ImageImageImageImageImage

How do we like Lowry now?

gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Re: How do we like Lowry now? 

Post#21 » by gamer4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Trade them both. Starting with Calderon. Tank hard next season.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#22 » by grumpwalter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 pm

I personally could care less if he can run the pick-n-roll offense, it is the most predictable offense out there.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#23 » by arbsn » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Lowry is far and away my favourite Raptor

Val is second place

Then Ed Davis and Amir are equally skilled

Then the rest are all meh
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#24 » by cdel00 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
cdel00 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Some of us on the Milwaukee board want to propose Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Amir. Others on our board hate that deal. We've got about ten pages of rambling on Lowry at the link below.

Thoughts?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1226960&start=15#p34362285

Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Klieza is more reasonable :)

Dude thats just as bad.

Klieza has one less year and makes 2 mill per year less than Gooden.
Jennings is up for renegotiations while Lowry is locked into one of the best non rookie deals in the league for another year after this.

Marginal talent upgrade at best, while we get crapped on financially.

It's in the ball park, a mil 2nd rounder and its balanced IMO.

We owe mil a solid for giving us Amir. ;)
Hot Water
Junior
And1: 186

Post#25 » by Hot Water » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Big Shot wrote:He is not Chris Paul, Derrick Ross, and Westbrook for sure. But he is what we have right now and is someone who is young and still has room to improve. Deal with it.

Having said that, I do think he needs to play better and more aggressively on both ends of the floor. It's not like he can't do it.

He's not THAT young. He's almost 27 and has been in the league for 7 seasons now, only one less than Calderon.
waltthewiz
Junior
And1: 21

Post#26 » by waltthewiz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Jennings isn't that good.

Please tell me more about this Derrick Ross guy, I'm intrigued.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#27 » by grumpwalter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:14 pm

The main reason why I was excited for Lowry because I thought it meant we were going to change the flawed system that we play, but now it looks like he's the outcast, but what we really need is a fire sale in order to change the system.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#28 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Lowry probably isn't going to re-sign with our team without being severely overpaid. Considering what we gave up for him, I'd say we're **** no matter what we decide to do with him. He hasn't been playing as good as he has last season and playing for this team probably is enough to piss off any player who wants to win.
souljah006
Junior
And1: 100

Post#29 » by souljah006 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Millqqqwaaea6)
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#30 » by witnessraps » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:17 pm

what casey did last night made no sense. Start Jose in the second half, pull him at the seven minute mark of the third and then Lowry plays the rest of the game + OT...he is obviously going to get tired. I don't blame Lowry. If Lowry is your guy then you need to start him, give him his rest, and bring him back in.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#31 » by FreshyFlames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Never liked him. Was LMAO when everyone jumped in that contract thread after pre season and said he deserved at least 13m a year. He just isn't that good but deceives fans here because he plays hard like a Reggie Evans but at least has some talent which can make it seem like he's just as good as some of the better point guards. In reality he's not even a tier 2 PG as guys like Lawson Holiday and Curry are much better. I rank him in the 3rd tier with guys like Ray Felton, Lin, Conley. If we really want to get a game changer it's time to make a big time trade. We have lots of tradeable assets that could net us something really solid with a combo of Lowry Bargnani Jose and Amir. Not a fan of trading Ed or Ross at this point of their careers.
Raps in 6ix
maxslugger
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#32 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm

witnessraps wrote:what casey did last night made no sense. Start Jose in the second half, pull him at the seven minute mark of the third and then Lowry plays the rest of the game + OT...he is obviously going to get tired. I don't blame Lowry. If Lowry is your guy then you need to start him, give him his rest, and bring him back in.

Can you guys please get off of Lowry's CO*K. Seriously this is a mans league, I'm sure he was fine.. we weren't on a back to back. The reason why Casey subbed Jose off because the offense was working which initially was caseys fault putting on fields and demar who have NO RANGE not leaving Calderon with much to work with. So quickly he subbed on Lowry to make a difference with AA and Lowry didnt do much better...
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#33 » by fredericklove » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Alright enough with the trolling. Last night he did collapse on OT against Jrue on defensive end but by no means he's a worst defender than your boy Jose. Oh also Jose is getting traded soon. Deal with it.
maxslugger
Ballboy

Post#34 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 pm

FreshyFlames wrote:Never liked him. Was LMAO when everyone jumped in that contract thread after pre season and said he deserved at least 13m a year. He just isn't that good but deceives fans here because he plays hard like a Reggie Evans but at least has some talent which can make it seem like he's just as good as some of the better point guards. In reality he's not even a tier 2 PG as guys like Lawson Holiday and Curry are much better. I rank him in the 3rd tier with guys like Ray Felton, Lin, Conley. If we really want to get a game changer it's time to make a big time trade. We have lots of tradeable assets that could net us something really solid with a combo of Lowry Bargnani Jose and Amir. Not a fan of trading Ed or Ross at this point of their careers.

