ImageImageImageImageImage

How do we like Lowry now?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

maxslugger
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: How do we like Lowry now? 

Post#41 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm

jstarks10 wrote:
maxslugger wrote:
witnessraps wrote:what casey did last night made no sense. Start Jose in the second half, pull him at the seven minute mark of the third and then Lowry plays the rest of the game + OT...he is obviously going to get tired. I don't blame Lowry. If Lowry is your guy then you need to start him, give him his rest, and bring him back in.

Can you guys please get off of Lowry's CO*K. Seriously this is a mans league, I'm sure he was fine.. we weren't on a back to back. The reason why Casey subbed Jose off because the offense was working which initially was caseys fault putting on fields and demar who have NO RANGE not leaving Calderon with much to work with. So quickly he subbed on Lowry to make a difference with AA and Lowry didnt do much better...

Lowry kept the lead for raptors until calderon came back in. Agree?

umm I'm pretty sure Lowry came in with a 8 or 13 pt lead, gunna be honest not exactly sure. I remember jose coming off the bench and hitting a clutch 3pt and Lowry missing about 5 of them because he wanted to be a hero...
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#42 » by tracey_nice » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Knocks Nick Young on his *** because he can't take the loss. There isn't one red blooded Raptor fan that wasn't happy about that.

i bleed purple, broh.

calderon > lowry, as well, fwiw.
Hot Water
Junior
And1: 186

Post#43 » by Hot Water » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Turbo_Zone wrote:I stand by Lowry.

Calderon and Bargnani are murdering this team from the inside for the 1,000+ reasons stated over the last few years.

Whatever bit parts you get for those two, I sincerely believe Lowry can work with them + young guys to make a solid young, growing team.

Lowry
Ross
-
Ed Davis
Valanciunas

It's not Rocket Science.

Why do you lump Calderon and Bargnani into the same category? Calderon has already been traded by BC once, and Colangelo has brought in 4 (and counting...) point guards to take his starting spot. This is a great example of a popualr narrative gaining steam within the forums and overtaking real life.
jstarks10
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#44 » by jstarks10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:45 pm

maxslugger wrote:
umm I'm pretty sure Lowry came in with a 8 or 13 pt lead, gunna be honest not exactly sure. I remember jose coming off the bench and hitting a clutch 3pt and Lowry missing about 5 of them because he wanted to be a hero...

Raps were up 19 and then went down to either 8 or 9 point lead. Lowry came in and kept the lead.
Read the play by play on NBA.com
your boy Calderon came in the 4th and turned over during inbound, which led to a 96-96 tie by Jrue. This is why we went to OT.
Your boy Calderon shot a open 3 in the OT. And who made this play? Lowry. He drove towards the basket, philly defenders piled up in the paint, Lowry passed it out to Calderon who had all the time in the world to make that 3.

So....do you agree with me now?
maxslugger
Ballboy

Post#45 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Hot Water wrote:

Calderon and Bargnani are murdering this team from the inside for the 1,000+ reasons stated over the last few years.

Whatever bit parts you get for those two, I sincerely believe Lowry can work with them + young guys to make a solid young, growing team.

Lowry
Ross
-
Ed Davis
Valanciunas

It's not Rocket Science.

Why do you lump Calderon and Bargnani into the same category? Calderon has already been traded by BC once, and Colangelo has brought in 4 (and counting...) point guards to take his starting spot. This is a great example of a popualr narrative gaining steam within the forums and overtaking real life.

its either 1 of 2 things:

#1-there both white

ORRRRRRRRRR

#2-there both soft

I'm gunna go with both choices, I'm going to lean HARD at #1. Just my opinion :D
ThereIsNoSpork
Banned User
And1: 1,482

Post#46 » by ThereIsNoSpork » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:49 pm

:lol: @ this forum.. same topics every day..

