ImageImageImageImageImage

How do we like Lowry now?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Re: How do we like Lowry now? 

Post#81 » by dagger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:34 pm

SwaggWagg wrote:Good ***** lord, is there one of these everyday. I've never seen a fanbase with such flip flipping pre-madonna's in my life.

It's prima donna, has nothing to do with the pop singer. The primma donna tends to perform fully clothed and in Wagnerian opera wears armour. The term is used not to suggest unpredictability, but rather the predictable, pubic sense of entitlement displayed by the lead female singer at major opera companies, especially in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#82 » by lucky777s » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 pm

C.Boshly wrote:I think the problem is that people truly believe Lowry is a better player than he is.

This guy got beat out as the starter by Dragic last year.

I think he is a better player than Jose but, in my opinion, the difference is marginal.

This team has such a lack of talent it really doesn't matter who is better. Just dislike people demonizing Jose.

Exactly right.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#83 » by Mikistan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm

He is easily the best player on our team and is very educated on how to play. We haven't seen him win one yet but he keeps us in every game.

Give him the keys and watch us all grow.
torsport
Assistant Coach
And1: 114

Post#84 » by torsport » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm

C.Boshly wrote:I think the problem is that people truly believe Lowry is a better player than he is.

I think he is a better player than Jose but, in my opinion, the difference is marginal.

This team has such a lack of talent it really doesn't matter who is better. Just dislike people demonizing Jose.

This is just wrong. Lowry was not beat out by Dragic he lost his job due to injury. He was performing at a near all star level prior and had the team in a play off spot.

When he was injured Dragic took the helm and put up good numbers but the Rockets sank in the standings.

That was partially the controversy when Kyle came back from injury. The team wasn't winning and he wasn't starting.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#85 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm

SwaggWagg wrote:Good ***** lord, is there one of these everyday. I've never seen a fanbase with such flip flipping pre-madonna's in my life.

It's prima donna, has nothing to do with the pop singer. The primma donna tends to perform fully clothed and in Wagnerian opera wears armour. The term is used not to suggest unpredictability, but rather the predictable, pubic sense of entitlement displayed by the lead female singer at major opera companies, especially in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

:lol:

About the Jennings/Gooden for Lowry/Amir swap.

We could afford to do that deal in that we have Ed and Amir doing essentially the same things. Nobody works harder than Amir so that is a tough one but from a building perspective it makes sense for us even if we take on another Marcus Banks in Gooden. I'm not of the opinion the Demar is some kind of liability and would look forward to the chemistry between those two. I'd most certainly do that trade.
Norma Wick
Junior
And1: 97

Post#86 » by Norma Wick » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am

pre madonna

"You know the sad thing about surprises? It never comes when you expect it" - Jr. Smith
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#87 » by Illuminati_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 am

torsport wrote:

This is just wrong. Lowry was not beat out by Dragic he lost his job due to injury. He was performing at a near all star level prior and had the team in a play off spot.

When he was injured Dragic took the helm and put up good numbers but the Rockets sank in the standings.

That was partially the controversy when Kyle came back from injury. The team wasn't winning and he wasn't starting.

Now that's exactly right. Don't expect lucky777 to speak with any logic. Byes had a clear agenda against any pg opposing Jose.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#88 » by sanity » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:11 am

If you don't think Dragic beat out Lowry for the starting spot look at their numbers after Lowry returned from injury. He was playing like **** and Houston/Adelman opted for the player performing better after season's end. The Rockets lost 6-straight with Lowry starting after his return and fell short of the playoffs by 2 games.

It wasn't about Dragic being better than Lowry or vice versa--Houston was performing BETTER with Dragic and Adelman went into the offseason wanting them to retain Dragic while moving or demoting Lowry into a backup role.

You can even make several cases to show that Dragic has been outplaying Lowry this season in Phoenix
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#89 » by Volcano » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 am

u mad
ronleroy
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#90 » by ronleroy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 am

looks out of shape, he was more mobile in houston.
Jeremy Lin > Spartacus
Illuminati_
Starter

Post#91 » by Illuminati_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:27 am

sanity wrote:If you don't think Dragic beat out Lowry for the starting spot look at their numbers after Lowry returned from injury. He was playing like **** and Houston/Adelman opted for the player performing better after season's end. The Rockets lost 6-straight with Lowry starting after his return and fell short of the playoffs by 2 games.

It wasn't about Dragic being better than Lowry or vice versa--Houston was performing BETTER with Dragic and Adelman went into the offseason wanting them to retain Dragic while moving or demoting Lowry into a backup role.

You can even make several cases to show that Dragic has been outplaying Lowry this season in Phoenix

Actually their playoffs hopes dwindled that year during his absence mid season. The rockets actually held the 8th spot before his injury and they let it slip..the team went 13-13 after lowry's injury. The team didnt perform better but at the same time kevin martin did miss some games during that tough stretch. Like others said Dragic just put up good numbers but he didnt neccessarily impact the game like Lowry.
Illuminati_
Starter

Post#92 » by Illuminati_ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Still waiting on that proof of the rockets winning more games with dragic. I've never saw a team lose a playoff spot while performing better.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#93 » by Big Shot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm

sanity wrote:

What did it do with Adelman while he already left HOU in Apr. 2011 and became MIN's coach five months later? If you didn't even know who coached HOU at the time, how could you expect people believe in what you said?
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,574

Post#94 » by dTox » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Big Shot wrote:
sanity wrote:

What did it do with Adelman while he already left HOU in Apr. 2011 and became MIN's coach five months later? If you didn't even know who coached HOU at the time, how could you expect people believe in what you said?

Yep, making up stories to make Lowry look bad is quite sad...especially when the person (Adelman) in the story was not even on the team during that time.
TBZ for the win
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#95 » by KnickerBonkerz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

I stopped reading at "pre-madonna" lmfao... Kids these days

Reminds me of Justin Bieber and "The 16th chapel" :lol:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
mrsocko
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Post#96 » by mrsocko » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Houston traded us a player that most consider the best player on our team for a mid 1st round pick in a bad draft year.

Sad.
Dick expectation level 0/5
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 668

Post#97 » by roundhead0 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm

KnickerBonkerz wrote:I stopped reading at "pre-madonna" lmfao... Kids these days

Hucked on Fonicks.
maxslugger
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#98 » by maxslugger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

roundhead0 wrote:
KnickerBonkerz wrote:I stopped reading at "pre-madonna" lmfao... Kids these days

Hucked on Fonicks.

Sorry Homo's, never knew that I was writting an essay for english class. Next time i'll remember remember to hit spell check for you bi-polar idiots...
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,272

Post#99 » by Scase » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 pm

maxslugger wrote:
roundhead0 wrote:

Hucked on Fonicks.

Sorry Homo's, never knew that I was writting an essay for english class. Next time i'll remember remember to hit spell check for you bi-polar idiots...

What are you 12?

Also it's writing not writting :lol:
Props TZ!
Yogi Stewertess
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#100 » by Yogi Stewertess » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm

IvanIV wrote:Love the guy. By the way, it's "prima donna", ****.

reminds me of "primo pasta"

Return to Toronto Raptors