Thank you.. I totally agree..
jstarks10
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#35 » by jstarks10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 pm

i wrote this in the PG thread

I was also wondering why Lowry kept allowing Jrue to run past him...esp. the 2nd half. It could be that he had 4 fouls and he didn't want to get fouled out. But Lowry didn't seem confident at all yesterday. There were shots that he should have put up instead of passing it. He was 3/11 including the half court 1 sec buzzer shot he almost made in. Something was off, but he racked up 11 assists.
I actually wanted him to shoot more. Taking 10 shots (minus the half court) it unacceptable for a player like him, when players at his level usually take 20 shots. Offense was flowing better with Lowry in. Philly was shutting him down, prolly why he racked up 11 assists.

Like I said before, the main problems with this game is:

- the 1st unit at the 3rd qtr. There was no offense and defense.
- Taking out ross at the 4th. He was on FIRE. Let him take the shots! Every rookie is going to have an explosive game and this was his.
- Where was Lowry/Acy combo? These two were breaking the Philly's offense and all of sudden, these two stopped running their high PnR plays.
- Calderon....why the hell did he pass it to AA who was so close to the damn baseline and there were 2 defenders lurking right behind him. - This was the main reason why we lost.
- At OT - this whole team was a mess.
- The last play - DD thought the play was for him. He was suppose to pass it right back to Lowry while he gave him a screen.

Lowry is one of the better defenders in raptors. He is a far superior defender than Calderon.
jstarks10
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by jstarks10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 pm

FreshyFlames wrote:Never liked him. Was LMAO when everyone jumped in that contract thread after pre season and said he deserved at least 13m a year. He just isn't that good but deceives fans here because he plays hard like a Reggie Evans but at least has some talent which can make it seem like he's just as good as some of the better point guards. In reality he's not even a tier 2 PG as guys like Lawson Holiday and Curry are much better. I rank him in the 3rd tier with guys like Ray Felton, Lin, Conley. If we really want to get a game changer it's time to make a big time trade. We have lots of tradeable assets that could net us something really solid with a combo of Lowry Bargnani Jose and Amir. Not a fan of trading Ed or Ross at this point of their careers.

LOL at ranking Felton as tier 3. He's a 16/8 player maker with excellent defense.

Lowry is in the same category as Ty, Jrue, Curry.
maxslugger
Ballboy

Post#37 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm

fredericklove wrote:Alright enough with the trolling. Last night he did collapse on OT against Jrue on defensive end but by no means he's a worst defender than your boy Jose. Oh also Jose is getting traded soon. Deal with it.

Jose is not my boy believe me. I just want you bi-polar fans to realize Lowry is a bum, maybe even worse when we hand the keys over to him to run the point..
jstarks10
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by jstarks10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 pm

maxslugger wrote:
witnessraps wrote:what casey did last night made no sense. Start Jose in the second half, pull him at the seven minute mark of the third and then Lowry plays the rest of the game + OT...he is obviously going to get tired. I don't blame Lowry. If Lowry is your guy then you need to start him, give him his rest, and bring him back in.

Can you guys please get off of Lowry's CO*K. Seriously this is a mans league, I'm sure he was fine.. we weren't on a back to back. The reason why Casey subbed Jose off because the offense was working which initially was caseys fault putting on fields and demar who have NO RANGE not leaving Calderon with much to work with. So quickly he subbed on Lowry to make a difference with AA and Lowry didnt do much better...

Lowry kept the lead for raptors until calderon came back in. Agree?
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#39 » by Turbo_Zone » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 pm

I stand by Lowry.

Calderon and Bargnani are murdering this team from the inside for the 1,000+ reasons stated over the last few years.

Whatever bit parts you get for those two, I sincerely believe Lowry can work with them + young guys to make a solid young, growing team.

Lowry
Ross
-
Ed Davis
Valanciunas

It's not Rocket Science.

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#40 » by fredericklove » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm

maxslugger wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Alright enough with the trolling. Last night he did collapse on OT against Jrue on defensive end but by no means he's a worst defender than your boy Jose. Oh also Jose is getting traded soon. Deal with it.

Jose is not my boy believe me. I just want you bi-polar fans to realize Lowry is a bum, maybe even worse when we hand the keys over to him to run the point..

Maybe you're right. Go tell BC to trade your bum.

Return to Toronto Raptors