I will take ANYONE not named Jose Calderon at this point. The guy is an absolute cancer to the team just like Bargnani. Yeah he's a nice guy and a professional person blah blah, that doesn't cut it year after year that's not going to get this team anywhere. He needs to be traded there's no other way around it. And if Dwayne Clowny isnt going to use Kyle properly then trade Lowry too.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#47 » by Undefeated » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Lowry can't run the PnR? Dafuq. His pass to Amir threading the needle was right on the money last night.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
maxslugger
Ballboy

Post#48 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm

jstarks10 wrote:
maxslugger wrote:

Raps were up 19 and then went down to either 8 or 9 point lead. Lowry came in and kept the lead.
Read the play by play on NBA.com
your boy Calderon came in the 4th and turned over during inbound, which led to a 96-96 tie by Jrue. This is why we went to OT.
Your boy Calderon shot a open 3 in the OT. And who made this play? Lowry. He drove towards the basket, philly defenders piled up in the paint, Lowry passed it out to Calderon who had all the time in the world to make that 3.

So....do you agree with me now?

Not at all, I've never seen Lowry put this team on his back and give us a win. Everytime he starts to play good he gets hurt. Since he's known to score before pass I can forsee this effecting his play like last night.

Blame the pass on caldy all you want, I'm neutral, just want the team to win and Lowry AINT BETTER THAN JOSE AT PLAYING PG. Hey don't forgot on the pass that Alan Anderson was fouled and no1 could seem to get open off the inbound... Previously Demar had to use our last timeout because no1 could get open.
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#49 » by lucky777s » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm

witnessraps wrote:what casey did last night made no sense. Start Jose in the second half, pull him at the seven minute mark of the third and then Lowry plays the rest of the game + OT...he is obviously going to get tired. I don't blame Lowry. If Lowry is your guy then you need to start him, give him his rest, and bring him back in.

You can't blame his mistakes on being tired though. He came into the game having seen that Jrue was being more aggressive and should have been fresh and prepared for that. He got smoked right away and never stopped one attempted dribble penetration the entire time.

His TO's were horrible and led to direct layups the other way. His shot was off the whole night. And he did not create any looks for anybody. His assists came off perimeter passes that people slam Jose for all the time. TRoss and AA shots.

So really he was completely ineffective at both ends this game. Jose was shooting well. Just need some scoring options beside him.
jstarks10
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#50 » by jstarks10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 pm

maxslugger wrote:
Not at all, I've never seen Lowry put this team on his back and give us a win. Everytime he starts to play good he gets hurt. Since he's known to score before pass I can forsee this effecting his play like last night.

Blame the pass on caldy all you want, I'm neutral, just want the team to win and Lowry AINT BETTER THAN JOSE AT PLAYING PG. Hey don't forgot on the pass that Alan Anderson was fouled and no1 could seem to get open off the inbound... Previously Demar had to use our last timeout because no1 could get open.

I thought we were talking about last night's game. Lowry has been playing like a pass first PG, which is completely mind-boggling. Lowry took 11 shots yesterday, which includes the half court shot when they had 1 sec left. Only 11 shots while playing 30+ minutes....look at how many assists he had. He's been averaging 7+ assists (while only average about 25 mpg) ever since he came back. Now I know for a fact you dont know much about basketball.

You HAVE to blame Calderon for losing that game. AA should have been the LAST player to pass it to. He was right by the baseline with 2 defenders lurking around. Even if he passed it to someone else, raps would had a better chance of retaining the ball and possibly led to a win.

So can you agree that Lowry kept the lead until calderon came back?
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#51 » by Turbo_Zone » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm

maxslugger wrote:
Hot Water wrote:

Lowry
Ross
-
Ed Davis
Valanciunas

It's not Rocket Science.

its either 1 of 2 things:

#1-there both white

ORRRRRRRRRR

#2-there both soft

I'm gunna go with both choices, I'm going to lean HARD at #1. Just my opinion :D

#1 Bargnani and Calderon could be Green for all I care.

I'd love nothing more than for Bargnani to turn into Dirk Lite. If you still think this is going to happen, you're far more optimistic than I am.

Calderon does some things well on offence, but if you trade a #1 pick for your "PG of the future", whom you feel is better overall than Calderon (as management MUST have thought if they made that move) then you give him the keys and let the man figure out this team.

Our team has simply not had sustained success with Jose Calderon at the point and we have to look no further than our record for rough proof of that.

