson. Anderson is the very definition of a chucker. A perfectly fine rotation player, to come in and give you an offensive spark. But he is not a good NBA player by any means. Demar is a lot better.

A chucker is a chucker regardless of who does the chucking . You don't seem to mind a chucker as long is it's you're guy doing the chucking . Also , chucking doesn't develop players , it just leads to a false semse of worth and more chucking .

IMO AA is 16-18 min a night role player but he still has a better all around game than DeStupid . DD has been gifted a starters role and mins since he was drafted . He's the most coddled player we've ever had and yet after 8000 plus mins in this league he's still getting out played by a D league scrub .
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#54 » by Hero » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 am

ROBBS wrote:I'd still take him over Demar any day.

No way. A chucker over Demar? Cmon now.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#55 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 am

Again, how does Anderson shooting so much benefit the Raptors? Can you people use your heads? Going forward, what benefit is there to have this guy act like he's the franchise player? There is none. The Raptors are not a playoff team and the guy is 30 years old. I would rather have Ed Davis go 3-20 from the field than have Alan Anderson go 11-12. At least you're letting Ed Davis learn from mistakes. All Alan Anderson is doing is trying to earn a new contract. The Raptors may as well bench all their young players and put out a lineup of Anderson, Kleiza, Bagnani, Calderon, and Fields and tell them all to chuck away, since they don't seem to care about developing players.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,376

Post#56 » by visionquest » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:31 am

Hey man, the guy can shoot. It's no coincidence that the Raps had a resurgence once AA returned from injury. The team wasnt a laughingstock for a few weeks at least.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#57 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:43 am

Hero wrote:

How many more let down performances do you need out of Demar? His game is midrange jumpers off screens. When he's bricking, what can he give you? Poor defense. He's terrible on iso situations, ineffective against any decent defender and can't break down a solid team defense. He looks like he's playing in slow motion when trying to create something. His post game showed great promise but where the hell is it? While AA is no star, he actually impacts games for us. Hits 3s, decent playmaking, and has a quicker first step than Demar. How sad is it that I trust a D-leaguer more than DD? He does get trigger happy during unecessary moments which I really hate too. Either way, I'd rather give both their minutes to Ross.
Jambo
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by Jambo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 am

Tha Cynic wrote:Again, how does Anderson shooting so much benefit the Raptors? Can you people use your heads? Going forward, what benefit is there to have this guy act like he's the franchise player? There is none. The Raptors are not a playoff team and the guy is 30 years old. I would rather have Ed Davis go 3-20 from the field than have Alan Anderson go 11-12. At least you're letting Ed Davis learn from mistakes. All Alan Anderson is doing is trying to earn a new contract. The Raptors may as well bench all their young players and put out a lineup of Anderson, Kleiza, Bagnani, Calderon, and Fields and tell them all to chuck away, since they don't seem to care about developing players.

You don't develop young players by giving them an unlimited amount of shots unless you believe that player has the skill to develop into a primary scorer on a quality team .

Players like Davis should be developed into the role you invision them filling down the road and for Ed that's and energy big off the bench who can give you 15-20 mins .
Jambo
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by Jambo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 am

ROBBS wrote:
Hero wrote:

How many more let down performances do you need out of Demar? His game is midrange jumpers off screens. When he's bricking, what can he give you? Poor defense. He's terrible on iso situations, ineffective against any decent defender and can't break down a solid team defense. He looks like he's playing in slow motion when trying to create something. His post game showed great promise but where the hell is it? While AA is no star, he actually impacts games for us. Hits 3s, decent playmaking, and has a quicker first step than Demar. How sad is it that I trust a D-leaguer more than DD? He does get trigger happy during unecessary moments which I really hate too. Either way, I'd rather give both their minutes to Ross.

I agree with your entire post especialy the part about Ross .
mdot
Senior
And1: 114

Post#60 » by mdot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 am

Really can't believe people would choose Anderson a d-league scrub chucking away for a contract over a younger 23 year old sg who until recently was playing dynamite. He's going through a bad stretch, I'm sure he'd be out of it soon. No wonder I only have like 15 posts here in the past three years.

Return to Toronto Raptors