ImageImageImageImageImage

Derozan's BS "work ethic"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tiger7
Bench Warmer
And1: 714

Re: Derozan's BS "work ethic" 

Post#61 » by tiger7 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm

If your questioning Demar's work ethic. Frankly your an idiot.
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#62 » by tracey_nice » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am

tiger7 wrote:If your questioning Demar's work ethic. Frankly your an idiot.

i think you missed the point of this thread broh. what the ppl in this thread are arguing is that Derozan fans, no matter how hard they work, will never be 'knowledgeable nba fans'.
StatsMan99
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#63 » by StatsMan99 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 am

Choker wrote:improving his jumpshot (remember when he couldn't shoot at all?), adding dimensions to his game, etc.

He still can't shoot at all. In fact, his percentages have gotten WORSE over the years, not better.
MA29
Sixth Man
And1: 770

Post#64 » by MA29 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 am

Demars and awesome guy and all but I think its time we trade him and start to develop Ross the right way and not make the same mistakes we made with Demar
YG to OG
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#65 » by carl_english » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 am

MA29 wrote:Demars and awesome guy and all but I think its time we trade him and start to develop Ross the right way and not make the same mistakes we made with Demar

It's like giving up on the kid that's not good at math for the younger kid that's good at math.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,244

Post#66 » by Archerbro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:46 am

I really hope the wrong use of the word was intentional. :wink:
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#67 » by ballislife » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 am

Archerbro wrote:

I really hope the wrong use of the word was intentional. :wink:

I agree with him. DeRozan has the ideal work ethic that you'd want out of an NBA player. The only problem is, he is/was "raw" (as described before he was drafter #9). For this reason, even though he's worked hard to improve his game, he really wont be as good as we wish he'd be. Ross on the other hand has the natural ability to be a better SG than DeRozan. He's more athletic, a better defender, and a far better shooter... not to mention how smooth he is with his movements. He's a better player than DeRozan once he learns the NBA game.

Though DeRozan's not what we wished he'd be, he's still one of the harder workers in the NBA. He still tries, and I can respect him for that. He's just not what we need at the 2 spot. Nonetheless, he'd be a very good 3 if he increased his strength/rebounding/ability to draw fouls. His game is fit for the 3 spot, he's just not big enough for it.
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#68 » by StatLine » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 am

Hard work without that natural talent only gets you as far someone naturally talented that doesn't work hard
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Re: Derozan's BS 

Post#69 » by ballislife » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:26 am

StatLine wrote:Hard work without that natural talent only gets you as far someone naturally talented that doesn't work hard
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#70 » by load management » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 am

I dont question his work ethic. I question his abilities and IQ.
**** the Tony Brothers
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#71 » by Egg Nog » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 am

Kobe's best plays (which over time ultimately earned the most media attention and glory) were often the hardest shots to hit.

Young players pay attention to what they see. There's no glory in showing the nuances of moving around a screen for a straightforward layup, but there's always attention for the long fading hand-in-the-face daggers that pop up routinely enough in large sample sizes of players good enough to earn major minutes.

The young kids watching think you need to work hard and hit tough shots, so they work hard and they take tough shots.

You end up with a league full of Nick Young clones.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#72 » by SaveTheHens » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 pm

I think the game comes more naturally to Ross because of his mental makeup, I think he has better focus than Demar and he doesn't overthink things. Demar is putting in the work, but I think he's overthinking things. If he can learn to clear his mind and not worry about what he's supposed to do, and just let his instincts take over he'll be a much better player.

I'd like to add, same goes for a player like Bargnani. Dude's talented, but he goes out there thinking about what he's supposed to do next. He's overusing his conscious mind, which is much more limited than clearing your mind and letting the subconscious take over. The subconscious mind has a tremendously higher amount of data available to it and integrates it much better than conscious thinking does.
blizz
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#73 » by blizz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Demar wasting his time in the drew league every year is probably making him worse. why even play in a league where you are one of the tallest and nobody plays defense. if he had good work ethic, he wouldn't be wasting his summers there. he would instead be working out with vets, which is pretty much how 99% of players get better. Demar tricked us, he has never ever had a good work ethic. he can't even take a break from his hometown shoot around games to actually get better.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,039

Post#74 » by ItsDanger » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Looking at Demar's stats over the past 3 seasons, it seems obvious that he has plateaued. Normally, you'd think there is another level but I just dont see it.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#75 » by Chaos Engine » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#76 » by gamer4Life » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Demar should be able to improve more now that he can practice against Ross.
StatsMan99
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#77 » by StatsMan99 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm

DD's TS% on the season is now under 51%. His PER is coming precariously close to slipping under 14.0.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#78 » by DonMega » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm

DD should have partied during new years instead of watched video, maybe he would be playing decent now. I think raps should package him with bustnani for a trade.
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#79 » by StringerBell » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 am

I'm not DD's biggest fan, but have to admit he HAS improved a lof a lot since his rookie year. He has an adequate offensive game for a SG, not to mention he's developed a post game and his jumper off the dribble has improved this year. On the other hand, he doesn't give you something you can count on from game to game. As a "scorer" he's not at an elite level and outside of a few SG's who are complete floor players, most either give you solid perimeter d or are 3 point shooters who can spread the floor.

As of right now, the only starting SG's I'd take over DD are Kobe, Bradley, Joe Johnson(maybe), Thompson, D-Wade, Ellis, E. Gordon, J.R. Smith, Afflalo, and Wes Matthews. IMO he's a top 12-15 Sg, which isn't great, but definitely not bad enough to warrant all the hate he gets on this board.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#80 » by Inevitable » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 am

DeRozan's speed, agility and dribbling for a SG is sub-par. This is primarily why when his jumpshot is not falling he cannot break down a defender at all and create, rendering him almost useless. We've seen this the past few games.

Return to Toronto Raptors