Additionally, the complimentary piece(s) Calderon COULD have netted during those peak times (even post failed Chandler trade) when he was on fire, have played a total of '0' minutes for the Raptors thus far. I feel those pieces could have helped more than Calderon getting unnecessary minutes at the point.

Anyway, I understand there are some people who "don't like Euros/white guys" or whatever, but that's not me.

That's nonsense.

If you can ball, you can ball.

I just don't think these guys can ball with the team I envision.

And in the meantime, only in my opinion, are they hurting us from the inside by stifling the growth of our young building blocks.

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
raptorfan416
Banned User
And1: 172

Post#52 » by raptorfan416 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Mack11 wrote:I dont flip flop on players every game
are you shocked ? another flip flop thread.. lowry drops 30 and 10 next game and it's lowry is beat, lowry is a warrior.. you can't really take in the crap people say on this forum after we lose a game because a good % of these youths on here are immature... if the raptors go on a 10 game winning strike you'll see threads from people compering this team to the team that lost to philly in the playoff's... some of these player are only bums and scrubs to these guys when we lose, but when we win none of these flip flopping bipolar fans got anything bad to say.. remember last month when everybody was smoking jose's pubic hair and hugging his n*ts, now it's back to jose is a bum :-?
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#53 » by Undefeated » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:27 pm

lucky777s wrote:His assists came off perimeter passes that people slam Jose for all the time. TRoss and AA shots.

Yeah, most of them were perimeter passes that came in transition with Ross as a trailer on the secondary break. In the half-court, on one of Ross' 4 made 3PT baskets he found him in the corner off of dribble penetration after drawing Ross' defender to him. And he had a some other beautiful set ups for Amir Johnson and Quincy Acy when he "stretched the hedge" forcing the double on him and finding those guys when they had a clear path down the lane on those dives with the pocket bounce pass. Calderon NEVER stretches the hedge. It's a fact that Lowry is a better playmaker than Calderon even if he didn't show it against Philly. Calderon dreams of making that reverse pivot to no-look pass Lowry had against the Bulls.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#54 » by StopitLeo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Undefeated wrote:Lowry can't run the PnR? Dafuq. His pass to Amir threading the needle was right on the money last night.

And all the times he passed it off the defender's foot or behind his teammate? Lowry doesn't take good angles to create space for passes and he doesn't lead the guy rolling with his passes.

I think Lowry would be better doing more dribble penetration, draw and kick, etc...
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#55 » by ansoncarter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 pm

^calderon makes "pocket bounce passes" all the time. He's fantastic at it. His 2man game with ed and amir is on a blatantly higher level than lowry imo. Also defenders chase him off screens all the time
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#56 » by TPV » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Lowry is clearly the best point guard and player on the team. I don't see how this can be argued against unless you want to cite the team's winning streak against inferior competition with Calderon as the starter.

That's not to say Jose isn't bad, because he isn't, but Lowry's individual brilliance is desperately needed on a team that doesn't have the right players or system to consistently win (to be at least playoff team) when Calderon is the main point guard.
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#57 » by kush- » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm

SO when he plays like Jose, everyone craps on him for being "castrated".
When he plays hero balls and nearly salvages the game by himself, he's a pre-madonna.

These fans yo. lol
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#58 » by Greg Stink » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Some of us on the Milwaukee board want to propose Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Amir. Others on our board hate that deal. We've got about ten pages of rambling on Lowry at the link below.

Thoughts?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1226960&start=15#p34362285

I would never do that deal in a million years. You can't have Amir back! Jennings, if traded this year, would have us over a barrel on an extension with the threat of essentially trading Lowry/Amir for nothing but Gooden, the worst player and contract value in the deal. Wouldn't trade Lowry for Jennings straight-up, I really don't like Jennings' game at all.
SwaggWagg
Banned User
And1: 329

Post#59 » by SwaggWagg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Good ***** lord, is there one of these everyday. I've never seen a fanbase with such flip flipping pre-madonna's in my life.
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#60 » by Indiana Jones » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 pm

He's the only guy who can use the dribble to get to the paint. That is extremely valuable, just ask Jrue Holliday.

Return to Toronto Raptors